It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Christians need to change the way they communicate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Some Christians need to change the way they communicate

I wanted to, first of all, show my appreciation for your effort not to stereotype all Christians. It is good to see that there are people who can approach a subject like this and address the problem based on the behavior of individuals.

I would also like to add that, there is a theory that is growing in the general Christian community by recognizing unexplained aerial phenomena as a real issue through connecting it to their prophetic biblical texts. This pretty much renders ET into something akin to either angels and/or demons.

Curiously enough, for those who do believe in God (most any creation god will suit), they should note that since the Earth and the universe was created, it can be assumed that the deity existed prior to said creation and is therefore very much extraterrestrial.

So, the mixing of aliens with angels and demons is not all that much of a twist. What the ancients referred to as angels might well have been ET - or equally - that which we conceive as ET could be angels.

It works both ways and fits comfortably

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
"UFO behaviour is more akin to magic than to physics as we know it... the modern UFOnauts and the demons of past days are probably identical."

Silly statement. They have technology we don't understand so it is "magic" or "demonic". Really? Wow, I don't even know how to respond to that.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josonic

Originally posted by petrus4

My main point, though, is that I can honestly hardly remember the last communication that I've had with a Christian, that didn't consist almost entirely of appeals to guilt and fear

Understand this; if you claim to represent Yahweh, or His son, then He will judge you for how many of you, in my lifetime, have treated me

Ironic much, you claim that when talking to Christians all they do is use guilt and fear to get their points across yet that is exactly what you do.

Of course, I think it's completely reasonable to for Christians to do that cause that's what the Bible teaches. It's all 'Obey me or be tortured for eternity'. The Bible is all about fear.

No thats the Old Testament. The New Testament was Christ's covenant with his future followers and was about love and salvation. Jesus fulfilled the OT and began a new ministry. Jesus was the bible made flesh, the Word of God. Anyone that says Christ was about doom and gloom and hellfire and damnation clearly never read the NT.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Josonic

Originally posted by petrus4

My main point, though, is that I can honestly hardly remember the last communication that I've had with a Christian, that didn't consist almost entirely of appeals to guilt and fear

Understand this; if you claim to represent Yahweh, or His son, then He will judge you for how many of you, in my lifetime, have treated me

Ironic much, you claim that when talking to Christians all they do is use guilt and fear to get their points across yet that is exactly what you do.

Of course, I think it's completely reasonable to for Christians to do that cause that's what the Bible teaches. It's all 'Obey me or be tortured for eternity'. The Bible is all about fear.

No thats the Old Testament. The New Testament was Christ's covenant with his future followers and was about love and salvation. Jesus fulfilled the OT and began a new ministry. Jesus was the bible made flesh, the Word of God. Anyone that says Christ was about doom and gloom and hellfire and damnation clearly never read the NT.

So Jesus and the NT doesn't say that you will go to hell for eternity if you don't invite him into your heart??

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by Xaberz
I agree with you on pretty much all of what you're saying, petrus4. Guilt and fear is so strong among Christians, but I suppose that shouldn't be surprising when their God is so jealous, vengeful, and wrathful in the Old Testement.

I prefer the testament where one should be kind to one another. Treat your neighbor how you would like to be treated. That sort of thing. And I think it's important to point out to Christians that the scriptures teach us not to judge other people, although it seems like many Christians spend most of their time judging others for their sins. Here is the verse:

"Brothers and sisters, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against a brother or sister or judges them speaks against the law and judges it. When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgment on it. There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy. But you—who are you to judge your neighbor?" [James 4:11-12]
edit on 26-8-2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

And how does your scripture relate to my comment which is the basis for the OPs thread? Nobody judged or interpreted God's law- I certainly didn't slander anybody nor judge God's laws. I merely pointed out my belief in the other thread that parents are unknowingly exposing their children to potential harm - to evil.

However, there is one very important scripture that does apply. If we don't warn someone in error to turn from evil, we are partly responsible. "Ezekiel 33:8 When I say unto the wicked, O wicked man, thou shalt surely die; if thou dost not speak to warn the wicked from his way, that wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand."

It's okay that you have your opinion, but my opinion follows closely with the OP who says that we should follow Christ's more positive message as opposed to concentrating on fear.

The passage you give is a very interesting one. It makes sense to stop someone who is doing something wicked. But too often "Christians" judge others for doing something which they construe as wicked, even though there are instances where what they are doing is actually helpful. Not giving money to a homeless man might be considered to be wicked. Christ would probably say we should give everything extra we have to the poor. But if the government has already given him money, and free food stamps, then by giving him money, I am also endorsing his bad habit of not living within his means.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I totally agree that Christians need to tone it down while presenting their views, but so do most people. Christianity is the largest religion on Earth, we are not all going to be nice to you, unfortunately. As far as UFO's being Satanic, there's a point to be made for that, but I think in the event of contact they deserve the benefit of the doubt, lest we shun an innocent race of God's creation. More Christians nowadays are aware of the bits of the Bible or more obscure books like 1Enoch that hint at extraterrestrial visits, and here's the thing: they are always bad. So, when you get someone like Nancy at zetatalk speaking against Christianity (anti-Christ) and watering down Yahshuah Moshiyach to make him simply an ascended being (a la Alice Bailey, H.P. Blavatsky, etc) followed by an exhortation to place all your hope in the Zetas who will deliver us (in place of Christ/Anti Christ) from the calamity in 2003 err 2012 (sorry if you killed your dog for no reason), what are Christians supposed to think? I know Nancy is a bad example and no one takes her seriously anymore, but it's the same thing with bibliotecapleiades or Icke. Christ is outright ridiculed by bbtech or diminished to an ascended master by Icke. They have iffy sources, use the same systematic rhetoric as Pike, Bailey, and Blavatsky, Icke describes a number of experiences of his that sound like a classic demonic attack, and both BBtech and Icke share a reverence for the Pleiadians as the "good aliens". Nearly all Pleiadian myths carry strong similarities to stories of the Grigori and the Nephilim, and the constellation of Pleiades is referenced as a place of punishment for the Grigori in the book of Enoch (perhaps the literal location of Tartarus is in space), I did a thread about this actually: www.abovetopsecret.com... .

So, as you can see, there are some very strong reasons for being wary of extraterrestrials especially if they want to "uplift" us. That being said, Christians must remember to be Christians to all people, even if they are four foot tall grey people or *gasp* Reptilians, unless they show themselves to be malign.
edit on 4-9-2011 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by GmoS719

That is correct. Jesus, if he did actually grace this earth, was/is and ascended master. As in many before and after him. Buddha, Krishna...etc. Graced with the ability to go beyond the veil of existence and access information all others cannot.

If anything, Jesus wanted us to BE like him, not follow him and certainly not SAVE us! He was placed on a cross because we are idiots full of fear and contempt.

In other words, its not the messenger, its the message

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That might be why Christians don't take you seriously. So much misinformation my common sense hurts.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
reply to post by GmoS719

That is correct. Jesus, if he did actually grace this earth, was/is and ascended master. As in many before and after him. Buddha, Krishna...etc. Graced with the ability to go beyond the veil of existence and access information all others cannot.

If anything, Jesus wanted us to BE like him, not follow him and certainly not SAVE us! He was placed on a cross because we are idiots full of fear and contempt.

You have no idea what you are talking about. You have no concept of the idea of the atonement and have probably never really read the Bible. Not only did he take on the divine title "I AM" in every single Gospel, he specifically says that he had to be sacrificed for the sin of man. Theosophists have to diminish and disregard the salvific nature of Yahshuah Ha-Moshiyach in order to make him fit into their pantheon of equally ascended ascended masters. Salvation is what separates Yahshuah from everyone else. Buddha did not die for our sins nor save anyone, neither did Krishna. They died and did not return. Yahshuah is the prototokos of the grave and our only way to escape it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join