It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by manalien

Ah! So, you understand how I infused philosophy and a science into one paradigm.

Understanding how a culture functions can give great insight into why certain artworks are created. When I look at the crystal skulls for example, I see a society based upon a high admiration for death (self evident). The materials also indicate a sculpting complexity in which is uncommon for such a primitive society. However, we have seen massive Egyptian statues, which an intense attention to detail was a focal point. Was there some type of domestic cross cultural influence, or were these people influenced by something else?

If you consider the fact that Mayans and Egyptians created pyramid structures, we would have to entertain three schools of thought. (1) The Mayans were influenced by the Egyptians. -or- (2) Pyramids (triangles) are embedded into our psychological make up. -or- (3) Some unknown factor was an influence. Before we get to consider an unknown element, we have to eliminate the other more Earthly based ones.

Since we do not have enough information for numbers one and two, more research into the background of the pyramids needs to be done. We do know that triangles, squares, and circles are everywhere. Simplistic forms in which we use for shelter, transportation, and everything else. So, we can check that one off. We must not stop there though. While I am doing research on the subject, I will need to see if someone or something from Egypt made it over to the Mayans. Both share an eerie interest in the afterlife, and to some extent in nightmarish forms.

However, there is a Spanish influence in this whole mess. I will have to consider a third influence after all. Did they bring something over?

edit on 9-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

This afternoon I saw an interesting documentary on Sky regarding the Lake Titicaca and the ancient city of Tiwanaku.
There is some great information click here www.world-mysteries.com...
In the TV documentary they found that there could have been a connection between these ancient people and the Egyptian civilization.
So... it's Now 4am here in the UK and I am going to crash into bed. I am so tired I am seeing everything in stereo

Been a pleasure talking with you all here. Be back very soon to continue this interesting debate.
Peace!

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

reply to post by CHA0S

I can see merit behind such philosophical debate; however, I have a simple question for everyone. If modern mankind can make books of science-fiction and mythologies, what would stop a future society from not believing they were real events, places, and people?

Majority of the symbolism found in art, sculptures, and engravings comes from mythological and superstitious stories, which they have been passing down from one generation to the next.

Possible, but highly unlikely that many different cultures would create the same imagined ideas without reference to each other. We do this today by sharing ideas and then building on them via books, movies, internet etc. In ancient times they did not have these forums to share these ideas and therefore spread them.

Don't discount mythology! Where do myths come from? Someones imagination, or are they based on an event/events and then described later. Many cultures that are illiterate have excellent memories for handing down verbal stories - way better than we do. Verbal histories have been handed down through the ages to generations with little or no deviation from the core truth. I believe myths are based on actual events, and they are quite accurate in what they describe.

An excellent post by the OP, well done. I also have seen many but not all of these pictures, and yes a few of them can be attributed to the sun of astrological events, but most can't. I think the evidence of aliens visiting earth in the past is pretty strong - or were they actually humans who had evolved sufficiently for time travel? The paintings of Christ's crucifixion are interesting. If i could go back in time that would be one event I would want to witness (not because I am a sicko, but due to the historical significance of it). Just a thought....

link   

Nice find. I have to get offline now as well. I will be back tomorrow. I like how this thread is developing.

Keep going folks.

Connection between these pieces and mankind might be more complex than first thought.

link   
I think some of this may be related to topic, concerning Ancient Anomalies....

The Law of Association

Association of Ideas, or Mental association, is a term used principally in the history of philosophy and of psychology to refer to explanations about the conditions under which representations arise in consciousness, and also for a principle put forward by an important historical school of thinkers to account generally for the succession of mental phenomena. One idea was thought to follow another in consciousness if it were associated by some principle. The three most commonly asserted principles of association were similarity, contiguity, and contrast, but numerous others had been added by the nineteenth century. By the end of the nineteenth century physiological psychology was so altering the approach to this subject that much of the older associationist theory was rejected.

Nevertheless, the everyday observation of the association of one idea or memory with another gives a face validity to the notion. In addition, the notion of association between ideas and behavior gave some early impetus to behaviorist thinking. The core ideas of associationist thinking recur in some recent thought on cognition, especially consciousness.
Wikipedia's Article on "Association of Ideas"

Examples of "Association of Ideas" aka "Mental Associations":

1) Las Vegas
What do you think of when you think of Las Vegas? Think of the first three or five things that come to mind. Then hit the hotlink and notice that the FIRST TAB on the Las Vegas OFFICIAL website is....GAMBLING

Now "Gambling" by the very definition of the word is NOT a "Sure Bet" ... but rather... a ... VAGUE GUESS

Vague Guess = Vegas ... and most people LO$$ (Loss) because of a vague guess. Mental Association (through generations of conditioning, and possibly perceived biological obligations inherent to intracellular communication mediums)

Example #2:

When I think of Egypt I think of the pyramids.

When I think of the pyramids, I think of the big blocks of stones they used to make them.

When I think of the big stone blocks used to make the pyramids I think of a guy chipping away at a stone to make it into a block.

When I think "He Chipped" away at the stone....
He Chipped = Egypt

Sky adds names
sci....+.....names
sci..+...names
sci..+..names
sci+names

sci+names [mirror/reversed] seman+ics....semantics

I think this could be considered an ancient anomaly.

Just some neural linguistical observations,
ET

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

This is all shrouded in mystery. Yu can't be 100% right on this until there are some serious scientific projects done on this.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Section31

By the way there are pyramids all over the world:
Look Here
here
Here
Therest you can google yourself...
Peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

See that whole psychological thing was played out. Both in engineering stability, and the association of shapes.

Crazy.

reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

I know exactly what you mean.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

What is wrong with the idea of independent development? Do you think separate cultures cannot come up with similar architectural designs? It is not as if a pyramid is particularly complex after all. It is the most simple form for a tall structure.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

What is wrong with the idea of independent development? Do you think separate cultures cannot come up with similar architectural designs? It is not as if a pyramid is particularly complex after all. It is the most simple form for a tall structure.

That is the psychological thing I was exploring. Other words, different cultures can build things in similar fashion, but they live miles away from each other. As I said in one of my previous posts, the triangle is a fundamental shape that is embedded into our psyche. Similar to the circle and square. Since we understand these shape on a fundamental level, they are common to everyone across the globe. Even though I have never met you personally, who is to say that you never tried using them in the same manner as I do.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The most interesting part is the fact that all the figures resemble humans, or something very like humans, but most depict helmets being worn. Can it be that our atmosphere is not fit to be breathed (no pun here guys) or are they just "suited up" as in, ready for flight, being safe?

If the earth atmosphere is wrong for these guys I wonder exactly in what way?

Regarding the models of aircraft. They certainly look like modern fighters but let's not say that the vertical tail is "unknown in nature" as some have because most fish have vertical tails.

In the period of glamorous paintings that is so known in Europe it was customary for the artist to include little additions such as a dog or a couple of rats or a UFO. Sometimes little social or political statements were included in discrete ways. This was a fashion which was welcomed by patrons of the day. So, if UFO's are depicted it is because they were something that everyone was familiar with. Any of the included objects had to be recognizable things. That was the rule.

Maybe someday we'll all know for sure. Could be that UFO's and religion are closely related. It would make perfect sense if these "watchers or elder brothers" were actively "guiding" humanity. We would have certainly thought them "Gods". So when I read that Jesus was a UFO denizen I don't really laugh. Maybe he was.

tt
edit on 9-10-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

Well said my friend!!! I totally agree with your train of thought. It is imperative to hold these relics under close scrutiny and not discard their true intrinsic value.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Could humanity be experimenting with time travel, and somehow we accidentally influenced some aspect of our past

Directive: Act Mental

edit on 9-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Abbsolutely phenomenal finaly a compilation of well researched and cridible evidence all the haters can swallow

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Excellent thread, full of insight and very informative, S+F.

Very much looking forward to part 2.

I love all the ancient alien mysteries, really gets the mind ticking.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Alright, here is one of the issues I was having. The Abydos "helicopter" glyph thing, I had read at one time this was "fake".

Apparently it is several different "palimpsests" on top of each other.

The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking.

The text is part of the titulary of Ramesses II and can be translated as "The one of the Two Ladies, who suppresses the nine foreign countries." This replaces the royal titulary of Seti I that was originally carved into the stone. More technically, the actual "helicopter" seems to be a portion of the psd.t sign and the X3s.t sign on top of each other, with portions missing. An apparent change in scale also mucks things up.

Here is an image of the different texts overlapping.

As for the other things, I am in no positions to agree or refute your stance. The speculative evidence is great, though still speculative. Methinks I have much reading ahead.

(Source for the "fake helicopter")
www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Who is suprised this got so many flags?? Everything in the OP has been discussed here on this website ad nauseam and most of it debunked over and over again, but here it all is once again (and again, and again...).

I have an open mind about many things strange and bizarre, but fortunately my brains haven't fallen out and I do a little research before taking what some kook website states about a painting or a heiroglyph as fact. Some people just see a picture and don't ever bother to learn two-#'s about it and come up with some nonsense that it must be proof of aliens, reptilians...etc. Proof once again the majority of forum users on this site embrace ignorance wholeheartedly.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Look there are no such thing, look below for the OFFICIAL US AIRFORCE IDENTIFICATION CHART and you should agree with me that there is an answer for all UFOs thank you:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/567744e8183b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 10-10-2010 by theAymen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

Im really not suprised at all that this thread got so many flags. It is very well put together and much time probably went into putting it together so that alone deserves a flag IMO,

As for the information and pictures in the thread I would suspect most of us posting here have seen before but to have it all in one place is a big advantage. Personally I believe that the art is left up to interpretation and therefore can be speculated on but not concluded on. On another note I believe it is very possible for us to have been visited in the near and distant past but I do have a question for anybody wanting to answer in this thread.

We have science fiction books running rampant in todays literature. Why is it so hard to believe that this depections of art isnt just some form of non factual entertainment to this ancient people?

Anyways S & F OP

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by gaurdian2012

I can honestly say that there is no evidence that they represent extraterrestrials. I can honestly say there is no reason they cannot be artistic representations of spiritual concepts and myths.

No evidence that primitive simians had contact with aliens, Phage?

Evidence

Did you click on the link?

Well, that was totally uncalled for and inappropriate

Humor, it does a thread good once in awhile
ET

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Balkan

I think that post contribution sucked.

Originally posted by Balkan
Who is suprised this got so many flags?? ...blah blah blah, yada yada yada..... Proof once again the majority of forum users on this site embrace ignorance wholeheartedly.

Have a pleasant day you cute and adorable lunatic,
ET

edit on 10-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: are you reading these words? Because I'm typing them here for a reason. Thank you for your time Balkan. Have a great ATS day. That is all. You can stop reading now. No, really, you can stop reading this, I have nothing more to say. Why are you still reading this? I'm done typing now. What?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join