It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of victims to unknown virus growing! State of emergency to be imposed in Ukraine?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Don't worry is not the worse scenario, on another thread a member posted the 3 virus that has been found in Ukraine population.

Acute respiratory disease of unknown etiology (22 deaths) - Ukraine (Lviv, Ternopil, Ivano-Frankivsk region)

Pandemic influenza (11 cases) - Ukraine (Lviv, Ternopil)

Influenza A/Kaliforniya/04/2009 (rebuttal) - Ukraine (Ternopil region)

This was posted by JBA2848

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So they are dying form 3 seperate dieases? That would make more sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by NIGHTRID3R
Its just weird. Why Ukraine?

Because Prague is the spy capitol of the world and the direct route from a biological weapon hand off there would be... Ukraine.
Count the hours of someone infected and how long it would take them to travel there to try to make a connection to warn others involved... oops, too late, general population infected...

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NIGHTRID3R

Its just weird. Why Ukraine? Why not a major European city or an american city this would spead out much faster as there is more international flights then Ukraine in europe and america.

Ya it looks weird. Until you flip the coin over then it makes perfect sense.
Lets say they didn't want to wipe out a large pop until they make
sure how this will play out.
They have to pull this off without placing their own heads on the block.
This really calls for some outside of the box thinking.
So hard to know what TPTB are up to but it is completely obvious they're up to something.They seem to shift from bold to cowardly from cunning to maniacle on a whim.
At the same time dimentia seems to be the constant. So who knows,
when they have it so all you can do is guess.
It being their fault that things are like this then I would say we peoples of the world have every right not to trust, therefore to expect and react as
if the worst were happening , because hoping for the best will not save anyone.
The one thing we've been screaming was going to happen seems to be looking us right in the eye.The one thing that can't happen is everyone going quietly into the night. If possible a whole bunch of those idiots need to go down with. JUST SAYIN.

[edit on 31-10-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
reply to post by liveandletlive

Joseph Moshe is the guy who was claiming that the Baxter Lab in the Ukraine was producing a swine flu vaccine that was a bio weapon. He stated that it weaken the persons immune system then a flu similar to that of the 1918 spanish flu would kill them. After he came out saying these things in public the feds arested him saying he made threats to blow up the white house, big scene in LA its on youtube if anybody wants to see it. No charges were ever filed and he is thought to have been sent back to Israel.

I remember when that happened. Damn strange. Your quote seems to be what is happening over there in Ukraine, no? S for you.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
How did he say the bioweapon would be released; in the vaccines?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.rferl.org...
This says it is swine flu? The symptoms don't sound like it.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Thanks Marg! that does make me feel a little better!

This does resemble the 1918 Spainish flu where people hemorrhaged so quickly, they were finding puple corpses.

I read last night where the first person to die in the village, had just returned from St. Petersburg Russia.

Very suspicious indeed!
An excerpt from

Purple Death The Great Flu of 1918

No matter what they called it, the virus attacked everyone similarly. It started like any other influenza case, with a sore throat, chills and fever. Then came the deadly twist: the virus ravaged its victim’s lungs. Sometimes within hours, patients succumbed to complete respiratory failure.

Autopsies showed hard, red lungs drenched in fluid. A microscopic look at diseased lung tissue revealed that the alveoli, the lungs’ normally air-filled cells, were so full of fluid that victims literally drowned. The slow suffocation began when patients presented with a unique symptom: mahogany spots over their cheekbones. Within hours these patients turned a bluish-black hue indicative of cyanosis, or lack of oxygen.

When triaging scores of new patients, nurses often looked at the patients’ feet first. Those with black feet were considered beyond help and were carted off to die.

What made this influenza especially baffling to health care workers was that it attacked healthy, strong adults most often. Normally, flu is only life-threatening to the elderly, young children and people with compromised immune systems. Many adults become sick, but very few die.

Just sayin!

link:www.paho.org...

[edit on 31-10-2009 by paxnatus]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I hope this is not like the 1918 pandemic. It isn't; is it? No matter where it starts what if it goes all over the world. Then what? I am scared.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

The problem is that the first in the list of viruses is of unknown origin but its starting to sound like SARS or bird flu.

Kind of a very interesting cocktail of viruses if you tell me.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I hope this is not like the 1918 pandemic. It isn't; is it? No matter where it starts what if it goes all over the world. Then what? I am scared.

Take precautions now. Buy N95 masks at Home Depot. Stock up on 5 weeks of food supplies. Have an emergency plan. Keep a change of clothes at work or in your car.

link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by mkross1983

I'm sorry, not trying to spread anymore fear, but I am a nurse, I realize the imminent danger of a hemorrhagic virus, these are deadly Level 4 BioSafey Virus' In other words the most deadly in the world.

THIS IS NOT SWINE FLU PEOPLE!! Nor is it Bird flu! This sounds like hemorrhagic virus such as Marburg! The media will down play this on purpose!
If not you will have a world wide panic!!

I hate to say it, but as for the poster in the area and the thousands stuck, there will be NO travel out of there!! In fact they will seal and lockdown ASAP!!

OMG!!! This is so disturbing and depressing. But I think everyone needs heads up as to what the actual situation is.

Pax

whoah... i didn't even know what Marburg virus was.. This documentary tells us that it was "discovered" because it magically infected some doctors that just "happened" to be working on Polio vaccines in Marburg, Germany.

Weird coincedence. Then it just shows up in an isolated villiage in a secluded part of Africa 50 years later, where it was "easily quarantined"...

Seems as though the people of Angola were just used as testing grounds, because the planters of the virus KNEW that they would be able to quarantine the area easily.

Heres the documentary on Marburg (not made by me)
www.youtube.com...

link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I know it is a very scary thing. I am too, I do not think it is influenza at all if it is, then yes it is just like 1918 flu. It is a hemorrhagic virus. I will post as much info as i can get.

Stay strong, it is all we can do right now, we need the facts. Don't panic yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Yes Joseph Moshe did say the vaccine would be used as a bio-weapon with people dieing a death simliar to the 1918 Spanish Flu. The problem is we just don't no what the real mortality rate is. I don't think that it's Marburg like someone on here suggested because the kill rate for it is as high as 90% so Marburg is unlikely.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
If I stay home; I won't get sick right? I have a weird feeling. I had a dream back in september about something major hapenning 6 weeks from that date. I hope this is not the beggining of that. I have had dreams of diasters that have come true 4 times. Including one dream of an incident in my personal life that played out scene by scene word for word only a week later.
I hate have these dreams because it makes me feel as if I could really be right. I hate being right. I hope to God I am not right. Please!
I will keep everyone over in urkarne in my thoughts it may be spreading but maybe not.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bcs8484
Yes Joseph Moshe did say the vaccine would be used as a bio-weapon with people dieing a death simliar to the 1918 Spanish Flu. The problem is we just don't no what the real mortality rate is. I don't think that it's Marburg like someone on here suggested because the kill rate for it is as high as 90% so Marburg is unlikely.

90% is after 3 weeks. If this is a new set of reports then it won't be known until mid-November... which happens to be the busiest travel season in North America.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

Yes!! Now imagine if you will, if this is the actual truth can you see the PANIC this would instill?? Media will not breathe a word!!

yes they lied about H1N1 but something that will actually kill us? Mums the word!!

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Just found this maybe it is a mutation seems possible it could be from this older article

Dutch researchers find mutation linked to greater virulence in swine flu virus

TORONTO - Dutch scientists have reported they have found what was thought to be a key mutation in some swine flu viruses from the Netherlands, a change many virologists feared would give the viruses the ability to cause more severe disease.

But so far the evidence seems to suggest this mutation does not make the new H1N1 virus more virulent, the researchers said Tuesday.

The change, at position 627 on the PB2 gene of the virus, is known to increase the ability of flu viruses to replicate; prolonged viral replication can lead to more serious illness. The mutation has been found in all known human flu viruses, including the three that caused the pandemics of the last century.

"Everybody predicted that this mutation is going to have a big impact on virus replication of the new H1N1," said Dr. Ron Fouchier, one of the authors of the report and a molecular virologist at Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam.

"If you would have asked me three months ago, I would have bet my car on it. But nobody placed that bet because everybody was sure that it would increase (virulence)."

If they had, it seems they might have been able to claim the keys to Fouchier's SUV.

Three people either known or suspected of having been infected with the mutated H1N1 viruses suffered only mild disease. And ferrets infected with a laboratory synthesized H1N1 virus with this change also did not suffer more severe disease. Ferrets are the standard animal model for human flu.

"Given the information that we have at present, we have no indication for increased virulence," said Dr. Marion Koopmans, chief of virology in the infectious diseases laboratory of the National Institute of Public Health, The Netherlands.

"This is a mutation that is in the textbooks as something to look out for, but whether it really confers something to these (H1N1) viruses remains to be seen."

Koopmans, Fouchier and a number of colleagues disclosed the surprising findings through ProMed, a website and mailing list that serves as an early warning system for infectious diseases developments. It is closely scrutinized by scientists and public health officials in the infectious diseases sphere.

The Dutch scientists reported finding two viruses with this change that appear to have been transmitted between mid-July and mid-August in the West Frisian Islands in the north of The Netherlands. The area is a popular destination for Dutch and German campers.

One of the mutated viruses was recovered from a male who had been there and who started developing symptoms on Aug. 9. The second was found in a girl who hadn't been to the area, but whose sister had been camping there at the time. The sister was also sick, but there was no specimen from her to test. Koopmans said the working assumption is that the sister who went camping was also infected with this virus.

The first virus was only discovered in mid-September, when it made its way to Koopmans' lab. An investigation at that point showed the male and the sister had been part of a group of 24 who shared two tents on the island. Most of the members of the camping party reported having been ill.

Koopmans said officials have looked at specimens from the area and from the regions from whence the campers came, but haven't found more viruses with this change.

"There's no evidence yet that this virus has spread any further in Holland," Fouchier said. "Of course we're currently still looking for it. Every virus we get our hands on we check (position) 627. But we haven't found any more."

Labs have been looking for this mutation from the moment the new H1N1 virus was fully analyzed and it was seen it didn't have the same amino acid at position 627 as other human viruses have.

Some scientists even suggested the virus might not be fully adapted to spread among humans because it didn't have this change, but instead had an amino acid at position 627 that is normally seen in avian flu viruses. The pandemic virus, which is a never-before-seen hybrid of swine, avian and human genes, has an avian PB2 gene.

Dr. Richard Webby, head of the World Health Organization's influenza collaborating centre at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn., said there is good evidence this mutation is associated with adaptation of avian influenza viruses to humans, but the proof that it is linked to severity of disease is less clear.

Viruses with this change show increased virulence in mice and sometimes in ferrets, but not always, he said, suggesting the ferret data probably are more reliable. "I think this is one instance where mice are probably lying a little bit," Webby said.

In some flu viruses this change is known to allow the virus to replicate at cooler temperatures, meaning they can infect the upper airways, rather than the warmer deep lung area preferred by avian flu viruses.

That might actually be a good thing with this H1N1, Webby said, noting autopsies have shown that in severe cases the pandemic virus wreaks havoc deep in the lungs.

Dr. Nancy Cox, who heads the influenza division at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, warns people should not take too much comfort from the fact this change doesn't seem to make the virus more virulent at this point.

"We just know that influenza can change in unpredictable ways through mutation and reassortment," she said, referring to the process by which flu viruses swap genes with each other.

"The unexpected can arise, and arise very quickly. So we shouldn't write this off. It is causing hospitalization. It is causing fatalities. And in every single case that you hear about, it's a tragedy."

-Follow Canadian Press Medical Writer Helen Branswell's flu updates on Twitter at CP-Branswell

[edit on 31-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

[edit on 31-10-2009 by OpTiMuS_PrImE]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
If I people get sick after now will they get the more serious form of the swine flu? If it is mutating in Urkarine how do we know it won't in other areas?
I have not heard of anymore deaths since the 50 reported is this good news?
Could it be maybe a cumlatice total of deaths?

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
If I people get sick after now will they get the more serious form of the swine flu? If it is mutating in Urkarine how do we know it won't in other areas?
I have not heard of anymore deaths since the 50 reported is this good news?
Could it be maybe a cumlatice total of deaths?

Well it was 11, then 30, and now 50. I think there is a lag in reporting just like in the beginning when H1N1 was first reported in Mexico.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join