It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzz Aldrin Reveals Existence of Monolith on Mars Moon!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I see what you are saying. He did use the word structure, but first he used the word monolith. I guess just like most anything, it can be interpreted both ways. Maybe it just seems as if he is speaking strangely.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by anyone

One usually doesn't refer to a mountain as a monolith.

Well....maybe in speaking as a geologist, perhaps.........

A monolith is a geological feature such as a mountain, consisting of a single massive stone or rock, or a single piece of rock placed as, or within, a monument. Erosion usually exposes the geological formations, which are most often made of very hard and solid metamorphic or igneous rock.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Touche. Or however you spell that.

-anyone

maybe wishful thinking... maybe not

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anyone
reply to post by Phage

I see what you are saying. He did use the word structure, but first he used the word monolith. I guess just like most anything, it can be interpreted both ways. Maybe it just seems as if he is speaking strangely.

Agreed, there are more then one meaning for each of the words he used. However his expression and emphasis would seem to imply that people would be more then just mildly interested in the formation in question.

He could of made the same basic statement about just any rocky body in our solar system. I'm sure there are "Monolithic structures" to be found on the Moon, Mercury, Venus etc. but again his emphasis was that what he was talking about was not your garden variety "Monolith".

and Phage thank you for reminding me about the ambiguity of our language!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

Agreed, there are more then one meaning for each of the words he used. However his expression and emphasis would seem to imply that people would be more then just mildly interested in the formation in question.

Yes.
And he has a good reason for arousing that interest in people. He wants us to go to Phobos! Not to look for signs of alien civilization, but as the final stop before settling on Mars.

The last step toward Mars, around 2025, would be a landing on the planet’s 17-mile-wide moon Phobos, which orbits less than 4000 miles above Mars. A Phobos base would be the perfect perch from which to monitor and control the robots that will build the infrastructure on the Martian surface, in preparation for the first human visitors.

www.popularmechanics.com...

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
No, he clearly said a "strange structure" on the moon's surface.

Clearly? Perhaps you might want to listen again? I clearly heard 'unusual structure'

Transcript..

"...the moon of Mars. There's a monolith there - a very unusual structure on this little potato-shaped object that goes around Mars once in seven hours. When people find out about that they're going to say, 'Who put that there?' 'Who put that there?' Well, the universe put it there. If you choose, God put it there..."

He makes it very clear its a natural structure... but the CNN clip will make it very clear to everyone its a conspiracy

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Helmkat

Yes.
And he has a good reason for arousing that interest in people. He wants us to go to Phobos! Not to look for signs of alien civilization, but as the final stop before settling on Mars.

The last step toward Mars, around 2025, would be a landing on the planet’s 17-mile-wide moon Phobos, which orbits less than 4000 miles above Mars. A Phobos base would be the perfect perch from which to monitor and control the robots that will build the infrastructure on the Martian surface, in preparation for the first human visitors.

www.popularmechanics.com...

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Phage]

Understood, he has a "Dog in the hunt" and thus his motivations are open to study. I'm not sure I want to start getting into a indepth discussion of said motivations and the multiple paths his word choices could take us down. If his intent was to say "We need to go to Phobos as a base for Mars and also study some very interesting natural formations on that moon." he certainly could of spoken manner less open to starting threads on ATS!

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I love Buzz and how he puts things. Great guy.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
It almost seemed like he was trying to back track a little,after mentioning"this strange structure",by saying that the universe created it or God?

Very unlike the usually dependable Mr.Aldrin to make a slip like that!

No HE said the universe made it then he said if YOU choose [to believe] God made it. I see no slip

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I'm with the other saying that Buzz didn't necessarily mean that the object on Phobos is artificial and made by intelligent aliens -- although he seemed open to that possibility.

Words such as "structure" and "monolith" don't necessarily mean artificially made -- although there is that connotation.

Did Buzz mean absolutely that he thinks it is a completely natural structure? No - he didn't. What he meant was it could be artificial or it could be natural -- but either way, we should explore it.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Instead of all of this back and forth speculation as to what he meant why doesn't someone just ask him? Heck, I'll ask him. Does anyone have his contact information, or do I have to go looking for that myself too?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
but he does ask "who put it there?" as if it should be a question for humanity.

No he does not ask who put it there... he says that when people find out about it THEY will ask "Who put it there"

I find it truly amazing in such a few short words that everyone hears some thing different.

How the heck can we expect any analysis when people can't even hear the original words?

S&F for finding it

Mike Singh also did a thread on Phobos

Phobos May Be Alien Space Base: White House adviser!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...
17-1-2008

And just because no one is reading the posts

Transcript..

"...the moon of Mars. There's a monolith there - a very unusual structure on this little potato-shaped object that goes around Mars once in seven hours. When people find out about that they're going to say, 'Who put that there?' 'Who put that there?' Well, the universe put it there. If you choose, God put it there..."

[edit on 23-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dainoyfb
Instead of all of this back and forth speculation as to what he meant why doesn't someone just ask him? Heck, I'll ask him. Does anyone have his contact information, or do I have to go looking for that myself too?

And then?....

....Even if he does personally think it is an artificial structure -- so what? That's only his personal belief. It's not like he is "in the know" concerning the secret of alien buildings on Phobos. He's just a regular (albeit famous) guy with an opinion.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Good luck with that

buzzaldrin.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

And then?....

....Even if he does personally think it is an artificial structure -- so what? That's only his personal belief. It's not like he is "in the know" concerning the secret of alien buildings on Phobos. He's just a regular (albeit famous) guy with an opinion.

The goal of my post is to shed light on this topic (which is what this thread is about). What is is the goal of you post?

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
but he does ask "who put it there?" as if it should be a question for humanity.

No he does not ask who put it there... he says that when people find out about it THEY will ask "Who put it there"

You are absolutely right Zorgon.

People have already asked "who put it there" and it hasn't even been verified that it is in fact artificial.

Buzz was right in gauging what some people would say.

All he meant was that there are strange things in our solar system that would be very exciting to explore -- and some people in the general public would be excited because of the possibility of finding something alien made.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks, I'll need it. It will give me something to do besides bicker back and forth about what someone who is not in the conversation meant to say.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

A regular guy that is senior science advisor on the board of Gravwave LLC, a company working on anti gravity with the Chinese
www.gravwave.com...

A regular guy that is CEO of Starcraft Boosters builder of the Aquila Cargo Transport
www.starbooster.com...

Well if THAT 'regular guy" says there is an artificial structure ANYWHERE out there I am inclined to take his word for it

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
I think Buzz might be starting to get a little old. It's possible he just let a top secret fact slip out, the expression on his face right after he said it (During the brief but noticeable pause) was one of someone who is trying to come up with a quick save in a conversation, then he says the universe or god put it there or whoever.

It's possible he just said something he shouldn't have said.

Buzz would have long since been retired when they discovered this object, so why in the heck would he have been informed about a "need to know only" top secret object?

Buzz was just trying create some mystery about space exploration and went a little over board in so doing.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

And then?....

The goal of my post is to shed light on this topic (which is what this thread is about). What is is the goal of you post?

The goal of my post is to underscore the fact that even if we find that Buzz Aldrin may think that there is an alien-built thing on Phobos, that does not make the possibility of it being an actual alien-made object any more likely.

People have their own opinions on ETs...and so do famous people. Buzz Aldrin may think it's possible for there to be alien-built objects on Phobos, but so might my dentist. But if my dentist said he believed this, nobody would really care.

I like Buzz, and I 'm glad he's trying to get people excited in human space exploration -- but he doesn't necessarily have any additional knowledge about this object on Phobos that we on the internet do not have.

[edit on 7/23/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join