It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. plans drive to limit salt in foods

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by undo

Remember the war between Monsanto and organic growers that refuse their manipulated seeds, the Monsanto fields infects the crops of the organic growers during pollination, that was made into a law sue by Monsanto against organic growers for supposedly stealing their seeds.

Is still going on.

The manipulated seeds actually yield plants that the seeds are hybrids meaning the infected plants can not produce seeds.

Millions Against Monsanto Campaign

www.organicconsumers.org...

Organic growers want Monsanto away from their sugar beets

www.pakistannews.net...

Monsanto is spreading their mutating seeds and pollen all over the world.

Then you wonder if that is what is killing our bees as they play a major role on pollination.

I'd love to give you about about a hundred stars for putting this information up. Brave New Books here in Austin has a great shirt with the logo that says "Monsatan". I would post more but I don't want to derail the topic. Great post!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Hon, is not difference into government and the FDA regulating salt and the Monsanto control of food supplies.

Is all in the same agenda.

Just remember that anything the government and FDA gets into is not mean to be safer or healthier for the consumer.

The track record is too long and very deceiving.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No kidding. Thinking back I can remember being told that:

* Chocolate was bad (helps keep blood pressure down)
* Milk caused cancer (they still can't decide if it does or if it prevents it)
* Fats are all bad, no they're good, no they're all bad except this one
* Soybeans are good for you (too much soy suppresses your thyroid, may also increase the risks of breast and prostate cancer)
* Tofu is good for you (has been linked to dementia)
* This food says diet on it so it's healthier than the regular version (causes cancer in lab rats)

And the list goes on and on. Meanwhile we keep getting unhealthier while trying to follow all these new guidelines they come up with on what foods are healthy and what aren't only to change their mind a few years later. It makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talvar
I sometimes wonder what it would take for some people to decide that the government had gone too far...

As long as the government is trying to push something on everyone that they've already chosen for themselves they don't care. Just wait till it's something they haven't chosen for themselves, then they'll get to lie in the bed they're making.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Its linked to profit making, the America public is very gullible and very easily manipulated by propaganda specially media geared one.

Just look at the Pandemic of 2009 and the follow up vaccination.

Yes Americas are smarter but easily manipulated.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Some of you just can't help but turn everything into a conspiracy though, you got to admit.

I was under the impression that they are ONLY just limiting foods that contain high unneeded amounts, and not taking salt out completely and killing everyone by salt deficiency, and murdering everyone with fake salt alternatives, and enslaving us and taking control of the food we make in our homes......

wow.
evil.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Yep, I agree. I caught all kinds of flack from my family for refusing the swine flu shots for me and my kids, yet not a one of us caught it. Or any other flu for that matter. It's all about the latest craze and low sodium is the current one. A few years from now they'll move on to something else that they'll tell us is going to kill us all if we don't stop eating it and salt will be forgotten and put in the box with all the other foods that have made it through this cycle.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Have you not read all the posts in this very thread advocating that very thing? And you wonder why I commented on it.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Actually is one ingredient that keep showing up as having a big role in obesity in America and that is Corn syrup, sadly even with all the independent studies and looking at the America consumer health since its introduction in the 70s the government and the FDA has done nothing to stop the use of this additive in food.

Now you find it in almost everything in our food supplies and is been considered more dangerous than salt, because it targets our children.

[edit on 21-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No kidding. Thinking back I can remember being told that:

* Chocolate was bad (helps keep blood pressure down)
* Milk caused cancer (they still can't decide if it does or if it prevents it)
* Fats are all bad, no they're good, no they're all bad except this one
* Soybeans are good for you (too much soy suppresses your thyroid, may also increase the risks of breast and prostate cancer)
* Tofu is good for you (has been linked to dementia)
* This food says diet on it so it's healthier than the regular version (causes cancer in lab rats)

And the list goes on and on. Meanwhile we keep getting unhealthier while trying to follow all these new guidelines they come up with on what foods are healthy and what aren't only to change their mind a few years later. It makes no sense.

Exactly, thanks for listing more, I was trying to think of other examples.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Some of you just can't help but turn everything into a conspiracy though, you got to admit.

I was under the impression that they are ONLY just limiting foods that contain high unneeded amounts, and not taking salt out completely and killing everyone by salt deficiency, and murdering everyone with fake salt alternatives, and enslaving us and taking control of the food we make in our homes......

wow.
evil.

There were silly people under the impression that there would be a solvent Social Security trust fund for many years after it's inception also!

Trust BIG government! They care about YOU!

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

wow. evil.

I don't think it is a conspiracy, I don't know what it is.

[edit on 103030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Well, I'm just glad the government has limits on the amount of human waste that is in my drinking water. How about you?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Hon our water supplies has more than you think, its getting full of big pharma by products from all those over medicated consumers.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I know all that too...

...that is why I said LIMIT. There IS a limit. I don't know about limits on the medications though. I wish there was one! I would probably get ridiculed by people for wanting the government to limit something.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

wow.
evil.

If you look at the government's history of accurately defining what is and what is not considered healthy for consumption, you will see a very long list of recommendations that have been altered, changed, and altogether removed throughout the years.

Further, many of the government's attempt to control what we eat has lead to the development of even more dangerous substances -- such as rBST [recombinant bovine growth hormone]. Their use explodes, and then years later, we simply find out how dangerous that is as well.

It's a vicious cycle in which the consumer is constantly trapped. We continually end up paying more for the same, similar, or worse products since the manufacturers never cut into their own profits in order to make these adaptations. Then, we habitually find out that the new recommendations were either altogether wrong or at the very least, inadequate and need to be reevaluated yet again. This, once again, drives the costs up.

What bothers me the most however is that this is constantly being tauted as something to combat obesity and other health problems. Meanwhile, the recommendations of "new acceptable levels" are always catered to the "average healthy person". Unfortunately, the core group of people that this is supposed to help, aren't able to safely consume those levels either. Therefore, they have to alter the numbers on the back of the packages in order to know how much they can safely eat. Couldn't they simply do this now?

Why do we need more government workers to oversee the new initiatives and ensure its enforcement, on top of raising the price of the products themselves? If people would just do the math themselves based on the information already available on Nutrition Labels, we wouldn't need any of this.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

No, you will not be ridiculed, I am very aware of the big pharma pill popping over medicated nation that we have become and how the by products from from human waste is finding itself into our water supplies.

Specially anti depressants and synthetic hormones.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
FDA now reporting 150,000 lives per year could be saved, by just cutting the amount of sodium in processed foods.

How do they ascertain those figures? I have no idea.

Anyway....Bye guys! Good thread.

Perhaps they use the same type of "math" that claimed the Stimulus Bill would save or create 2 million jobs???

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Actually corn syrup is yet another one they keep changing their minds on. First it was bad and now they're saying it might not be as bad as they originally thought. They just can't make up their minds about anything.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Very nice post

Actually any of the government and FDA recommendations has made Americans skinny or healthier for the contrary, now we are facing an epidemic of Child obesity like never before in this nation, children are becoming diabetic and hypertensive, more money and profit making for big pharma, we depend on drug manufactures to take care of our health needs.

Is a reason why the Food and Drug Administration goes hand in hand.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join