It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Immortal slaves whose only method of death is to be killed by their handler? You're kidding right?!

No, I'm not kidding at all. I am deadly serious and in my minds eye that is how I perceive them being able to maintain their status and keeping their grip on the entire globe. This is just my opinion mind you and I provided no outside source as proof. Some things just come to me as I ponder the what ifs and this was one of them. When we consider the ruthlessness of the average Roman citizen from long ago, this is definitely in line with what they would be doing in the future.

The Quest For Immortality Want To Live 500 Years? One Scientist Says It May Be Possible One Day

But de Grey has gone way beyond describing the causes of degeneration. In a series of papers he has developed a theory he calls "Engineered Negligible Senescence". Simply put, it says science will soon enable us to grow old without aging.

www.cbsnews.com...

There is also a site called Immortality Institute - Advocacy and Research for Unlimited Life Spans. They cover everything from nanotechnology to organ development and I believe I am going to delve further into this group to see how and where they get their funding. I'll provide a link but again, this is my own theory that was spawned and expanded from Proto's so do not take it is a truth. Do your own digging and figuring and then share it with us as well!

www.imminst.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

It's important to understand that Israeli scientists recently proclaimed they have discovered the source of conciousness in the brain.

It will not be long until they can wire into that with wi-fi technology.

No really, I was enjoying the thread, up to this point. This is where my 'ding ding sounds true' becomes a 'ding-a-ling sounds nutty'

Even if scientists have discovered the source of consciousness in the brain (that's news to me that consciousness calls the brain it's home), it's a way too big leap for my credibility meter to go all 'star trek wifi mind control' about it.

I reached my limit - thanks guys for the ride to here, but this is my stop. It was fun and somewhat empowering up to page 18/19. All the best.

[edit on 27/4/10 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ah, found it. Like I said, I only scanned the earlier posts, and as I was at college, the filter must have blocked the images, my apologies.

Still, that is just one, seemingly recent document which cites no historical sources.
I understand that you must protect the anonymity of your sources, so I won't press you to reveal them. However, as a result, I must remain skeptical.
Apart from that one element though, I would say your theory is at least plausible.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Emphursis]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

It's quite alright Roger T, I completely understand, you have some food for thought, on a lot of different avenues.

I am sure as time goes on, and events unfold, having that knowledge no matter how distrurbing or unlikely those things might seem in the present, will bring you some added perspective in the future.

Thanks for participating.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If you want to see thigns, you have to open up your mind, and follow the money, and follow the contracts.

History books are infomercials and entertainment to dumb you down.

I am simply putting what I know and feel to be the truth out there, and I do guard some of my sources of information for their protection and mine.

The one who will suffer most for not knowing the real truth of things, will be the one who perfers not to know it.

[edit on 27/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

Okay. The buck stops here. I've SEEN this kind of line many times here on ATS from charlatans. That's a very clever way of you to cover your rear behind under the pretense of protecting anonymous sources.

Why don't they just come on here and spill it? You're doing EXACTLY the same thing that a certain Ryan was infamous for in the Serpo thread a few years ago.

You may not agree with me and you have every right to an opinion, but this is exactly the vibe I'm getting from this thread. You're asking us to be ignorant of the historical facts and rely on your word by faith alone. Sorry "Jesus", but I don't roll that way.

Thank you.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Thanks, Mithra is an interesting historical figure that has been forgotten by too much of history. Mithra was very popular in Rome for awhile, and then Christianity took over. I think Christianities success is because of its promise of an after life in heaven.

I think it is an open debate whether or not Christ actually lived, but the Jewish prophets were certainly looking for Christ to be born. When you read the gospel, what Christ said is brilliant. His philosophy on how to live was very advanced.

I think Catholicism chose Christianity because it was so well developed, and had such great promise. Then they perverted the philosophy and turned it into a religion brilliantly capable of enslaving people.

While Christ believed in forgiveness, the Catholic church turned just about all human desire into a sin, which is not at all what Christ taught, or even Judaism, and then the Catholic church assigned themselves as the forgivers of sin, which is completely contrary to the teachings of Christ. This last is the biggest con of them all.

The lure of eternal life in heaven brought people into the religion, and then Catholicism entrapped people with the unrealistic demand of moral conduct, which forced people to avoid all desire for pleasurable activities in order to keep their hopes for an eternal life going. The more sins the Catholics created, the more money they could demand for people in order to pay their way into heaven.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanctum1972

I believe I already have explained why I don't divulge everything my friend in the way of sources.

In fact the buck stops here! But I appreciate you would like me to compromise my own promises to other people, for the sake of your own curiousity.

What you choose to believe is up to you.

Once again, there is so much evidence to support that all events are being manipulated by Rome, to fill warehouses, and it's all around you, it's on your money, in the edifices of the halls of power, government and commerce, it's in your laws, it's in your science, it's in your religion.

So if you want to believe coming to that conclusion, and doing some basic research of your own, into all the wealth of evidence that is out there, is entirely contingent upon me divulging a source of information I promised to keep secret...that's your right.

You might though want to ask yourself, what we all would potentially gain, in the way of your curiosity being satiated at the expense of my word to another?

Are you then going to save the world for us? Or move on to the next thread to throw down the internet gauntlet while ignoring all the other overwhelming evidence involved in something that in reality, is right in your face already?

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't know about immortality, but the next generation, or the one after that, might be enabled to live lives several hundred years long. The evidence is pretty strong that our genetic code is what triggers the aging process, and that could be turned off.

Animals are flesh and bones just like humans, when they live in healthy environments, why do they still have such short lives? Why does their cellular structure breakdown so much more quickly than our own?

But will this technology be released to the common man?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

We live on a slave planet, it is a mining operation, everything else is in support of that, and we are being controlled by false religious doctrines and lies!

Thanks!

Totally agree with your entire post to my question.

I don't really wholeheartedly believe the Terra Papers (or any of them) - only follow along those lines.

I do think evolution is an ongoing process in all aspects of creation from the beginning (whatever/whoever). I definitely believe we are recycled - - but that some consciousness do "graduate" - so to speak.

I'm thinking today - who do I know I could show a transcript of your original post - that they would not "flip a wig". Not One Soul.

Its a very effective campaign.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Hi Annee, yes they sure have done a good job at battoning down all the hatches on us.

I still believe we have the upper hand though, there are just so many more of us!

If we could just learn to stop being so easily manipulated into thinking with our emotions instead of our minds, I believe there is still plenty of time for us to change it all.

Call me an optimist!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

translation: " i realize you have evidence that what's being said by proto is not entirely accurate and is outrageously condescending and insulting for billions of people down thru history, crossing various belief systems and cultures, yet i feel it is my duty to inform you that your offering of evidence to show how proto is wrong, is not appreciated and proves you are weak minded and should leave the thread to save yourself any further grief."

that's some twisted up logic there, jack.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by jackflap

translation: " i realize you have evidence that what's being said by proto is not entirely accurate and is outrageously condescending and insulting for billions of people down thru history, crossing various belief systems and cultures, yet i feel it is my duty to inform you that your offering of evidence to show how proto is wrong, is not appreciated and proves you are weak minded and should leave the thread to save yourself any further grief."

I don't understand. How is it condescending, and who is he insulting?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hey my friend, I realize you have some theories regarding the Babylonian mystery religion that are important to you but, the truth is the fact is the thread is about how Rome controls most aspects of our existence and government and finances.

Just a thought, but if you have a really strong theory or heck even a really weak one, on how you fell your Babylonian mystery religion plays into the world, and current events, why not make a thread about it?

I am sure all of us would be happy to read it!

There is no need to invent words that you imagine other people are saying that they aren't.

Jackflap seems very willing to entertain and discuss your theories, and there is no need for anyone not to be cordial here.

The Topic of the Thread though really is about Rome, and while you can draw a line from all kinds of other religions from all kinds of other regions into Rome, you haven't really drawn a line there from Rome to how those are really influencing how Rome runs the world.

At least not how I can see.

You certainly are welcome to keep trying to establish it, I think most people here are open minded, but lets try to keep the thread on topic please.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emphursis

Ah, found it. Like I said, I only scanned the earlier posts, and as I was at college, the filter must have blocked the images, my apologies.

Still, that is just one, seemingly recent document which cites no historical sources.
I understand that you must protect the anonymity of your sources, so I won't press you to reveal them. However, as a result, I must remain skeptical.
Apart from that one element though, I would say your theory is at least plausible.

[edit on 27/4/2010 by Emphursis]

This is my feeling. The story in general? yeah, very plausible with lots of supporting evidence. Specific elements? Well, not so logical but seemingly thrown in just because they were a close fit and make the story more fun.

But i believe that Caesar didn't die until far later. Just my dos centavos.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Oh, it gets better. As far as twisted goes I am beyond anything you can possibly imagine so I will not take you on the tour as of yet. I am sorry if my post offended you in any way. It was not my intent.

Nor do I wish you to leave the discussion. I just noticed that you were trying to validate either the Epic or the Bible and honestly it was confusing the hell out of me. I came to the conclusion, all on my own, that you were hurt by Proto's theory.

I offered the advice that I did because I wanted you to know that you can still hold on to your belief system and investigate the very 'in our face' theory that Proto has put forth. You need only look around to see validation of the theory. It is something tangible that can be addressed without re aligning everything that you hold dear.

God will still be God and for all we know He wants us to see this theory. To look at the war machine that is given Carte Blanche to do what it wants when its masters tell it to because our opinions have already been formed as to what should happen. Do you see it?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

She has. Look up her "Stargates Are Real" thread. Some of the most outstanding work i have ever seen.

And you get the added treat of watching one of ATS top members (in my humble opinion) grow as a researcher and in her knowledge.

Some of the best reading on this site. I think you would really enjoy it.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No doubt about Annee is a tremendous poster and content contributor here on ATS. I have been enjoying her posts since I have become a member.

Very sharp.

Shades of Recon Pilot and Zorgon and others.

Hopefully we can find one of those stargates and get out of here one day, with my luck I would hit the wrong button and just end up some place worse!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Not knocking Annee....but i referred to Undo.

Edit to add: you had suggested that Undo write a thread on her Babylonian Mysteries stuff. I was letting you know that she has. It is a couple hundred pages of brilliance. Lots in there from Zorgon, too.

Man, i miss Zorgon. I hope he gets finished and comes back to ATS.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

First off: What a great and interesting read PT. Very well written and thought out. It definitely is making me re-evaluate some things.

However, some of your own comments undermine your position.

Undo and ZeroKnowledge brought up some valid and specific points which you casually waved away by restating that they are all lies concocted by Rome.

You basically say "Oh it's all made up by Rome, that ancient history is a lie, it doesn't matter, doesn't factor in, because it's all part of the plan that Rome has laid out." You know who else uses that kind of reasoning in defense? Churches. "Oh it all happens for a reason. It's God's will. The Bible says it. The Church doesn't lie." So forgive me but I have to take your work as a bit of pseudo-fact.

You also dismiss archeologists because "they are paid by grants" and thusly can be paid off. You then go to say:

"Pay me enough money, I will tell everyone the sun is the moon for you if you like.

Heck pay me five dollars and I will."

So what guarantee do we have that your Epic post, which you did by your own admission at someone's request, wasn't the result of a deliberate misdirection attempt that you're part of?

With both my points, I'm not outright denying what you've written about. In fact I find it quite compelling, but after reading other people's comments and your replies, I've found your stance to be a bit questionable unfortunately. One, like so many others, that is based around ignoring anything but that which supports your viewpoint.

Rest assured, however, that you've definitely picked my interest and minutely raised my belief in the "all roads lead to Rome" theory. I'm intrigued, and will be putting some renewed attention on Rome and the history around it, if only to debunk or help prove your stance.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

the majority of the info i wrote about wasn't even remotely babylonian! babylon is where the info gets distorted by the enuma elish and the marduk legends.
timeline guys, timeline!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join