It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Just Released" The memo that 'proves aliens landed at Roswell

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I believe the media is slowly warming to UFO's and aliens. I will not be suprised when the goverments officially disclose it.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
they also use a proven fake video picture in the article...so who knows if the memo is real...

How dumb do you have to be to not visit the source of the actual document, which is the actual, official FBI website itself?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Let me get this straight....The government is bad and anything coming from them about UFO's is a lie....unless of course it helps your beliefs..

edit on 10-4-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
This document has been available since I got it from the FBI in 1977.
It was contained in a package of government documents made available
by the Fund for UFO Research way back in the '80's.

I wrote about it in my book, The UFO-FBI Connection published in 2000.

Apparently this was a result of a story told by Silas Newton during a lecture
at the University of DEnver on March 8, 1950. Newton was making this up
in order to con some oil investors (claiming he had secret technology
developed from an "alien" source or something like that). Apparently
some listener told someone else and so on until the FBI
heard about it from "an air force investigator" ](name unknown).
The story told by Newton was picked up by Scully and published
some time later.

The only reason that I can fathom for all the interest now is that
most people are not aware of the history of the subject combined
with the FBI decision to highliglht some of their documents.

Ok, fair enough. Let's scrutinize this claim just like a good investigator should, shall we?

From whom did he hear this story? How was he able to trace this story back to Silas Newton?
edit on 10-4-2011 by Riposte because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quasar_La-Zar

Your assumption that skeptics don't believe in alien visitation, simply because they don't put any creedence on given evidence is even more laughable.

Many skeptics do believe in aliens. Some even believe in visitation on Earth.

Belief and proof are two entirely different things which actually have nothing to do with each other.
It is actually more beneficial to the UFO community to be skeptical at ALL times so that we can properly rule out mundane and simple explanations and get to the truth we are all seeking.

The second you stop demonizing and villifying skeptics is the second you become part of the solution.
Continuing the negative brush stroke upon them all will only show others that you're not interested in the truth and that you're only ingesting everything at face value. That's very counterproductive. Remeber; skeptics will be the reason there is eventually proof. Without them, there already is proof everywhere. We know this sadly is not the case.

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DZ7IC85
I have a question regarding the Roswell incident. Why would a species that has the capability to travel incredible distances at incredible speeds utilizing, according to many believers, anti-gravity propulsion systems, somehow be able to crash one of their crafts? Ooops, I guess they are lacking in the safety computational technology. Oh crap, we forgot our air bags, but we have the technology to travel to distant galaxies?

This is the common sense that really keeps me sceptic. If an alien race has the technology we attribute to them, I highly doubt they would be crashing all over the world. Their computers would be so incredibly sophisticated that it shouldn't even be a possibility. And according to this memo, our radar systems interfered somehow with their navigation systems? Come on, you have to be kidding me.

Now I am not saying it isn't possible, but don't you guys think it's a little bit rediculous? I guess they aren't as smart as we make them out to be if they are crashing... They must be the Americans of outer space.

Being technologically advanced does not equate to infallability. Even the most advanced is capable of mistakes. This is how evolution works. That's how beings learn. Perhaps if there was a crash, it was induced through something which the visitors did not plan for. Such as, lightning, wind, or just alien error.
If we're speaking of a craft we are speaking of a machine, Ever forget to change your oil?
Machines suffer mechanical failure, always. Perhaps the visitors didn't have a proper maintenance man aboard? You cannot rule out any type of error because they harnessed the ability to travel astronomical distances.

To believe that aliens are perfect is to reject reality in itself.
edit on 10-4-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I also found this little beauty dated the 7-8-47

It is from the FBI vault and is about the Roswell crash.

The link is...
vault.fbi.gov...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Ramey's enhanced memo and the FBI message when compared display similarities. The cover story, the reason for the cover story, the discovery of the disc, the need for secrecy, the means of transport of the wreckage and which bases were involved. The AAF memo shows that the lead had been taken by the military and that the FBI were butting out. (No further investigation was needed.) The FUN part is the 20 foot balloon which held up a disc requiring all of this hooey. A whole TWENTY feet? So how big a disc could it hold up including a cable? Why the heck would they put a disc under a balloon needing special handling including informing the freaking FBI as to how they were moving it? Why would the FBI HAVE TO make a formal determination not to F/U on a military operation?

How was this coordinated so rapidly? If it was a human enterprise, why were they so surprised and seemingly still prepared to respond?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by prodomino

Originally posted by boncho

He said that the informant, whose identity was censored in the memo, claimed the saucers had been found in New Mexico 'due to the fact that the Government has a very high-powered radar set-up in that area and it is believed the radar interferes with teh controlling mechanism of the saucers'. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Actually, it's a memo that proves "an informant" claims that a UFO landed in Roswell.

It is a great find, however, not a smoking gun.

Um no sir, you have your information backwards .

its a memo written by the Special Agent in Charge of the Washington Field Office to the FBI Director on March 22, 1950 that confirms the Roswell UFO incident in 1947.
It's as simple as that.

For some reason, i have no clue why this came to no surprise to me, i thought i would take disclosure way different, but i'll eat my lunch and go on with my day as usual. it's kind of strange.

Oddly enough I feel the same way! You aren't alone.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Its well known that the Ramey memo talked of disk or disc and balsa wood sticks and a strange tape with patterns on it. Its been suggested by UFO researchers and witnesses that the sticks were some kind of very strong metal that looked like a plastic, and the strange tape, to me, might mean a flexible ribbon cable connecting components(I am a computer technician since the early 1980's) (remember 1947 was the beginning of the transistor and integrated circuit, so witnesses probably didn't know what the flexible ribbon stuff was). And it doesn't make sense to hang a disc or disk from a balloon. Also Stanton Friedman among others believe there were more crashes than just Roswell, so the document mentioning crashes plural makes sense. And there have been documents detailing what the interior of at least one disk looked like, check the Black Vault website and their collection of FOIA documents. Also the memo where J Edgar Hoover, complained the Army retrieved a disc(k) and wouldn't let his men examine it.
So contrary to belief there hasn't been any technical description of disks, which implys nothing crashed, there definitely are documents existing stating so, only depends on whether you believe FOIA documents are real, not forged.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I've seen this doc before it is a fake. Proven fake many years ago

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What I love most about this document is the date. It's easy to image how the recollections of an event after decades of potential exaggerations/white lies could differ greatly from what really happened, but this document's origin is only years after it happened, not decades after (not from a time in which anyone making these extraordinary claims would likely profit from the lore/etc. of the Roswell incident). Pretty fascinating!

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
A few people have said this document was released as a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) request.

I searched the Department of State, Freedom Of Information Act website for "Hottel" and "Guy Hottel" and no records match. Doesn't mean it's not true, may have just not been uploaded from that far back, but it's not currently listed as such.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
we are not alone and never were.

i know we have family all around us, you know this too..either consciouslly or sub-consciously.

truth is truth and will be known by all one way or another

i love them, us and you

namaste'

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sitchin

Its just like what "Morning Sky" and the terra papers talked about.. 3 crashes not 1.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
how disclosure will come to a head so its all out of the bag , will be memo after memo from 1947 to date, in order for the gooberment to cover their ass for all those years of denial.
disclosure has been happening all along, but people spend too much time trying to debunk than understanding the truth.
almost every ones dead that mattered during the cover up years, now its just good business to tell the truth, before wiki leaks it

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Bruce Maccabee says it's a fraud:

Jim,

The document itself is NOT a fraud (and I doubt that Bruce said that, albeit that Jack Sarfatti has circulated an email with that heading). The document is a well-known genuine FBI document - it simply relates to a well-known hoax.

Thus, it differs from, say, the forged MJ-12 documents which are not genuine government documents at all.

I had assumed that many people would be familiar with the relevant hoax and the evidence that exposed it decades ago. However, the various threads about this document (which have not included that evidence) rather undermine my assumption. Frankly, I don't know whether to be amused or depressed by all the nonsense being written about this document at the moment on ATS, other websites and in the mainstream media.

I could spend quite a bit of my time collating details of the relevant evidence, but - really - what would be the point? The evidence has been published again and again over the years. Is it worth bothering collating relevant material yet again and posting it here? These threads strongly suggest that it is probably not worth the effort.

I gave a reference to Bruce's book a few days ago (and, for that matter, a few years ago in a similar thread) as well as other books and UFO documentaries. That didn't seem to help reduce the amount of nonsense being written...

I don't have much free time and I think it would probably be sensible to spend more of that free time concentrating on another one of my hobbies.

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 11-4-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin

Originally posted by boncho
The memo was hearsay, there is nothing in it to verify that discs crashed or if there were more than one disc in claimed crash.....
that may be true ..but the news paper reporting it just happens to be one of the biggest in the uk ..

First of all the Daily Mail, as with many newpapers are well known for bending the truth when they see fit. That aside, they haven't written a story claiming aliens from another world crash landed in Roswell. What they have done is written an article about an official FBI memo which is now available on a new FBI website.

Originally posted by Perfectenemy
reply to post by boncho

Yeah of course i should treat people who scream fake,hoax or call everything bs with respect like the sceptics do it all the time. Hahahahahahaha sorry but that´s just to funny. Just live your life like you think it fits you but don´t blame us when you discover the truth and it´s all a lie and everything falls apart.

Thanks for the laugh.

No, you don't have to treat a skeptic with respect, but if you carry on as you have don't be surprised if they treat you as a nutcase with such an arrogant view on things that they won't properly discuss the topic when challenged on your views.

Originally posted by Gorman91

Sorry, but if they're human they're not real. Aliens wouldn't look human, so unless they're from an alternate universe, they're just not aliens. Maybe time travelers, maybe a genetic experiment gone horribly wrong. But not aliens.

It's an interesting theory and I know common belief is that they wouldn't look human, but I'm really interested to know why it's so impossible, because while I would expect a different appearance I genuinely don't see why they couldn't look like us.

Originally posted by DZ7IC85
I have a question regarding the Roswell incident. Why would a species that has the capability to travel incredible distances at incredible speeds utilizing, according to many believers, anti-gravity propulsion systems, somehow be able to crash one of their crafts? Ooops, I guess they are lacking in the safety computational technology. Oh crap, we forgot our air bags, but we have the technology to travel to distant galaxies?

This is the common sense that really keeps me sceptic. If an alien race has the technology we attribute to them, I highly doubt they would be crashing all over the world. Their computers would be so incredibly sophisticated that it shouldn't even be a possibility. And according to this memo, our radar systems interfered somehow with their navigation systems? Come on, you have to be kidding me.

Now I am not saying it isn't possible, but don't you guys think it's a little bit rediculous? I guess they aren't as smart as we make them out to be if they are crashing... They must be the Americans of outer space.

I wouldn't say I'm buying the radar theory, but of course its possible for them to crash. There is infinite reasons as to why even the most advanced technology could go wrong or fail.

Originally posted by milkyway12
Just to let you guys know....our technology is so advanced it will blow your mind...we just cant afford it..literally , one aircraft that is highly classified...cost about 811 billion US dollars. The triangle UFOs you think are aliens? They cost about 1.3 Trillion US dollars.

This interests me and it's something I've often considered too. I'm not so sure about fancy stuff like this being around in the 40's, I don't know as we'd have had long enough to reach that point, but certainly more recent sightings leave me wondering if its actually us. But how do you have this information?

Originally posted by Lazyninja
Originally posted by alfa1

"Just Released"?!?!?
And where did this garbage all start?

Silas Newton told George Koehler about 3-foot tall aliens and their saucer;
Koehler told Morley Davies
who told Jack Murphy and I. J. van Horn
who told Rudy Fick
who told the editor of the Wyandotte Echo in Kansas City
where it was read by an Air Force agent in the Office of Special Investigations
who passed on the story to Guy Hottel of the FBI
who sent a memo to his boss (Thomas).

Link

That really makes the air force investigator seem totally incompetent doesn't it? How could anyone that gullible, and with that poor judgement as to present this totally scant rumour to his boss, ever have gotten the job in the first place?

Surely if this guy was sent down to Roswell in investigate what had happened he would be expected to report back to someone? In this case he's had to send his findings back to his boss. He hasn't claimed it to be true, he's simply stated what he has been told. As such he wasn't showing poor judgement or being gullible, he was simply reporting back.

Originally posted by kid_cudi

I've seen this doc before it is a fake. Proven fake many years ago

I've seen this claimed a few times in this thread now, I'd really like to know how it's been proved a fake?

I think this is a really interesting memo, but as others have pointed out it actually contradicts or is contradicted by an other memo which describes the craft is hexagonal in shape and with a balloon attached. I must say the balloon element has always confused me. I can't understand why a spaceship would have some kind of balloon attached, as such either the whole description is false or maybe the truth is a little more earth orientated than some of use would like to think.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Its been picked up by other news outlets this one from today's Sun www.thesun.co.uk... and highbrow paper the Daily Telegraph www.telegraph.co.uk...

'Aliens exist' say real-life X-Files REAL-life FBI X-Files have emerged sensationally claiming flying saucers piloted by aliens did crash on Earth.

The top secret memos appear to back up conspiracy theories that extra-terrestrials landed in the US town of Roswell - before they were sent to the infamous Area 51 US airbase.

Three circular-shaped spaceships crashed containing the bodies of extra-terrestrials which were only three feet tall, said a special agent in 1950.
Also reported in ....timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
edit on 11-4-2011 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

edit to add: looks like the Sun and Telegraph came to their senses and retracted the articles.
edit on 11-4-2011 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join