It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+71 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

www.youtube.com

This is a video on youtube of an interview he did with CSpan just a few days ago.

I'm surprised I haven't seen this already on ATS... but here it is!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
So a monolith simply means a "single stone" or "single rock". Wikipedia gives a lot of examples on it's page for monolith, but all of them are natural.

Did he mean to say megalithic structure? Is he referring to something he thinks is preternatural?

What are the thoughts from the people here who have followed the buzz aldrin / ufo conspiracy? He seems rather convinced on this show...

TO make things even more interesting I went looking for the pictures of this monolith.. and so far have found this page which has all the pictures removed...

www.vgl.org...

But thanks to Bearack below for updating this thread with a site that does have pictures of this monolith...

palermoproject.com...

Also here are some photos of Phobos from space in which you can actually see the monolith being mentioned

www.vgl.org...

Also here is a photo of the monolith in question

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/55c8c8529ff673cc.jpg[/atsimg]

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Buzz Aldrin is amazing.

I'm gonna go find the rest of that interview.

Nice find!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Very interesting !

It almost seemed like he was trying to back track a little,after mentioning"this strange structure",by saying that the universe created it or God?

Very unlike the usually dependable Mr.Aldrin to make a slip like that!

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
it's cut off but he seems to be saying that there's a structure that is not man made - who put it there? the universe put it there. there are those that will say god put it there.

he doesn't say it was fabricated by intelligent beings or life of any kind.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
No, he clearly said a "strange structure" on the moon's surface. Buzz Aldrin has, on many occasions, stayed away from the UFO debate and I believe this if the first time he's made reference towards artificial involvement on planetary objects.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

he says it's on a potato shaped moon of mars. He never says it is artificial. he says "the universe put it there."

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
it's cut off but he seems to be saying that there's a structure that is not man made - who put it there? the universe put it there. there are those that will say god put it there.

he doesn't say it was fabricated by intelligent beings or life of any kind.

That's the thing... he never mentions something other than "the Universe" or "God" but he does ask "who put it there?" as if it should be a question for humanity.

In the end, as I watch this, it occurs to me this is in the vein of getting people excited about space exploration in general. So maybe this is a phantasm of a carrot if you catch my drift.

But then I still go back to that part that says "When people find out about that..."

How come we haven't found out about that yet? I mean if Buzz knows... how come we don't?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well, Buzz has been preaching quite a bit about skipping the moon and making our first landing since the moon landing on Phobus rather than either Luna or Mars.

The images of the structure are interesting, but seem quite natural to me.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Thanks Bearack!

I've updated my OP with your link...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Is he referring to Phobos or Deimos?

...Phobos is one of the least-reflective bodies in the solar system. Spectroscopically it appears to be similar to the D-type asteroids, and is apparently of composition similar to carbonaceous chondrite material. Phobos' density is too low to be solid rock, however, and it is known to have significant porosity. These results led to the suggestion that Phobos might contain a substantial reservoir of ice. Spectral observations indicate that the surface regolith layer lacks hydration, but ice below the regolith is not ruled out...

en.wikipedia.org...(moon)

Deimos (pronounced /ˈdaɪməs/ DYE-məs; also /ˈdiːməs/ DEE-məs, as in Greek Δείμος), is the smaller and outer of Mars’ two moons (the other being Phobos). It is named after Deimos, a figure representing dread in Greek Mythology. Its systematic designation is Mars II.....

----

...The names, originally spelled Phobus and Deimus, respectively, were suggested by Henry Madan (1838–1901), Science Master of Eton, from Book XV of the Iliad, where Ares (the Roman god Mars) summons Dread (Deimos) and Fear (Phobos).

Characteristics

Deimos, like Mars' other moon Phobos, has spectra, albedos and densities similar to those of a C or D-type asteroid. Like most bodies of its size, Deimos is highly non-spherical with dimensions of 15 × 12.2 × 10.4 km. Deimos is composed of rock rich in carbonaceous material, much like C-type asteroids and carbonaceous chondrite meteorites. It is cratered, but the surface is noticeably smoother than that of Phobos, caused by the partial filling of craters with regolith. The regolith is highly porous and has a radar estimated density of only 1.1 g/cm³. The two largest craters, Swift and Voltaire, each measure about 3 kilometres across.

en.wikipedia.org...(moon)

[edit on 23 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Found a site which speculates as to what the object might be!

palermoproject.com...

Fairly interesting looking site,but as i say,mostly speculation!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Phobos... if you google phobos and monolith you will find some interesting stuff... I'm trying to update the thread as I stumble on items of interest.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
So a monolith simply means a "single stone" or "single rock". Wikipedia gives a lot of examples on it's page for monolith, but all of them are natural.

Did he mean to say megalithic structure? Is he referring to something he thinks is preternatural?

What are the thoughts from the people here who have followed the buzz aldrin / ufo conspiracy? He seems rather convinced on this show...

TO make things even more interesting I went looking for the pictures of this monolith.. and so far have found this page which has all the pictures removed...

www.vgl.org...

[edit on 23-7-2009 by allsop]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by allsop

Awesome!

Thanks for adding the pics!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
hahaha
I thought I read Minotaur
I was like whattttt??? There's a Minotaur on Mars's mooooonnnnn?

haha

No but interesting stuff, good find!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I think Buzz might be starting to get a little old. It's possible he just let a top secret fact slip out, the expression on his face right after he said it (During the brief but noticeable pause) was one of someone who is trying to come up with a quick save in a conversation, then he says the universe or god put it there or whoever.

It's possible he just said something he shouldn't have said.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
wow that is interesting, is it possible that he is just resparking interest in something that was found and speculated on years ago because he knows there is something to it. That video where buzz aldrin says he and his crew saw a cylindrical shape craft (where they were told it was 6000 miles away) and they genuinely thought it was a UFO tells me that this man wants to tell the truth but knows his limitations, maybe he is trying to push boundaries by getting people excited which in hope would lead to some truth

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I think he is just trying to stir up some passion in people about manned missions to exotic moon or planets in our solar system...not many young people are.Even if he is lying or atleast putting little idea's in peoples heads to garner attention.We wont be having a manned mission and building bases anytime soon,nobody will be able to call him up on telling fibs.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Buzz ripped me OFF!

I found this "artifact" last year!

Check out THIS OLD THREAD

[edit on 7/23/2009 by darkbluesky]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join