It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid *Alert* Strange Rainbow...Birds Fleeing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lastone

Maybe something is changing in the climates and the birds know it before we do. I don't want to see them flying in any direction where there is a storm - that would indicate they have lost direction.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You take good care my friend, we are in for it. And for anyone who thinks this is business as usual, they need to get back into 'this' dimensional realm and not the one msm has blinded them to live in... Some of us pay attention.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I love crows, his cousin the Raven is my Spirit Animal. I see them here in the outskirts of the city but never in the city until today - I actually saw two very large crows in the city today - a bit unusual and your are so right - they are very smart. I sorta felt like the crows in the city, which I was fairly close to, displayed signs of being hungry, he kept flying down to peck on a container, looked at me and then flew back up and then back down again - I think he was trying to say feed me. I felt kinda bad I didn't have anything to give them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
well, all I know is the bulk of the birds are NOT coming here this winter. in vegas right now we usually have a good deal of migratory birds from the north stopping by. the weather is warm and the town is literally criss-crossed with washes that are usually located next to a fast food joint. it's strange to not see birds in the wash now.

even the pigeons seem to be running a bit thin lately. though I have noticed alot more birds of prey in the sky.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
These quotes are from a Geologist that is concerned about the Gulf Basin fault causing a New Madrid Quake as a result of BP's disaster.

Reed, over the years, has gathered evidence that supports plate motion in the Gulf basin. Thick salt and sedimentary sequences in the basin mask this tectonic motion, but there is enough basin and peripheral evidence to show plate readjustment is occurring -- evidence, he says, in the form of volcanics, earthquakes and rift zones that are accompanied by magnetic, refraction, seismic and gravity data.

So Reed conducted a study using data from the U.S. Geological Survey's National Earthquake Information Center and the USGS map "Earthquakes in the Conterminous United States." He only studied earthquakes measuring at least magnitude 5, and found that while most of the earthquake centers are random with no alignment, there is a well-defined earthquake trend extending northeastward from the New Madrid seismic zone across the United States to Canada, where it joins with the St. Lawrence River seismic zone.

Link to the Articile:
www.aapg.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I hope nothing happens,I live in western KY about 3 hours from St Louis.I will keep a eye on the the sky for rainbows.I saw a crap load of black birds in my neighborhood today.Maybe that's a good sign.All you can do is pray.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a huge cyclone heading for north queensland in australia
strange rainbows in US
birds strange migration pattern
and a big ol sun spot appeared

looking for a pattern here, but at the moment I blame the sun.
IIRC someone else made a link with sunspots and Haitis earth quake, this spot looks much bigger

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
a huge cyclone heading for north queensland in australia
strange rainbows in US
birds strange migration pattern
and a big ol sun spot appeared

looking for a pattern here, but at the moment I blame the sun.
IIRC someone else made a link with sunspots and Haitis earth quake, this spot looks much bigger
Two different occurrences on the sun.
A hole is not the same as a spot... on the sun
What you speak of is a coronal hole
Not a sun spot spaceweather.com...
edit on 31-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
All I can think of when I read this rainbow thread is this:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I'm glad to see you went to the doctor, and had yourself checked out. Have any of your roommates been lightheaded or dizzy?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

So your pet has been clingy and nervous then, huh?

Let's just hope if you folks get a quake down there, it's a smaller one, and does no damage.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

My roomies are just up now all hours of the night. None of us have any normal sleep patterns lately and I have been on a lot of thread where headaches and trouble sleeping lately, It must be something going around.
As for quakes before 2010 the most quakes ever in Arkansas was in 2009, we had 175 quakes, in 2010 we had over 600 quakes just since Sept 20, 2010. That is a way big increase most in the 3 and 4 mag.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I live a few miles east of New Madrid Mo. On the Tennessee side of the river. We get tremors near daily. I have read a book written in first person of the experiences of the 1811-1812 quakes. I couldn't find the book online,however I did find a site with some excerpts from first hand accounts.

ezinearticles.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

THANKS Great Info. Since you are right there close to New Madrid and you say you feel quakes everyday please keep ATS posted. I check the New Madrid Quake map everyday, and looks very active to me. I notice the IRIS map doesn't show anything. Kept us up to date and thanks,

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by Klassified

My roomies are just up now all hours of the night. None of us have any normal sleep patterns lately and I have been on a lot of thread where headaches and trouble sleeping lately, It must be something going around.
As for quakes before 2010 the most quakes ever in Arkansas was in 2009, we had 175 quakes, in 2010 we had over 600 quakes just since Sept 20, 2010. That is a way big increase most in the 3 and 4 mag.

Other than the occasional hangover I've never had a headache problem, but I've had some recently as well as fatigue for no reason. Thursday was the last full night of sleep I got though, I went to bed Friday and woke @ 02:30 Saturday morning and never did get back to sleep. That seemed odd to me, but then I woke @ 03:00 Sunday morning and again @ 02:30 Monday morning. Not sure, but isn't that about when someone should be in the deepest state of sleep?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

I just put into google "People waking at 3:00 am" there were 4,140,000 sites. When I go to sleep early I will wake at 3:00am. But usually I am still up at 3:00am . In a Book I read by Linda Goodman years ago she said that 3:00 am was the time of the last earth catastrophe. And people waking up at that time is because our subconcious mind still remembers it. That is a bit farfetched but the fact that we are talking about earthquakes maybe she is right. Good question?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I wonder if we would feel it in Ohio? Does anyone know?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

Ohio would feel it especially the western part of the state. Since you live there have you ever heard of a huge impact (asteroid) creater there. They say that it was that impact that caused the New Madrid Fault. or maybe it was Illinois but one of them?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I am not sure about the crater thing. I might google it and post if I find anything.

One roomie says she thinks she has heard about something like that and hubby says he has no idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ohio Crater Site Serpent Mound Crater is a meteor crater in Ohio. The Serpent Mound Crater, an effigy mound, located on a plateau in Brush Creek Valley in Adams County, is located inside the crater. Serpent Mound Crater is 8 km in diameter and the age is estimated to be less than 320 million years. Serpent Mound Crater is exposed to the surface, 1,330 feet long and three feet high, and is the largest effigy earthwork in the world.

source

More information on the crater

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join