It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FBI raided my house with a search warrant today, 13 year old son arrested"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

lol seems messed up to screw up the kids life? His parents are responsible and they will be the ones answering for this.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
As for the whole argument weather a thirteen year old can hack..

Between the ages of thirteen to seventeen I was affiliated with some groups like dead protocol society, total kaos/global hell, ashtray lumberjacks, and a whole host of other computer security minded individuals. I learned a lot and while I will always be learning more, I can honestly say most of the knowledge I gained was back then in my early teens (I am twenty seven now). Even while young, I had more then enough knowledge to poke my way around some pretty high profile networks. Needless to say, I was much more adept then doing simple denial of service attacks, and while young and proud I would always display all my achievements on attrition.org. Age doesnt matter. If somebody has the drive to learn, they can and will.

So anyway. Basically what this kid did was clicked a button on his computer in order to be cool. He downloaded a program, and clicked a button. He did no "hacking", and most likely had no idea what the program actually did, other then the fact that a bunch of his buddies were using it. Most likely the used LOIC (low orbit ion cannon) and if you were to download it and take a look at its interface, you would agree it is far from the "hacking" these news papers are making it out to be. All the program does really is connect to a website a bunch of times really fast. So this kid, downloaded this program, clicked a button, and now was arrested for it.

Actually, its even possible these people could be utilizing bot nets in order to facilitate these DDOS attacks. In that case, this kid had NO idea what was going on within his computer. If he was to somehow be infected with the necessary program, his computer would become free to use by the owner of the botnet. Tens of thousands of people across the country's computers are infected by these (maybe more) and have no idea their networks are being used for attacks like this. It could happen to ANY one of you. If you've ever had a virus, you potentially could of been a victim.

Its not all so cut and dry sometimes. I personally think this kid is too young, give him a slap on the wrist if he knew what he was doing, and go after people who actually matter. Things like this are just a waste of our resources.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I think it could be true.
People are clueless as to what "anon" really is.
The majority of them are teens, or people who have grown up within this little interwebz side culture who have simply aged within it.

As with other instances of "anon" being caught, the majority of them are teens or just turned of age.

No matter what group of Anon we are talking about they are never what they portray themselves to be and they only portray what they want YOU to think they are.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If the kid was actively involved then he should be punished for it, if it was a bot and he wasn't aware of then he should be innocent. Quite frankly i think it's a troll.

drew1749
I mean in this case it's a kid. Also anonymous isn't hurting you. Anonymous didn't make virus programs. Or well I mean I guess they could but anyone can make a virus.

Oh really
so when somebody hacks your banks database and gets you're account information that would not concern you ????????????????? Better flush out your headgear

Every time someone cyber attacks a company it costs us all money....the company has to add additional cyber security and who do you think pays for this ??? not the company but the end users.

If Annon is so patriotic go after the federal government

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenewguy1987
If this incident is real, and if the kid was in some way involved in the cyber attack on paypal, whether in the planning stages, actually doing it, or simply lending his IP address, he aided in a crime. Sorry but aiding in a crime is a crime.

I don't see how this makes you sick.

The cops traditionally do go after the smaller people to get to the ones who are higher up because the smaller ones will almost always squeal.

I'm starting to get tired of all these cyber attacks and people thinking Anonymous is some white knight. They are the rotten apple that is spoiling the bunch.

They did all this based on a IP address. A IP address is not enough proof. Any one can use a random ip address and make it look as if its their own.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
news.cnet.com...

So CNET, covered 16 people getting arrested for the PayPal attack. Allegedly the 13 yr old was arrested in Illinois, yet all the arrest were reported in Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, and Ohio. And, the age ranges were 20 to 42. Hmmm.... fake...

edit on 21-7-2011 by WireFoXX because: info add

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Fair enough.

Anonymous has been known to get revenge for its members. They "do not forgive" so to speak.

You know the motto. I don't want to keep arguing this. If anything I misspoke. Just know one thing I do not have a hope for anonymous to get revenge. I feel it is likely.

I also feel it likely that my government is not trying to keep it's people safe. Does that mean I hope my government is not keeping it's people safe?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Do the crime, do the time. Unless I guess if you're 13 the law just shouldn't apply to you?

Stupid hag should have taught her snot son the difference between right and wrong. 13 is plenty old enough for that.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Here is what I think. Since there was a case number given, I figured this could be verified or proven a hoax. The District Court that is mentioned is linked below. Now, their numbering system of case files on the site are like this...

##-cv-####. The cv means civil, and the cr means criminal. With that said, there are other cases that seem to have an extra number, or a fewer number. These seem to be criminal cases, sometimes being civil cases involving a government entity or county. So I cannot figure out the exact system that is used, since I do not have the time to piece it together, but I am sure there is some type of pattern.

I also can't figure out how to search for a case number, and the only way to view any cases is to click on the link that says something like "view recent cases."

The number given by the person in the post is simply listed as 114328. I thought this could be correct, since the more recent cases, which can be viewed on the linked site, are roughly around that number. I would also think this case would be considered criminal rather than civil. Now, I think this number may lend credence to the story.

If this were a civil case, it would be impossible, because the case number given would not match up with the date range of other cases. With all of the criminal cases I was able to find on the site, the numbering system included one less number than was given in the OP, and to me this would suggest that it could not be a criminal case either.

I could be wrong, because I haven't looked at that many examples yet, and someone should do this to see if this is indeed possible.

The last thing I will say is this: If this is fake, the perpetrator MUST have looked at the case numbers on the website, OR if it is real, the incident must have happened much earlier than in the last few days. Again, this evidence is not based on the entire data set available, and only on partial data and my inferences from that data.

LINK TO SITE

edit on 7/21/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
With all the supposed arrests going on by the FBI, and all the talk from different Governments about how they want to get Anon, maybe Anon should just change its name to Pokemon. You know - Gotta catch em all!!!!

And as for some kid getting arrested because of a DDoS attack, well good luck even getting a conviction.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Do the crime, do the time. Unless I guess if you're 13 the law just shouldn't apply to you?

Stupid hag should have taught her snot son the difference between right and wrong. 13 is plenty old enough for that.

Your post is quite hypocritical in a way. In a different thread you posted..

"As for their website being taken down, I say meh. Do you really think anybody ever went to it? They should have found a network that's actually vital to the MPAA's operations and DDoS'd that out of commission. "

And now you want the jailing of a 13-year old who possibly did the exact thing you previously supported?

As for the crime, he didnt "hack" anything. He had clicked a button on a program that he downloaded. I could see plenty of young teens downloading software and curiously playing around with it not knowing fully what it does. Even worse, his computer could of been infected as part of a botnet and he may not even have had knowledge his network was being used for these attacks. At the rate thirteen year olds download software I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenewguy1987
reply to post by drew1749

Anon is hurting us! They are spoiling it for the rest of us.

I'm fine with revolution, I'm fine with people trying to change the system for the better. But do it for everyone do it for the masses, not for your own little reasons.

That's the problem with revolutions, they are only out for themselves.

And Mr. Anon up there? Is that a threat?

etc etc

'm fine with people trying to change the system for the better. But do it for everyone do it for the masses, not for your own little reasons.

Seems to me they are doing it for the masses. Every video is addressed to separate parts of the world

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wheather or not your son is guilty, hackers use programs that mimic IP addresses, they can make it look like the malicious practices were being done by a user on your sons computer. That being said it is a good defence in court, your son could just really be a victim.

The program that may have been used will leave its finger print on your sons computer. If he is indeed inocent then the feds will find this out. If he is indeed guilty then he is not as good as he thinks he is with a computer, its kinda funny the federal officer who hacked into your computer to see its history is probably no more that 20 years old himself.

Its the young ones that have to be monitored they eat, sleep and breath in a digital world.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
What should he do!?!? Take his computer out in the backyard and beat the hell out of it with a sledgehammer thats what you do...do parents not know how to discipline their kids anymore? Take away what they desire its as simple as that

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Also just to show you how absurd it is...

www.youtube.com...

Go to that youtube page and watch the video. If you agree with tossing people in jail for doing that then you have serious problems.

If the kid did some actual hacking, stole files, deleted files, etc.. then I might see things a bit differently. But, as you can see in the video, he used a program because he wanted to be cool and feel like part of a group. Kids these days spend more time on-line then we ever did as children and they forge friendships online just as much if not more then in their every day life. This was a kid wanting to be accepted by his peers and by downloading a program and clicking a button, he was able to become part of their group.

Think of this.. If you were to go to your web browser and open google.com up in a few hundred browers you would have done the exact same thing this kid did. Sure LOIC does it a bit faster and easier, but on the network level all you are doing is connecting to the website a bunch of times. No hacking, no stealing, just a bunch of UDP packets to port 80. Annoying? sure. Worth going to jail over? I highly think not.
edit on 7/21/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
this is what i dont get about the whole LOIC program.

why didnt they just release a trojan for people to download onto their machines essentially making their computers part of a botnet. If the feds came round they would have plausible deniability and could claim their machine was infected. The user doesnt have to press "fire" the trojans would be initiated remotely from an IRC channel.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Hmm just like the Gov to waste that much effort for one kid....when they obviously don't have the bigger picture.

Anon? Who am I to tell them not to do something? It's none of my business. If they exsist to make the Gov clamp down....who am I to stop it? If they exsist for legitamacy and want the world to know whats really what...again who am I but a guy who doesn't really care? In the end the Gov will do what they want regardless, as Anon will do what they want to regardless.

So whats the point?

Things are set in motion that we all have little to no control over....just ride it out and see where the bus stops.

on a personal level tho, I would have to say screw both the Gov and Anon, burn it all down and lets start over. Thats my motto.....then again....I am a bit of a anarchist. Im not good with computers, and I dont pretend to be. I have nothing to hide from anyone.

I'm just here to watch the show and cheer for the side of chaos....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thenewguy1987

Im old fashion as i will not mind at all if the internet was taken down . Im certainly not going to pay to view a net that is the same as comercial TV .

i will go back to watching free TV . Internet is time wasting or life wasting . actually because of that very reason , i cant imagine that they will take down the internet .

Darn !!! cuzz cuzz

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
The reason they would go after a 13 old kid is because they (CIA) need patsies to continue their illusion of an online terrorst group. They want to sieze the internet from us so we can no longer practice free speech online (as per Jay Rockefeller) so just as the farmers in afganistan were taken away and called terrorsists and torchered and imprisoned........so shall it be with teens and Anonymous. There is no Anonymous.....only CIA doing a job for Jay Rockfeller.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadline527

Originally posted by mattifikation

Your post is quite hypocritical in a way. In a different thread you posted..

"As for their website being taken down, I say meh. Do you really think anybody ever went to it? They should have found a network that's actually vital to the MPAA's operations and DDoS'd that out of commission. "

And now you want the jailing of a 13-year old who possibly did the exact thing you previously supported?

As for the crime, he didnt "hack" anything. He had clicked a button on a program that he downloaded. I could see plenty of young teens downloading software and curiously playing around with it not knowing fully what it does. Even worse, his computer could of been infected as part of a botnet and he may not even have had knowledge his network was being used for these attacks. At the rate thirteen year olds download software I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.
I tend to support eugenics when it comes to people with the mentality like the poster you responded to .

Not everything is a bad idea you know .

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join