It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moderate Quakes Striking Odd Places in USA...Coincidence Or Not? Let's Find Out.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
This picture gives me chills

Odd no?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07f3a857cfd5.jpg[/atsimg]

It's like the two areas are talking to each other

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Just to clarify, there actually IS a known fault in the region of the Virginia quake...this is just the largest one in recorded history. (doesn't mean it hasn't happened before)

In Colorado...again, there was a small swarm in the same general area some years ago, but this is the largest one in over 40 yrs and while a fault is suspected...I do not believe it is confirmed.

The area in Colorado is surrounded by extinct volcanic/magmatic activity. I find this most interesting!!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Yikes....puts it in perspective. I think this explains why we are talking about it so much.

I mean sure, much worse has most likely happened all over the states in the distant past, but for our recent recorded history its kinda a big deal. Hopefully some things can be learned by it.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Hi just wanted to throw this out there, but today earthquake on the east coast and Colorado could be a result of chemical fracking which is being done in Colorado and Virginia among other states. Who knows what this procedure is doing to the earth. I find it interesting that both of these states had earthquakes on the same latitude and that they are located on either side of the New Madrid fault. Speaking of the New Madrid fault,if you Google New Madrid fault and FEMA some very interesting articles and videos on FEMA earthquake preparedness exercises in regards to the fault pop up. It seems that they have been doing a lot of these exercises within this year. The question is why? Is there something we don't know that they do. I know from time to people have posted on various posts on this site that FEMA has been building some types of camps, etc. Maybe it has nothing to do with anything, but if there is a major quake on the New Madrid fault the death and destruction could be catastrophic. This is just something that makes me go hmmmm. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by berkeleygal
This picture gives me chills

Odd no?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07f3a857cfd5.jpg[/atsimg]

It's like the two areas are talking to each other

yes, its telling me SO CAL is next

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Arkany1

Well when you consider that the last time the New Madrid went off it had enough force to reroute the mighty Mississippi River, don't you think it is a good idea to prepare?

It's been over 200 years now, and they are afraid it has been building up stress. Some other scientists disagree though and say the fault may be "dead or dying". As in, becoming more inactive and fading away. Who knows. Better err on the side of caution, so I applaud any efforts to prepare on their behalf.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperTripps

I'm thinking either Oklahoma or near Mammoth Lakes in California.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I believe with all my heart that the msm have been told to down play this. It may be just mother earth, just doing her thing. However, I believe the PTHB want to keep things down played.They are afraid of people getting too excited. This is what is causing this "Black out of information" if you will. .

I just wanna say Thank You ATS and all of the great minds here.

ITo all who are paying attention. Always remember, Be Prepared. Whether its an earthquake or a bad storm in your area. We all need to be prepared. Take the time to make a emergency plan with your family. If you can, keep extra provisions in you home. No one here is saying this is the end of the world. Were just going through a bumpy time.

Stay safe.
Be Prepared!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Largest Earthquake in Ohio: 1937 March 09, Magnitude 5.4.

We felt the quake here on the river in Ohio. I spoke to a few local people, and most of them said the same. Others for one reason or another were asleep at the time.

I added the date above to show some here that an earthquake has occurred here in Ohio before.

My conspiracy side is telling me that the underground rail work may have helped cause it. With all those noises being reported, they must be doing some serious work down there for us to hear it up above.
edit on 8/24/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Quakes can happen anytme, anywhere. afterall, were all floatinf on techtonic plates*right? i selpt through the quake yesterday, somehow was so asleep didnt notice it. i live in southwest CT. i di talk to a few people at grocery store bottle redemption room, who said the walls rattled a bit. roomate was at his fathers shop, said some trucks slightl swayed.
when i was a kid, 1983, i was 7. around this time of year, 3 am or so, thier was a distant rumbling nooise i could hear fromt he oen window. sounded like it was coming from the west. all the sudden, the walls in my room ever so slighly rattled, as did the house for 3-5 seconds. and that was it. it was earthquake! it turns out, online research US geological survery, thiers a small fault just past downtown form me right on the boarder of stamford and greenwich CT. its about 4 miles down. it was something on the order of 3 on the rector scale. so this would have been my 2nd tiny quake ever.
My fathers mother, moved to sacremento CA 1989. that year thier was a quake, 7.8 she stood inbetween the door frame, as she had learned was a wise thing to do. thiers a picture i once saw, from online years ago, in CA LA or sacremento...2 gas stations. the gas station on left, had moved something like 40 feet down the street! thats a huge fualt move!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by teresaboato1

I strongly agree. See my post with additional rated info on the other thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Talking about New Madrid, we were looking around the USGS website and found this:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Well actually what we did not find was Data for the earthquake monitor near New Madrid. It is the only red triangle in the continental US map. Go figure. This is the big one we should be paying very close attention to as CO and VA were possibly only precursors, and there has been no data for over 24 hours. What happened to the monitor? Did it suddenly just break? Unlikely.

I just keep thinking back to Japan and how they thought the 7+ was the big one, and then they were hit with catastrophe.
edit on 24-8-2011 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
We just had a 2.3 in the Bay area. Small, 2.3, but I noticed it.
I hope it's not a pre quake.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So not to be grasping at straws, but I think I just have to point this out:

Magnitude 3.6
Date-Time Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 06:36:54 UTC
Tuesday, August 23, 2011 at 11:36:54 PM at epicenter

Location 37.748°N, 122.137°W
Depth 9.1 km (5.7 miles)
Region SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CALIFORNIA
Distances 4 km (3 miles) NNE (19°) from San Leandro, CA
7 km (4 miles) NW (314°) from Castro Valley, CA
8 km (5 miles) N (358°) from San Lorenzo, CA
10 km (6 miles) ESE (123°) from Oakland, CA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.2 km (0.1 miles); depth +/- 0.5 km (0.3 miles)
Parameters Nph= 86, Dmin=5 km, Rmss=0.14 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=3
Source California Integrated Seismic Net:
USGS Caltech CGS UCB UCSD UNR

Event ID nc71625060

source

The latitude is the same as the Colorado and Virginia quakes....however, this is a VERY well known active fault area so I really don't think there is a relation between them.

ETA: another small one (2.0 to 2.5 range) in colorado
edit on 24-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by indigo_fleshlight

we had two

I felt the first one

posted at quake watch

I have four Furbys in a box, it shook one of them awake, so funny!

2.3 2011/08/24 06:41:53 37.753 -122.141 8.4 5 km ( 3 mi) NNE of San Leandro, CA
3.6 2011/08/24 06:36:54 37.748 -122.137 9.1 4 km ( 3 mi) NNE of San Leandro, CA

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by crappiekat

I believe with all my heart that the msm have been told to down play this. It may be just mother earth, just doing her thing. However, I believe the PTHB want to keep things down played.They are afraid of people getting too excited. This is what is causing this "Black out of information" if you will. .

I just wanna say Thank You ATS and all of the great minds here.

ITo all who are paying attention. Always remember, Be Prepared. Whether its an earthquake or a bad storm in your area. We all need to be prepared. Take the time to make a emergency plan with your family. If you can, keep extra provisions in you home. No one here is saying this is the end of the world. Were just going through a bumpy time.

Stay safe.
Be Prepared!

I AGREE! I was in shock today when I heard the FOX newscaster, "Shepard" basically brushing it under the table! I was like WTF? Libya was more important to the viewership than a highly unusual earthquake in DC of all places? and JUST NOW, at 11:40 PM local PSDT we had an EQ of about 4.0. reports are still coming in but it gave me a good start as I was JUST speaking to a friend in NYC about the quake on the east coast.

yeah, i believe something is definitely amiss here.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Lets put this into the mix:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Strange things are afoot at the Circle K."
-Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Quakes are always occuring. It's just that most are either in sparsely populated areas or of such a minor scale that their not reported.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
GUESS THE RING OF FIRE IS NOT A HORSE SHOE SHAPE ANYMORE.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by EdSurly

I believe a bit longer than that but yeah I thought it was Dolese. They're always blasting those hills for gravel. Every once in a while they'll hit the fault and I feel it in the house. I'm only about a mile away from the quarry. Fun stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join