It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's reelection campaign could hit billion-dollar mark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

He raised and spent $750 million in the 2008 campaign, and there is already speculation that the cash-collection operation for his 2012 reelection bid will crest the once-unimaginable sum of $1 billion raised.

www.washingtonpost.com...

one Billion dollars.... for a job that pays 400,000 per year??!!! really?

how can anyone not think there is something wrong with this. what favors does this kind of money buy?
incredible.
edit on 26/12/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This information just proves the old adage "that a fool and his money are soon parted" With most of the public still choking from being force feed his agenda these last two years,he may find it hard to "buy" those votes this time.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sure, makes sense to me.

It's not about the money he makes while doing the job. It's about the power and how far he can run the country into the ground.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the U.S. government is beyond desperate in its way to screw the public. Whatever money you get, make sure the public does not get a dime of it and when you (the government screw up) blame it on the people.

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

He'll need that money, doubt it'll be for re-election even he must know his snake oil con has been sussed!

It'll be used to protect him, because karma comes around and he will in time be hunted down like the dog he is, the whole NWO is undoing,

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

It seems to me that if POTUS, the supposed "other" party, Congress, etc. really cared about the US Populace, they would put temporary "caps" on campaign spending.

Or, better yet, put it towards the deficit (which wouldn't put a dent in it, but would be a nice gesture), or distribute evenly among the poor since he's all about re-distributing the wealth, anyway!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Do you think that the OBAMA REGIME will be asking the same questions on this upcoming campaign as the last one? You know, where is the money coming from? Is the money coming from communist union organizations from around the world?

I wonder if any of the JournOlists will check? I just wonder.

Hmmmm, are we going to find out where the 200+ million from foreign sources are going to be asked about on the past election? Well, it has been two years now and NOT ONE politburo news agency has checked YET!

Hmmmm, wonder if anyone is going to ask if the Republics that have passed laws in regards to a candidate having to PROVE their eligibility, will be told that it is racist to attempt to check on the ONE's eligibility.

Last question, do you REALLY think that this guy is going to run again? He was not vetted the first time, he was not cleared the first time, do you think he has a snowballs chance in hell of blowing by this; THIS TIME?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by turbokid

He raised and spent $750 million in the 2008 campaign, and there is already speculation that the cash-collection operation for his 2012 reelection bid will crest the once-unimaginable sum of $1 billion raised.

www.washingtonpost.com...

one Billion dollars.... for a job that pays 400,000 per year??!!! really?

how can anyone not think there is something wrong with this. what favors does this kind of money buy?
incredible.
edit on 26/12/2010 by Mirthful Me because: BBCode.

4 X 400,000 = 1,600,000 + free room + board for four years plus paid travel and expenses. Sounds like a deal to me.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Whoever runs against the one will win.

It does NOT matter who they are.

It is just like the Packers Bears game, the One has no chance to win whatsoever. He and the Dems have relegated this country to obscurity. Fine by me, time to pull back to our shores. No one can harm us but ourselves. But the economy is shot, this President has lost how many points in popularity while having a Congress that has done EVERYTHING he wanted. What has been the outcome?

Now, the Congress will not allow him to destroy the economy any further. Beck had an idea that the Congress will be blamed for the upcoming stagnation, at the least, or the continuing quagmire that I forsee. I believe the opposite, he cannot and the media cannot lie and get away with it anymore.

The takeover of the net will not work. The takeover of the energy will not work. He has been hamstrung and the Clintons will not save this Presidency, no matter how many lies are told.

The veil has been lifted. Foregone conclusion IMO.

top topics

join