It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Won't Fly, National Opt Out Day, Nov 24

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gnarly
reply to post by LadySkadi

It seems it's not an offense, but paranoia. Oh my god, he touched a little kid's private area! Even though we don't have reports of the guy enjoying it! Getting patted down to make sure we do have safe airlines, that's not an invasion of my privacy. That person doesn't know who I am, or my secrets. They probably don't want to, anyway. They aren't getting my social security or card information. It's not you're home at all, so how can you be completely private in public places? They certainly don't have mind-infiltrating devices to read your thoughts!

These people are just being too much of a wimp. They should be glad they don't get patted down in their own home.

Huh? What type of answer was that? TSA agents would be lucky to hold a job at the local convenience store. They are uneducated, as a general rule, and drawn from some of the lowest elements of American society. So we have a bunch of primadonna punks in uniform fondling and ogling anything in site because a Neo-Con (can you say Jewish) plot to destroy the United States was put into play on September 11 (remember that oh so importan Jewish Kabbalistic date).

No. I am sure that you just love to see Americans treated as if they are all terrorists...even little girls getting their vaginas ogled by some TSA agent who is there to "protect us"?

I am sure that every 5 year old girl is a terrorist in disguise - only if I were educated in Jewish Israeli logic.

Pahlease!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthStarRise

Originally posted by Gnarly
reply to post by LadySkadi

It seems it's not an offense, but paranoia. Oh my god, he touched a little kid's private area! Even though we don't have reports of the guy enjoying it! Getting patted down to make sure we do have safe airlines, that's not an invasion of my privacy. That person doesn't know who I am, or my secrets. They probably don't want to, anyway. They aren't getting my social security or card information. It's not you're home at all, so how can you be completely private in public places? They certainly don't have mind-infiltrating devices to read your thoughts!

These people are just being too much of a wimp. They should be glad they don't get patted down in their own home.

Huh? What type of answer was that? TSA agents would be lucky to hold a job at the local convenience store. They are uneducated, as a general rule, and drawn from some of the lowest elements of American society. So we have a bunch of primadonna punks in uniform fondling and ogling anything in site because a Neo-Con (can you say Jewish) plot to destroy the United States was put into play on September 11 (remember that oh so importan Jewish Kabbalistic date).

No. I am sure that you just love to see Americans treated as if they are all terrorists...even little girls getting their vaginas ogled by some TSA agent who is there to "protect us"?

I am sure that every 5 year old girl is a terrorist in disguise - only if I were educated in Jewish Israeli logic.

Pahlease!

Ha, you're funny. Talk as if you actually know all the details of many lives., yet provide only insults to back you up.

I bet TSA agents get paid more than convenient store workers, and I bet they are all not pre-Madonnas. I really do bet that they don't want to job just to molest your little girl. That's just absurd to think that, and to think they would actually get away with actually molesting someone.

You think getting patted down makes you get treated like a terrorist? A terrorist wouldn't have any options, or rights. Seriously, it's not something you're forced to do, go take a bus if you're so worried. It's not just terrorist that are the reason you get checked out, it's also random people who freak out one day, and general psychology of the passengers.

Instead, let us hold our guns up in the air, so we can properly defend terrorists. Haha.

You must be a troll.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
reply to post by Gnarly

What is fact is that certain people treat their skin as if sound-waves actually hurts them.

What the heck are you talking about sound waves. These machines use X-Rays or Millimeter Waves. The first is an ionizing radiation known to cause cancer. The second is so new of a tech there is little information on them but since they are above the microwave frequency band they are very tiny and likely small enough to disrupt DNA.

Read some of the many articles online that discuss this topic and deny ignorance already:
Body Scanners Increase Risk Of Skin Cancer

An "extremely small" risk of getting cancer. If it was so serious, they wouldn't be able to do scans in hospitals. Or wait, I'm afraid I'll get cancer when checking for cancer!

I wasn't talking about x-rays, but sound-waves, the ones that happen when people say things. Like when they talk about how small someone is downstairs. Oh no, so your co-workers are laughing at you, and they probably have plenty of reason to be laughed at as well!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I agree it's good to set a day to spread the word about the nightmare police state gird the foreign banks have set up that run this country now. However, I think that everybody should always opt out of the naked body scanners every day they fly. We shouldn't stop flying because that lets these scum win at shutting down the economy and make us stop traveling.

If everybody awake forces a pat down and makes a big scene about it and exposes the radiation dangers to everybody else in line then we will cause a massive nightmare for the perverts at TSA. They will eventually be forced to remove these scanners if we raise enough cain. Everybody has to wake up and man up and quit being a bunch of sheep being led to the radiation slaughter.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

"Not even dinner and a movie and you already got to third base."

"Don't you know how to make a girl feel loved."

"Here, lemme shift a bit, I don't think you've quite got my gooch yet."

Or my favorite, for the dramatist in the airplane terminal, there's the Jame's Bond approach:

"I've got a little itch, down there. Would you mind?...No! No! No! No! No! To the right. To the right! To the right!...Aargh! Yeah! Ahh! Ahh! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes...! Now the whole world's gonna know that you've just got done scratching my balls!"

It's even funnier if you're a guy saying it to a male screener. If nothing else a person can at least save a bit of face with comedy while being legally molested.
edit on 12-11-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

The Plan is Simple
1. If you absolutely, positively must fly, opt out of the scanners. Do it to protect your health and privacy.
2. If you can avoid flying, don’t fly. Hit the airlines in the pocketbook until the scanners and gropers are gone. Make the airlines work for us.
3. Raise holy hell. Register your disapproval of the scanners and gropers to your airline, your hotel and all government officials who claim to work for you. Educate your community.
=============================================================================================

I guess when another 911 happens it will be told that enough wasnt done.
I wonder what do people want, to be safe or not to be safe..not understanding this thread,the force is not with ths safty of this thread.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Umm so what if some screener sees a naked xray view of your body. What are you afriad of, someone starting a xray pRon site or something? LOL, those screeners could care less about anything but knifes, guns, explosives ect. I'm all for it if it'll keep creeps with intent on doing harm from taking a weapon on board.

My wife recently had to go through the screener, I laughed at her and we were joking about it.

If your concern is radiation exposure for pilots and those who fly daily or every other day perhaps they can be pre screened by the FBI so they get some type of card top bypass the scanner and only be subject to a radom screening once a month.

edit on 12/11/10 by Dantas because: add on

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have a friend that flies about twice a week for his job. There's alot of people, who businesses need up in the air
traveling...
If these people decided to just not fly for one day, or a week...'
it would affect much more than the airlines.
and these are the ones who are at most risk a experiencing the negative health effect of the radiation.
I hope the word gets out about this enough for them to opt into it.

It's really sickening...
they leave the borders practically unguarded, even while there what is danged near war migrating into the state....
na, won't touch that one...
but then, those terrorists, they are a huge problem!! ya, let's radiate the population, to protect us??
they are willing to endanger our health...but not give up their cheap labor!

here's something maybe they should think about:

www.spiegel.de...

one of the first things you do in a war is secure you own borders....
instead, they harassed our grandmothers, forced our mothers to drink their breastmilk, banned our children from bording planes...and now, they want to radiate us.....

sooner or later, one has to ask, who is the bigger threat?

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnarly

yes..a small risk, which increases the more you are exposed....
why do you think that doctors usually don't order them unless there is a genuine medical reason to?
and, why do you think one of the first questions that the xray tech will ask a women is weather or not she might be pregnant...and well, then usually give you a lead apron...just in case.

how many people do you know getting xrays twice a week??

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
Another prong on this attack should be verbally embarrassing the TSA employee conducting the "enhanced" pat-down.

What are the things we can say loudly, that are legal? I don't want to say hateful things, but I do want to say things loud enough that create a negative psychological emotional impact on the TSA screener who is aggressively touching my private parts.

Any suggestions?

Remember, we don't want to anger the screener, we want to embarrass them. We want to condition THEM to not to want to do what they are doing and/or quit their jobs over time.

When they start the grope, roll your eyes back in your head and loudly proclaim, "YES!...YES! YOU'RE SO GOOD...OH HONEY DON'T STOP!
or
As you leave the checkpoint, prance away saying, "OK, Sweetheart, see you at my place at 6. I'll have the covers pulled down.
or
As you're leaving, turn to the people waiting for their assault and tell them loudly, "Be sure and ask for (insert name of your fondler). He's good. And make sure he gives you the enhanced happy-ending pat down."

Then run like hell.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Don't fly? I plan on flying that day, and I'm going to jam a foil-wrapped potato down the front of my pants, too!!

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise
Don't fly? I plan on flying that day, and I'm going to jam a foil-wrapped potato down the front of my pants, too!!

I really, really, really wouldn't do that. Have you ever put a foil wrapped potato in a microwave. X-rays, especially those used in Compton back-scatter processes are very close in wavelength to microwave.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

Live free or die. Learn from the founders. Feel the forced with that.

Benjamin Franklin

They who can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

John Acton

Liberty is the condition of duty, the guardian of conscience. It grows as conscience grows. The domains of both grow together. Liberty is safety from all hindrances, even sin. So that Liberty ends by being Free Will.

James Madison

The advancement and diffusion of knowledge is the only guardian of true liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

The liberty of speaking and writing guards our other liberties.

John Adams

Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.

Henry B. Adams

Absolute liberty is absence of restraint; responsibility is restraint; therefore, the ideally free individual is responsible to himself.

Woodrow Wilson

Liberty has never come from the government. Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is the history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of the limitation of governmental power, not the increase of it.

Clarence Darrow

You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free.

You get the point. Security at the cost of Liberty is no reward but a retreat to cowardice. Liberty requires individual responsibility and dedication to its preservation even at the cost of temporary security.

edit on 12-11-2010 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Another article detailing the growing concerns of scientist that the x-rated body scanners pose a significant health and safety risk to the flying public. The more you are exposed the greater the danger.

Naked body scanners may be dangerous: scientists

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

can I ask why people in airports can take pic's off kids with no cloths on and its not a crime?

And before someone says they cant. You are wrong I have seen it with me owe eyes.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4nsicphd

Originally posted by signal2noise

I really, really, really wouldn't do that. Have you ever put a foil wrapped potato in a microwave. X-rays, especially those used in Compton back-scatter processes are very close in wavelength to microwave.

Well, then, on that note, I'll be leaving the foil behind.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Well if you must fly maybe dress as a muslin woman?

cnsnews.com...

This might be interesting, all passengers showing up in burkas

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Here is a recent very balanced news article on these abominations from the Washington Post. It is an editorial but seems pretty fair and informed in my opinion. Those human cows that think going to slaughter quietly is a good thing might want to review this before they hit the cattle guard at the TSA checkpoint

T&A at the TSA

Don't say you were not warned my sheeple.

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
2 men touch me, 2 PEOPLE touch me - my husband and my son.
I'm not flying ANY day with all this going on. Forget that.

I don't like anyone to touch me. I really, really don't.
edit on 12-11-2010 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Good for you. Stand up girl. Way to go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join