It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TRUE Evil: The Christian Agenda

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

You call this rant-a-thon of "I'm right and you're wrong and evil." reasoned? Um, ok.

And how about no? You are not required to read it, juzt do what I do and not read it.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

In every sect of life you find normal everday good people and then you find overbearing pig headed idealogues. IN EVERY FAITH AND CULTURE you find people that fit both descriptions.

Indeed, and I tend to find them hiding behind a fish and lurking in places that offer them the opportunity to have my children live as they do.

So long as there is but one person out there creeping around ready to shove a bible down my child's' throat I will respond in this manner.

When xtians (no I can't be bothered to spell something I don't hold in reverence) keep their deluded beliefs and invisible friends to themselves, these type of threads will no occur.

It is that simple matey boy , you can have Superman, Leprechauns or Skippy the bush kangaroo and grovel to them all year long I don't care it doesn't effect me.

You can offer me a drink from your cup in an act of kindness, but don't you dare sneak into my kitchen and pour your water into my tea pot should I decline.

Your were commanded to pray in your closet, but you choose to pray in my house and insist that I pray with you.

To be honest, If I had absolute faith that jesus is what he is claimed to be why on earth would I need to come here and set myself up as some sort of protector of the omniscient.

Why on earth does the creator of the universe need a bodyguard ?

This all sounds like what Jaxon Robert calls Fragile Faith Syndrome -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeathShield
reply to post by moocowman

I'm pretty sure he means the one in the bible. Jesus of Nazareth.

The scriptures refer to a jesus that hung around Galilee a nazorean there wer plenty of them about. As I understated it someone stole the sign that read "Nazareth Population 2".

[edit on 27-2-2010 by moocowman]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Quick and easy way for proof. Put your God and Jesus ON HERE and let him defend his own self. he's so big, so powerful, so this and so that He must be a big enough boy to come on here and set everyone right.

*hears crickets*

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Not reading it does not make it go away. The first problem is that Xtians are proselytisers hence need to get thir perspective into everything freakin discussion. If you don't believe me then look at the last 24 hours of threads.

What is even worse is that there is an unholy marriage of church and state. America is a Xtian country! all of the major holidays are Xtian and there is a big show of the politicians observing their Xtian activiities (whilst ripping of the rest of us).

There is a xtian right agenda.

I actually have a religion but don't need to argue it on here.

T

[edit on 27-2-2010 by Tiger5]

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

Ah. I see, because you do not wish to see Christians talking about their beliefs they must stop. In a thread that is specifically attacking them none the less.
Are you sure you even know what rationality means?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Are you serious? Do you realise just how many holes and how illogical that argument is?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Are you sure you even know what rationality means?

Sometimes you strike me as humorless so I thought you might be interested in this UK version Of Dr Phil. Not to go off topic the patient with relgious rationality issues is a 1.27 of the clip

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Are you serious?

Deadly serious.

Do you realise just how many holes and how illogical that argument is?

Nope- because according to the BIBLE ITSELF- God is capable of anything. God is unlimited in power and scope. Until the Christians themselves limit this so called power, like you just did. Hence, 'god' is only as powerful as you christians pretend him to be, no more. Hence, making out this deity to be a fake, a falsehood, a story, a fairytale, a comic book character. Superman is the same way- one issue has him able to push a whole planet, the next, he gets crippled by a 6 year old holding a green rock. There's explanations galore as to why 'god' cant, wont, ect- isnt there? But not ONE. GOOD. REASON. Why he can.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by rleexray

I didn't read your entire post.
I am a fundamental christian and read the King James Bible.
A christian is a sinner saved by grace.
We live by faith,not by sight.
We also live by God's grace,not by the law.
Any true christian understands these things.

In the judgment,many will claim to have known Jesus.They will
mention all the good works they performed in Jesus' name.
Jesus will answer that He never knew them and to depart ye workers
of iniquity.

When you have Jesus in your heart,you want to please Him.You
should never be forced to serve,you should be willing to serve.
I feel,when people are forced into any religion,it causes resentment.
People don't like being told what to do.These same people,will end
up,hating any authority,blaming all their problems on religion.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
All of it relying on Blind Faith...

Blind Faith leaves one unable to see the endless possibilities...
JaxonRoberts on ATS

That is a lie for those that cannot see the endless possibilities.

Blind faith has nothing to do about infinite chaos.

Blind faith is merely a tool to allow any sense of ordinary time to exist.

Blind faith is a choice: there is only one ordinary time line and everybody exists subsequently on the time line; and, everybody has there own ordinary time line in parallel.

Both as true is a lie. One big fat lie.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I've replied to your posts before in other threads. I just want to say that what you have said here was extremely disrespectful and just simply wrong.

There is no such thing as a real Christian Theocracy. At least there won't be until Yeshua (Jesus Christ) returns and sets up his kingdom. Why should any of us Christians even bother trying to rule over others.

You are claiming the motives and faults of "Christian Leaders" as the motives and agenda of the Christian Faith. Our agenda: Love God and Love people. I don't see how that fits in with ruling over them.

I won't argue my point because you have already rejected it. This is my only post in this thread unless I am asked to respond to something. I am sorry that you have decided to reject God and spit in His face. I pity you and the judgment you have chosen for yourself and gladly proclaimed.

Farewell

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

I happen to agree with Jaxon also, very well said. I have studied the Bible and related books for many years now, and as an avid researcher, I can tell you all that Book religions are all based on Egyptian Sun worship. I have to hand it to the inventors of religions, whoever it was, and i suspect it was the Annunnaki, did a really good job of dividing the people and filling them with lies and innuendo. I reckon when they return, if they do, many Christians will fall down to worship them, and no doubt Muslims too.
I often her people say things about their "Lord," I wonder if these people actually know what the word "Lord" and the word "Worship" really means? Good post, Jaxon.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I think it's a shame that Christianity has to be singled out specifically. Is it the only religion that has some followers preaching hate and intolerance. Is it the only religion that has followers trying to convert people from other faiths? Is it the only religion that is against homosexuality?

No it is not. You will find it prevalent in other major religions too. So why is it so common and acceptable to denounce Christianity? Yet, if another religion like Islam is questioned on these things we are made to feel guilty for asking.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Allow me illustrate what I meant since I'm just getting nothing more than another anti-religious rhetorical rant here. Put Socrates and Gravity on the keyboard or they don't exist.
Which is absurdly silly for multiple reasons just like your statement. But I do realise most people's ability for criticality of their own conclusions is lacking but come on.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Well all I want to see is some kind of time and place as I want to have a non religious debate. Please take a look at the Coca cola affair and tell me if the entire "my interpretation of the book is better than yours arguement" helps clarify sensible debate or not.

I await your opinion

T

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

We also live by God's grace,not by the law

So why did yahwhe create for you laws not to live by ?

Here is a law -

(Lev 17:10-14 NKJV) 'And whatever man of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who dwell among you, who eats any blood,

And here is the punishment fro breaking the law, the worst possible punishment

I will set My face against that person who eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people. [11]

No where in the bibles does Yahweh suspend this law nor the penalty for breaking it.

Not even when yahweh changes his name to jesus -

It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." Luke 16:17

Well that's pretty unambiguous, so let's now look at grace -

1 a : unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification

Nope no laws repealed hear either and I can't seem to find mention of a woman called Grace in the scriptures.

So it would appear M, in the case of consuming blood as an example law, this law has not at anytime been repealed by its' author. This is not surprising really since said author is claimed to be unchanging.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I often her people say things about their "Lord," I wonder if these people actually know what the word "Lord" and the word "Worship" really means?

We may well be reading from the same hymn book here, I recently came across a claim that worship is derived from workship ie to work for the lord . I forget where at the moment but out of curiosity what is your take on Lord and worship ?

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Quick and easy way for proof. Put your God and Jesus ON HERE and let him defend his own self. he's so big, so powerful, so this and so that He must be a big enough boy to come on here and set everyone right.

*hears crickets*

UMHMMMM, keep mocking, people.

that's all I am going to say.

posted on Feb, 27 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I agree with the OP in some ways. I do believe that organized religion is a bad thing. I will go as far as to say that it's not just one disease but each one it's own separate disease infecting and destroying different parts of mankind. I believe that most aspects of any religion is based on lies but that does not mean all followers are bad. Sometimes people can be infected with a disease but show no symptoms.

Sadly, the only cure I see for these diseases is to come up with a bigger lie than all of them combined. One so big that everyone would believe it. It may not seem like the right thing to do or even possible to do but maybe it would act as a vaccine to the other diseases.

I'm going to stop now because I could rant for pages on the subject.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join