It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bets on 2012

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here is my prediction for 2012. In astronomical events, the earth will be in direct line with the galatic core.
Beyond that life as usuall, some will like the US, good chance that there will be the same groups that hate the US.
Won't do any bets.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I beleive in the power of thought.....

Sorry for the one liner...

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

If there is one thing that I am terrified of, it is that.

Also, I'm not betting on anything either.

[edit on 6-1-2010 by TheOneElectric]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I'll take your bet, and your money, cause there won't be anyone to pay off in 2013. You make the contract, I'll sign it with my attorney present, and you send me $50,000.00, or as much as you are willing to lose.
I'm serious, send mre a personal message. I never turn down a sucker's money.
Believe that.
Let's see if your pocket is as big as your mouth is.

[edit on 1/10/2010 by cmongo4]

[edit on 1/10/2010 by cmongo4]

posted on Jan, 10 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cmongo4

I've already tried, man. All these posers have backed off.

[I'll have to assume you're talking to the OP - and agreeing with me - given the wording of your post. Most of the traffic, however, the last 2 months has been directed at me]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Ok, here's my question about all of this; cause I find it really interesting. Now, I'm not brave enough (or maybe smart enough) to take part in the bet cause I have no idea how I feel about 2012. But, for those who are so extremely sure something is going to happen... (which btw, takes massive guts to follow through with the bet. That's awesome.) What if you are wrong and lose the bet? You would have spent all of the money; right? Cause you want to enjoy it before 2012... So, if you were wrong; how would you honestly pay it back? And even if no one actually bets.. (which I agree. I see that the believers are willing to bet; but the skeptics aren't.) but, if no one bets AND if nothing were to happen; what would you do afterwards? Just say, "Just kidding. I was just messin around." Or would you do something like say, "I honestly thought something was going to happen and it didn't. *Shrug*"

At the same time, for all the skeptics; if you were so sure that nothing was going to happen; why haven't you accepted the challenges? There was a slight debate but when it came down to it; this thread kinda died. So, I dunno. I just was curious. I'm not trying to provoke, just curious what's going through people's minds.

Although the monkey attitude of beating your chest and screaming, "Bring it on!" Isn't exactly what I'd consider noble mannerisms. But, what do I know? I'm just a lurker.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
My bet is a polar shift. massive flooding, Earthquakes, Volcanoes. Not death to all, but up to a 30 degree shift of the poles. Not a complete earth flip, but a shift from the current positions.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

Why do you think this ? Simple question.
What gave you this idea ?

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xelamental

I just got new info, that the EVENT already happened in 2008. [ sorry no link.]

it was a reversal of polarity from the sun, and that's why nasa launched that sun probe to have a closer look.

That, and the asteroid which cut thru the electromagnetic wind we get from the sun, and disrupting some of that.

I have no way of knowing how big or small of a disturbance that asteroid created by passing by that close.

anyways, if this is true that the event already happened, then if any else happens in 2012, it'll be about something else.

either way, it's out of our hands and not much to do about it except watch

<< 5  6  7   >>

join