It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bets on 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'll take your bet and will offer $100,000 if anything happens on Dec 21,2012. Anyone interested please contact me, I will arrange all paperwork through my attorneys, and we will meet in Las Vegas, Nevada to sign and close the bet.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr_skepticc
I'll take your bet and will offer $100,000 if anything happens on Dec 21,2012. Anyone interested please contact me, I will arrange all paperwork through my attorneys, and we will meet in Las Vegas, Nevada to sign and close the bet.

I accept this new challenge.

Draw up the contract with the following addendum(s):

1) $100,000 is paid to me, NOW (at the time documents are signed) (a fair stipulation, since 'my crazy-conspiracy ass' KNOWs we won't be here, in order for me to benefit from this wager, I need to enjoy it now - agreed?)

2) That we adjust the 'date' from "anything happens on Dec 21,2012" to read more like my original proposal (a few posts up) of you or I not being in a position to complete the transaction AFTER 2012 - December 21st in cosmic/galactic terms is a little TOO specific for such a cataclysmic event - but rest assured something IS coming around then. So...

3) If we ARE still around on May 29, 2013* (My birthday after 'the end of the world'
), I will owe you the amount of $220,000 - obviously, to cover the $100K you spotted me plus the $100K that I now owe you, and I even threw in $20K for the high-yield stock (yeah, right) that you could've invested the ca$h in over that time period instead of giving it to me.

I'll even be in Vegas from Dec 23 - Dec 27, that's two and a half weeks from now [weren't expecting that sh*t, were ya?] - but, don't let that stop you - I'm there at least 3 or 4 times a year.

That's about as fair and reasonable as it gets. Step up or shut up, tough guy.

*Hey, you think NOTHING is gonna happen, right? What's another 6 months to honor my Bday?

[edited for grammar and spelling, only]

[edit on 12/8/2009 by SquirrelNutz]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxCONDEMNEDxX
2012 is the beginning of a series of unfortunate events that eventually lead to the end. It is not the end, it is the beginning of the end. I realized this myself once I put more thought into the subject. You have to fully understand and realize that some things are simply just the beginning of what may lead to an inevitable end. Even after 7 years of death and destruction, civilization will be reborn again and this world will continue to prosper until it reaches the next century. If you know what to do and where to go, you'll live to tell of your 2012 experiences for years to come. Whatever happens, just accept it.

What if 2012 comes and goes like any other year, how would that change the way you view your universe?

I'm kind of excited about that year, for I'm curious to see just what everyone who believes it is the beginning of the end that is a new beginning will say.

My personal view is I think people want to think they are special (indigo children ,alien abductions, unable to duplicate or prove mental powers...etc), and/or want to live in special times because it sucks to be normal in a normal world controlled by boring physics.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xelamental
Obviously some of you believe that 2012 apocalypse/aliens/etc is going to happen.

I would like to place a bet with you. We will require a signed contract. I will pay you some money now, and if nothing happens by 2013, you will pay me 20x the amount. If what you say does happen, I will get no money back.

What you will need to do is lay out your claims for what you think will happen, and how we can verify it.

What I really want to find out, does anyone really believe all this rubbish about 2012, or is it all talk - I guess this will prove it... is ATS full of faux-believers?

[edit on 17-11-2009 by xelamental]

HAHAHA I couldn't help but laugh! But...If you are serious I give you two thumbs up for having the balls.

I would re-word the bet to this....

You will pay $100K if something happens....

If it does...you may be lucky (or unlucky) enough that you don't have to pay!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

If you “know" something is going to happen then why are you not putting all your efforts into preparing for it? A trip to Las Vegas doesn’t seem like you believe your own convictions and so I would say you’re just blowing smoke.

First do you have the means to pay back 220k? I could do this to with you too, but I would need to see your assets and means of income, for reality would need to play into this at some point and to setup an agreement with someone who lives in a 600 a month apartment working for 30k a year (as example) would be like throwing money out the window.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Did you think about that post before pressing enter, or just go...?

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

If you “know" something is going to happen then why are you not putting all your efforts into preparing for it? A trip to Las Vegas doesn’t seem like you believe your own convictions and so I would say you’re just blowing smoke.

1) What the hell do you think I'd be doing with (at least a portion of) the money? Obviously, using it to help myself contend with the upcoming event, but also 2) (Vegas) enjoying what little time I have left, in case afore mentioned efforts are fruitless.

First do you have the means to pay back 220k? I could do this to with you too, but I would need to see your assets and means of income, for reality would need to play into this at some point and to setup an agreement with someone who lives in a 600 a month apartment working for 30k a year (as example) would be like throwing money out the window.

1) How about asking that question to the proposer (or yourself)?! Does HE (do YOU?) even have the means to offer the original bet? (but, I think we know which camp you're in, so you've already taken on the tone that *I'm* the antagonist here).

2) But, regardless, you don't think that we (he and I, AND the lawyers) are intelligent enough to do a little research ahead of time to make sure moneys would be able to be paid? I assure you, I am debt free, have the capital/assets to cover my end, and am no '30-thousandaire'. It is ludicrous on your part to think that a bet of this magnitude wouldn't be given its due diligence.

Next challenge...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

1) What the hell do you think I'd be doing with (at least a portion of) the money? Obviously, using it to help myself contend with the upcoming event, but also 2) (Vegas) enjoying what little time I have left, in case afore mentioned efforts are fruitless.

Actually I find it all amusing…. So just what you are doing to prepare for the up and coming events, or are you just planning on sitting back with your last case of Jack Daniels when it comes. In either case it doesn’t sound to assuring that you will have any means after the big one doesn’t happen.

I personally wouldn't bet with anyone who actually needs the winnings or up front money for anything. I'm sure all those lawers and legal papers stopped people from just walking away from home morgages. Wait...nope they didn't....

Well one can sue, but when you try to sue someone who has little you are just throwing good money after money already gone....

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Deep caverns, work in Missouri and Kansas? All adds up to solar flare.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by aristocrat2
Deep caverns, work in Missouri and Kansas? All adds up to solar flare.

So is that the end, giant solar flares that will weaken the earth's magnetic field?

One thing I find interesting is how so many allude to natural disaster(s) in epic proportions. This will also then be the first time out of millions (billions) of predictions to actually be known BEFORE it happens and not just finding causality with prediction after events happen

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

in order

ha ha In all honesty, the Jack and Coke (and herb) is probably how I'd contend with the situation - think about it, IF you are even one of the 'lucky' ones to survive, would you want to be around? Why wouldn't I have the means? no longer a need to dive into my assets/savings with my newly acquired $100K, right? It'll all still be there.

I don't actually 'need the winnings up front' but what other way - in this unique case - do you see for making a fair bet where the winner gets to enjoy his winnings? I think my proposal is the ONLY way - please propose a better alternative, rather than just poo-poo-ing mine. [you have to admit, my idea is the most logical]

Funny, on the mortgage line ;-p

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
i dont understand why everyone in here thinks that this is such a joke....did everyone miss my previous post??? i still pose the question i asked....maybe those of you thinking its so funny should stop and think....what if the world does end or what if i do end up dying from all the cataclysms that are supposed to happen...will i be prepared for such a thing? or am i going to sit here and cower because i feel sorry for myself since i didnt take the time to do what i wanted to do before i died.....and for those taking bets i want to know just how you plan on getting your money if something DOES happen...if the other party invovled dies then how exactly are you going to get your money? track down which body is his and rape him from all possessions??? seriously now think about how ignorant taking on a bet like this is....for those saying yes things are going to happen...you put your adversary in a win-win position....makes no sense to me

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
one more quick thing...there are 90 different theories from 90 different people...so its unclear to define which is supposed to happen...right now we just need 2 sit back and enjoy the ride...because no matter what happens, at this point we have NO control over it

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Edit double post

[edit on 8-12-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

in order

ha ha In all honesty, the Jack and Coke (and herb) is probably how I'd contend with the situation - think about it, IF you are even one of the 'lucky' ones to survive, would you want to be around? Why wouldn't I have the means? no longer a need to dive into my assets/savings with my newly acquired $100K, right? It'll all still be there.

I don't actually 'need the winnings up front' but what other way - in this unique case - do you see for making a fair bet where the winner gets to enjoy his winnings? I think my proposal is the ONLY way - please propose a better alternative, rather than just poo-poo-ing mine. [you have to admit, my idea is the most logical]

Funny, on the mortgage line ;-p

Actually I see it as a win win for you. If it does happen then who cares about paying it off, and if it doesn't happen well then you can be sued and forced to setup somekind of payment plan that you just kind of don't do and file chapter 11....hehe

So I guess we would need to know how it going to unfold to even prepare for it....

Some say it is not destruction at all but humans moving into their next phase of evolution enlightenment. i.e. indigo children, so who wins in that case?

BTW screw the coke at that point...straight Jack baby!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
here is the ultimate truth, be prepared for this will change the way you see the world!!!!!
21 12 2012: only 3 days left for Christmas shopping!!

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymousAlienResearcher

Planet X: It would be visual to us by now this close to 2012 if it was true. 1000s of amateur astronomers would all be yelling that they see it. Also, unless the population lived inside it like a space ship it couldn’t support life with its extreme orbit.

Pole shift: Yes it happens every 600,000 years, yes we are due, no it doesn’t shift quickly. It takes 1000s of years (still fast by Mother Nature time), so the one day it flops theory is total bunk, and if it did it would be something we could overcome quickly.

Solar flares: Well I guess a big one could strip our protective magnetic covering and we all fry…no hope there

Big asteroid: another no hope no were to run deal

Alignment of all the planets: does nothing and has happen many times and I think the last time was like 1989.

Angel/Alien: once again how do you prepare for this, I see this as a no where to run scenario too

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Planet X: It would be visual to us by now this close to 2012 if it was true. 1000s of amateur astronomers would all be yelling that they see it. Also, unless the population lived inside it like a space ship it couldn’t support life with its extreme orbit.

Pole shift: Yes it happens every 600,000 years, yes we are due, no it doesn’t shift quickly. It takes 1000s of years (still fast by Mother Nature time), so the one day it flops theory is total bunk, and if it did it would be something we could overcome quickly.

Solar flares: Well I guess a big one could strip our protective magnetic covering and we all fry…no hope there

Alignment of all the planets: does nothing and has happen many times and I think the last time was like 1989.

Angel/Alien: once again how do you prepare for this, I see this as a no where to run scenario too

very true...but the point of me writing that in the first place was to say to people that instead of totally debunking the possiblity they should at least take into consideration teh fact that this world is not going to last forever and if it were to end or start to change very rapidly that we should be prepared for it....rather like the story in aesops fables about the grasshopper and the ants....

i am an ant and will be prepared for it IF it does happen...and will refuse to feel sorry for the little grasshoppers that are left out in the cold wondering if they will live.

"i pity not the soul that does no work for thyself"
dunno who said it but i totally agree with that

anyways thanks for commenting...i appreciate the feedback

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Hmmm... this all sounds awfully familiar... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Unless you want an excuse not to do any Christmas shopping that year, December 21, 2012 is a complete non-event.

The only thing to follw 12/21/12 will be 12/22/12.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymousAlienResearcher

very true...but the point of me writing that in the first place was to say to people that instead of totally debunking the possiblity they should at least take into consideration teh fact that this world is not going to last forever and if it were to end or start to change very rapidly that we should be prepared for it....rather like the story in aesops fables about the grasshopper and the ants....

i am an ant and will be prepared for it IF it does happen...and will refuse to feel sorry for the little grasshoppers that are left out in the cold wondering if they will live.

"i pity not the soul that does no work for thyself"
dunno who said it but i totally agree with that

anyways thanks for commenting...i appreciate the feedback

So how do you prepare for any of it, move to Tibet? Would anything short of buy an old missile silo in Nebraska and stocking it with five years of food and water mean anything to just about 90% of these scenarios? Also with 90 scenarios there are at least 89 of them wrong, with rather great odds the 90th one is too. If the world was humming with one scenario (like people actually knew anything) I might have gave it some interest, but there is a case for everything thinkable and I think you could be wasting time and money.

The very least would be to live far from a major city in an area with very stable land mass, high above the oceans, with the ability to go self sustain for a very long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join