It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Thanks for your reply. I love my crutch. That is a very good analogy. He is always there to lean on when things are tough and when things are good. Of yes....God is good.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good for you!!

I hope that when you meet your hour of need that he doesnt dissappoint you!!!!!

Because he surely will!!! He being non-existent!!!!

Good things to all good people!

A world without stupid religion will be a better world!!! One day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 22-11-2011 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

I say this because there have been a few very clear moments in my life that gave me undeniable proof that something or someone was listening and responding to me.
reply to post by lambs to lions

Keywords here are "proof" and "to me".

Because WE are all CREATED (proof) different and unique to one another NONE of us will have the "same God/same Belief".

Your experience is not my experience, therefore your image of God is not the same for me nor is it the same for anyone else. We are all here on Earth experiencing one thing after another just trying to survive and the beliefs had by an individual are had by .....
...Experience. (Proof)

This is what we do daily ...all day long....all night long is EXPERIENCE. So ....realistically each experience had is a separate reality from the next individual and so on. Meaning each choice that is made has a different outcome. The individual is in control of his or her destiny, however each road leads to a different place. Where do you want to end up on your journey is what I ask myself.

In my opinion....a balance between Science with belief of a Creator can be truly rewarding with THIS Experience of life on Earth. One can have one without the other.. but true balance is found and had when you combine the two. It can be a real "eye" opener for the seeker.

All the other little micro arguments do not hold water. There IS a creator and there IS scientific proof but the one who has not experienced God per say can easily find him if they seek him (search for proof like a good scientist would). Otherwise a non seeker will never find.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite
Good for you!!

I hope that when you meet your hour of need that he doesnt dissappoint you!!!!!

Because he surely will!!! He being non-existent!!!!

Good things to all good people!

A world without stupid religion will be a better world!!! One day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're so sure that He's non-exisent then why do you refer to Him as a "He"?

So... what do you believe in then?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

In my opinion....a balance between Science with belief of a Creator can be truly rewarding with THIS Experience of life on Earth. One can have one without the other.. but true balance is found and had when you combine the two. It can be a real "eye" opener for the seeker.

Yay mama

Science tells me how. Religion tells me why.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Your point is not a point!!!

Someone says god (the father) assume a he is what folk are talking about. So refer as a he, exist or not.

I dont wish to offend you!! But if I can help you find your true self and help you avoid leading or wasting your life (and all life is short) on ridiculous no proof religious bunkum so that you can get the best from your self and your life then Im doing good. I know people who have lived a life religiously and they either died young or a dead and in some cases tragically.

Open your eyes and mind to a crutch free life and accept that life can be difficult and death is final and believe me your will enjoy your life better before it is over!! I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And im still here!!!! And only been helpful and kind in my life. Yes a little boyish at times but, solid and genuine! oh and I still youthful at my age!

Best of luck, but dont put all your eggs in the god basket! Just a wee bit of wisdom and advice for you.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverSleepingEyes
reply to post by lambs to lions

how do you know? how do you know for sure that what ever it is that makes you think there's a god isn't simply produced by your brain?

you mention "proof"... so bring it on.

Because the brain doesnt want to die!!!

I'm sorry, I disagree with the above claim. if that claim would be correct, why can we observe the typical "closing down" process in the brains of dying people?

(as far as the claim is part of the argument that the need for a god for lots of people is related to the difficulties we suffer accepting the fact we're gonna die, I do agree in part as there's a lot more to it. I second your opinion that one can be a good, moral person and yet don't buy into the religious BS - my interpretation)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverSleepingEyes

Mee things your eyes a bit too sleepy mate and thats a reflection of a sleepy mind!

Have a good day

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Ding Ding God is calling nice. Brain's train's and automobile's. I think the bible is a guide to keep man on the good path. Without it the world would be in chaos. I also think we all have our own path's to here. I have gone to church's and they want me to do this and do that but if we all went to church life would be very boring. I think by living my life walking in my footsteps I get to help other people every day and that's enough for me. As far as me God and Jesus we are daily or close to it and God and Jesus help me all the time. I thank them to but don't ask to win the lotto ask for world peace ask for your mom's health to improve people I'm saying be real with God and Jesus. Also I try not to ask for anything for myself just my kids the world so on.There should not be anymore black or white issues but there are and its sad but I think we are slowly getting past that too. I think bad people are bad people(young and foolish) but people make mistakes as long as they learn from that mistake then fine but if they don't and keep it up then they will pay and pay dearly. peace out...

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Your point is not a point!!!

Someone says god (the father) assume a he is what folk are talking about. So refer as a he, exist or not.

I dont wish to offend you!! But if I can help you find your true self and help you avoid leading or wasting your life (and all life is short) on ridiculous no proof religious bunkum so that you can get the best from your self and your life then Im doing good. I know people who have lived a life religiously and they either died young or a dead and in some cases tragically.

Open your eyes and mind to a crutch free life and accept that life can be difficult and death is final and believe me your will enjoy your life better before it is over!! I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And im still here!!!! And only been helpful and kind in my life. Yes a little boyish at times but, solid and genuine! oh and I still youthful at my age!

Best of luck, but dont put all your eggs in the god basket! Just a wee bit of wisdom and advice for you.

I wasn't making a point. I was asking a question.

..... and how dare you assume to know me and decide that I need help finding my true self. If I did need help, I certainly would not seek it from you. Not one thing you said makes sense.... and you never answered my question. You want to help people and yet you spew on about having no proof and how we shouldn't have religion and how we shouldn't believe in God yet you offer no alternatives, no solutions. How can you call what you are saying wisdom? Do you know what that word means?

Is there anyone in your life that you love more than yourself?
If so... I would like you to prove it to me....
edit on 22-11-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Mee things your eyes a bit too sleepy mate and thats a reflection of a sleepy mind!

Have a good day

"Mee things" the conversation with you is closed

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool7734
(...) I think the bible is a guide to keep man on the good path.

wow, what version of the bible would be able to do that? As history proves so well, the bible used by christians didn't exactly keep man on the good path, unless you call mass murder, cultural perversion, systematic lying and oppression of women part of the good path.

(by which i don't mean disrespect: we're all entitled, aren't we)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
[mo

I'm just saying the bible has helped keep man in check over the year's. Its only my opinion that's all.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Your response is typical and niave. Thus reflects the truth!

As does yours.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by joecool7734
[mo

I'm just saying the bible has helped keep man in check over the year's. Its only my opinion that's all.

was it the bible or the brain's tendency to induce "moral" behavior?
As is clear by now, I go for the second option. Personally I don't think the bible (especially the gospels) are worth reading (I've studied them in pretty close detail, as I belief one should have a good understanding of the enemy. Did the same with lots of "holy books" for the same kinda reason)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Your response is typical and niave. Thus reflects the truth!

As does yours.

Your god be with you.
You will remember me when your god abandons you as is the norm! Because non-existence.
You free for dinner?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

edit on 22-11-2011 by bismarket because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bismarket

Thanks for the advice

Actually, I don't think I ever stated that I thought of anyone was a divine saviour. As far as I'm concerned, I'm responsible for saving myself. I'm responsible for the well being of my own mental health and spirituality.

And let me ask you something... what gets you through the day? what gets you through problems? What helps you to sleep at night? Who do you focus your anger on when you need to vent it? What's your motivation for getting up in the morning and continuing to live your life? Steven Hawkins? I really hope not....

I'll get a life as you as you grow up and learn the manners you're mother never taught ya

Well said, If both sides would at least be civil to each other, i think we could all find out more of each POV. As soon as either side feels it has to start with the insults, it's pretty much lost that argument. I forget who said it but the old quote - " I disagree with everything you say but, will defend to the death your right to say it". Most people [Christians included] i feel would broadly support. The Fundamentalist Muslims however can't agree because their "Old book" wont let them. Christianity has come a long way since the middle ages.Personally i wish it had come further & the recent trend of Literalism (Noahs Ark/Garden of Eden/Creation) has done your religion NO favours. Until quite recently most mainstream christians had no problem with Evolution (Catholics etc') & most people, in europe in Europe at least consider it a proven FACT. When science has more of the answers figured out, where will that leave the Fundies?reply to post by bismarket

edit on 22-11-2011 by bismarket because: Can't work out how to include Quote in Reply?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Sorry, I made a mistake with my Quote/Post, as i said it's my first day!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join