It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bizarre USGS Omission of Phase Data and Historic Seimicity on DC 5.8 Quake Suspicious

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Not sure about the hampton roads area as a foreign target.
The Shenandoah and Appalachian Mountain ranges along the Virginia, West Virginia border is an area well known to be littered with secret underground (DUMB) government facilities in the event the DC area takes a hit. Nearly every government organization has a backup/remote site near there. And those sites almost certainly have seismographs and many other sensors. And they are as close to the epicenter if not closer than the DC area. And what better way to take out an underground facility than an earthquake. Maybe target Nuclear Power Station to hamper ingress/egress from those facilities. Then use the hurricane to take out DC???
Certainly the government wants to keep the location of these DUMBs secret.

And the Colorado quake is not far at all the the NORAD/NORTHCOM Cheyenne Mountain complex near Colorado Springs, another well known DUMB.

Just thoughts if a foreign country is targeting the U.S.

edit on 8/24/2011 by fah0436 because: typo

edit on 8/24/2011 by fah0436 because: Added Colorado info,

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I found this about the DC quake

(Sorry, I am new here and I'm not quite sure how to insert a picture.)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sorry, posting without looking...

But what might this phase data be able to tell someone? Im just thinking that there is a lot of underground stuff near D.C. (Mt. Weather for example and who knows what else). Would having all the seismic data somehow allow someone with the right skill set to learn something about Uncle Sams underground shenanigan's?

Just a thought.

You know, the Colorado quake makes me think the same thing. Denver Int'l Airport (New World Bunker), Cheyenne mountain...

edit on 24-8-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I had to reply to your comment before finishing reading this thread...you mentioned feeling the quake 200 miles away from the epic center....well I live in VA - 220 miles away from the quake, I felt it...however, I have family up in MA, which they were 530 miles away, and they felt it. I heard it was felt up into Toronto, Canada, which is another 548 miles from my parents in MA...meaning from the quake in VA to Toronto, Canada was approx 1078 miles away. I have never heard of that before. So this quake was felt well over 200 miles away. Just wondered how many times anyone has heard/seen that before?
Also wanted to make sure those who are assessing the quake realize how far away it was actually felt.

I appreciate everyone here who puts time/effort into all your evaluations. I watch the quakes every day. I have never been involved or near one...how being involved with one in your own state, or region, can change how you view them. Especially when it doesn't seem to fit the norm - as in being felt so far away, north, south, and west of the actual quake location. .

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
On easy propagation / mag increase relationship you mentioned

max was 7.5 on an Utah station based on old ID phase data, P17A/SLC code BRPU. BB station.

Using catalog, it reaches

neic.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/station_code/station_code.cgi?code_station=P17A >

www.quake.utah.edu/STATION_MAP/ABCDE/brpu.htm

P17A eP 17:56:34.64 0.8 25.6 284 b:1.4+4 1.2 7.5 P17A

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Could it be that the USGS threw everything over to CERI bcs of their focus on the New Madrid fault? Seems like a good research piece for CERI to spearhead, especially exploring possible relationships between the quakes in VA and CO along with the New Madrid potential. If we can speculate on this, they certainly must be and the concern is obvious. But who knows? Just some thoughts on my part. At any rate, hope someone contacts both to see what they have to say about a few things in this thread. Maybe this is nothing more than inter-agency confusion, which is typical of these attempts to cooperate, especially if the USGS is way more messed up than normal, which it seems to be.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
The graphic in the first page if is authentic,is very unusual,i worked for the sismology center in mexico city and this due to a non volcanic area is like the ground took a hard punch and went on the go,very strange indeed.....

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kubacs

I think they are definately having some problems with their network/servers- with quakes disappearing then coming back. But glad this squeaky wheel got the grease so to speak, cause I wanted to see that phase data and historical seismicity map!

After seeing the phase data, with so many stations showing such high magnitudes of around 6.5 +/-, I am still scratching my head at why it ended up as a 5.8.

But there may be other considerations. Like earthquake insurance rates. Could be they didn't want to end up with that high a magnitude number (like 6.5) cause of that, partially. Dunno...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thos maps weren't there for me for the CO quake until about 930ish last night my time. I checked throughout the day at work and when I got home yesterday afternoon. I'm not sure why they weren't there for me but just saying what I saw( or didn't see I guess) and that I found it strange that for both quakes yesterday, that info wasn't there.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Is there any other sources for data ouside the US?

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by ldyserenity

Hurricane coming up the coast?

It's supposedly way far away from us, Bay News 9 says it's going to HIT VIRGINIA!!!!

Here is a pic of where it is at:
hurricane Irene
edit on 23-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

They say all kinds of things. You cant truly predict those things, hurricanes that is. They change course a lot. Just this morning they said it was gonna hit NC...never heard VA mentioned.

Having lived through 20+ hurricane seasons, they never stay on their path. They always change. It's usually not accurate til it's right there and even then I have seen it change or stall.

I am in Florida and Im not to worried about this one. If it hits it will be lots of rain and wind or I can just go to the west coast where i have family if I have to leave. I kind of want to sit and enjoy it. I love a good hurricane.

I remember 2004, THAT was a ridiculous year for hurricanes and tropical storms...it was like an every other week occurance lol Just as you got the yard cleared bam another hit and added more debris.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I've just noticed that the Global Incident Report map for Quakes is not showing as far back as 36 hours now. Suspicious?

Also this theory makes even more sense now given there are commercial nuclear reactors in VA and Test reactors in CO, and if all this Uranium is causing issues, they will all be venting and all will probably be manipulated by TPTB to cause more EQ's and chaos.

They say the venting is because the EQ caused issues. I say the issues were there causing the EQ's. We are starting to get correlation here now with the Fukushima EQ.

The NWO's depopulation plan is now in full force.
edit on 24-8-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

What you need TA is this site which is a database of over 2000 nuclear explosions MANY of which have 1 or more waveform you can look at.

It seems to have a few 'issues' for some selections but you can get the whole 22 pages and scroll through them.

ETA: By the way I think 6.9 mb is the largest recorded.

edit on 24/8/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
any information about haarp-like activities? maybe russia is playing a bit ?¡¿! lybia makes them mad and norway was just a warning...
edit on 24-8-2011 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JennaDarling

For this one, basically no. Much EMSC data for this sort of thing is sourced from USGS as well so no different.

You could try the list of providers from EMSC

Potsdam have it as 5.7 Mw

ETA: Here is a very interesting listing from the Swiss seismological service.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

I'm new here but I live about 20miles away from the epicenter in the VA earthquake yesterday I was watching the news confrence the USGS was haveing with various experts, they were speaking about the co earthquake swarm and then the VA quake. The confrence was going on and then another expert came up to speak and they just stoped the confrence. Why? Did anybody else catch this? It just gave me this sick feeling, like there is something more going on.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here is an interesting post.

It leads to this article:

Was The August 23rd Earthquake Man-made?

So was it fracking? Something else? And are they trying to hide that fact?

edit on 24-8-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
As of right now, USGS has totally removed the VA quakes completely

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Maybe the data is being hidden because...

Interesting thought I had, the depth of the Earthquake is about the same depth or less of a D.U.M.B. (Deep Underground Military Base) Is it possible that drilling these around the DC area set off a shallow Quake?

Thought I would post it and not sure if anyone else has touched on this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join