It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Madrid *Alert* Strange Rainbow...Birds Fleeing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by littlema77

I have an underground spring behind my house and I have been wondering if natural gas could be coming up out of it. That is usually why we have so many animals is they drink out of the spring. Sometimes you can't smell gas when it comes up from what I have heard, but not sure. It could also be causing all these headaches
I 've been having. Glad you brought that up.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I'm just wondering why the USGS would have almost nothing charted on their quake maps if there were hundereds of "mostly mag 3-4" quakes in the last 4 months and quakes "almost daily", in and around the New Madrid fault.

The birds thing is insane. If it's not normal in these areas (hey, I've never even heard of hundreds of thousands of birds all flying in the same direction, passing constantly for hours!) then something is certainly encouraging them to flee.

I'd like to say that they animals are fleeing the looming storm, but come on... it's not like it doesn't snow every year. Add in that they are being reported flying North and East and they would be heading for regions that are usually MORE cold, not less. They would not have developed this response as part of their instincts because it would most often be unfavorable.

Earthquake lights? Well, not seeing any actual images from the New Madrid faults region, yet.

Interesting for sure, nothing making me scream in terror just yet though.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
has anyone else in the area seen the birds flying away?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I used to be able to sleep sooo well...couldn't stay up past 2300 and never woke during the night.

Recently, for months now and even more so......if I sleep before 0300, I will be awake for 0300 or before and unable to sleep again until after 0500. This has been playing havoc on my life and have developed a system of just getting used to 2 part sleeping, seems like missing proper sleep and isn't how I like it.

Feeling irrationally nervous recently too, headaches and experiencing a lot of time anomalies...random looks at clocks, phone calls, sounds at 2.22, 3.33, 4.44 etc.

I do feel there is something major going on and I am very rational and like to find a fact / scientific basis for things.

This said, as I posted on the Glacier Peak thread, the PNSN data isn't showing anything abnormal and quake monitoring is generally something those involved take seriously so you would hear about it from the experts if there was anything urgent going on. Still, wouldn't like to be in a high risk zone, too much worry! Place to watch right now I guess is Queensland for major weather event, as well as the other active volcanoes etc. elsewhere.

I guess with all the Earth and sun activity and other planetary / space events goings on, it's natural our EM monitors are picking up on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

OK I know we are not supposed to make really short responses but I really want to know how the ants are leaving.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Could the "rainbows" be due to the blizzard? Perhaps HAARP is in use. I live in PA and I have not noticed anything out of place, besides frequent snow storms, however it IS winter. This current blizzard does stretch over the New Madrid fault, and it would be a crippling blow to any survivors of an earthquake. There is a volcano erupting in Japan currently, UFO sightings, and plenty of them recorded within the past 2 weeks, birds fleeing central USA, headaches and unusual behavior of pets; to top it off, conspiracy theorists have been saying FEMA has a master plan, and my conclusion to that master plan, is that man made natural disasters would be a great way to calling Martial Law upon us. The 2012 prophecies are perhaps to cause panic and will be used as a scapegoat. What if nothing happens? Then this is just a test in preparedness; however what if this does happen? We should all be aware, and spread the word to your loved ones in as sane of a way as possible. I'm hoping this all is nothing more than a massive blizzard.

(I just read the post above this, and I too have been having strange sleep patterns, phone calls, and even a txt from "911" saying, "This number can not receive txt messaging services". However when checking my records, I had sent no text, or made any phone calls. Our Sun has a massive coronal hole in its atmosphere that appears in a NASA image on another ATS thread found on the home page tonight. This may also have something, in my opinion, causing this anomalies.

edit on 1-2-2011 by SixX1874 because: Read another post more in depth

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I live in the middle of Illinois, and today i pointed out that the sky has been reddish for many nights recenty, and tonight it was a very eerie reddish orange color. I noticed in videos that i watched that the sky would turn colors before earthquakes, so thats where my mind went, but who knows. Also we're expecting 14 to 20 inches of snow in some areas, possible major power outages, so maybe FEMA is gettin there act together and finally preparing to help the people. But honesty i doubt it, but i know one thing and earthquake, with conditions like this would for sure get a nice jump start on there depopulation plans!!!!! CITY

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by trailertrash

In an articile I read some time ago It states that if the ants are gone and the elephants leave, you better leave with them. I think that the ants just go deeper into the ground. I usually get 2 or 3 ant bite a day, big yard out in the country, I havent been bitten since the meteor shower in Oct. They just dug in deep like the government in case things get bad. As I said in the last post we have an under ground spring in the backyard and I wonder if gas could be coming up. That would make the animals clearout and give me headaches.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fiberx

Oh, to answer your question about the quakes. Most of the quakes shown on the map are all stacked on top of each other. Like Guy, Arkansas has had over 500 quakes but they are all stacked on top of each other on the map.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I know people have mentioned birds going north but just wanted to report two visits by very large groups of birds in my backyard in Atlanta over the last week or so.. At least a thousand red-winged blackbirds on Jan 23, and then twice that many larger black birds on Jan 31. It was almost as intense as that man who filmed the crows in (was it) Minnesota. Seems very unusual at this time of year. There were also hundreds sitting on the wires in three different spots both times I went out this past week. I tried to look up the migration patterns of these birds, but it's all very vague. I have my camera back and will take pictures/video if it happens again. So for the record and for what it's worth.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Hi, great thread- I feel sorry for you folks out there; I thought I'd add my two cents. I spent time in San Francisco in the late eighties going to college, & ended up surviving the Loma Prieta quake in October 1989; a 7.1 on the Richter scale. Here's what happened:

For a month, every day almost, at the rate of two or three a day, there were over a hundred little quakes of say, 1.2- 2.8 on the Richter scale, before the big quake hit. These small quakes couldn't really be felt by most people- only read seismographically. Animals, on the other hand, knew something was wrong immediately. Flocks of ravens were flying all over the place; nocturnal animals like opossums were walking about in the light of day; horses were running in circles and kicking out madly with their back legs, and pets were frightened and in hiding, refusing to go out of doors. All of the animal behaviour occurred in the two or three days before the big quake.

I was in a store as the quake hit. I grabbed the counter I was standing next to as two big rolling shocks hit, one after another. The lights went out & shelves in the store were shaking back & forth, spilling everything onto the floor. I ran out into the parking lot & away from the building, which is the safest thing to do- it's best to be outside in an open place if one can make it, to avoid being trapped inside.

The aftermath: A piece of the Oakland bay bridge upper deck collapsed, the Oakland freeway upper deck pancaked onto the lower one, killing and/or trapping many people in their cars; in San Francisco, houses broke loose from their foundations and slid over into the street, and huge glass windows shook loose from the highrise buildings downtown & fell into the streets. There was no phone or electric service for several days. People cooked up their food on barbeques & shared it out so that it wouldn't go to waste in the refrigerator. The weather was normal for the area- in the 70's & 80's, no rain.

Not to get anyone panicked- but if you check at the US Geological Survey site for the last month you'll see that Arkansas & surrounding areas have been having the same buildup of little quakes each day as in the Loma Prieta quake. Quakes disturb things in the Earth a great deal, including fluctuations in magnetic fields- that's what gets animals, especially birds, all upset- they can feel it. Birds navigate by feeling magnetic fields with a part of their brain, which is how they know where they're going at all times, especially during migration.

See earthquake.usgs.gov...

Take care out there- quakes are unpredictable; I pray things will be all right!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Thank you, Hugs Hugs, No matter how old I get I can't seem to grow out of "letting" my feelings get hurt. I think it was because I was a Preacher's Kid.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hello this is the site I go to everyday, It has everything on it in one place. MUST SEE !!

standeyo.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by RomaMayLi

Thank you for all of your insight. My brother-inlaw was at the game that day. So many young people were not even born then, but that was a really bad quake. Seeing the cars going of the bridges into the Bay. It is all of these little 2, 3, 4 mag quakes that started at the end of Sept 20, 2010, that has had me preparaing for this for 3 months now. 600+ quakes in just 4 months and that is just Arkansas. The rest of the New Madird looks the same. There is just so much going on in the world at once everyone is on edge. Thanks

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Oh My God, if anyone is still awake go to space weather here.: They thought these CME or solar flares or whatever would hit until Wednesday. That is probably why all the quake nerves, it seems everytime there has been a solar eruption it has caused large quakes.

standeyo.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Ok

I was not because I wanted to bash you. I just wanted to say, that just because there is a sun dog, does not mean there is a earthquake.

But was those "rainbows" away from the sun? Or did it look like a reflection (What I saw here, was just a reflection, I thought it was that you was talking about).

And btw, very cool pictures.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I guess I am the only one on here still awake. lol But here is a quote from the Space Weather site.

"AURORA-BURST: According to the official forecast, the odds of geomagnetic activity on Jan. 31st were less than 10%. That was good enough for Kjetil Skogli of Troms, Norway. "We went out to look in spite of the low expectations--and there it was!" An aurora-burst was in progress directly overhead:

"We didnt have to wait at all," says Skogli. "The show started right away and lasted for more than an hour with a lot of moving green curtains and rays."

The unexpected display was caused by a disturbance in the interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) near Earth. The IMF tilted south, opening a hole in Earth's magnetosphere. Solar wind poured in and ignited the auroras."

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Birds does not fear from earthquakes. Why should they, they can fly!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Define quake nerves?

There is always a tremor going on somewhere.

It also has nothing to do with solar activity, the sun has been extremely quiet the last 7+ years.

2002-03 was the time of the last solar max...why no major quakes in the new Madrid fault line then?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
On the day of the Sichuan, China earthquake in May 2008, there were rainbow colors in the sky. As for the birds, well it's not good to put more into what you see or make it out to be something that it's not. I hate when people bring something interesting, only to tarnish it by their own agenda.
When people begin talking about the ants leaving, you know you've gone off in crazy land and we have enough nuts out there.
edit on 1-2-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join