It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Dont worry....when Glenn Beck, Rush or Hannity get the presidency I have no doubt he will be the first in line for a nomination...they also let black people use their toilets.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Yes now you are having a hard time, but when you were all involve and happy nobody made the choices for you, you did it all on your own.

Is all part of the life experinces, the good, the bad and the ugly.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
they should sue him and cash out

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch

www.google.com

NEW ORLEANS — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

(visit the link for the full news article)

I wonder why he would use the word piles...... Does he stack them? he mentions piles twice, does he catagorise his black friends into shades? If so then he may not be a racist, and Hitler wasn't a Nazi

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Racism is not something that is just going to go away anytime soon. It's and idea that is spread and the only thing that can stop it is knowledge. Over a long period of time things will get better. I find it funny that some of the most racist people are those who live out in the woods or in small towns where there are only 2 or 3 people of other races anyways. That opposed to the people who live in bigger cities where crime is more of a factor.

As of right now a good deal of racism is being hidden due to political correctness. However, being politically correct does not change the way somebody thinks about another person. Overall, it's the little things that matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutlanderHuman24
In order to get rid of the racist we need to get rid of the people who teach racism. Of course we can kill thm off, what we need is the children of racists to become more open minded and have that submissive way of thinking towards their parents.

No you can't kill them off.

See "racism" is a belief, not a person.

This belief can jump around from person to person, or a person can come up with it all on their own. And then they can discard it tomorrow.

The only solution is education.

"The children of racists" is also a very ignorant way of looking at it.

Just because someone is the child of a racist, does not mean that they will be anything like that. Nor does it mean their parent may not change their beliefs tomorrow.

Killing off the racists sounds extremely totalitarian and draconian to me. So I had to call it out, sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It is no ones business who yuo choose to marry. Its sick really, an idea and census, says to this judge, interracials dont last long. INformations is never 100% correct you know, especailly by todays standards. Thats like saying, you cant marry eachother, becaue you work 2 jobs, she has 1 professional job, even though yuo love eachother, youors kids, that arnt even born yet, might suffer. Again, we see an attepnt form man,t control others., tell them what they can and cant do. Its kinda like, when people think 'what would jesus do'...the only reason they really wanna know, is so they can tell otehrs what they can and cant do, not what 'jesus'would have done. Thats a george carlin line.
Whats next> white cannot marry black women at all? chinese women can only marry upper class black men? myabe it will be perfetly legal for a newspapered shoed homeless man to marry a rich snotty uperclass woman, but a middle class man/woman cannot, or have sevver restrictions in thier will and wedding...
2 people wanna be together, its their own thing! No man or woman has judgemtn, or shouldnt to pass gods law..afterall it wa man that started wars, greed, coruption, nazi death camps, the atomic bomb, world hunger, chemicasl ect ect ect really does man deserve or have any lpace to say what god thinks? really i dont think so...
they should have beena llowd to get married,and fidn out what life has in store for them, for bad or for worse, its their experince, and no one elses.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Yes now you are having a hard time, but when you were all involve and happy nobody made the choices for you, you did it all on your own.

Is all part of the life experinces, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Oh I know friend Marge and I don't regret getting married or the fine children that I helped bring in the world.

Yet the Judge is absolutely right in that many marraiges don't last and that children often suffer for that.

I know my children are well fed, clothed, housed and have most of what makes a child happy but I know they also suffer from having a broken family.

I feel that I might have been a different person had I not been the product of a broken home.

My marraige was an interracial marraige too. That sure didn't cause it to fail though. Social economic conditions cause most marraiges to fail and it was social economic conditions that caused my marraige to fail.

I think the important thing that so many people overlook in occurences like this is that the Judge was being brutally honest about how he feels.

That is not to say that the Judge is right in what he feels. It is though rarer and rarer in this world of forced and instilled political correctness to see someone act out of honest personal conviction whether they are right or wrong.

Sadly most news these days becomes news worthy because it either angers or frightens people or both.

Angry frightened people just do not make the best decisions. They make their decisions based on emotions and I find it highly suspect that the media feeds us 24 hour a day, daily dozes of nothing but anger and fear to digest.

It's creating and has created an unhealthy balance in the minds of too many people who basically walk around 24 hours a day angry or frightened over something.

The reality is these two crazy love birds will find a way to get married anyway, crazy love birds always do.

They will likely experience the happiest day of their life when they do get married.

That won't be news worthy though, it won't anger or frighten anyone, it will egads make them feel good!

Though it isn't popular or politically correct I like to inject a bit of humor into these situations. Laughter is the best medicine not anger or fear.

People who can't laugh at themselves or each other are really people who are in emotional trouble.

I hope this couple ends up living to be old and gray together until death do they part and know only happiness along the way.

That might not happen though...we do know though for sure that there will be one person who can say "I told you so"!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Dont worry....when Glenn Beck, Rush or Hannity get the presidency I have no doubt he will be the first in line for a nomination...they also let black people use their toilets.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Bunch]

Are you absolutely sure of that? How much time have you been spending in Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity's bathrooms?

And why?

I know that's none of my business.

You know the good news is here that when this couple is old and gray and celebrating some wedding anniversary around their friends and loved ones reminiscing about days gone by this will be a story they tell as a testament to their own love.

It's not worth making an ulcer over in my oppinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
It's funny how people that "aren't racist" alway have lots of black friends

He even lets "them" use his toilet. How about that for racial equality.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hmm.. only 2 pages.

Surprised I am not.

Amazing that people still have this backwards state of mind. He's probably one of those people who shakes the hand of a person of a different race, then quickly wipes their hands for fear of being contaminated. Sickening.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I know my friend, sorry you had a bad time, remember Forrest Gump famous phrase, life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you may get.

At least I know you have some beautiful children.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

www.google.com

NEW ORLEANS —

Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way"

(visit the link for the full news article)

Well Keith Bardwell, I don't know what definition of "racist" you're using, but those two statements literally make you a racist.

How did this guy get into politics, anyway?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by thegagefather]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelx666

they should sue him and cash out

AGREED.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
double post

sorry

[edit on 15-10-2009 by silver tongue devil]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There is something not so friendly inherent to referring to your friends as piles.

This judge has piles and piles of racism.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You all need to leave this poor misunderstood man alone. He said that black people get to use his bathroom. What more do you people need?????

Who even says things like that without immediately apologizing for spilling stupid all over everything?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The guy has every right to deny them. The law may say otherwise but he has a right to refuse and be fired. I doubt they will be able to "cash out" though. They would be suing the state over one persons actions that are against the law.

All they have to do is walk down the street.
People get so riled and say racism is alive and well. Well indeed it is and it works on both sides of the isle here...

It seems to me the opinions expressed here are directed at the plight of the black person being denied here. It's implied and riddled throughout these comments. The one thing that is missing is the plight of the white person being denied.

There is a harm being done to both races. A discrimination against black and white... Seems to me this guy is an equal opportunity racist

The point is there is harm being done to both races here so lets not forget that when we are being so self righteous and jumping on the "oh my gosh this guy is a racist against blacks, I knew it still existed!" bandwagon... Give me a break people...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

What makes this more racist against black people is that the judge is white. For example, it would change the outlook completely if the judge was black.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Oh my God, you need to have a license to get married in the US? What kind of country is this? I seriously do not know this. And all of you americans are okay with this?

I'm having second thoughts now. If indeed you need a permission to get married, than america is an even crazier country than I previously thought.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join