It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Answers to Member Questions

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

God is no racist, or segregationist. After that comment, though I gave you a star for starting this thread, I wish I could take it back. Please list biblical references for this absurd idea.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

The law was done away with when Jesus died.

No, it was not. Typical misconception. Matthew 5:18, and by the way you should find it in red:

" For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."

You need to brush up on Covenant, or you will continue misinforming people here, which assuming you are honest in your approach would be a shame as it would be the opposite of your stated intention for starting this thread.

As for the temple curtain:

Hebrews 9:1-9 tells us that in the temple a veil separated the Holy of Holies—the earthly dwelling place of God’s presence—from the rest of the temple where men dwelt. This signified that man was separated from God by sin (Isaiah 59:1-2). Only the high priest was permitted to pass beyond this veil once each year (Exodus 30:10; Hebrews 9:7) to enter into God's presence for all of Israel and make atonement for their sins (Leviticus 16).

The old testament is a 'shadow of things to come'. Above all, the tearing of the veil at the moment of Jesus' death dramatically symbolized that His sacrifice, the shedding of His own blood, was a sufficient atonement for sins. It signified that now the way into the Holy of Holies was open for all people, for all time, both Jew and Gentile.
edit on 1-4-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2011 by D377MC because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

There are thousands of questions waiting for debate...

And you are manifestly not qualified to answer them, that much is clear. I shudder to think what you will come up with if anyone does ask any theologically thorny questions.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

I've always like this example also

Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.

first read about this in a MilSpec Manual

WINE-TREATED WATER - from digesting many romance novels over the years, I remembered reading about watered wine. While thinking "watered" wine did not sound terribly appetizing to adults, it was also fed to children. This made me wonder if there had been water shortages or was the water too unpalatable to drink.

One night Stan and I were discussing the Bible's instruction to "hurt not the oil or the wine." This conversation evolved into a Net search on the history of wind and oil which uncovered some interesting information. Olive oil has many interesting uses and excellent reasons for storing it. Among its versatile applications are fuel and lamp oil, treatment for burns and ulcers, soothing wounds, cooking and salad dressings; and anointing in religious ceremonies. Today it is also connected to reduction of breast cancer and heart disease.

Since ancient times, in countries like Israel, Rome and (more recently) France, water was too polluted to drink untreated. By mixing 1 part red wine to 3 parts water, sufficient purification was achieved. For killing bacteria in laboratory conditions, red wine ranked 3 to 4 times more effective than pure alcohol or tequila. The effective ingredient is believed to be phenol compounds enhanced from charred wood of the wine-aging casks. This is important because phenol compounds appear to be related to sulfur drugs previously used in basic antibiotics. (Source: Dr. Trichopolou, British Medical Journal discussing the Greek Villager's Diet.) The full article is here. Do not assume this method kills Giardia and Cryptosporidia, etc. View this treatment as secondary measures only.
standeyo.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

I am a Believer in Christ and I would have to say yes the law can be used in principle, but in not in full to be what you are to live by.

Do you still offer up the fatted calf?

Tithes were for the priests of the Old Testament not for the New, you do not once see Paul giving tithes.
He says to give what your heart tells. He said he did not want to burden any one, which means he worked for his substance.

God told him to eat what the Gentiles eat that would be against the Mosaic Law.

I you are a Man Does your wife stay in a tent for the time of her cycle?

No the Law is of the Old Testament and is for example not for today.

May the Lord Jesus Bless you with wisdom and knowledge

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

It is important to rightly divide the Word of God. As to the Law, the Laws and Statutes were not "nailed to the Cross," only the ordinances were done away with. The Moral Law is still valid.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Perhaps someone would like to explain "the law" according to what you believe...

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe.

Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

because my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.

Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.

And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

But I saw that they were not properly following the truth of the Good News. So I told Cephas in front of everyone, “You’re Jewish, but you live like a person who is not Jewish. So how can you insist that people who are not Jewish must live like Jews?”

I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

behold, the stone That I have laid before Joshua: Upon the stone are seven eyes. Behold, I will engrave its inscription,’ Says the LORD of hosts, ‘ And I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.

However, the spiritual is not first, but the natural, and afterward the spiritual.

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect.

But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses. And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter. And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? But we believe that through the grace of the LORD Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.

Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

the law is not based on faith

no one can please God but by faith

not having a righteousness of my own that comes by law

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you as crucified?

How can you say, ‘We are wise,
And the law of the LORD is with us’?
Look, the false pen of the scribe certainly works falsehood.

If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?.. Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law. For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar. For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood..And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.

For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest: (For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec) By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them. For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself. For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but the word of the oath, which was since the law, maketh the Son, who is consecrated for evermore.

I was alive once without the law, but when the commandment came, sin revived and I died.

And so it is written, “The first man Adam became a living being.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit.

Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.”

What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made

That is, those who are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God; but the children of the promise are counted as the seed.

Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, “And to seeds,” as of many, but as of one, “And to your Seed,” who is Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; all are one in Christ Jesus.

For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin.

But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God

Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God. For when we were in the flesh, the sinful passions which were aroused by the law were at work in our members to bear fruit to death. But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.

The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law.

The last enemy that will be destroyed is death.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then no place would have been sought for a second.

if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away, how will the ministry of the Spirit not be more glorious?

I heard a loud voice from the throne say, “God lives with humans! (GWT)
edit on 1-4-2011 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Perhaps someone would like to explain "the law" according to what you believe...

Glad to!

The Law - ten of them, on stone tablets.

The Statutes - the Law in detail, such as don't move a boundary marker, or something on the level of "...if an ox gores an ox..."

The Judgments - penalties and payback for offences, never exceeding the death penalty, which is important for the "hell" issue, especially if you understand that death is temporary.

The Ordinances - the ceremonial Law, now done away with, and replaced with a few simple ones, such as baptism, foot washing, the bread & wine, and so forth.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short

Glad to!

The Law - ten of them, on stone tablets.

The Statutes - the Law in detail, such as don't move a boundary marker, or something on the level of "...if an ox gores an ox..."

The Judgments - penalties and payback for offences, never exceeding the death penalty, which is important for the "hell" issue, especially if you understand that death is temporary.

The Ordinances - the ceremonial Law, now done away with, and replaced with a few simple ones, such as baptism, foot washing, the bread & wine, and so forth.

So you're saying you wash peoples feet?

And of course you keep the sabbath exactly how God wanted you to in the OT....right?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

reply to post by KJV1611

Isn't the Vatican considered the authority on the bible?

Im pretty sure they're catholic...right?

No, not in the least. They have quite an impressive library where they horde vast amounts of knowledge away from the public eye like any bad dictator or Orwelling government would, but they are not by any means THE authority let alone any authority on the Bible.

You have to remember, Roman catholics are pagans and kill Christians for sport. We are not the same.
Rev 17 and 18.
DEUTERONOMY 32:31
"For their ROCK is not as our ROCK, even our enemies themselves being judges."

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

Your latest about wine blows me away, and I must agree with you completely in that wine has a life/death cycle taking it from fresh juice to vinegar. I may have gotten ahead of myself, and should have stressed that my father also knew all that, and concluded that the wine at certain times must have been wine with alcohol simply because of the season. As they say, JUST SAYIN'.

I've heard during this marriage it wasn't the season for wine before, but I'm not so sure that's accurate. BUT even if it wasn't the right time for grapes to grow.....always stick with the scriptures:

John 2:3
"And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine."

Ok, so you see they didn't have any wine to begin with at all, so this would account for the wrong season for wine.

So to prove the power and authority of Jesus Christ even more, what did he do? He made wine when it was not in season which would have been an even more spectacular miracle since he couldn't have secretly snuck the wine in from else where or it would have fermented into "worse wine" or strong strong by that time. Thus protecting himself from Hab 2:15
edit on 2-4-2011 by KJV1611 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

I have to diagree with you there. Matthew 11:19 says 'The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.'

As you can clearly see, this was meant as a slander and mischaracterization from the pharisees of all people....very trust worthy group there huh? They also said stuff like:

John 6:42
"And they said, Is not this Jesus, the SON OF JOSEPH, whose father and mother we know? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven?"

MATTHEW 12:24
""But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by BEELZEBUB the prince of the devils."

Good people, no?

There is no biblical prohibition against drinking, and Scripture does not necessarily forbid a Christian from drinking beer, wine, or any other drink containing alcohol.

Yes there is, PLENTY of verses about it. See my post on wine on page 24 or 25 and 26.

In fact, some Scriptures discuss alcohol in positive terms. Ecclesiastes 9:7 instructs, “Drink your wine with a merry heart.” Psalm 104:14-15 states that God gives wine “that makes glad the heart of men.” Amos 9:14 discusses drinking wine from your own vineyard as a sign of God’s blessing. Isaiah 55:1 encourages, “Yes, come buy wine and milk…”

Some scriptures discuss WINE in positive terms. Nice job throwing alcohol into the verses when it is not there when you compare scripture with scripture, RIGHTLY dividing the words of truth. Your Ecclesiastes, Psalms, Amos and Isaiah verses deals with grape juice form of wine STRAIGHT from the grape. Fresh squeezed if you will. Heck, Amos even says it is from the vineyard.

ALCOHOL historically and practically does not make people hearts merry, it will however:
1. Make your sick
2. Bring out anger from the "spirits" you drank
3. Get you or your intended victim "naked"
4. Make you lose your family, house, friends, possessions, love for life, dignity, money, children, job, and many more.

Alcohol is not, in and of itself, tainted by sin. It is drunkenness and addiction to alcohol that a Christian must absolutely refrain from (Ephesians 5:18; 1 Corinthians 6:12).

Wrong, moderation when it comes to personal vices is the biggest lie straight out of hell since Wescot and Hort's Revised Version of the greek text.

Christians are allowed to drink true fermented wine under TWO occasions and 2 alone:
1. When your sick (explains why many christians like to drink, there all sick, pleasure loving, worldly reprobates.)
2. When you are dying. (if your in pain and want something to "take the edge off".

As for Habakkuk 2:15, you are clearly using a bible verse out of context. This is the full verse:

2:15 "Woe to you who make your neighbors drink, Who mix in your venom even to make them drunk So as to look on their nakedness! 16 "You will be filled with disgrace rather than honor. Now you yourself drink and expose your own nakedness. The cup in the LORD'S right hand will come around to you, And utter disgrace will come upon your glory. 17 "For the violence done to Lebanon will overwhelm you, And the devastation of its beasts by which you terrified them, Because of human bloodshed and violence done to the land, To the town and all its inhabitants.

Nope, the context speaks for itself. Read any and probably EVERY occurence in the Bible when someone gets drunk. Almost every time someone gets raped/naked/or die. Almost seems like now-a-days too huh?

The key to understanding this passage is to consider the other places in the Old Testament where similar expressions are used: look, see, or uncover the nakedness of another. And, interestingly, in most cases this expression refers not to sexual desire, but to bringing shame on someone else. Indeed, in many cases this expression is used of the bringing of shame upon a city, or all the people of Israel, not an individual.
It really has nothing to do with a prohibition on sharing wine with anyone else...

The key to understanding scripture is not to read THE book with your personal understanding, but read it as God laid it out. Which of course means you have to have the "mind of God" in order to understand the Book.
1 CORINTHIANS 2:16
"For who hath known the MIND of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the MIND of Christ." (if you accept him and not your own works to get to heaven)

Your grasping desperately saying Habakkuk 2:15 is a national thing and not individual. Clearly it was the actions of many people doing what this verse said that brought national judgment. October fest perhaps?

This debate is completely over. Read the Bible people, not just picking verses that may show what you want to believe. Compare verses with other verses and get the FULL picture. If you do not, you get the modern day "home churches" and "come as you are" trash that is ruining the Churches image. Westboro is the other extreme side of the coin.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

Sort of dipping out of my realm, but yeah, sounds about right to me. You know whats amazing though? God is a racist, and segregationist. Israel was (and will be again) his chosen people. Jesus Christ dying and making a way for all people to God, Jew and Gentile is what makes the New testament so wonderful.

God is no racist, or segregationist. After that comment, though I gave you a star for starting this thread, I wish I could take it back. Please list biblical references for this absurd idea.

Awww, so you are trying to "piggy back" on my thread eh? Well, I will be happy to correct your doctrine since you are asking me too.

Geneisi 9:25-27
25 And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
(Racist, black folk ever since)

26 And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. (Racist)
27 God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant. (Racist)

All of these verses are VERY much racist according to the modern day "definition".

Genesis 11:, 7-9
"And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech. "
(one big happy multinational, socialist UN/NATO meeting)

7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another's speech.
8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city. (Massive Segregationist action. HUGE)
9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth. (Good job Lord, I agree completely!)

Genesis 12:1-3
"1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:
2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:
3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed."

UNBELIEVEABLE amount of racism shown here from God according to the modern day definitions of these terms. He chose ONE MAN, to make ONE NATION from, and picked them as HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE. All other nations, gentiles, giants, angels, devils, aliens, indians, colored people, yellow people, white people, greys, and replitians were left out. RACISM. Stop trying to ignore it.

As for the new testament, God still only accepts one type of person and ONE ALONE. Those who accept his Son Jesus Christ for there personal savior. All others are "canon fodder" for the great tribulation.

And get this; I only posted "biblical references for this absurd idea" from the first 12 chapters of the Bible. There are THOUSANDS of other verses just like these. You have no idea what the Bible says, and most people don't either, so don't feel bad.

God is a Racist, segregationist, anti-intergrationalist, non conformer, not politically correct, massively genocidal, works evil, kills people, fundamental and never moderate.

Why? Because he is HOLY. People have no clue what it means to be holy any more, Cartoons and weak wristed, pink shirt wearing preachers have ruined the concept on most people. God help us....or kill us one.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by D377MC

The law is over for Christians in this age:

GALATIANS 3:24-25
24 Wherefore the law was our SCHOOLMASTER to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a SCHOOLMASTER.

However, the law will return during the tribulation and will be the only way for people who did not accept Jesus Christ as their savior during the Church age of eternal life as a free gift giving by grace.

The 144,000 found in the book of revelation will have to keep the law, as well as all Jews during the tribulation. Matthew 24 and 25 comes into play here. During the 1000 year millenium in which Jesus reigns as King in Jerusalem on the throne of David is where Matthew chapters 5-7 come into play as well as SOME aspects of the law.

But as any good Bible student knows (which is what I claim to be) eternal life comes from the tree of life and the healing of the nations come from its leafs during eternity. No law needed here to accept the law Jesus Christ spoke of while he was here 2000 years ago.

John 13:34
"A NEW COMMANDMENT I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

Mark 12:28-34
28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
32 And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
34 And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question.

The law returns, but it will be modified since, as you and Jesus said "Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"

Well guess what? Some of the law was fulfilled when Jesus came the first time, and all of it will be completed on his second trip to earth and during the millenium. Notice the end of the above Bible verse? "till all be fulfilled". It will happen. Heaven and earth will pass away as well. (Rev 21/22)

Brush up on your Bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

And of course you keep the sabbath exactly how God wanted you to in the OT....right?

I have washed feet - some churches/denominations keep foot washing as an ordinance, some don't.

I don't keep the sabbath exactly, being free from the burden of the exacting Ordinances. As an ex-Seventh Day Adventist, I discovered that our modern calendar does not quite gibe with the ancient Hebrew calendar. On a Hight Sabbath, the week count started over, so that Sabbath/Saturday could fall on any day of the week of our modern calendar. The important thing, to me, is to take some time off, rest, and worship.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC
reply to post by KJV1611

There are thousands of questions waiting for debate...

And you are manifestly not qualified to answer them, that much is clear. I shudder to think what you will come up with if anyone does ask any theologically thorny questions.

Please, explain just what is the qualifications to answer Bible questions? I know exactly what it is, but I truly wonder, do you? Remember now:

Revelations 2:6
"But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate."

Do you even no what a Nicolaition is? Look it up.

John 8:12-59
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
13 The Pharisees therefore said unto him, Thou bearest record of thyself; thy record is not true.
14 Jesus answered and said unto them, Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true: for I know whence I came, and whither I go; but ye cannot tell whence I come, and whither I go.
15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.
16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.
17 It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.
18 I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.
19 Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.
20 These words spake Jesus in the treasury, as he taught in the temple: and no man laid hands on him; for his hour was not yet come.
21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
25 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? And Jesus saith unto them, Even the same that I said unto you from the beginning.
26 I have many things to say and to judge of you: but he that sent me is true; and I speak to the world those things which I have heard of him.
27 They understood not that he spake to them of the Father.
28 Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29 And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him. 30 As he spake these words, many believed on him.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God.
48 Then answered the Jews, and said unto him, Say we not well that thou art a Samaritan, and hast a devil?
49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.
50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.
51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
52 Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death.
53 Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?
54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:
55 Yet ye have not known him; but I know him: and if I should say, I know him not, I shall be a liar like unto you: but I know him, and keep his saying.
56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.
57 Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

I have the light of life, do you?

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Why mad cat? Why to devil do you care about personal opinions when you have the Bible to read and gain your perspective from. I could care less about personally opinions WHEN they cross the Bible.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I have washed feet - some churches/denominations keep foot washing as an ordinance, some don't.

I don't keep the sabbath exactly, being free from the burden of the exacting Ordinances. As an ex-Seventh Day Adventist, I discovered that our modern calendar does not quite gibe with the ancient Hebrew calendar. On a Hight Sabbath, the week count started over, so that Sabbath/Saturday could fall on any day of the week of our modern calendar. The important thing, to me, is to take some time off, rest, and worship.

Good answer here LS on the sabbath, and no, I do not wash feet either. Any such WORK has no bearing on ones salvation.

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I've heard during this marriage it wasn't the season for wine before, but I'm not so sure that's accurate. BUT even if it wasn't the right time for grapes to grow.....always stick with the scriptures:

John 2:3
"And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine."

Ok, so you see they didn't have any wine to begin with at all, so this would account for the wrong season for wine.

So to prove the power and authority of Jesus Christ even more, what did he do? He made wine when it was not in season which would have been an even more spectacular miracle since he couldn't have secretly snuck the wine in from else where or it would have fermented into "worse wine" or strong strong by that time. Thus protecting himself from Hab 2:15

",,,when they wanted wine..." You do know, don't you, that it really means that they lacked wine? Later, after Jesus made more, someone stated that the best was saved for last. They lacked wine, because they had drunk all of it! There would be only a small window of time in which fresh grape juice would have been available, so I will assume that it was fermented wine. I admit that what Jesus made was very likely non-fermented, especially as fermentation is symbolic of sin. I think all the Bible's cautions about wine and strong drink would have been unnecessary in a non-alcohol-drinking society.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join