It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I live 2 miles from the crash site. It is not close to Parliament Hill at all. Any talk about a bunker in the Gatineau being of significance is unwarranted.

The real significance is that the crash happened very close to the water filtration plant. This is about the only building in the city that a submersible can enter and exit the river.

I have heard stories that this thing came in fast and hot. Then changed its angle to enter the water. Others say it is just space fragments.

Hopefully we will get some security video.

P.S. The police are not kidding about the danger of diving in this part of the river. Don’t try it without safety lines and safety back up procedures.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am going back out there after work to see what I can find.
I'll get better footage of the area and the crash site and will be attempting to find anyone who saw it.I want to hear it from the horses mouth.
I'll do what I can.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by conansriver

I agree about the bunker but I have always been curious as to what it is for.
Its just my own curiousity and I was excited when I saw this so I thought I would throw it out there for people.
Any idea what its for?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Bunker in the capital city. Military base nearby. CSIS and training center nearby. It isn't buried very deep. I'd suggest munitions, medical supplies, or food cache.

There are a few old defienbunkers in Alberta.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by conansriver
I live 2 miles from the crash site. It is not close to Parliament Hill at all. Any talk about a bunker in the Gatineau being of significance is unwarranted.

The real significance is that the crash happened very close to the water filtration plant. This is about the only building in the city that a submersible can enter and exit the river.

I have heard stories that this thing came in fast and hot. Then changed its angle to enter the water. Others say it is just space fragments.

Hopefully we will get some security video.

P.S. The police are not kidding about the danger of diving in this part of the river. Don’t try it without safety lines and safety back up procedures.

It isn't that far for the Parliament. If it is a large "home made bomb", with someone testing it in the vicinity it should not be shrugged off.

Not close is it happned in Toronto. Not close isn't you can see the site from the Hill.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Also,Remember Shirleys Bay and Project Magnet was like 10 kms from the site.From what I have been told that area is also where the Canada Spacearm was built.
All these things just make me wonder what we saw out there and now this happens.
I have wanted to make a thread on this for quite awhile and wish I did.
Thankfully this happened to bring it to peoples attention.
Could be nothing but coincidence but still makes me say hmmmm.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I think I found something interesting.
Pay no attention to the video at all,its the comment in the description box is what caught my attention.
I am trying to talk to the reporter and see where he got the info.
According to his article...the U.S Military was there.
www.youtube.com...

He works for the Port Colborne Tribune.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Hey drums,
I posted this link waaay back in the thread.
But I didn't contact the guy, so good luck with that..

Keep diggin'

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

Oops.
Its a long thread I musta missed it.

I just got off the phone with Jon Willings of The Ottawa Sun and he just told me that he never wrote that and The Port Colborne Tribune must have ran their own version of it because he confirmed the Canadian Military was there but denied saying or writing that The American Military was there.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
they would say that anyway...

doesn't mean much really

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
can someone get down to the water treatment facility?
if you can't find someone to talk to you might be able to spot a cam nearby

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nobody said the bunker has anything to do with this we are just curious about it that's all.
Aeons it could have been a home made firework but i don't buy that don't think they would call a search for a downed firework do you.
That's my opinion anyway.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Drumsfun

Good catch there he could have some info or he is making it up we shall see hopefully.

THANKYOU

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
Nobody said the bunker has anything to do with this we are just curious about it that's all.
Aeons it could have been a home made firework but i don't buy that don't think they would call a search for a downed firework do you.
That's my opinion anyway.

THANKYOU

I am willing to give on that idea as far as this: If the issue did get closed by the police but was internally escalated to another enforcement branch or the military, possibly they would look into a story of a low flying plane crashing close to the Federal Parliament or the PM's residence. Canada is a terrorism target, and that would make sense.

On the other hand: A homemade bomb that large could just as easily be a practice run. Which might explain the tree being taken in to examine the residue on it.

[edit on 2009/7/30 by Aeons]

[edit on 2009/7/30 by Aeons]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I agree it is a possibility we should not rule anything out keep it in list of possibilities but i still don't buy that one.
I better stop commenting until there is more to comment on or this thread is going to be way too long so keep up the good work guys.

THANKYOU

[edit on 023131p://2009-07-30T14:37:38-05:00307 by mars1]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
there is something that i saw down at the scene that i have not yet talked about because i thought it was not relevant,
well according to my knowledge it was not posted (unless "Drumsrfun"put it up on his media and did not tell me yet)

a man i saw and talked to when i was on the site was a bird watcher and very aware of the surrounding area, had told me

"What is really weird was that there was a huge tree that they took, why did they not just put it back in the bush"
as he pointed to the area

we walked down to the area where this tree went down ( i taped that part)
this tree looked liked it was pretty solid. it was 1 foot at least across and was long enought to cross the bike path that was three ft from the tree trunc and went beyon 6ft passed it. it was cut by chain saw obviously

"what could could of brought that down" he kept saying!

i wonder now why they took the tree with them because normally around here they cut them and put them by the bike path at leist for ahwhile.
then today i was seaching the net for relevant stuff in Aylmer, Quebec and to my surprise i came across this from the canadian archive disclosed ufo files and there is a very scary ressemblance with what happened monday night, same area, same kind of fire ball reported and now this tree that might be relevant.
i also want to note that the lady from the interview mentions as well a tree or brush being taken away in what she sais was "1967" this might be what she is reffering to

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca... 61k3daba484fkuif1u9g223l6

the main lower road is Lucerne st i am from oval dr quarter mile from the crash scene and lived there till age 13

dont forget too look trough the othe pages of the document and if needed i could translate the french in english but right now i have lots to do.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I will wait for "Drumsrfun" to come home to download footage i got of the tree and the very little footage that i could used from the first time i went,most of it had too much noise from the rapids we can hardly make anything of it.

I had just posted this and i had crazy goose bumps because the first time i had a sighting was 1 or 2 km from there and my elementary schools "ST-Medor and Notre-Dame" witch i used to walk to is also walking distance from there.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Great work accruoman!

If you Ottawaonians (sp?) stick with this I'm sure you'll be able to pull together some of the unmentioned info.

What dept cut down the tree? why didn't they leave it off to the side instead of hauling it all away? that sure doesn't sound cost effective to me. I'm betting that we'll have a much clearer image of what happened real soon thanks to you guys.

At least its a recent story there are bound to be lots of people that saw lots of things that the media didn't report heres hoping you find them.

Also i would be checking Tweets from the area and tweeting your self for gathering information I would mention facebook but it seems as though theres already a group started there

Also how something can streak out of the sky explode loud enough to be heard from many kilos from the site and not arouse any concern from ANYONE(TPTB) is a bit suspicious.

Great work once again!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Hi guys, theres' a link to local tweets on one of my posts earlier...

I've also been typing ottawa river ufo into twitter.com with some results
but I think that chatter is dying down

This might be interesting
www.ottawasun.com...
This story says that CFB Rockcliffe is closing forever, Friday, that in and of itself is a little weird. But it gets' better, they were gonna have a party, with fireworks and everything, then the DOD said, "No, you can't do it now." (The story doesn't state why.)

The soldiers arranging the party complained loud and long enough that the DOD capitulated but not until it was too late and the insurance had been cancelled, etc.

Connection?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Not look at the resemblance of the reports given by the media about the incident of "71" is mind boggling the tree, the sonic boom,the explanation.
Oh my must lay down now. maybe i should call the Ottawa police to reasure me their explanation was the good one.

"nothing there please move on."

www.collectionscanada.gc.ca... &&PHPSESSID=j

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join