It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The government said a nuclear emergency situation has been declared due to the coolant failure.

No radiation has leaked yet.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by metodex

Yea id want to post more but im litteraly almost in tears here over this.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Just heard BBC confirm 4.5 quake in Hawaii

Still haven't heard about the second quake in Japan

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
bbc news just reported a 4.0 in hawaii

link   
I just logged on to see this thread and I just put bbc news on, I cant believe this I hope everyone is ok, to all the members in the danger areas and everyone, stay safe I wish you well.

link   
LISTEN

THERE ARE 2 REACTORS,FUKUSHIMA AND MIYAGI.

THE FUKUSHIMA ONE IS PRESENTING COOLING PROBLEMS

THE MIYAGI ONE IS ACTUALLY ON FIRE.

link   
reply to post by twinmommy38

I am sure that your son will be fine. You seem like a very proud mother as you should be.
Best of wishes.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Upcountry Maui checking in. We're housing 7 evacuees from Kihei that were told to seek higher ground. On their way here they say the gas stations were slammed and traffic was heavy. Wake island only experienced a minor wave of a foot or so; so I don't know what to expect here.

The big island has been rumbling steady for the last 5 days since that new rift opened up. 4.5 is a good sized quake though. I'm just glad the trade winds are blowing and the VOG is blowing south.

link   
Government official has said they are unable to pump water to cool down the Nuclear Reactor at one of the power stations.....

link   
reply to post by Catbone

Is it Ishihara??

I have seen and posted reports on it, but i havent been able to find what type of plant it is. there has also been conflicting reports that the images are from an Oil Refinery???

Here is my earlier post;

There have been mixed reports of an oil refinery and also a power plant on fire.

This news is courtesy - News.com.au

The picture below shows a power plant on fire in Ishihara. Picture: AFP / HO / NHK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a38ab3f7023c.jpg[/atsimg]

Ishihara Power Plant

Daily Telegraph - Ishihara on Fire

Other related Tsunami Images;

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/151f05063f3c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/21909d707750.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/02a354fbf4c7.jpg[/atsimg]

Further News;

At the latitude of this earthquake, the Pacific plate moves approximately westwards with respect to the North America plate at a velocity of 83 mm/yr. The Pacific plate thrusts underneath Japan at the Japan Trench, and dips to the west beneath Eurasia. The location, depth, and focal mechanism of the March 11 earthquake are consistent with the event having occurred as thrust faulting associated with subduction along this plate boundary.

Source

edit on 11-3-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Vampiri
reply to post by metodex

Yea id want to post more but im litteraly almost in tears here over this.
Me too, i can barely see the screen, this is so horrible, and knowing that in half an hour we are going to see destruction in papua new guinea happening live. Please God no more.

link   
Guys this is a terrible disaster unfolding but you need to keep Sane.

link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes I've just heard the nuclear alert on the news

This can get much, much worse

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by KOJAK3029

Sorry. replied to wrong comment/person.

reply to post by twinmommy38

HAGATNA, GUAM — A tsunami warning has been issued for the U.S. territory of Guam, following a 8.9 quake off the coast of Japan.

The Guam Department of Homeland Security and Civil Defense has urged residents to evacuate low-lying areas.

www.clarionledger.com...|mostview
edit on 3/11/11 by BrokenCircles because: replied to wrong person

link   

Originally posted by who-me?
Just saw this too, shook my browser like crazy. This is proper Tsunami material. Fingers crossed for those in the area.

Does this mean all the others were foreshocks?

can you give me the directions for getting the download that shakes the monitor when there is an earthquake....i used to have it years ago and lost it

link   
STATE OF EMERGENCY OVER POSSIBLE NUCLEAR LEAK
IT LOOKS VERY LIKELY GUYS.THE COOLING THING SEEMS TO BE OUT OF CONTROL AND NOT WORKING.
AND OTHER NUCLEAR PLANT IS ON FIRE

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Al Jazeera reporting that it was indeed an Oil Refinery that was on fire and the nuclear plants/reactors are "SAFE"

ETA: i'm confused

edit on 11-3-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

These kinds of events are going to happen after 2012.

As the human population continues to explode, disasters will destroy more infrastructure and kill more people.

I wouldn't really worry unless it starts looking like the 14th century. Somewhere between 1/4 and over 1/2 of the humans on earth died that century from the Mongol Conquests, Little Ice Age, and Black Plague.

link   
I'm up near Yellowstone. We have experienced 2 mild tremors within the past 15 minutes. I'm watching this. My prayers are going up for all.

If you are on the west coast, please don't sit there and wait. GO and seek some higher ground and wait it out. Just gas up, grab water and snacks and go. Don't wait to see the wave coming for you because by then it's too late. I'm not a dramatic person by any means but please don't mess around with this one. Don't wait until that last hour because if they come on the news and say it's going to definitely hit and be bad, you'll be stuck on a highway somewhere. If you don't get it, look at the news and see that wave that overtook the cars in Japan. K? Get out of the coastal area and chill out and wait. Please.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

Then you look at Australian News outlets,

As per my post;

post by Havick007

Just above
on this page

They are saying these images are from the Power Plant....

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join