It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the fear mongering. No wars are about to happen. Here's why.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0
I should probably mention, OP. This thread won't get many replies. Because common sense isn't a sexy subject to talk about. No, It's much more interesting to play armchair general and theorize how we're all going to die this week as opposed to last week.

LOL! You just described 90% of the people I come across on this site
Have a look at my thread on the disinfo claimers

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Look around you OP.

You can create and live in your own fantasy world, but the real world marches on leaving you in the dust.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Look around you OP.

You can create and live in your own fantasy world, but the real world marches on leaving you in the dust.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

I believe we may still be years away from another great war but only weeks or months at most from a bombardment by NATO forces in to Syria and possibly Iran or both in one hit. There will be total chaos but not a regional war.

There is a greater chance of war opening up in the Baltic states before any big war will happen in the Middle East.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

reply to post by EspyderMan

reply to post by redoubt

WW2 happened because of the lack of foresight at the end of WW1. It was a direct consequence of the treaty of Versailles. You're treating WW2 like it was an entirely different path and was caused by the leaders of Europe. Yes, It was implemented by the leaders of Europe, But WW1 set the wheels in motion.

Yup, Versailles had a role in Germany's rise. No doubt. But it wasn't the sole gear spinning. There were other players that included a really devastated global economy, a general move towards militarism and a rather unique circumstance that saw some unlikely leaders emerge from the Axis nations.

Additionally, don't pander and don't troll. No one here earns respect through insults and lording...

TXRabbit's first words:"I respectfully disagree."
Mart0's first words in reply: "Increidlbly naive post."

Welcome to ATS. Clean up your act.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Those "Unique" leaders emerged because war-torn Europe was ripe for a charismatic leader to brainwash them. Hitler's main selling point was he would completely ignore the treaty and bring Germany back to past glory. WW1 is the entire reason Hitler got into power. And lets not even get into the area of would he even had the views he had if he wasn't involved in WW1.
And as for "Trolling"? It's not trolling when someone has a different opinion to you. That post was naive.
Welcome to ATS, Grow thicker skin,

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Those "Unique" leaders emerged because war-torn Europe was ripe for a charismatic leader to brainwash them. Hitler's main selling point was he would completely ignore the treaty and bring Germany back to past glory. WW1 is the entire reason Hitler got into power. And lets not even get into the area of would he even had the views he had if he wasn't involved in WW1.
And as for "Trolling"? It's not trolling when someone has a different opinion to you. That post was naive.
Welcome to ATS, Grow thicker skin,

Good lord, who let god almighty in the door?

*sigh*

You're gonna get lonely real quick. But... your choice.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I don't want a war so gold and silver will go up. I want a massive war so all the useless eaters will be wiped out. I want it to give the people who think they are so important and who act like idiots to get a huge reality check. I want a war to wipe out all these rouge states that cause nothing but grief to the rest of the world and halt human progress. I want a war so society will open its eyes and realize that we can't live like this anymore.

Screw the economy, screw oil. Just wipe the slate clean and start over.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Or you could go entirely off-topic and ignore the other 95% of my post and what we were originally talking about, Sure, that's awesome too.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Or you could go entirely off-topic and ignore the other 95% of my post and what we were originally talking about, Sure, that's awesome too.

You're not looking to discuss issues. You're looking to argue and insult. I got better things to do than watch you groom your ego.

Have a nice day

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

I Agree.
This generation (My generation, calm down) Needs a war. Something to show them what it means to be human. They have zero respect for life itself and how fragile this world really is. Ipads are more important than civil liberties. Sickening

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

Its the only conclusion I have reached that will fix all the BS on this planet. I'm so sick of people these days who think their lives are so damn important and treat others like pure * just for the hell of it.

I don't think there is anything at this point other than a massive planetary scale war that will fix our broken society.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mart0

In a sick twisted sort of way, I do agree with you.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jcord

What happens if instead of an out of control collapse that would be hyperinflationary if the currencies collapse we have a controlled deflationary contraction....and gold, along with other assets, gets sold off to cover bad debts?? The consensus is usually wrong (especially at the extremes) on such matters. That doesnt mean that fiat currency will survive in the long run (but in the long run we are all dead). Wars are usually determined by politicians not generals...let's just hope our politicians (including potus) are rational.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

The Government is not going to let that all go to waste over a war with Iran, as that will send oil off the roof and destory our economy. That simple.

You don't suppose some people might see, destroying our economy as a very good idea then!? - you think that the folks in the KGB, CCP or the 12'ver Mullahs, Kim il Jong, Chavez, etc are all rational enlightened actors - sorry but these folks and many others (some very very close to home) dream of collapsing the US economy!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
we produce our own oil, OPEC sets the price for oil, so if the US goes by OPEC pricing, then domestic oil producers are not blamed for pricing too high. The higher OPEC prices go, the more money the oil companies make. 99% im pretty sure dont own oil wells. If war happens, then the economy grows producing products to support war, producing taxes, that pay for war. Our money is based on paper, ( the economic strength) or ability to pay debt. If everyone is working, and getting paid, then everyone is spending! Russia wants some of that, so does china. The current economic system is strained, so in order to fix it there has to be a demand created. The normal demand would be consumer based. The consumer base is out of money depending on govt finance to eat. What is better? Give a man food, or give a job to a man to feed his family?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The thing I find interesting about this, and I quite agree, I don't think there will be another world war until the environment degrades a lot more. But with our global economies now being so closely intertwined and interlinked, it's very hard to see how a full scale war could ever actually be fought.

We all inter-depend on each other far too much.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Off topic
edit on 29/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

with todays technology, the possibility of a Book of Eli senario isinevitable. Without the fine thread of law that holds us back, life would be .....Hellish. You will be like an animal, not knowing if you have a next meal, or you are the next meal.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I will agree to the post of "Wars do not just sneak up" in the sense that they require much planning and thought. Yes, on the outside it may seem 'sparks' ignite the flame but once the flame is burning; most fail/do not bother to see what caused the spark to 'spark'...

Before, during, after, and the end goal resultant all come into play with conflicts of any kind - at least this day in age. All is but pieces on a chess board. I believe there are enough potential 'sparks' in many locations of the world to ignite the flame of war. The key I believe is timing... A successful strategic will be able to look at the playing field to see when is beneficial/appropriate. lol AH, but beneficial to whom....

"War is chaos - chaos brings change.
War is hell - hell brings pain."

I would suggest to be prepared, as tis better to be prepared then caught with your pants down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join