It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just Released" The memo that 'proves aliens landed at Roswell

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by prodomino

Originally posted by boncho

He said that the informant, whose identity was censored in the memo, claimed the saucers had been found in New Mexico 'due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes with teh controlling mechanism of the saucers'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Actually, it's a memo that proves "an informant" claims that a UFO landed in Roswell.

It is a great find, however, not a smoking gun.

Um no sir, you have your information backwards .

its a memo written by the Special Agent in Charge of the Washington Field Office to the FBI Director on March 22, 1950 that confirms the Roswell UFO incident in 1947.
It's as simple as that.

For some reason, i have no clue why this came to no surprise to me, i thought i would take disclosure way different, but i'll eat my lunch and go on with my day as usual. it's kind of strange.

Actually no he is right... Read the memo and you will see the info was provided TO a special agent... No from one... Yes the letter was written by the field office, but the info was provided by an informant...

Reading is fundamental

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by alfa1

"Just Released"?!?!?
And where did this garbage all start?

Silas Newton told George Koehler about 3-foot tall aliens and their saucer;
Koehler told Morley Davies
who told Jack Murphy and I. J. van Horn
who told Rudy Fick
who told the editor of the Wyandotte Echo in Kansas City
where it was read by an Air Force agent in the Office of Special Investigations
who passed on the story to Guy Hottel of the FBI
who sent a memo to his boss (Thomas).

Link

That really makes the air force investigator seem totally incompetent doesn't it? How could anyone that gullible, and with that poor judgement as to present this totally scant rumour to his boss, ever have gotten the job in the first place?

Seems to me that this guy has been discredited in exactly the same way as Jesse Marcel.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Thanks for posting this! Regarding some of the comments, it is quite unbelievable how skeptics try so hard to remain skeptic despite the research and material out there on the existence of UFOs and ETs. Just a tiny slice:

The National Press Club held a press conference last September that documented 120 US Military and USAF members with witness accounts of UFO activity.

A Special Agent from the FBI wrote a memo which is now posted on fbi.gov. This is the FBI. They would not waste their time writing memos on something if it were fictitious and there was not probable cause. I don't recall the last time the FBI wrote memos on Bigfoot, the Easter Bunny or Santa.

If you can't trust the words of members of the Military, Air Force, Special Agent from the FBI, not to mention other credible, reliable sources like Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, then whose word can you believe?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by csgt428

Actually, if you read the "Roswell UFO" document it describes the "disc" as being suspended by cables from a balloon aprox 20 ft in diameter....
If memory serves it has since been revealed that the "disc" was an at the time top secret detector of Atomic explosions, designed to keep track of the Russian atomic bomb program....

vault.fbi.gov...

Star for you.
Too everyone else,

I don't understand what
is being argued in this thread.

Are we arguing about what subjects
we will give permission to be discussed,
or about how to verify the claims of a witness.

With the name redacted we cannot verify it at all,
so what's with all the posturing on the subject itself?

I mean guesses are not = to what the unnamed SA would say about it.

David Grouchy

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
reply to post by boncho

I never said i had the ultimate proof and i would sure not release it without taking precautions. I said i know it because through my own experiences and i don´t care about what others think about me. There are literally millions of eyewitnesses all over the world but sure they all lying or are just insane.
How much proof is enough? A dead alien right in front of you or a UFO parked on your lawn and two aliens presenting themself to you?

Literally millions of witnesses? That's a gross exaggeration or are you just lying to yourself? You are also narrow mindedly assuming that the ufo's that people do see are flown by aliens.

There is lots of proof that would suffice to satisfy a healthy sceptical mind, alien d.n.a, alien artifacts, a live video feed of something other than a blob. At least most sceptics will at least acknowledge the possibility of alien visitation yet narrow minded believers such as yourself who literally only have faith to support their belief won't even consider the possibility that aliens have not visited Earth. Yep, you will not budge in your belief will you? Which surely makes you more 'closed minded' than the sceptics you keep chastising don't you think?

As a side note, I respect open minded believers (those who believe but remain sceptical at new claims until they fully investigate them as opposed to those who want to believe so badly that their desire to believe distorts their judgement) and it's good to see a few in this thread.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by missanthropic

So you will trust any official memos from the FBI? Since most of the people in this thread are continuing to ignore the fact that OPs memo was written by the FBI, but was only reporting information provided by someone else, maybe this will help. There is another memo posted on the FBI vault, stating that Roswell was simply a large balloon with a hexagonal shaped radar reflector attached. Link is HERE.

This document was actually submitted to the FBI higher ups from a member of the military, unlike the random informant account from OPs memo.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by missanthropic

It's not so much that skeptics don't believe the words coming from the "official" sources, it's that they ONLY believe the words coming from the "official" sources. A man without a title, is a person without the proper authentication of truth to them. It's safe to assume, based on prior record of denied claims, that even when presented with actual and factual video proof, images, sources, hand-written statements, the possibility will always be turned down, because they seem to only require one small crack in the surface of the claim to considered it "debunked"... sad but true.

Thus, regardless of this memo coming directly from the FBI, because it iterates that the claims provided in the body of the memo, to be coming from an unknown source (thus becoming "unauthorized person who isn't official aka the enemy of evidential circumstance to a skeptic), the memo itself becomes downplayed as "just another looney shooting his mouth off to the FBI"

My personal opinion is simply this: It is a document archived by the FBI. It seems to be from an official source, otherwise it would never make it's way onto their website archive. That being said, someone has to believe there is some foundation to the claims, whether the person is around anymore or not. This will not alter, or distort my views on whether or not something did occur out there. It is my belief that something did occur... but as "BELIEF" is an enemy to skepticism, I'll stay contempt being considered "a crazy". Whatever.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Document [1] says "3 so called flying saucers recovered in New Mexico."
From document [2] We can imply that Roswell was one of them. (Roswell was in New Mexico) and pre dates [1]

Some questions arise.
If the craft were from Project Mogul then why were "bodies" found in the craft and also
why were the craft described as disc shaped suspended under a balloon?
Would alien technology require use of a craft suspended underr a balloon and did Mogul use bodies?
I'm leaning towards the craft being some kind of earth experiment because of the balloon suspension thingie.
Then again there's the eye witness reports of strange materials etc. It doesn't make sense.....
What do you guys think?

[1] vault.fbi.gov...
[2] vault.fbi.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I wouldn't say "proves", but I think were getting closer.

Lets just say "it's not quite the smoking gun, but the barrel is still warm".

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Limbo

Good thought. There has been talk through the years that it collided with the weather balloon. Maybe it just got hooked up on it. Could have found found the saucer on the ground with the balloon attached to it. Who knows, I'm just throwing it out there using pure conjecture.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Excellent find !!! Seems like the FBI vault has some extremely valuable UFO/ET information. This is the kind of stuff you need to convince all the non-believers who I think are dead wrong.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Something that just occured to me...
If radar did make the craft crash, might that be where the idea for HAARP came from?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
This memo does not prove anything. We have no idea who the informant is or whether they are even being truthfull

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedayafterroswell
Seems like the FBI vault has some extremely valuable UFO/ET information. This is the kind of stuff you need to convince all the non-believers who I think are dead wrong.

Most non-believers that aren't completely ignorant of the history of ufology would probably say something along the lines of the following:

"What, those old documents?! You do know the document you are so excited about was released in the 1970s and has been shown to relate to a well known hoax that was exposed decades ago, don't you? Is that really the best evidence you have to offer? If so, please leave me alone until you have something better. If you didn't know that, why should I take anything you have to say seriously so please leave me alone. Either way, please leave me alone. PLEASE. Really, PLEASE leave me alone".

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 10-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Exactly! The government is probably laughing at the fact that we think it was aliens and not our own technology. For example, I have a cousin that works for an intelligence agency, not naming which one though. I once asked him at the time Clear and Present Danger came out in the movie theaters about something in the film. There was a scene where they were watching a special ops mission via satellite in night vision at a very close zoom and extremely high resolution.

I asked him if we really had that kind of technology at the present time (1994). He started to laugh and said, "Are you kidding me? We are way past that, we could do that in the 80's."

Why is it sooo hard to believe that we are the ones responsible for these technologies?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

He said that the informant, whose identity was censored in the memo, claimed the saucers had been found in New Mexico 'due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes with teh controlling mechanism of the saucers'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Actually, it's a memo that proves "an informant" claims that an alien saucer landed in Roswell.

It is a great find, however, not a smoking gun.
edit on 9-4-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

This is so true. It's weird though, a lot of the documents on the Vault are second hand testimonials so they basically stand for nothing more than an interview of someone on the news claiming they saw something, or people on here even, posting about their experiences. The FBI would NEVER post proof like that on the net.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This not only was not "just released," it also doesn't prove anything. I firmly believe Roswell occurred as Stanton Friedman surmises, but you can't tell who the writer of this memo was. If it's just random schmuck who wrote his beliefs in a letter to the FBI, this means absolutely nothing. Just because the FBI records everything written to them, doesn't prove a thing.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZ7IC85
The government is probably laughing at the fact that we think it was aliens and not our own technology.

No, the goverment knew they could supress UFO's because of the our dependence on religion.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
This not only was not "just released," it also doesn't prove anything. I firmly believe Roswell occurred as Stanton Friedman surmises, but you can't tell who the writer of this memo was. If it's just random schmuck who wrote his beliefs in a letter to the FBI, this means absolutely nothing. Just because the FBI records everything written to them, doesn't prove a thing.

Do you think if that was just a "random schmuck', this letter would be even wrtten to FBI Director?

edit on 10-4-2011 by Mercedes-Benz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DZ7IC85

Because we only started to take to the sky's at the turn of the last century. The technology described by the eye witnesses around this time and after the second world war was just way to advanced to be man made IMO. In my view aliens are real and we have been playing around with their technology for quite some time now. I just hope i see the day when full disclosure happens.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join