It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Green Company packs up and moves to China and another Counterfeit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Here is an interesting little article that is just the tip of the iceberg. The politicians sure got the lip service
down to an art. Yet none walk the walk. In this instance the walk would be to devise legislature that would not
only create jobs, but also give incentives to companies that produce new tech(green) products in The United States
of America.In the first instance, the company Evergreen. Now the double whammy...Recently The D'Addario guitar string company in Long Island, N.Y. discovered that China was making
pirate copies of their guitar strings and packaging. So here are 2 examples of small/medium size companies
on the East coast and their detrimental current experiences with China. Fifty years ago, this kind of nonsense would be
unthinkable. So my question is Threefold 1. Is The United States being gutted, dismantled and sold via agenda?
2. Do the leaders know something that is so positive that all these concerns are inconsequential?
3. Do the leaders know something that is so negative that all these concerns are inconsequential?

Clearly , They are not being forthright, and something is majorly wrong. Please read links,,,Thanks.

Source Link 1

www2.timesdispatch.com...

Source Link 2 www.guitarstringguide.com...

Source Link 3 www.daddario.com...
edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in clarification/ Typo

edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Title Edit Redefine

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Where possible, I always pay that extra dollar or two to buy Australian made products and produce. I hope that in USA you guys do the same. Makes only a small difference, but if everyone did it the impact would be greater. This would then force our companies to stay in our respective countries and keep our citizens in employment.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I would love to do that,but it's hard to find anything "Made in the USA" in the USA anymore.It's like the government knows something the rest of us don't,and we're being sold out.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

Hey There, I try to, but I also buy Australian goods too as you folks are legitimate allies. I have a Great Rode
Tube Microphone that you guys built. It is fantastic! Also, I have to say that we get some awesome lamb
chops here in local markets sent up from you good people of Australia. I keep up on all the news about the
flooding down there. We keep you in our hearts and thoughts.

Thanks for the reply,,,,,

edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I just hope the new owners know what the hell they're doing.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank you! We love the USA too.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starseed33

Yes , I know what your saying. For instance, I bought a hammer the other day. It was an Estwing.
Made in Illinois, U.S.A. It was twice as expensive as the Chinese counterpart. But the Quality was TEN times
as good. So I figure, for 8 bucks more, I got my moneys worth.

By the way, quality is not only in fabrication, but a state of mind as well.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
What did I miss? The topic was about a green company that moved to China, but the message was about counterfeiting???

This happens every day.

The core issue is the outrageous system of lobbying. Lobbying and lobbyists (funded by these sellout corporations) have brought our country to the brink of destruction. Oh, and most of them are lawyers by trade for whatever that's worth.

If GREED were removed from the legislative process, this would be a totally different country today.

Screw China. Some days I wish they had the balls to actually overtly attack the US with their military, instead of their covert method of using cheap slave labor (and a complicit US populace) to undermine this stupid so-called "capitalist" nightmare we have created. But, they are obviously smart as well as devious. If Americans don't wake up soon, it's gonna be Checkmate- We Lose.

I just spent an additional $300ish on some parts for my bike by buying American as opposed to the Chinese junk. $800 vs $500. I'm trying to do my part just a little bit, but to be fair, the Chinese stuff looks like garbage and I'm a quality-oriented kinda guy.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
This thread is a bit confusing. Not sure, but going with it's about a green company moving to China. Can't stand all these companies moving and a green company is a double outrage, as if China knows anything about green. China has some really beautiful countryside, but the pollution there is horrendous.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Some days I wish they had the balls to actually overtly attack the US with their military, instead of their covert method of using cheap slave labor
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Why attack us when they can destroy us without firing a bullet.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I don;t know why everybody is crying now. Where was this a decade in a half ago when Clinton and Bush the father introduced us to NAFTA and free trade. Well I guess it;'s to late for tarriff's I guess all we have time for is tears.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

You didn't miss anything, except the links/sources. The first link is about a company moving to China.
The second link is about a company being pirated by China.
The third link explains how to recognize the pirated material.

It may be a bad effort on my part, but I was trying to create a small expose not only on the off shoring of jobs but counterfeiting
as well.

I was also expressing my complaint to American leadership for allowing this to happen.

Especially in our current economic circumstances.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Thread title is misleading; this has nothing to do with a green company, much less a green company moving to China.

This is about cheaply made counterfeit guitar strings with exceptionally-realistic packaging.

Avoid e-bay for guitar strings, and stick to a trusted retailer. Guitar strings ARE a case of "you get what you pay for."

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

I was against it then(Nafta) and I am still against it now. At least the current state it is. Reneg. is long overdue.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: typo/add in content

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

The first link is to an article that mentions the company "Evergreen" an American company that makes Solar
Panels. They were subsidized by the State of Mass. and now they are moving to China.
So this is indeed about "Another Green Company moving to China". The Second Link is about Chinese
Counterfeiting of another American Company. My Point is that this is a double whammy.
Not only are we losing jobs, but we are losing revenue as well. On top of it, our leadership is doing a lot
of talking, but not putting their money where their mouth is and putting a stop to this kind of nonsense.

I am sorry you didn't catch my drift. Next time I will try to reword and better organize my posts as so that
the greatest common denominator can understand them.

I still had time window, so I edited the title. I'll try to be more accurate from the onset next time.
Thanks for your reply. You were right, the second company was not necessarily "Green" , but the link
to the first source article was clearly about a "green" company. I hope it is now clarified.

edit on 27-1-2011 by Wildmanimal because: Add in/typo

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Please see my reply to Againuntodust. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

so my post is irrelevant and I feel dissed?
I think your intent is good and I am sorry I did not "get it".

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Not at all my friend, it is a case of my bad. I should have been more accurate with my original title.

I was thinking too fast and was sloppy. You and another poster pointed it out, so I edited the original title

and some of the content.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
So am I supposed to feel sorry for a company that fires the US workers ships the factory to china and has its trade secrets stolen? Sorry not feeling much sympathy. But will help out the company that didn't close up shop here by buying american or making my own.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ..5..

Well no. I am not looking for emotion. Also, it is two different companies that I am discussing here.
The first company "Evergreen"closed shop and moved to China. Scam Artists.
The second company D'Addario, is still producing here in The United States, but their revenue is being
threatened by Chinese Counterfeiting.

My point is, that this is economic warfare on a grand scale proceeding at an alarming rate.

Did you read through the first article I source linked?

top topics

join