It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop killer severly beaten by police.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The shooter is complete and utter trash. When I saw his face I burst into laughter.

hahahahahhahahahahahahahah. Pity there's still something left.

I love the reaction in the video,,, "Look at what they did to him".

Yeah that's what you get when you're a cop killer.

It might of been police brutality. But honestly he got what he deserved - the FBI cleared any officers of misconduct anyway.

[edit on 14/9/2009 by C0bzz]

[edit on 14/9/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It is interesting to read the replies in this thread. It seems to run the gamut like most things. I can see both sides myself. The reasonable, logical side of me sees that no one should be above the law. Yet, the red-blooded masculine side sees this person as a waste of space who deserved what he got, if indeed, he got anything at all. I have seen peoples faces swell up like that after having their noses broken, and after being stung by a bee, and from food allergies. So it is harder to tell if there were any vigilante cops or not, seeing how he looked perfectly fine only a short while later.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

You know when it's in a still.. it does look alot like that was caused by the fall. hes got stitches all over him, which is typically what happens when you drive your face through a third story window.

I really don't think the cops beat him on this one, unless witch their fists. You don't get that kind of damage if you hit someone in the face with a baton without killing them.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right?

I don't like the fact that many of our cops seem to have little respect for the law and more respect for their emotions or personal gratification.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Once again another example of how our society values punishment over rehab. The world will never change if we mask the symptoms and do not address the cause.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by and14263
Once again another example of how our society values punishment over rehab. The world will never change if we mask the symptoms and do not address the cause.

Hate to break it to you sir, but rehab does't happen alot of the time. Jail/prison time has little to no effect on the average criminal, which is why there are so many repeat offenders. I've (reluctantly) known my share of cons, and let me tell you, the world outside of prison, they consider that their vacation. That's right, it's a break from jail/prison. Life on the inside is their world. Cons don't go to prison to be punished they go to hang with their homies and to get 3 squares a day, and whatever else it is they do on the inside. Before you or anyone else tries to blame society for the actions of these people, perhaps you should talk to one yourself. It is pretty damn enlightening. Just one of the reasons I have little to no respect, human or otherwise, for your average criminal. They know the system, and work it until it breaks, and then do it again next time they get out. The CJS just slaps them on the wrist and goes about it's merry way as if justice was served. Illegal immigrants do alot of the same things, only to a slightly different system, but there are alot of simularities between the two groups. There is very little true justice in the world, and all the bleeding heart BS people can spew isn't going to change that fact.

Chrono

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
And this is where the majority fails. Do not hate the PERSON, hate his act. For some reason, mental illness, bad childhood etc. And also just by being in this society this seems like the only solution for him. Its a terrible act, but get a grip. This is only a reaction of the society we are living in. The human behind it still earns our love just for the cause that he is human.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Don't you people have any respect for the rule of law? Innocent until proven guilty?

Oh please!

That man pulled a gun off a police officer, SHOT HIM IN THE FACE AT POINT BLANK RANGE IN FRONT OF A JUDGE AND FULL COURT, and then escaped.

How he got off without the death penalty is a pure miscarriage of justice!

[edit on 14-9-2009 by silo13]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hey, this is what happens when you kill a cop in cold blood, jump from a 3rd floor window, resist arrest and then eat some shrimp despite your seafood allergy. A little benadryl will clear that right up

[edit on 14-9-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
am i the only person that things its quite possible he smacked his face on the ground, after jumping out of the third story window!! .. clearly not,

i know people who fell less and brock their neck, the dudes lucky to be alive ..

when he jumped , if he landed then his head hut the ground (which is most likely) then it stands to reason its going to be busted like that, a severe broken nose will black and swell both eyes, not just one, and if he say landed then fell on to his forehead/nose then that would explain it all... i also wouldnt be suprised if he had no teeth left!

theirs no way to say he got beat up or it happened on landing without seeing all the vids, it makes good tv and lawyer money to say its police brutality though !

[edit on 14-9-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

All i can say is I'm glad a vast majority of ATSers are NOT police officers -- the ones who say the police were within their rights to do what they did, or that they [the poster] would have killed the man or worse (like gential mutilation
or death).

There have been other posts, here and here where the police are accused of brutality and beating suspects. And people here are enraged and upset at "The Law" acting like a police state, big brother, oppressors, etc.

But in this case, it's the opposite -- many people are suggesting the police were well within their rights and if the poster had been involved, they would have killed the man.

So, police *are* allowed to beat people if the crime is bad enough? Or only up to a point or certain type of crime?
I mean, what's the deal?

As a police officer, you have a sworn duty to "uphold the law". Nothing more and nothing less.

No mistake about it, it's terrible what this man did and he deserves the full punishment the *court of law* enforces, but the police cannot beat a man (if they did) to the extent those injuries imply. There's no line of what is/isn't a "beatable" offense as everyone's interpretations are different.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Some of you who are supporting this make me absolutely sick.

He shot and killed a cop and for his crimes he deserves to be punished. What about his right to due process? It is hard to feel bad for this guy, it really is. The easiest thing to do is say, "That's what you get". Just like it is easy to support Free Speech when someone is saying something you agree with. Try supporting another person's right to Free Speech when what they say makes you want to vomit.

The real fact here is that the police that beat this man broke the law themselves and for their crimes, they too deserve to be punished.

So where does it end? Do we beat the cops who plant evidence? Do we beat the cop who was responsible for shooting Oscar Grant, an unarmed man who was shot in the back while handcuffed? If you are in favor of beating a cop killer... are you also in favor of beating killer cops?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Looks like he got off pretty easy to me,plus I'm sure jumping off a 3 rd story led to some injuries,he should have been put out of his misery,no need for him to live

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
You people... are why criminals get slaps on the hands for murder... you people perpetuating the desensitizing of humanity by only thinking about your selves and not the victims. you people... The guy Murders old women, Kills a cop in the court room in front of your "law" tries to escape out a window from 3 story's. and you people give him sympathy? Police brutality? yeah lets just ignore the fact that man is murdering neanderthal Cancer of our society. IF i was a cop i would have shot him to death. But i guess the Judicial system finds it more fun to torture people throughout a lifetime which is what they ruled on.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
they got there revenge to an extent probably not enough in there eyes... to make it right send the cops to jail for attemped murder or change the laws cause thats what would happen to me or to you if we did that and until then ill say they should suffer the consequences. was it right NO.... did he deserve it YES but from the police NO. i bet 99% of the people here me included would give that guy a coma beating if not death if it was tailored to fit one of our family members, the diffrence though jail for us is likely 99.99999% a gaurante. and thats ware i have the problem make it okay for us to do that when life deals us extraordanary situations eye for an eye for everybody

i hopefully never have to go through such a situation, no one would want to, godbless the persons who have had to endure it

[edit on 14-9-2009 by twistingtree]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here you are. The other side of the "police are so mean" coin.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Stupid people who are required to be beaten to move their dumbass selves out of the way of firefighters and danger.....because they want to see a musician that won't show up.

I think *I* might want to hit these people with some batons myself.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I don't like perpetuating the violence either, so kill the SOB and it stops.

The rule of law is a good thing, overall. But the rule of law is frequently circumvented, twisted, sidestepped, and ignored by those who would desire to escape punishment.

We had a deal in Vietnam called the Chu Hoi program, and I'm not sure of the spelling. Under the Chu Hoi program, any VC or even NVA could yell "Chu Hoi!" and we were to take him into open arms as he just professed a change of sides.

We noted that only when cornered, wounded, or out of ammo did they start yelling "Chu Hoi!"

Being practical men, when one would yell "Chu Hoi," we'd take a look at his weapon, his magazines, the area surrounding him, and if we saw ANY evidence that he did so out of desperation, we'd take turns and take them out for a "walk."

Each time, they apparently escaped, as we never saw them again.

Practical justice.

Common sense.

Summary punishment can be a very efficient, very effective deterrent.

Maybe things would have went smoother in Iraq or Afgan if we had a program like this.-)

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

There's a difference between a surrender attempt, and one where the combatant happens to be without a uniform. Since you don't seem to know the difference, it may be better you don't comment on such things until such time as you get a bit of education.

I note that the "do-gooders" so free with their determinations of fairness, punishment, and justice, have arrived at their standards from a long distance away from anything that would ever require them to get down in the trenches and get dirty.

It must be nice to look through the end of a telescope and contrive a sense of how best to handle things.

Prisoners of war? Military necessity determines how they are handled, not some arbitrary rules. Rules determined by old men from long ago, far from the blood will get more good men killed.

In Korea, just after the landing at Inchon during the bloody run toward Seoul, a Chaplain Father Keating, captured five North Korean soldiers and flagged down a passing jeep driven by Private Wolff: "Son, take these prisoners off my hands. Get them to the rear before they're hurt."

"I can't Father. I'm running ammo into the edge of town, and they're getting low. I can't stop to do it."

"Private, this is an order. Take them over."

Wolff hesitated, looking at the burning city behind him where his brothers were running low on ammo. "You mean they're mine now? Under my responsibility?"

"Yes."

Wolff got on the .30 cal. machinegun, sprayed the group, killing all five. Outraged, Keating went to Chesty Puller, reported the incident, and demanded instant action.

Puller ordered Wolff arrested, and the priest left, content.

Ten minutes or so later, Puller pulled aside an aide, and asked about the outfit that had lost so many men the night before.

"All right. Give that boy Woloff a BAR and send him up there."

If the priest didn't want the prisoners, or couldn't handle the prisoners, he shouldn't have taken them.

Wolff, given a choice between getting his brother desperately needed ammo or nursing five prisoners, did the right thing.

Do not presume to tell me about war crimes. There is no such thing when you get right down to the nitty gritty.

War crimes are an attempt to put an air of civility on a group conducting war. What these dumbasses never realized is that war is not group against group.

Each kill is man to man, one on one, and all a man wants to do is survive this particular one on one, and then survive the next one. And the next.

And when it's man to man, there are no niceties, no taking turns, and absolutely no sense of rules.

Our prisons are full, and most are multiple returnees.

Rehabilitation?

That's a fantasy. A sick, twisted fantasy.

Summary punishment if allowed today would practically empty our prisons and provide a very polite, very well-behaved society.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
He jumped out of a third story window, did he not?

how do you know the police did anything to him

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join