It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The OP clearly said religion is a tool of the devil and there you go mixing Jesus and Christians with God. Ok, people. 1 - Jesus is not god. He is as much the son of god than everyone here. 2 - Believing in God doesn't have make you a religious person. 3 - Faith is not a religion. 4 - Religion is a control tool.
reply to post by User8911

SO TRUE it needed to be repeated.

A true seeker of God knows this quoted above. The one continuously making excuses why not to believe is so far from this truth it isn't even funny. They are clueless! Jesus was awesome....he is our brother....he despised Religion. Someone who has sought answers to know God better learns ....what he knows to be the most truth and love on Earth is within, just as Jesus said.

Non believers have the truth twisted because their intent is not to seek....but to destroy the faith of others.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambs to lions
reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly.

And some might say that religion hinders the search for truth...because it feeds you all the 'answers'.

I'm one of those who say that...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly.

And some might say that religion hinders the search for truth...because it feeds you all the 'answers'.

I think for some....religion is looked upon now a days as a hindrance. Hindering an individual for a solid relationship with the God of said religion. ALL religions are similar yet different. They all contradict and are very humanly divine in their own right. They do not offer truth though....they only offer an insight to the truth. All knowledge thus far is scattered among many individuals and collectively we have only an idea.

In my opinion....To argue one knows any more than, "there is a creator" is nothing but an illusion to ones truth. We can speculate and we can offer experiences. An experience is a proof of God for the seeker but only for that individual seeker.

No Seeker= No Truth

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

reply to post by MamaJ

Exactly.

I'm one of those who say that...

Religion does not offer someone all the answers. It is a seed...nothing more and nothing less. A seed that is planted must be loved and cared for.....nurtured in a way that involves growth of said seed. One cannot get all the answers he/she seeks by reading one book.

If one person read every single book having to do with religion/spirituality they would still not have all the answers. Only when one person takes ALL knowledge does one become close....and even then the individual is relying on each book, each piece of knowledge to be fact and nothing less. This will never be because it is not meant to be.

We are to be seekers for life, imo.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I've never liked religion due to the fact you never know who wrote it and if the truth is actually in there.. Though, if you really believe that you've found a way to the real creator, then please, someone/anyone tell us about it. Show us what we do not know but don't force it down our necks, give us links, details, websites, telling me and everyone else your experiences about it won't make us believe it without providing the necessary links to scriptures or whatever they call it and telling us to fear god? as people have said god is meant to be about love? .. Isn't it the devil that people fear?

I've got a list and if anyone can take the time to actually get me some of this information from a good reliable sources and websites, I will give you and what you have to post the time it is needed and study it and learn for myself.

Maybe if someone does that, no one will jump at them and instantly go "GODS NOT REAL", "GODS A FAKE", and so on and so fourth, they could read it, understand it and give a nice comment in return for spending your time actually helping instead of fear mongering.

The list.

1. Information about the creator and his teachings

2. In what way/shape or form does the creator communicate to you as a person?

3. What is the difference between the mainstream god(s) and the creator you have found? (Are they the same but you have found different teachings? or do you have some insider secrets to decephiering the bible/tora whatever it is you have studied?)

4. An easy to understand/detailed view of the creator himself and how to notice what is truth and what is not?

It may not be a simple list but even if you can send me to a website that will show me writings of said creator, and I can actually read it without being told who to worship and religions being forced down my neck I'll be a happier bunny and no doubt everyone else is because no one is forcing us to believe in something.

To me dying is interesting, because no matter if its my day tomorrow, three months, eight years, twenty years, i'll embrace it and see what awaits me, if its going to heaven and sitting with the big man chugging a few pints or if its being buried in a box and left there for the rest of eternity, maybe even its as some people suggest, you may start life on another planet as another species, i'll be able to rest easy anyway it goes.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
give me proof that is not based upon opinion and conjecture and i will believe you.

real proof, tangible evidence. and no, you can't use the bible even if you say, 'they've proved that the places and people in the bible actually existed'. thats like me saying evolution is true because the people and things they observed in books about evolution actually existed.

i got a crisp $2 dollar bill for the person who can give me just ONE shred of evidence.

saying because life is too complicated to have risen on its own is not proof, its an opinion and using occams razor saying a god did it is just as crazy as saying it was random evolution. REAL EVIDENCE.

oh, oh, also, arguments against evolution or trying to disprove it, while exciting to read, still don't offer any evidence towards the existence of god. at least we're trying to figure things out with logic and tangible evidence.

p.s.s. wit and semantics don't prove your point either they just show that you are trying to weave around the point and bring up other, irrelevant points or flaws in what i say and don't give any real answers about the proof of god.
edit on 11/22/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lambs to lions

Our souls are immortal and a precious gift given to us by God.

........and you know this how? A couple thousand years of like minded people believing it doesn't make it the truth however much they insist it is. Where is proof other than the belief of those who actually believe it. I would like to be immortal and hope that it could be but hearing from people who wish me damnation in hell for not believing in what they believe kind of turns me off the whole religion thing...

Religion is the great weapon of the Devil, who twists it to divide and conquer humanity.

....could be, never looked at it that way before. Interesting that God created everything including the devil and his evilness.... Makes me wonder then, if God had not created evil, would man have not known of it ever and then would the world have been that "much better place" that everyone refers to when someone dies.... God created evil because that's what he wanted. God created man who is violent and war like because that's what he wanted.

Had God wanted a truly loving, caring, peaceful being inhabiting first the garden of Eden and then the entire world, he would not have created the area in man that desires violence, war, perversion, and all the other things that supposedly we were 'designed' to crave. It would have been easier than a snap of his fingers and the world would never experience wars, drought, pestilence, depravity, blah, blah, blah.....

So, yes God is watching and either is happy with what he created or wishes he had never uttered those famous words "let US make Man in OUR image". Which leads to another baffling discussion; who were them that God Was referring to ?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Windows

Everyone must find their own truth for themselves and seek out God for themselves. However, I can tell you that I began to question my established beliefs after reading some of the apocrypha. That is specifically, religious writings that were not cannonized. The church questions their authenticity, I think there may be another reason for their exclusion. Many of these writings portray Jesus as a spiritual leader who did not favor the idea of organized religion. Check out the Gnostic Gospels, although many of these so called gnostic writings aren't really gnostic at all. The Gnostic Gospels are made up of over 50 writings or accounts of early spiritual leaders such as Jesus. I've read the Book of Judas, Book of Thomas, Book of Enoch, and many others...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Quite a bold statement in the thread title. So glad I now know the truth

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

God has created much life, and with this life he gives free will. We are not God's first creation. Some of his other creations exercising free will, have held much influence over us. Many of us have been corrupted, many of us are lost. Our existence on earth has been like entering a battle having just been born and all the other older more knowledgeable players easily dominate you and manipulate you. However, we are growing up as a species, and have important choices to make. Some of us are using our maturity to learn, to seek answers, to find our place. Others choose to ignore what is really important, in favor of drifting through life seeking to achieve as much pleasure as possible during their quick stay in this world. I worry that this choice is a very poor one.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tachalka

Awesome. Thanks for your contribution!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

Do you believe you have a soul? Some intangible force that encompasses who you are? Or do you believe you are mearly a meat puppet, just a big sack of walking meat whose purpose is to consume, digest, and ultimately die and rot? I can't give you any evidence. You knew that before you spoke of it. I can't prove that you have a soul either...its not measurable. I'm guessing you on some level believe that you do have a soul. That you are more than a creature walking the earth. Seek and you shall find, sometimes evidence comes in the form of understanding. You'll never have a photograph of God to prove your belief. But I promise if you find him you will have all the proof you need.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Windows

Everyone must find their own truth for themselves and seek out God for themselves. However, I can tell you that I began to question my established beliefs after reading some of the apocrypha. That is specifically, religious writings that were not cannonized. The church questions their authenticity, I think there may be another reason for their exclusion. Many of these writings portray Jesus as a spiritual leader who did not favor the idea of organized religion. Check out the Gnostic Gospels, although many of these so called gnostic writings aren't really gnostic at all. The Gnostic Gospels are made up of over 50 writings or accounts of early spiritual leaders such as Jesus. I've read the Book of Judas, Book of Thomas, Book of Enoch, and many others...

You need to read "The Pagan Christ" by Tom Harpur. See Tom Harpur's Web Site

From the web site.

This is Harpur's most radical and groundbreaking work to date, in which he digs deep into the origins of Christianity and how the early Christian church covered up all attempts to reveal the Bible as myth.

What began as a universal belief system has become a ritualistic institution headed by ultraconservative literalists. As he reconsiders a lifetime of worship and study, Harpur reveals a cosmic faith built on these truths that the modern church has renounced. His message is clear: our blind faith in literalism is killing Christianity. Only with a return to an inclusive religion where Christ lives within each of us will we gain a true understanding of who we are and who we are intended to become.

....and a bit about the man, again from his web site....

Tom has been a journalist at the Toronto Star covering ethics, spirituality and religion for the past 30 years. He was the Religion Editor for The Toronto Star for twelve years and since 1984 has contributed regular columns to The Star on ethical and religious topics. He:

Won several scholarships at University of Toronto including the Jarvis Scholarship in Greek and Latin; The Maurice Hutton Scholarship in Classics; The Sir William Mulock Scholarship in Classics; and the Gold Medal in Classics.

Attended Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship 1951-1954.

Studied theology and tutored in Greek at Wycliffe College, University of Toronto, 1954-56. Won prizes in homiletics and Greek.

Won full colours in rugger at U of T and an ice hockey Blue at Oxford.

Began career as an Anglican priest at St. Margaret's-in-the-Pines, West Hill, Ontario (1957-1964).

Professor of New Testament at University of Toronto (Toronto School of Theology) from 1964 to 1971.

Fellow of the Religious Public Relations Council (USA).

Awarded The Silver Medal for Outstanding Journalism by the State of Israel in 1976.

Listed in U.S. Who's Who in Religion, Canadian Who's Who, and the most recent edition of Men of Achievement, (Cambridge, England).

Has appeared on major television and radio networks. Was host of the following shows, all based on his books by the same names:
a 10-part series on Vision TV, City TV and The Learning Channel called "Life After Death"
a weekly hour-long interview programme, "Harpur's Heaven and Hell"
a 12-part series on Vision TV: "The Uncommon Touch"

Author of the following books (ten of which were Canadian "best-sellers"):
Water Into Wine (Thomas Allen Publishers)
Living Waters (Thomas Allen Publishers)
The Spirituality of Wine (Northstone Publishing)
The Pagan Christ (Thomas Allen Publishers)
Harpur's Heaven and Hell (Oxford)
For Christ's Sake (Oxford)
Always on Sunday (Oxford)
Communicating the Good News Today (Lancelot)
Life After Death (M&S)
God Help Us (M&S)
The Uncommon Touch (M&S)
The God Question (Lancelot)
The Divine Lover (Lancelot)
Harpur vs. Hancock (Lancelot)
Would You Believe (M&S) (published in the U.S. as The Thinking Person's Guide to God, Prima Press)
Prayer - The Hidden Fire (Northstone Publishing)
Prayer Journal (Northstone Publishing)
Finding the Still Point - A Spiritual Response to Stress (Northstone Publishing)
and two children's books:
The Mouse that Couldn't Squeak (Oxford)
The Terrible Finn MacCoul (Oxford)
Currently Tom and his wife Susan live in rural Ontario, where they enjoy hiking with their dog, cross-country skiing and swimming in season.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eNaR

Thanks for the info. I'll defintely check it out. I appreciate the time you spent posting this!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

You have some good points and one the money with the soul, but god is not a man or thing. It is the infinitive devine consiounsess of everything there is a higher order you are correct but not a guy judging etc. There are infinite universes, dimensions and astral and plasma planes overseeing one and the next. There is the pysicality realm which are like the matrix.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

So....no proof whatsoever to back up your claims, except for some carefully chosen words which serve to emphasize your beliefs and an emotional appeal to get us to believe. I'm not convinced, sorry, I'll stick with evidence backed science.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You have no proof of a god and nothing was responding to you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I think the reason that we as Humans have had such a hard time dealing with the whole god thing is because;

We Humans are probably the only species of animal on this planet that was actually "made" by someone else.
I believe we were created or modified and updated from local biped mammals.
This deeply hidden, subconscious, in-planted memory, coupled with the "word of mouth" stories that eventually became religious texts to various world religions is a large part of why Mankind is troubled by the idea of god.

I believe the only real "God" in the universe is the constant "light" that penetrates the void of "darkness", that scientists are now claiming is actually a dark mass unto itself.

All living things and all elements of the universe are made up of photons and are in essence light, reproduced in duplicate, like a hologram, therefore becoming "solid" not only to sight but also in physicality, due to the compression of the actual "particles" of light.

All things in the universe are comprised of bundles of photon clusters that amassed make up elements that can be listed and examined. Sometimes these elements exist in a non "living" rock formation, sometimes these elements make up seaweed or an oak tree, sometimes humans and goldfish.

But, I firmly believe that somewhere out there, advanced humanoid creatures created Earth's modern man through genetics. These scientists where the "angels" and "demons" and "gods' that visited our early species.

Why? I don't know, why not.

However, today in 2011, we have the technology to find a planet with solids, liquids and gasses, launch a rocket to crash on the planet and release algae and plant life, send some scientists to set up some animal life, and then come back again and set up some humanoids, genetically tweaked to fit the planet just right. We would train the very young mothers and fathers (who have been raised to this point in complete isolation) to eat the fruit and the vegetables and survive somehow in the wild.
We could come back in a few generations and offer more guidance. WE would be the God.

And that's what i think we are dealing with now, some kind of age old psychological suppression that has plagued modern man sense they could remember. And here we are today, still oppressed by world agenda education (not the real facts) and world religions, each one believing they are the right ones.

Wake up! We are God!

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The very fact that threads on the God question and related topics are a daily occurrence (and many in each day!)on ATS and many other sites is in itself indicative of the fact that there is no evidence whatsoever to support the so called theory that a God or divine being exists or ever existed, is evidence enough that there isnt or never has been a God!!!!

The very fact that believers are compelled to post their threads attempting to either convince the wiser and more rationally common sensed ATS members or to seek answers to thier own subcon doubts, crutch needing insecurities and justification for their own blind faith convictions!!, is further evidence that there isnt or never has been a God!!!!

Steven Hawkins has stated that there isnt and cannot be a God and he has explained quite sensibly why!! Listen and read = be enlightened with the real anti-crutch truth!!

So to state "There is a God" is in itself and indication that there isnt really because its stated by a believer who wouldnt have posted the thread if they didnt have deep and subcon doubts of their own! And the same goes for other believers who keep on posting such threads which only compound doubt and disbelief!!

Time to stop posting God threads!! Mods can you not ban them!!! Its been done to death thousands of times and the answers always the same. No proof, Only God mob cannot be wrong!! Really........!!!

My advice to the blind faithful is simple. Free your selfs from the mind and spirit shackling crutch that clearly plagues your existence! Be free and not afraid to embrace the truth and REALITY!

Get a life on the planet!!!
edit on 22-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: syntax

edit on 22-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
If a God created everything, why did he make so many galaxies? Let's assume there is a God, do you really think he is watching over every little thing he created? Do you know how vast this universe is? When you compare this universe to human beings in size, we are smaller than the smallest thing known to man. I just can't fathom a God being omnipresent in this universe.

Unless your eyes and awareness are the lenses for his own way of experiencing his own creation, then it's a different story, eh?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join