It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Israel probably won't attack Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Date: 08/07/2004 00:20:54 By Mahan Abedin The Daily Star

Recent media reports that Israel intends to strike at the Iranian nuclear plant in Bushehr and other facilities around the country before fuel rods are delivered from Russia sometime next year, have dramatically raised the stakes in the ongoing dispute over Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program.

Recently, London's Sunday Times quoted an Israeli defense source as claiming: "Israel will on no account permit Iranian reactors - especially the one being built in Bushehr with Russian help - to go critical." The threats were preceded by reports that neoconservatives in the United States were planning to use a Bush election victory in November to seriously press for regime change in Iran. The combination of these two developments must have alarmed even the usually cool leadership in Tehran.

While the reports on regime change are nothing new - indeed countless claims of this kind have been made over the past 2 years - the threats from Israel are more credible as this is the first time that Israeli officials have strongly hinted that they have already developed a military solution for the Iranian nuclear "problem." Again, the Sunday Times quoted an Israeli source: "If the worst comes to the worst and international efforts fail, we are very confident we'll be able to demolish the ayatollah's nuclear aspirations in one go."

The Daily Star

mod edit: Do not copy/paste entire articles. A snippet and a link will do. Always link to your sources.

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
You are forgetting the back door. all Israel has to do is pretend they made the strike while the B-2's with bunker busters and our cruise missile destroy Iran�s nuclear facilities. The US borders Iran with Iraq in the West and Afghanistan on the East so it would not be hard for our B-2's and cruise missiles to strike the nuclear facilities . So to sum it all up Israel needs to fly its jets in the desert and pretend they made the airstrike while the US keeps quiet even though our B-2's and cruise missile got the job done problem solved. Iran will be hit somewhere in the near future IMHO.

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Great post!

I tend to agree with persian, a near-term attack is out of the question.

however, the US/Israel is pretty bent on taming Iran, i think that whithin 2-3 years, they will have to use an terrorist excuse to provoke a land war with Iran

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ashlar
Great post!

I tend to agree with persian, a near-term attack is out of the question.

however, the US/Israel is pretty bent on taming Iran, i think that whithin 2-3 years, they will have to use an terrorist excuse to provoke a land war with Iran

Ashlar, I think its too late for strike against Iranian nuclear sites. I believe Iran already got nukes. There are lots of roomers in Iran that the last two earth quacks in Iran was caused by underground nuclear test.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Iran doesn't have the tech to do controlled underground nuke tests, and that is all they are rumors. If Iran was just doing underground explosions without control the radiation would have been picked up by US satellites which monitor the globe for this very reason. The region of Iran where this testing would be done would already be contaminated and we would have hear about it. A war with Iran is not out of the question, Iran doesn't have ICBM's nuke bombs and ICBM�s are very different. If they have one nuke bomb they wont use it on the invading army cuz that would destroy Iran too its counterproductive. Do you know what happens to countries that attack US troops with nukes they turn into glowing craters

[edit on 8-8-2004 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
persian,
Your assertion of rumors is unfounded and not backed by any known intelligence reference(s) or even the slightest news article. Are you quoting these supposed rumors from The Tehran Times or something of the like? Please, at your earliest convenience, feel free to provide said source for such unconfirmed "roomers", I would be greatly interested in who or what is the source of your assertion.

There are lots of roomers in Iran that the last two earth quacks in Iran was caused by underground nuclear test.

Personally, Israel probably has not hit any Iranian nuclear facilities in large part because of US preassure to NOT hit those facilities and because with such a drive to gain nuclear capabilities by Iran, a hit or hits on such Iranian nuclear facilities would probably only push Iran to move their nuclear program underground. Example of this was when Israel bombed Iraq's Osiraq nuclear reactor back in mid-1981. Saddam simply moved his 'then' nuclear program underground.....Iran would likewise.

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
israel did it you wait and see

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
persian,
Your assertion of rumors is unfounded and not backed by any known intelligence reference(s) or even the slightest news article. Are you quoting these supposed rumors from The Tehran Times or something of the like? Please, at your earliest convenience, feel free to provide said source for such unconfirmed "roomers", I would be greatly interested in who or what is the source of your assertion.

There are lots of roomers in Iran that the last two earth quacks in Iran was caused by underground nuclear test.

Personally, Israel probably has not hit any Iranian nuclear facilities in large part because of US preassure to NOT hit those facilities and because with such a drive to gain nuclear capabilities by Iran, a hit or hits on such Iranian nuclear facilities would probably only push Iran to move their nuclear program underground. Example of this was when Israel bombed Iraq's Osiraq nuclear reactor back in mid-1981. Saddam simply moved his 'then' nuclear program underground.....Iran would likewise.

seekerof

As I have mentioned before, these are rumors by Iranian people which is circulating in Iran and obviously I can�t back it up by any source.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That may well be so persian, but in the case you mention, why hasn't these so-called "roomers" been picked up and placed within an Iranian news or tabloid source? Methinks those rumors are BS, but hey, no offense to you or your source(s), but until I see something that remotely verifies what you have and are implying, not buying into those asserted
roomers"

seekerof

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigal66
israel did it you wait and see

Thank you for not reading the above posts and for reinforcing my theory. Seekeroff did you know that there are also rumors in Iraq that Zarqawi is not real, that is how accurate rumors are. No offense Persian but how educated are the local people in Iran about nuclear testes and nuclear science.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Seekerof perhaps you need to brush up on your defenition of rumor

dictionary.com

ru�mor ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rmr)
n.
1- A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2- Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
That may well be so persian, but in the case you mention, why hasn't these so-called "roomers" been picked up and placed within an Iranian news or tabloid source? Methinks those rumors are BS, but hey, no offense to you or your source(s), but until I see something that remotely verifies what you have and are implying, not buying into those asserted
roomers"

seekerof

You know, you can make fun of my spelling all you want. That just show how ignorant you are.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
persian you cant call every one who disagrees with you or who is trying to point out that you spelled rumors wrong ignorant. So if I see some one has a mistype and I tell them about it, I am ignorant?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Israel probably has the second most technologically advanced military in the world, behind the USA. They wont even back down from Russia!!!
www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1090121780879" target="_blank" class="postlink">www.jpost.com... =JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1090121780879

as far as iran goes, they're a joke!
If they think Israel will just sit back and let them build nuclear weapons in their own backyard, then they're in for a huge wake-up call!!! Israel will strike deliberately, but with excellent accuracy. Now, speaking of retaliation by the Iranians, thats pure stupidity. I would expect them to be wise and follow in Saddam's footsteps. but if they are really that stupid, it would lead to total vaporization of the Iranian country. im sure they dont want that.

3 things you must know:
1) Israel has Nuclear Weapons(too obvious),
2) They're definitely not afraid to use them, &
3) Israel wont be intimidated by third-world countries

[edit on 10-8-2004 by DJAghetto]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:04 AM
link   
If Iran starts launching scuds towards Israel they have to pass over Iraq. Can you imagine what would happen if one of those scuds fell on Iraqi soil or hit a US base somewhere,
If that happens Iran will be in deep trouble.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I think that Isreal can pretty much slam Iran any time they choose to do so.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe that the new F-16I can probably hit most of the facilitys in Iran. Isreal isn't afraid to attack any thing that they consider a threat. And they do have one of the best air forces in the world. But don't be suprised if Iran has nukes. By the age of 13 I new the basics of how to create a nuclear bomb. If you throw the backing of a country the size of Iran behind it then most likely you will get somewhere. Besides we made our first A-Bomb in the 1940's I don't see why Iran can't do it now. As for ICBMs well I doubt they can hit many targets outside the middle east.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Of course Israel wont hesitate to use whatever weapons they have. In 91 they told the Us they were going to launch nukes at Iraq for saddam throwing scuds at them than god we convinced them otherwise. Iran is not making thing better by saying Israelis existence is a threat to Iran or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:33 AM
link   
THE REASON WHY ISRAEL WON'T ATTACK IRAN IS............................

The USA is going to do it.

If Bush wins a SECOND TERM he will invade Iran. He will wait a couple of years until the IRAQ RESISTANCE is all WIPED OUT.

Reason: Iran is building nukes, Iran supports terrorists, Iran is a pain in the USA's butt.

PRESENT and FUTURE WARS

BUSH WAR I
Afghanistan

BUSH WAR II
Iraq

BUSH WAR III
Iran

BUSH WAR IV
Syria

BUSH WAR V
North Korea

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:42 AM
link   
You are forgetting the back door. all Israel has to do is pretend they made the strike while the B-2's with bunker busters and our cruise missile destroy Iran�s nuclear facilities. The US borders Iran with Iraq in the West and Afghanistan on the East so it would not be hard for our B-2's and cruise missiles to strike the nuclear facilities . So to sum it all up Israel needs to fly its jets in the desert and pretend they made the airstrike while the US keeps quiet even though our B-2's and cruise missile got the job done problem solved. Iran will be hit somewhere in the near future IMHO.

wHATS THE EASIEST WAY TO SPREAD ALL OPTIONS OF WAR ON THE TABLE OTHER THAN BE THE FIRST DORK TO ANSWER TO THIS, why dont you just go over there and help them configure the freeking reactor with them....
Bro your in intelligence, oh sorry its the US army
(no offence)

But when is the last time we won a war you Dork?

Why do you think , well hoes this we warn a country 15 freeking years in advance that we coming, hey boys were coming, did you never learn what war is all about on the field, never let you F@@king enemy know what what soldier, SIR IM ADDRESSING YOU? ANSWER THE QUESTION AND NOT YOUR SORRY VERSION, WHAT IS YOUR EXCUSE FOR ALWAYS RUNNING TO GIVE YOUR ANSWER TO WHOM EVER ASKS IT, WERE YOU DRINKING SOLDIER??????/??

IN FUTure question their directives and obey your orders.....

brains are a valuable item when it comes to being in a war, and this is only beginning wake the F%%k up son.....................

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join