It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**New Predator Camera Studies You, Tracks You Relentlessly: Video-(things will change)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The Predator tracking software, as any good predator should be, is an incredibly keen hunter. Once shown any object, such as a face or a car, the camera learns to recognize and follow the object with frightening accuracy.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/46eb1bd03ac7.jpg[/atsimg]

After selecting something for Predator to focus on with a bounding box, the system begins recognizing patterns, learning how that object looks at different distances and angles, and even finding it amongst a sea of similar objects. When Kalal tells Predator to track his face, it is able to pick him out of a page full of small photos of other people.

The video demonstrates how you can use the algorithm to track animals, stabilize videos by focusing on one object, or even create a makeshift mouse as the system tracks your fingers.

Source: www.popsci.com...

Watch the video.... then think about all the possibilities this has-both Good and Bad.

Put this on a military robot that can kill and WATCH THE Hell OUT!

From a Law Enforcement angle, their job just got a lot earlier. Especially when they link all of the L.E. computers together so for example, a bad guy may have killed in LA-goes to Florida to Disney World and a Security Camera there could effectively pick the bad guy out and go from there.

The other side of that coin is from the bad guys piont of view. ....... well you get the picture...

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This is fascinating technology. The possibilities are endless.

I think some Agencies already have similar software.

It is also one of the scariest things I have ever seen.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
its now just gonna be a matter of time before the movies like the Matrix,I Robot and the Terminator are going to be reality...If we keep making technology smarter and letting machines think for themselves its not going to be good for us...eventually the time will come when machines wake up and decide they no longer need humans. Im not making predictions because I dont have to,the movies already did this for me

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That's a pretty cool piece of tech. Awesome for a turret or something of the sorts. Automated assassinations maybe?

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
its now just gonna be a matter of time before the movies like the Matrix,I Robot and the Terminator are going to be reality...If we keep making technology smarter and letting machines think for themselves its not going to be good for us...eventually the time will come when machines wake up and decide they no longer need humans. Im not making predictions because I dont have to,the movies already did this for me

Perhaps we should fear the people who have this and not the machines themselves.
Given the track record of the past 2 administrations I fear our government far more than any artificial intelligence.
But you are right, they are certainly leading us headlong into a science fiction future that will test humanity itself,

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Perhaps we should fear the people who have this and not the machines themselves.
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think you are more correct. Fear the people who control the devices more than the devices themselves.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I don't really think this is something to fear, so a computer can track objects visually as opposed to all the other ways a computer can track you. It was bound to be refined sooner or later.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

I think that is where we are saying the concern is.... as it gets refined!

As you had seen it in the OP video will be nothing like what the military and contractors & others will with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is why social networking sites are no good. Not only do you give out LOTS of information about yourself but you also add NUMEROUS pictures of yourself, your family, your friends AND places you've been. 90% of the digital cameras on the market geo-tag the time and location of each picture. For those of you who aren't familiar with it google the term "Google Goggles". Some will say "If you're not doing anything wrong why do you care", others will say "I'm not doing anything wrong so why are you watching me". As with all advances in technology, there are good and bad outcomes and the bad usually take precedent.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Wpw. now that's impressive stuff there!!!

I will be getting that app..

Thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

join