It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Most likely explanation is a meteor. Super-heated upon re-entry, if it were to splash down and suddenly encounter much-cooler water the rock itself could very well split in two, just like hot glass cracks when you put it into cold water. The rock cracking or splitting could account for the loud "explosion" sound people heard. But it's also well known that meteors split up upon entry and usually burn up. That sometimes causes a loud "bang" when it happens.

The news report did say a large mass underwater like a large rock, so that rock could be the meteorite itself. It's possible that some piece of space junk in decaying orbit around Earth made it through the atmosphere and landed there, though that's far less likely than the meteor.

You can probably rule out ball lightning also as all known instances of ball lightning happen close to thunderstorms, and ball lightning isn't known for making loud noises. If there wasn't a storm in the area then ball lightning is doubtful.

Still, gotta give massive props to you guys for getting footage of the locals and putting the local media to absolute shame.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by sos37]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
here's an aviators' blog that discusses the event

www.avcanada.ca...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
www.avcanada.ca...

Detail InformationUser Name: Boles, Will
Date: 2009/07/29
Further Action Required: No
O.P.I.:
Narrative: U4 - 280343Z. Ottawa splash (452190N 0754926W - Ottawa River). Multiple callers witnessed something fall into the Ottawa River, then heard an explosion. Ottawa Police responded with fire dept boats and their police aircraft with FLIR. Griffon conducted a night and day search for an aircraft or debris. Nothing found. No reports of overdue aircraft or missing persons. Police investigation revealed the source of the explosion and the flash may have been a homemade bomb. No distress. Case closed. GRIF 422 424

homemade bomb? Highly doubtful.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We have had meteors aeroplane homemade bomb what next swamp gas igniting.
Somethings not right here at least we have Drumsfun and Accuroman out in the field don't let it go until we know for sure what it were or until we cannot find anything else i'm not saying its not a meteor we just don't know for sure and the story keeps changing that's what makes me suspicious

THANKYOU

[edit on 063131p://2009-07-29T18:07:48-05:00297 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
... at least we have Drumsfun and Accuroman out in the field ...

THANKYOU

absolutely, just don't do anything silly

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
the story continues to spread, despite no further news
www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
been waiting for the ufo people
www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Wow, cool to see casebook picked this story up. I belong to that site too. I've been following this thread and you guys are doing a great job with your interviews and videos and such. s&f

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by grandnic

well i can provide a boat.......any diver?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

a guys contact me privately and i'll let you know how to reach me im sure i can help get the truth out of this....

im a resourcefull guy...if you get what i mean

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

i can get the boat just letmeknow

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by briantaylor

Originally posted by mars1
... at least we have Drumsfun and Accuroman out in the field ...

THANKYOU

absolutely, just don't do anything silly

let me do thesilly stuff

i am ready to do whatever is needed to be done to get this story as clear as crystal

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
tweets from ottawa about event

www.happn.in...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

hey guys! hornyana_jones is offering to get you on a boat in the river...don't let the username freak you out

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

We all want to get to the bottom of this story but we don't want anybody getting hurt so Be careful lads and don't do anything stupid be safe.
So we have three men and a boat sounds like a film good luck lads hope you get somewhere with this.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
WOW twitter has been throwing the ufo word out there alot.
I guess even the public suspects something big.

I still wish I knew and really want to try to get to the bottom of this...it happened in my backyard so to speak.
I can read about mysterious stuff from all over the place on ats but the fact it happenned in my city has me interested as all heck.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Drumsfun

Like a said way back we got to keep this thread alive or it will be forgotten about get info wile people remember what they saw just be safe.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

I have time later on today and am gonna go back out there and see who else I can talk to.
Accuroman talked to a few people but he had the camera by the rapids so you barely hear anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Drumsfun

Look forward to reading later hope you get something.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I was not going to post whatsoever, but after finding and reading the thread I figured, why not

some facts you had wrong,

There were helicopters "Upstream" 1:30am OR EARLIER (the sound woke me up at 1:30am)

The police did actually get told to stop looking.

I have a source seeing what they can do to look at Project Magnet and this current thing for me, also looking into that bunker and what it is used for, I doubt I will get any info out of the source however.

I talked to someone in Deschenes from here the other night, you will be getting a phonecall from me soon

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join