It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd lights on Ottawa River spur search

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey Drums
I noticed at the beginning of your footage there are a few "skyscrapers" in the shot, any chance you can identify some buildings or businesses around the site. Or from the side you are standing on when talking to "the lady"

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by briantaylor

I think that might be possible...I will have a look right now.
Thanks for calling the yacht club.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I can confirm it was a meteorite ( falling star). Possibly more than one.

I was on my back deck at around 10 pm on Monday and an unmistakable flash streaked down in a straight line from above my head to the ground in the direction of the Ottawa River. It wasn't an aircraft.

I noticed the headlines in the Ottawa Sun at the news stand the next day and recalled the experience I had that night.

THere are a number of traffic and park surveillance cams in the immediate area. I hope they review them because the "mystery" is no mystery.

I didn't hear A boom because I am too far from the splashdown area but I would imagine a sizable rock travelling at a high speed would cause quite a large noise.

I am 100 % certain it was a meteorite or space debris.

Trying to connect this to incidents like Shag Harbor or Shirley's Bay is ridiculous.

It's no wonder ATS and the like are fringe elements when people jump to conclusions like this. I realize some members are genuinely interested and like to investigate these matters.

Occums Razor is very relevant here. The simplest answer is usually the correct answer.

My firsthand experience in this story and the assumptions by members who did not witness it confirm my feelings of conspiracy theorists. It's a waste of time.

I am here soley for the entertainment factor.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
ok
i've just got off the phone with Paul Moore, manager of the brittania yacht club.
(he asked me to phone him, so I did.)
unfortunately, so far, he's got nothing to show us.
he hinted that he might talk to his IT guy and see how far he can "rewind" the footage of his cam, and he said if he found anything, he would email mel.
so that's cool.

He did say he saw the helicopters and the police came into the "village" that night, asking people questions about what they saw, but the event took place "below" the rapids, and that he thought "it fit with (our) story if the "thing" that was found was under 9m of water.

So, don't be looking at the yacht club, be looking at the other end of the rapids, near the Filtration Plant.

Updates as I find them...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by venividivici

People are just curious because something interesting happened where they live. Hardly a reason to bash their speculations.

For example you say it was a meteorite, well that is the most likely answer however what if it's a downed craft? (satellite or ufo)

Just because it probably is a meteorite doesn't mean that it's case closed, everyone go home. A meteorite is worth a nice chunk of change by the way.

If someone finds it they could build a nice spread or have "un gros cris de party, tabarnac"

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is exactly what it looked like from my perspective except it came from straight over my head to the ground. Not at an angle. It lasted 1-2 seconds. I was star gazing like I occasionally do on clear nights.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

please tell me the names of the parks or otherwise that might have cams so I can contact them...

then we can continue entertaining you

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm not even gonna ask how you knew I phoned the yacht club before i posted it, drums...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here's what IS known so far:

- The "object" was NOT any known aircraft, as none have been reported missing and there were no debris found.

- No one ACTUALLY saw a plane, helicopter, or any other type of air craft. They only heard a loud noise and saw a bright light move erratically and 'crash' into the river.

- The supposed 'object' at the bottom was found to be a rock and clumped together logs according to authorities.

- Space agencies say nothing fell from orbit.

- The search has been called off.

- Authorities are still investigating what the object could have been.

So now we are pretty much left with the following likely possibilities:

- The object was a meteor. But why was there not a larger viewing area seeing it streak down to Earth?

- The object was fireworks or flares. This does not seem likely according to witness reports.

- The object is some odd weather phenomena related to Ball Lightening.

- The object is some type of unknown aerial craft.

This is a very interesting case that has a lot of similarities to the Shag Harbor Incident in October 4th of 1967. In my opinion however, the true cause of this will never be fully known and it will become yet another case to put into the "????" category, possibly falling into the whole UFO crash mythos, we will have to wait and see. It would be interesting to see if there has been any increased military activity in the area.

www.ottawacitizen.com...
news.globaltv.com...
www.sooeys.com.../1834633/story.html
www.inquisitr.com...
www.ottawasun.com...
www.wellandtribune.ca...

[edit on 7/29/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 7/29/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You cant say for certain there was a meteorite though I too believe that that is the most likely story. The biggest problem i have is how quick the media dropped the story once it was concluded that a plane went down. That to me doesn't add up and I for one am glad that we have members that live nearby willing to take their time to check this out. I for one want to know what it was that crashed, don't you?

This is the problem with MSM they have no interest presenting us with a good story oh sure if it had have been a plane crash and people died then we'd be hearing about it for days and days. Yet "something" crashes in to the river and now no one could care ????It doesn't even make sense LOL

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
britannia point instead of britannia yacht club?

moore said it was nearer the filtration plant?

can you confirm search location, drums?

media.abovetopsecret.com...

bigger better map edit -> www.ofnc.ca...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by briantaylor]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If a meteor had a small angle of entry, it would be seen to streak over a great long area - like the one in winter.

If the angle was great, it may not.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

better link of map

www.ofnc.ca...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Steilhe

You cant say for certain there was a meteorite though I too believe that that is the most likely story.

Yes I can and I will. It was a meteorite or space debris. I saw it with my own 2 eyes.

The biggest problem i have is how quick the media dropped the story once it was concluded that a plane went down.

The media didn't drop it. The police did. I'm glad. THey have better things to do than interview wacky witnesses that talk about outlandish theories and the "woods in '67"

That to me doesn't add up and I for one am glad that we have members that live nearby willing to take their time to check this out. I for one want to know what it was that crashed, don't you?

Like I said it is a waste of time. I should clarify that statement. It is a waste of MY time. If some else wants to investigate a meteor, please go ahead.

This is the problem with MSM they have no interest presenting us with a good story oh sure if it had have been a plane crash and people died then we'd be hearing about it for days and days. Yet "something" crashes in to the river and now no one could care ????It doesn't even make sense LOL

It has been headlines in the local news and newspaper. They care. But there are more important local issues to cover. THANKFULLY

[edit on 29-7-2009 by venividivici]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
from www.cbc.ca...

"A few readers suggested that the object was either space debris or a meteorite. While watching TV in my basement, a noise coming from outside made my dogs bark and run upstairs; it was as if someone had thrown a rock at my house. When I went outside, I saw other neighbours looking around their own houses wondering what hit 'their' houses as well. Since I live in Carleton Place (40+ km from the sighting), the noise we heard may very likely be a sonic boom eminating from a few kilometers in altitude.

When I mentioned about your new article, my co-worker (John) remembered hearing that noise as well; he also checked outside his Nepean home (8-10 km from the river), thinking that someone had thrown an object on his house/cars.

Could these events be somehow related? You be the judge of that."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
for the record, i don't care what it is, I just want to know...
I also want to know what the large object they found is

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Everytime you link this story to Shag Harbor you reflect badly on the community and your own integrity and as a reporter. See, this is the inherent problem with UFO stories. Everyone wants to speculate and postulate and theorize without having firsthand experience.

This has been an eye opener for me.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this story op.

One of these days, and I think soon, we're gonna nab them. The aliens I mean. This sounds suspiciously much like a uso coming in for a landing. I think that soon, someone is going to have concrete evidence of alien life. And then, all the other threads at ats will have to take a backseat for several months.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I live between Carleton Place and Nepean in Kanata and THERE WAS NO SONIC BOOM IN KANATA. AS I stated earlier. I live too far from the splashdown to hear the splash. It was silent.

I gotta believe the poster is mistaken or it total fabrication.

Maybe someone familar with sonic booms can clear this up.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I simply said it has consistencies like Shag Harbor, which it does--I am sorry if you don't like to hear that.

Personally I am leaning towards a meteor but that doesn't mean this is a lot like the Shag Harbor crash in some respects.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join