It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hi

maybe someone already posted this? Too much stuff to read it all but this would be my guess
Abu Dhabi Underground Aquifers

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
oh look a bunch of foreigners here in ats tryna figure out what structure other countries are building lol..i mean seriously if you wanna know what it is.u probably have to live there to find out......just because we don't know what it is...doesnt mean its a BUNKER, ALIEN BASE or whatever we people here on ats think it is.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by henriquefd

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Another large pic:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/88943dd51af9.jpg[/atsimg]

I think i found what it is. If this is really what those domes are, it is incredible. Are you ready for it? My belief is that those are underground eco-cities. Why? Because it resembles their project for one. Follow link bellow:
Eco -cities project in UAE desert

That diagram does seem like it could be related but do we have any evidence of this? What company produces them?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Someone better start selling those people some RF guidance systems so they can find their ways inside those things and similar structures once wind will be blowing huge chunks of sand over anything in there.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by coldfiremx
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

If it went down it would be filled with sand.

That and the sun - shining from the south - is illuminating the south side. They stick up out of the ground.

seriously did you just say with the sun shining from the south? The sun always rises in the east and sets in the west.. what planet are you referring to?

if u picture the sun setting in the west (to the left of the page), you can see how the shadows line up a CRATER not a Dome. Sunny on the right/ Shade on the left. Also It would take alot of land/earth to build a ramp to drive cars up, but it would be easier to just dig down.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This one you can see a few vehicles on top of the facility.

Looks like it is a high dome and they use a spiral type road so trucks will not have to go up such a steep incline/decline.

Also if you think of it in Architectural terms this is a perfect design for a facility out in the desert, with frequent sandstorms (as you can see from the roads being covered with sand) the dome provides an elevated surface and also lets the sand that hits the facility roll off below. This eliminates probably millions in operating cost from having to hire someone to clean the sand off your facility.

Sandstorms Happen

This is from 2005:

-Kdial1
edit on 11-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They are simply water towers that are part buried in the sand. If you look to the right in the other field you will see old models of building it out of sand. The newer models have a metal dome over sand so they don't have to keep rebuilding the sand platform. The tankers have to drive up to fill the tanks. oh and it's a Archimedian spiral because it causes a slower incline, so easier on the trucks.

maps.google.com...,55.098985&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=55.586984,114.169922&ie=UTF8&ll=24.775 635,54.884546&spn=0.00394,0.006968&t=h&z=18

The newer tanks are much larger and can supply 8 sections in place of 1 for every section.

M
edit on 11-5-2011 by Metalspider because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by Metalspider because: new info

edit on 11-5-2011 by Metalspider because: new info

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by uSNUUZuLUUz

Sorry, but you are wrong. Simple as that. There is no way this is a crater, or a depression in the ground. If you think it is, then recreate it at home with a lightbulb..then watch in amazement when you realise that the shadow from the centre building falls on the opposite side to the photo! A secondary light source would have to put the shadow on the same side, and we're not on Tattooine are we?

Seriously - these are domes, despite the optical illusion (which I don't see because it's clear they are raised)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I zoomed in a bit. This structure seems odd:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Here's one way that water is stored in around this location.

Google Maps: 24.899672,54.986401

Food for thought.

Edit to add: That's no drivable road spiralling out from the top of the dome... it's an escape path should the people inside need to flee, by foot, if say a fire occurs.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It seems as though something is being driven up to the delivery area or receiving area. The elevation may be to avoid coverage with sand.
What is being delivered or received? A Martian preparation project?
edit on 11-5-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I for once think i can provide some insite to this. i fly regularly from UK to sub Saharan Africa on business. Up until recently you used to fly over Libya. these domes, with grids are very common in the Libyan dessert far removed from any built up areas, always with a single road leading to it. i too used to think these could be missile silos and secret military bases. Until i asked a stewardess if she knew (she didn't) but would ask the captain.

the answer i was given was oil and gas storage and refinery. which made sense to me as Libya is oil rich as is UAE.

Hope this helps.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hello folks, I am not sure anyone pointed this out but it's not far from one of the Biggest and most awesome man made land structures ever - The Palm Jebel Ali www.palmjebelali.ae... - I know right, I think there are three all together. I think this is related for some reason, the airport right near the strange underground structures is about 1-1 1/2 miles long.

One must think that about the only people this place is made for is the extremely wealthy -

So in logic - Its only a few things - Water Tanks or Purification system - Solar Domes/Green House and Food is grown inside - Some Underground city bunker for the wealthy folks - Terra-form machines of a sort - Or a new attraction for The Palm Jebel Ali -

Cheers guys!

The images are from 2006 - The The Palm Jebel Ali is almost all green and not sand any more by the way!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RestlessNRG

I would think if it was a refinery there would be much more ventilation...

storage sounds most plausible to me or some form of mining the round road leading up the structure to the entrance in the middle reminds me of a service entrance for large trucks.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noobastronomer
oh look a bunch of foreigners here in ats tryna figure out what structure other countries are building lol..i mean seriously if you wanna know what it is.u probably have to live there to find out......just because we don't know what it is...doesnt mean its a BUNKER, ALIEN BASE or whatever we people here on ats think it is.

so you're saying ignorance is best, lets not try to educate ourselves and find out what they are?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Why in the world would someone post these images, do the supposedly work of finding them on Google and then not tell us in the OP about where they were located in his flight bewteen/over XXX countries in the "Middle East."

Plus, they look phony to me.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You should really make a habit of reading full threads before commenting.

Just throwing that out there.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

They are real - Folks can't hack Google Earth Boss - Search- 24 38'48.72"N 55 06'06.70"E at maps.google.com -

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
They appear to me to be underground missile silos. Notice the square small door in the middle. Opens to expose missile below. However I wonder why any country would allow, and in fact I am sure they would not allow, any aircraft to fly over any structure that strategically sensitive. Possibly underground bunkers or mines for ore of some sort. Definitely some kind of underground structure. Notice the roads leading into the structures. Those are concave like a contact lens upside down definitely leading down into the earth. What kind of flight where you on? Was it commercial, private, or military?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The whole area looks industrial albeit underground.... not to mention these 7 domes are huge. In the picture below there is a regular looking office building next to the white dome that's not even visible but these structures are.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90fe730ae479.png[/atsimg]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join