It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians now view Americans with pity instead of amazement

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Maybe now Canadians have figured out that the Americans are being screwed by both parties and unless there's some major changes coming from the people nothing will be fixed?

Thing is, I'm a Canadian... and Canadians should figure out that THE SAME THING APPLIES TO OURSELVES. But eh, it's all good (for now) we have ``free`` health care, welfare, pensions, low unemployment, sound banks... but guess what fellow Canadians, once the US goes belly up for good, we are going down with them.

Canadians’ attitude toward U.S. shifts from envy to sympathy, poll shows

When Canadians look at their American neighbours, they no longer gaze with envy at a powerful greenback, a low unemployment rate or deep pools of capital sloshing around an entrepreneurial paradise.

Canadians now look south with something closer to pity.

A poll conducted for The Globe and Mail by Nanos Research on attitudes toward the United States reveals that Canadians see an economy in tatters, a paralyzed political system and a volatile American Dream trumped by a stable Canadian version.

Canadians have reached a conclusion that would have been shocking at any other time in the past 50 years: Canada is not just a better place to live, it’s a better place to make money.

Canadians feel sympathy/pity for Americans because we like you. You are a great people. You still have it in you to crush the scum running your country (for now) and go back to your true self of human rights and being the beacon of freedom in the world.

So we support you all the way, pro-constitution Americans. Some of us will even come and help you any way we can once the revolution starts.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Honestly, imho, im tired of caring what other countries think of us. I still hope that something will happen, people will wake up, or someone will do something and repair this problem. Until then people from other countries can kiss my royal irish a**. I see a lot of people with ideas on how to fix other peoples country when there's is just as bad .. its always easier said than done.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
You think the international bankers don't control your banks as well?
You guys were 100x easier to take over than America ever was. We still put up a fight. You guys just bent over and took it like Canadians.
It's funny. Canadians act like they are the best country on Earth, yet you will never have an empire like Rome, Britain, and now America. They are the biggest supporter of the North American Union, giving up the rest of the sovereignty you haven't already.
Canadians live in a bigger dreamworld than Americans live in.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wait a minute! Canadians used to look to us Americans with amazement?

But yeah, these are sad times indeed for the good old USofA

Canada, the USA needs a hug

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Only we have not been screwed out of the the houses we live in.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Earlier this year we were signed into the beginning of the "Security and Prosperity Perimeter" with canada, and as can be expected, they were lying about it/trying to cover the whole thing up from the start...

www.whitehouse.gov...

February 04, 2011

Today, President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Stephen Harper have directed the creation of a United States-Canada Regulatory Cooperation Council (RCC), composed of senior regulatory, trade, and foreign affairs officials from both governments. In recognition of our $1 trillion annual trade and investment relationship, the RCC has a two-year mandate to work together to promote economic growth, job creation, and benefits to our consumers and businesses through increased regulatory transparency and coordination.

Obama style transparency and coordination? you bet...
www.thestar.com... a-kept-u-s-border-

Canada kept U.S. border talks under wraps- document

OTTAWA—The federal government deliberately kept negotiations on a border deal with Washington secret while it planned ways to massage public opinion in favour of the pact, according to a confidential communications strategy.

The 14-page public relations document recommended that talks keep a “low public profile" in the months leading up to the announcement by Prime Minister Stephen Harper and U.S. President Barack Obama. At the same time, the government would secretly engage “stakeholders" — interested parties such as big business groups and others — in a way that respected “the confidentiality of the announcement."

In advance, the government departments involved — including industry, foreign affairs, international trade and citizenship and immigration — were to “align supportive stakeholders to speak positively about the announcement," according to the strategy prepared by Public Safety Minister Vic Toews’ officials.

Surely we wouldn't let them get away with such conniving, sneaky tactics, right?

On Friday, Harper and Obama signed off on a plan that for the first time envisions throwing up a single security ring around the perimeter of Canada and the U.S. The wide-ranging blueprint calls for increased cooperation between the two countries’ police, border and intelligence agencies; an integrated Canada-U.S. exit-entry system using high-tech identification techniques and more sharing of information about Canadians with U.S. authorities.

oh.

Notice how closely some of the guidelines resemble the stuff that's already on the uptick in america...

nhppa.org...

On June 9, 2010, Bill C-36 was introduced for first reading in the House of Commons. A copy of the Bill can be found here.

Bill C-36 is almost identical to Bill C-52 which had been introduced into the 39th Parliament on April 8, 2008, and to Bill C-6 which had been introduced into the 40th Parliament on January 29, 2009.

Summary of Points Discussed In This Paper

* The rule of law is the fundamental underpinning of a free society. Sacrificing the rule of law always leads to tyranny and loss of freedom.
* The Bill represents an unprecedented change in the powers of the state vis-a-vis the citizen. The rule of law and private property rights are all but extinguished in the area of consumer products.
* Although not applicable to natural health products, the Bill still poses a threat. The Bill gives Health Canada inspectors the very powers that concerned citizens in Bill C-51.
* Bill C-36 is being promoted as necessary to protect our families. However, under the existing law the State can already:
o ban or restrict any consumer product under threat of million dollar fines and two year jail sentences under the Hazardous Products Act;
o make immediate orders banning or restricting any consumer product if there is a significant risk to health or safety. In addition to fines and imprisonment for non-compliance, the State can apply to the Court for an injunction which brings police enforcement of the order;
o obtain a search warrant and seize non-compliant products, and
o prosecute for criminal negligence or homicide under the Criminal Code. In some cases this can result in penalties of life imprisonment.
* The real change brought about by Bill C-36 is not that it protects consumers, as the cur-rent law already grants the State significant powers to protect safety. Rather the real change is the abolition of procedural safeguards citizens currently enjoy.
* Bill C-36 abolishes the law of trespass thus allowing the State access onto private property without any legal recourse.
* Bill C-36 for the first time in Canadian history allows warrants to be issued to search private homes without evidence of criminal wrong doing.
* Bill C-36 allows the State to seize property without a Court order, without reporting the seizure to a Court, and for an indefinite period.
* Bill C-36 allows the State to assume control over the movement of private property without a Court order and without a safety concern.
* The search and seizure powers in Bill C-36 are probably unconstitutional for violating the right found in section 8 of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms to be free from unreasonable search and seizure.
* Persons can be fined and have property forfeited to the State for administrative violations. Persons so charged have no right to have a Court determine their guilt or innocence. Guilt is determined by the Minister. There is no defense of due diligence or of honest but mistaken belief. There does not have to be a safety risk to be charged with an administrative offense. The Minister who determines your guilt or innocence can keep seized property if he/she finds you guilty.
* Directors, officers and managers are personally liable for violations by their company. Despite the possibility of multi-million dollar fines and long prison sentences, there is no right to cross-examine key witnesses.
* Directors, officers and managers can be saddled with debt years after they have left the company.
* Orders for recall or which take control of private property are exempted from the procedural safeguards of (1) review and (2) publication found in the Statutory Instruments Act.
* All businesses manufacturing, selling or distributing consumer products are saddled with additional red tape and expense regardless of whether or not there is a safety concern.
* Retailers and distributors of consumer products become liable for product labeling and instructions.
* There may be a significant conflict of interest. Health Canada may benefit financially from fines and the seizure of private property.
* Some consumer products such as sporting goods may have to be removed from the market for violating the safety provisions of the Bill.
* The Provinces are allowing the Federal Government to regulate in the Provincial area of property and civil rights. This represents a significant transfer of power from the Provinces to the Federal Government.
* The federal cabinet can incorporate documents from foreign governments or organizations as law by referring to them in regulations. This will remove Parliamentary scrutiny on issues that could fundamentally change the ground rules for the consumer product industry.
* Trade agreements and foreign laws can be adopted without Parliamentary scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wait a minute! Canadians used to look to us Americans with amazement?

But yeah, these are sad times indeed for the good old USofA

Canada, the USA needs a hug

We give you one!
And we support you all the way! Go the American people! For liberty! For the constitution!

Take back your country! We support you! Maybe then you'll help us out do the same?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

You think the international bankers don't control your banks as well?
You guys were 100x easier to take over than America ever was. We still put up a fight. You guys just bent over and took it like Canadians.
It's funny. Canadians act like they are the best country on Earth, yet you will never have an empire like Rome, Britain, and now America. They are the biggest supporter of the North American Union, giving up the rest of the sovereignty you haven't already.

And this is why America will be continued to be ruined. God damn dolts dancing around with shotguns chanting "U-S-A! U-S-A!"

No man is so enslaved as the one who thinks he is free.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Only we have not been screwed out of the the houses we live in.

Not yet, not yet. It is coming. Bet on it.

And yeah they are trying to merge us together under something very unconstitutional, the SPP... nobody in the US, in Canada or Mexico wants it... they are still pushing it.

We will all unite against those globalists scumbags....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't know who 'fixed' those polls but every Canadian I know has looked at America with empathy/pity for a long time, I'm 39 and I've never seen any Canadian 'envy' Americans but that being said I agree completely that as a Canadian our fate is interlinked with our closest ally, if they fall, we fall and that makes me pity the good people of both our countries.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Honestly, imho, im tired of caring what other countries think of us. I still hope that something will happen, people will wake up, or someone will do something and repair this problem. Until then people from other countries can kiss my royal irish a**. I see a lot of people with ideas on how to fix other peoples country when there's is just as bad .. its always easier said than done.

I think that's a little rude. The OP was stating that he SUPPORTS Americans and still thinks we have it in us to fix our problems.

OP, I appreciate your support. We are not all rude. Luckily, however, we do have the freedom to be as rude as we want.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
this doesnt suprise me the US is not that great of country to live in trust im here right now, but its better than most im figuring....but how can Canadians pity us whats so great about Canada??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
canada is really not much different from us...

Canada-U.S. Deep Integration Agenda Continues Unabated

Since the Beyond the Border declaration was announced, the Canadian government has taken some heat for the bilateral talks being held in secret. In an attempt to try and curb some of the criticism, they launched a new website where the public can share their ideas on the planned security perimeter. The submission guidelines explain, “From now through to April 21, 2011, you can participate in our online consultation and provide your thoughts...

...Much like the infamous Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America, this latest undertaking with the U.S. lacks transparency and thus far, Parliament and Congress have also been excluded from the whole process.

...The new security perimeter deal has yet to be defined, at least publicly. In a recent Action Alert, the Council of Canadians acknowledged, “no one can know for sure what ‘perimeter security’ means until the details, which are being developed behind closed doors, are announced in June. And we are being asked to suggest only improvements (not criticisms) of a plan we haven't seen. Furthermore, the government is clearly prioritizing the input of business groups, though all Canadian residents will be impacted by deeper security ties with the United States.”

Tories kill access to information database

The federal Conservatives have quietly killed an access to information registry used by journalists, experts and the public that users say helped hold the government accountable...

..."Now that it appears as though this is no longer going to be available it is very disappointing indeed and people are really wondering what the real motivation is."...

..."It's another example of the Harper government's talk about accountability and transparency — they talk the talk but they don't walk the walk"...

US to put military radar on Canada border: Senators

Mar 9, 2011

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The US government will place military-grade radar along the border with Canada to thwart low-flying aircraft used to smuggle illegal drugs onto US soil, senators who sought the deployment said Wednesday.

at least watch the second half, it shows the drones already in use along the border...

U.S. Senator, Joseph LIEberman states to media that the terrorist threat is actually far greater at the Northern border then it is at its Southern border. I'm not sure where Lieberman gets his information from, but last time we checked, Canadians were not slaughtering Americans, killing border officials or taking over American land. Last time we checked, the so called 9/11 terrorists were trained and fostered in America not in Canada. As a matter of fact, with a war mongering southern neighbour setting off shirt storms all over the globe, perhaps it should be Canada that is paranoid!

edit on 5-9-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Guess what... Canadians don't want an 'empire' like England and Rome. Both of them failed and the the promise of an American Global Empire doesn't look to rosy right now either. Didn't work for Napolean, Hitler, Alexander the Great and another dozen aspiring world conquerers.

So why would Canadians want that?

As a Canadian, I feel bad about how things are going south of the border. The foreclosures, the unemployment, the failure of Washington to rise above petty partisanship and get to work are a huge burden for a country so far in debt.

Thing is, Canada is not much better off in those departments as is the rest of the 'western democracies' in Europe.

But visions of world domination? Oh, geez... that idea just won't fly in Ottawa.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fink420

not hatin on canadians either i just know nothin of the country except hockey and Niagara Falls hah

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
no offense but since when did anyone look at americans with amazement...? -.-

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

I did... as a kid growing up in Ontario.

Looking to the south across the border in the 50's and 60's, I thought America was the greatest thing since girls were invented.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I appreciate your sympathy, but please...we don't need it or want it.

We aren't anywhere we have not been before... if we are the great nation we claim to be...and I hope we are... we will pull ourselves out of this mess.

I believe it was in 1933 or 34 that half of all the homes in Louisiana were forclosed on...that's 50%...in one day.

Sometimes folks get to "high minded" or get "too big for their britches"...and need to be taken down a peg or two.

That's where we are ... but to come out of it, we need good decisive leadership...and there are few solid leaders to be seen at this point.

Frankly, i think it will be a while yet before we see true leadership and it will most likely come out of tragedy or a real crisis.... I'm thinking war with china, or absolute collapse of the dollar and hyperinflation, or major big ass war in the Middle East, or a huge natural disaster...on the scale of the New Madrid Fault line earthquake.

Again...looking at history...we should be here in some form a hundred years from now...just hope it's not as some extreme fascists republic or a dictatorship.... worst case would be as a Balkanized Regional Confederacy of states.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fink420
this doesnt suprise me the US is not that great of country to live in trust im here right now, but its better than most im figuring....but how can Canadians pity us whats so great about Canada??

There is a million things really, but I would say at the top of the list it's the beer.

Definitely the Beer.

Try bring less than 5% beer to Canada... You want to see what revolutions look like...

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Canadians act like they are the best country on Earth

Wait, how do we act? I wasn't aware we acted like that at all. In fact, it's been my experience that it's typically Americans claiming they live in the best country on Earth. You know: "Leader of the free world," "God bless America"...that blind nationalism that leads to multiple unsolicited military operations and a politico-economic system based on suspicion and fear of anyone even a little different than you.

A powerful empire does not make a great nation. Cooperative people, a stable economy, an effective government, and not having to fear each new day and each car that drives by is what makes a great nation.

You'll notice, the mighty United States of America has none of the traits of a great nation. Even Canada isn't perfect. But there's something to be said about not having to live in fear.
Although, there is one thing I fear, constantly: the nation to my south. And that comes from someone who isn't feeling her wrath... try asking someone with troops beating down their door, or bombs blasting through their walls. Then you tell me who has the better country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join