It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   
reply to post by Come Clean

You should relax. It's ok, honest. take a breath, or a brief reprieve from ATS, gather your thoughts, and re-engage. Argue/Debate the facts, share your opinion, but share why you believe what you believe, or why you entertain certain ideas and concepts.

No need to get too offended, and if your posts were not in violation in some degree of the Terms & Conditions, they would not have been censored and/or deleted.

In short: Please calm down. This is not a personal competition, it is a quest to understand things and learn. A group discussion.

Sometimes, however, the truth may be plural, and not as singular as our wills would like it to be, on certain issues

Phage is not the devil.
Mods are not the devil, either.

Breath,
ET

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I find this artwork interesting myself. I do believe it possible that we may have had ancient visitors. These bring up so many questions! More questions than answers in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It blows my mind when someone takes the time and effort to put this together.

I love it when I can go to one source and find so much infomation

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Come Clean

comeclean why dont you find an indirect way to get your point across and still stay on topic........ also i know how you feel I have been censored too........count to ten, breathe its just a message board and the topic is Ancient Anomalies and Aliens - Part 1: Art......see its easy.....and phage I am still waiting for an answer.........
edit on 9-10-2010 by gaurdian2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
nice summary, although i am pretty sure that most of it already has been posted on ATS. S+F nevertheless
edit on 9-10-2010 by nagabonar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by The Shrike

I don't think that you have or will prove your point. Curious, yes, definite no.

I didn't make this thread trying to make a definitive point, to think that would be possible is insanity. It's clear some people can just totally shrug all these pictures off without a second thought, and that's fine.

Some people will[/] shrug off these images after a second thought because the images don't mean that much to them as they seem to do to you. It's only normal. They don't mean that much to me either because I've seen them all and one cannot in 2010 come to a conclusion about the unknown. One can only wonder and move on. But being a realist, I don't see any association with visitors from other parts of the universe since I don't accept such visitors in the first place, now or in the past.

You see helmets, suits, etc., where you don't know what the originals were. You post erroneous images because you didn't do enough research in the right places which explain what you show as something else

I did actually get many pictures from a skeptical source, they try to debunk a good portion of these paintings, but I find their logic to mostly be invalid. I'll just repeat a point I made previously:

A skeptical source has no power over the images. They are available from many sources, nonskeptical as well. For example: "There are some very strange hieroglyphics in the Temple of Osiris at Abydos.
These glyphs depict highly developed crafts, specifically a helicopter, a submarine, some form of flying saucer, and a jet plane. What are these inscriptions all about?" ... "SkinWalker04-24-07, 01:34 PM
I have thoroughly debunked that palimpsest in other places. Once this thread is moved to its appropriate forum (Pseudodscience), perhaps I'll repost that debunking.

Edit: what the hell... I'll re-post it here:

There's a very good explanation that we archaeologists understand very well: a palimpsest combined with pareidolia. This palimpsest pops up from time to time. What we see here isn't a single inscription but two or three. As different pharaohs took over, they frequently had inscriptions updated with a very simple method that 'erased' the previous inscription: they had their scribes fill in the old script with plaster and inscribe a new one.

The original, un-retouched palimpsest is here:

www.catchpenny.org...

Here's an overlay of the two, and possibly three, different text layers. Each layer is translatable and has context.

www.catchpenny.org...

This is the text in it's context with the pharaoh's cartouche to the left.

www.catchpenny.org...

What the original text says is, "who repulses the Nine Bows" and the text that replaces it says, "who protects Egypt and overthrows the foreign countries." These are called titularies, or naming conventions of important people, in this case pharaohs. Specifically, the pharoahs in question are Seti I (for whom the first titulary of the palimpsest was dedicated to) and then his son and successor Ramesses II (for whom the second titulary of the palimpsest is dedicated).

The plaster of the palimpsest was eroded, probably by water leaking in through the ceiling. Notice, in the OP's first image the damaged ceiling and the direction of the damage is consistent with the eroded area of the palimpsest.

There are no "flying machines" in Egyptian antiquity. Sorry to disappoint the significance-junkies out there. But the mystery-mongers need not fret because the intricacies of the hows and whys of dynastic politics in Egypt's antiquity are many and little understood."

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

EDIT: This has gone too far, MODS, PLEASE BAN THIS PERSON AND REMOVE HIS DUPLICATE POSTS
edit on 9/10/10 by CHA0S because: (no reason given)

I second that. Come Clean needs a break. I've not seen any behavior by a member for some time now resembling this.

If you are not post banned for a few days Come Clean, please just sit back for a few hours on this issue. You are not doing anyone any favors by the repeating of the same post over and over.

It is unfortunate the discussion has declined, but Come Clean is bringing a detrimental element to an otherwise pleasant conversation.

Reverence for eachothers' inputs, views, and contributions, please.

Pleasantries,
John Paul G., USAF Firedog, (retired)
aka: ET

edit on 9-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: underlining seems to have .... bled over to my post ??? I sorta fixed it by [ /u] at beginning of my post

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

disregard post.
edit on 9-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Very intresting.

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Well presented and researched, I look forward to seeing your future threads on the subject.

S&F

posted on Oct, 9 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Out of all the artifacts in this thread, these are very mind boggling to comprehend. If we only knew an exact time period in which these pieces were constructed!?!?! Could humanity be experimenting with time travel, and somehow we accidentally influenced some aspect of our past?
edit on 9-10-2010 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join