It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian hung parliament

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Crud! I forgot to vote!

I knew there was something I hadn't done this weekend...

And Smedley, NuclearPaul has a point. Ego doesn't come into it. If anything it shows he's aware of the political landscape down here. Might as well throw a dart blindfolded to choose.

Cheers
Shane

[edit on 22/8/10 by shamus78]

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by wycky

You're forgetting that you are voting for a local candidate who represents your electorate in parliament.

5 or 6 extra votes probably would have no effect at all on the overall vote.

Best case scenario, you get 1 seat out of 150 with a rigged vote.

[edit on 22/8/10 by Chadwickus]

I understand one person wouldn't make a difference but a few people could make a difference. I was watching some of the election live and some electorates were winning by only a couple hundred votes.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

Funnily enough, a few equals 6 in this case.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Well this is exactly what i saw for Australia as soon as it happened in the UK and are on the same thought if this happens in the US it's an easy way of not getting anything done.

This could also be thought of a good way to calm the population if none can really blame one government for everything that goes wrong.

I'm just going to throw this out there could this be a way for a one world government to be thought of if it looks like democracy is failing. Could this be the over all plan by all the big cheeses maybe this is a time for the people to have someone of themselves to go for government someone who isn't one of them and drag all countries from war.

But in saying that could that just be playing into their hands aswell as it states in the UN rules a government must have an army that is big enough to supress the countries population. Whatever is going on I'm sure we will all have our conspiracy theories some may add up some could be just so far out there.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
as it states in the UN rules a government must have an army that is big enough to supress the countries population.

Where exactly is that stated? Unless you just made it up....

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by wycky

Funnily enough, a few equals 6 in this case.

LOL
I knew it would be a close election but I just can't believe how many people have voted for Labour after the mess they have made of things.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
as it states in the UN rules a government must have an army that is big enough to supress the countries population.

Costa Rica abolished their army in 1949. Under their constitution, an army is forbidden. And their still a member of the UN.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
In order to sway an electorate one must first own the media, then the outcome will be a little easier to determine.

Once again however people fall into the trap of believing that they actually have a say and vote for the party of their choice, business and an agenda was the reason for the outcome we got here in Australia.

We are now becoming victims of our own enviromental cause and as if on Que, the green party had a great show and is getting more and more powerful every election.

The greens didn't even have to campaigne as both major parties did nothing but hand disgruntled voters to them in droves as was probably the idea anyway.

For those unaware, the Greens basically want to give us a carbon tax and basically stop people from doing such things as hunting, fishing and basically anything that may cause a leaf to fall from a tree.

victims of the media and a catchy catch phrase of "Climate change"

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The one thing Gillard has done right is call the election as soon as she got into power, that was a huge risk for her to do that, but she wanted to be an elected PM, not a walk-in like a certain British fellow.

Well she had to call the election this year, thats the law. It couldnt be September due to the footy, or October/November due to State elections.
December is not a good time due to holidays and Xmas etc.
So she called the election pretty much as predicted, in fact, later than most predicted.

I guess Gillard must be upset that (if Labour does a backroom deal with Independants) she will again "NOT" be Australia's first "elected" female PM....

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
you can start with this video on you tube guy is a little boring but gets the point accross

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vkturbo

there is 4 parts to this video what he says might be a load of crap but i'd say he might not be

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
this video here has it written its at about the 8 minute mark but view all 4 videos.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by wycky

How can you say there is no way the election can be rigged ?? The ballot is done on pen and paper and no Id is needed to vote. I could have driven to 5 or 6 ballots in my area and made 5 or 6 votes.

Yes but only by stealing someone else's identity to vote.
This will show up when "John H. Smith of 69 Nowhere Street" voted twice in two different polling booths.

Now the last time this happened was during the election of Bob Hawke.
That was the election when all the dead people voted.

But that fraud was very quickly discovered by the Electoral Commission, that then sent people to ever house in Australia to check the electoral rolls were correct and up to date.

If multiple voting were to be discovered this time, that there were enough fraudulent votes to make a difference in the result, something will very quickly be done about it.

The system itself is not corrupt.
But phony multiple voting on a massive enough scale, enough to swing a result, would very quickly be discovered ,and probably a new election called.

It is not that it could not be done.,
But that if it were to be tried, it would be very quickly discovered.
The system we have in Australia works.

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
yes I am saying the world has it rigged.

reply to post by CynicalM

posted on Aug, 23 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join