It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"FBI raided my house with a search warrant today, 13 year old son arrested"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phenomium
The reason they would go after a 13 old kid is because they (CIA) need patsies to continue their illusion of an online terrorst group. They want to sieze the internet from us so we can no longer practice free speech online (as per Jay Rockefeller) so just as the farmers in afganistan were taken away and called terrorsists and torchered and imprisoned........so shall it be with teens and Anonymous. There is no Anonymous.....only CIA doing a job for Jay Rockfeller.

Oh God !1 now thats scary . The idea that they will turn upon their own young and eat them. canibles , the lot of em

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Question time if you dont mind to answer . You mention the programme that opens pages super fast heaps of times . Is that the botnet or the cannon thingy. I have been online with my little thing here and suddenly it will go into spasms after i clickk on goodness knows what . obviously something i was trying to see . Muliple pages open all at once and i have to forcefully shut the pc down to end it as its obviously an attack of some kind .

Basically what does it all mean . Would I have these programmes or botnet on my pc ? or was it just a spaz attack . Do they remain as i have not had the problem since .

what a confusing world for us not born into this and only manage to tap away uselessly

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by cripmeister

Exactly why it makes me sick. There is never a point in going to arrest kids. Or at least I don't see it. Perhaps I'm too blinded on that level.

reply to post by thenewguy1987

Too be honest what he probably did was put his computer on the voluntary botnet. Or at least that's what I'd assume. No thirteen year old knows how to actually hack.

Are you kidding me? No thirteen year old knows how to actually hack?

You really are too blinded at this level my friend.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This pointless, mad-dog government tactic (
of going after little kids for being stupid and decidedly kid-like
) is both offensive and stupid. Although I don't know for sure, I'll bet that all the members of this misfit hacker group have set up huge bot net's on unsuspecting peoples computers all over the world, either through malware or scareware trickery. Or, in other words, arresting people because their IP address was used to contribute to a DDOS attack is both stupid and counter productive. No even remotely decent hacker would do any of this stuff from his or her OWN IP address!

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Anyways this kid doesn't know anything about anonymous (if this story is true. For now I'm just going to talk about it as if it is) most people don't. What I mean by that is that the kid can't help the cops Identify anyone else from Anon. It just doesn't work like that.

How can you be so sure?
Regardless whether or not this story is true, 13 yr. old boys don't tell their parents everything.

Look, there's a difference between the actual hacker group anonymous and people on 4chan's /b/ who sometimes organize DDOS attacks on sites for various reasons. This kid probably spends time on /b/ and joined a DDOS attack, without knowing it would have serious repercussions. I am 100% sure he doesn't know anything about the anonymous hacker group, they have nothing to do with the /b/ anonymous...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
-
edit on 21-7-2011 by False_Prophet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Wait a minute, dont the government do that also?

So your saying go after those in government also who use cyber war to infiltrate others states computers, whom have secrets also?

If not then you are talking through the hole in your pants.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
To answer to somes peoples here

Companies create malwares, worms, trojans, virii , to sell you antivirus...

And no, you aint gonna get rid of us that easily...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

You can't afford to lawyer up but you went out and bought a new computer today.

Where are your priorities?

You son is facing a criminal record at least, and maybe even a prison term, and your going to hand him over to a court appointed lawyer who probably has way to many cases to care more about this one then the rest.

Also, the age of your son is irrelevant. A crime committed at any age is still a crime. At thirteen my children understand what the consequences to breaking the law are. They are also computer savvy enough to know what is legal and what isn't. I know this because I not only monitor their usage, but I speak to them and have discussed what they actually do on the computer, and what they may not do. If your son wasn't aware of the consequences then you have probably not been paying close enough attention.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Conciliatore

Anonymous aren't some white knight (as one poster put it). Instead, they are people vigilantes without the ability to see where their actions could potentially lead. If they had taken the time to actually think about what they were doing, they'd see that they are just giving the Governments, of the US and the World, more reason to regulate the internet. In other words, by refusing to ask what are the consequences of my actions they are going to lead the internet into a far more restricted world. This lack of foresight is exactly why I think these are older teenagers or 20 somethings.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by False_Prophet

Thank you for knowing the difference between these two.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So, the FBI have evidence that a serious cyber terrorist attack may have come from a computer at a given address.

They visit that address, with a search warrant, and check the computers.

They find that the computer involved is in the bedroom of and/or usually used by a 13 year old.

So what do you lot want them to do then? Just say, "sorry for your time ma'am" and walk away? Because obviously a 13 year old couldn't have been involved, no-one else could have used the computer and everyone is totally innocent .....?

I do believe that if some on ATS had their way no criminal would every be charged with anything. You really are that naive.

(whether the story is true or not, I'm don't really care. Though were I American I'd be pleased to hear an account of the FBI doing what they're paid to do

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Originally posted by joyride0187
FINALLY! Catch them all! ...then go after those who create worms, malware and virus programs...

Sorry, but the government will never take down Norton, McAfee, Facebook or the millions of websites out there that do this.
edit on 7/20/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

I havn't read all the posts, yours however, is thus far my favorite! hahaha

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by thenewguy1987
If this incident is real, and if the kid was in some way involved in the cyber attack on paypal, whether in the planning stages, actually doing it, or simply lending his IP address, he aided in a crime. Sorry but aiding in a crime is a crime.

I don't see how this makes you sick.

The cops traditionally do go after the smaller people to get to the ones who are higher up because the smaller ones will almost always squeal.

I'm starting to get tired of all these cyber attacks and people thinking Anonymous is some white knight. They are the rotten apple that is spoiling the bunch.

How easy is it to setup a someone just to scare the public? Seriously think about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
this garbage, even if the op link is fake, this is part of the reason I wanted to rig the election in 2012...

Why is the government wasting resources going after a kid?

Odds are good that it would be a webbot at most.... otherwise he would have a lot of other crap against him...

the situation needs to be fixed...

first the agent who back the warrant needs to visit gitmo as a guest .... I hear waterboarding is a popular past time of the residents...

Any official who backed this can join the agent at the hotel... from the DA to the judge

Why you asked....

Quite simply put, THIS IS NOT HOW AMERICA IS SUPPOSED TO WORK !!

Let us take the ulta-conservative stance of hang-em high... Let us assume this kid is a mastermind programmer... (of megaminds level)

Well you conservatives want to toss talent in jail... Meanwhile we are facing five -A teams with the other governments backing their programmers... Note they do not consider them hackers...

Conservation is about preserving... and to preserve the american way... Why not take a lot less money ( you know your attempt to throw a thirteen year old in jail) and put him or her to work...

Thats right, roll up his sleeves for him... Let him earn his way....With our training....Why the us government would be able to maintain her superiority for a long time.... Stew on this ... it is not a liberal slap on the wrist.... You put a kid into touch with all the good tech we have and wait... in about ten years these kids will be the next bill gates.....

As for the liberal stance.... Listen on this one I have to give it to you to a point. You have to maintain order and security to a degree... the kid may just be bright but not a hacker... as pointed out it seems he is more of a follower... (another point about the creation of martyrs.... see conservatives....symbolically) he needs more training and to be honest we cant afford either... but the training is cheaper then the punishment...

to both the quote applies

When your grown dog starts taking a dump on your shag carpeting do not get mad at him... it was your job to train him to go to the bathroom outside when he was a puppy not his...

Now as to anon part... So What... Nothing Anon has done to date rates being noticed officially....

The accusations given about a conspiracy are given weight by this... why crack down on a group that has accomplished nothing crippling to functions of the us government.... No offense to Anon... I just do not think you have accomplished anything worthy of the heat they are trying to bring to bear.... it does feel like a set up...
edit on 21-7-2011 by ripcontrol because: the web-bot did it... lmeao

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I do not beleive this can be real. During a ddos attack packets are sent from thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of coputers in the controll of whichever botnet has initiated the attack. The authorities know this. If the family used bulleting boards then it is possible that they happened to be on the same network as the botnet controller but this would not likely cause any IP adress mix ups. There would be 1 IP address to follow up for each compromised computer on the botnet. There is no way they could single this one guy out. It is unlikely he is a botnet controller at 13 - more likely they had a computer infested with viruses and a controller could have been working through it. It would therefore be of some help to have the malitious code from that computer, but this would not be the way to obtain it.

I call fake on this story. It mokes no technical sence.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I think all these searches we've been seeing are simple to explain: Some dumb kids want to be part of Anonymous, so they do stupid things in their name and get caught. I think the real people behind Anonymous are well-insulated and not that stupid. I also think we're seeing a parallel "Anonymous" movement that calls themselves by that name who are not affiliated with the real players whatsoever.

If the FBI is raiding a 13-year-old's computer, then that's as far up the food chain as they've gotten in their quest to vanquish Anonymous. They have a long way to go.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

FINALLY! Catch them all! ...then go after those who create worms, malware and virus programs...

Newsflash for you, those who create the problems are also the very same people who sell the "protection" from said problems. Suspects include: Norton, Kaspersky, Microsoft among others. Keep in mind if there isn't a threat you no longer need "protection". Think this is impossible? This business model works well for the mafia and our very own government.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Fair enough. Except I am sure.

Nobody in anonymous knows other people in anonymous. At least not in real life.

Actually let me correct that. No thirteen year old kid within anonymous would know other anons in real life. It just doesn't work like that.

Really? You don't think that a 13 year old boy would go to school and tell his friends "I read up on the group called anonymous that is against whatever and I offerred my IP and MAC address to them". Next thing you know, one of those friends that he told says "Oh yea... I saw my big brother doing some things on some weird website... might be the same thing". This is completely untraceable based solely off of hearsay... not even to mention what's on the conmputer.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
When a kid this young is getting treated as a terrorist the government has some serious explaining to do. Life was a lot simpler back at that age and to be compelled to take such action just shows how blatantly corrupt and wrong things are these days.

Oh come one... people like to say this. Not saying you by any means... but some people who make this type of statement on one side are the same people that feel that the 13 year old black gang banger that shot (killed or not) an innocent bystander in a gang shootout should be tried as an adult. I guess since this is dealing with the internet it's somehow different? A crime is a crime.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join