It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FBI raided my house with a search warrant today, 13 year old son arrested"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
So I'm not sure how true this is, after all this is the internet and being a liar is rather easy. That said though, this story is still a rather interesting one.

At around 11:00 this morning, I had 4 cars and a van filled with FBI agents pull up to my house, and then invade. I have learned enough from Reddit to ask for a copy of the search warrant, which took them at least half an hour to provide, and it was a "copy" (bad signature, no seals, etc.). They ushered me and my four kids to the couch, and then proceeded to search my house, with guns drawn, and collect all our electonic devices and equipment.

When I finally got to sit down and talk to them, they said that packets were sent from our isp address during the ddos attack on paypal. They said my son was responsible (he was 13 at the time). They sat down with both of us and asked about our involvement with AnonOps. I think they were surprised (really?) that I knew about Anonymous. [gizmodo.com...]

Why would they spend all this time, energy, and funds to get a kid who was trying to be cool and follow Anon without knowing any of the consequences? What do I do to protect him? What can I expect? They seized two desk top computers.

Thanks for any feedback or guidance or information.

*EDIT Can't "lawyer up", don't have the funds. I guess my biggest question is this: Why would they spend all the time and resources on a child? If they want to get Anon, how about spending the funds they spent today on researching who to really go after? Seems like a waste of my tax payer dollars.

Edit 2 There are a lot of people calling bull#. It is "United States District Court Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division. Case number: 114328. I am trying to take pictures with my phone to upload, but I am not certain that it will be clear enough, and I have a new computer (bought today, and it is not hooked up to the printer/scanner).

Edit 3 Proof - imgur.com...&7irAA&WSw4S&v7LLO&L8kfy Sorry for the bad quality, taken with my Flip camera.

Edit 4 Removed some information on the advice of other redditors.

Personal Comments On this story that I sent to all my friends:

If this is real then my government makes me sick. Hey guize kids are now cyber terrorists herpy derpy derp. #GovernmentCantDoAnythingGood

What do you guys think about this? I mean in my head It just never seems right to mess up a kids life. No matter the crime. lol well if it's real we can be sure anonymous will get revenge.
Source
edit on 7/20/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/20/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If this incident is real, and if the kid was in some way involved in the cyber attack on paypal, whether in the planning stages, actually doing it, or simply lending his IP address, he aided in a crime. Sorry but aiding in a crime is a crime.

I don't see how this makes you sick.

The cops traditionally do go after the smaller people to get to the ones who are higher up because the smaller ones will almost always squeal.

I'm starting to get tired of all these cyber attacks and people thinking Anonymous is some white knight. They are the rotten apple that is spoiling the bunch.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

The source is a reddit post but it really doesn't sound that far fetched to me. If the poster is telling the truth the whole thing sounds like a waste of resources.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
FINALLY! Catch them all! ...then go after those who create worms, malware and virus programs...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I don't know. im gonna call BS on this one. i mean a copy of a search warrant? i've never been served a search warrant, but i'd think they would show the victim (?), accused (?), the original copy.

also, they ask them what they know about AnonOps, then act surprised when guys shows he knows about Anon?

and then the classic i have proof but can't show you excuses (no camera, no printer, oh its really bad quality, etc).

just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Exactly why it makes me sick. There is never a point in going to arrest kids. Or at least I don't see it. Perhaps I'm too blinded on that level.

reply to post by thenewguy1987

Too be honest what he probably did was put his computer on the voluntary botnet. Or at least that's what I'd assume. No thirteen year old knows how to actually hack.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iNkGeEk

I kind of agree that it's likely fake. At least I hope it is.

It just seems like something ATS would care about. If this story is true the media will be all over it soon. Right?

Or how does that work?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Dont worry ATSers, some of you are getting a nice surprise

An Anonymous shaped lollipop

What a shame to see you're perfectly conditioned , you cant even think by yourself

"herp derp Anonymous are terrorists, the government have to protect me"

it gonna be so funny once you wake up
edit on 20-7-2011 by Conciliatore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by joyride0187
FINALLY! Catch them all! ...then go after those who create worms, malware and virus programs...

Really? Catch them all?

I mean in this case it's a kid. Also anonymous isn't hurting you. Anonymous didn't make virus programs. Or well I mean I guess they could but anyone can make a virus.

link   

Originally posted by joyride0187

Sorry, but the government will never take down Norton, McAfee, Facebook or the millions of websites out there that do this.
edit on 7/20/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Conciliatore

Care to elaborate?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I tend to lean towards the idea that some 13 year olds know how to hack. Even more than you or I could possible imagine. You have to start somewhere.

And the reason to go after these kids is to get on the inside. Ever watch that show DEA on Spike? They get the younger guys who are making the drops to be confidential informants, they call them CI's. These guys go in and buy the drugs then come out and tell the cops what kind of opposition is on the inside. It's the most simple and logical way to get the higher ups. Sometimes these CI's work for the cops for years. It's their way to stay out of jail. If this kid was in any way involved then he is at fault. if this is real,this dad needs to be on the kids ass and figuring out what he actually did, not on some website asking people what to do.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Anon is hurting us! They are spoiling it for the rest of us.

I'm fine with revolution, I'm fine with people trying to change the system for the better. But do it for everyone do it for the masses, not for your own little reasons.

That's the problem with revolutions, they are only out for themselves.

And Mr. Anon up there? Is that a threat?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Ah cmon ATSers, where is your sense of humor ?

You guys dont like lollipops ?

Dont like Anonymous ?

i dont understand, i was thinking we could be perfect subjects for good conspirary crackpots,to spice a bit your lives

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Since when does the FBI punish people who actually did anything?

Remember ruby ridge and the unarmed pregnant lady they murdered because she was the wife of the property owner...

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And the reason to go after these kids is to get on the inside. Ever watch that show DEA on Spike? They get the younger guys who are making the drops to be confidential informants, they call them CI's.

No I've never seen that show. I'll have to look into it.

Anyways this kid doesn't know anything about anonymous (if this story is true. For now I'm just going to talk about it as if it is) most people don't. What I mean by that is that the kid can't help the cops Identify anyone else from Anon. It just doesn't work like that.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

What you type = 100% gibberish

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

does it sound like a threat to you ?

Why i would do something like a threat ?

Seriously ...

We dont need threat, we're civilised individuals; arnt we ?

link   

um, you probably should be a bit more descriptive about this as your statement sounds like trolling or a threat, otherwise.
i'd rather have an anonymous shaped opportunity to actually be able to put my art and writing talents to work in the form of a personal business on the net, without having to worry it's going to be hacked . perhaps you could create hacker proof anti virus software instead of messing up life for the people who are attempting to survive in this currently hostile environment.

link   

Ah cmon ATSers, where is your sense of humor ?

You guys dont like lollipops ?

Dont like Anonymous ?

i dont understand, i was thinking we could be perfect subjects for good conspirary crackpots,to spice a bit your lives

You seem to be confusing the few who think everything is a conspiracy with the others who don't.

I'm just going to justify myself or other ATSers to you but we aren't all insane.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join