It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I flee to?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why on earth would a red blooded American want to flee from his own responsibility is beyond me. unless he is yellow ... and then he goes in front of my brave men.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot
Why on earth would a red blooded American want to flee from his own responsibility is beyond me. unless he is yellow ... and then he goes in front of my brave men.

More importantly, why flee for the hills (or another country, as it were) whenever there is absolutely no reason to believe that all of a sudden the country is going to starve? Store shelves are stocked, all the farmers I know still have so much excess crops they have to destroy some of it because they can't sell it all, etc.

Its a little bit premature.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Buy a Yacht.

Then you can go wherever you like.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
head up north to canada. and then head north some more.

head into the middle provinces, alberta, saskachewan, then move north, there is alot of empty space up there, easy to dissappear

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure $5 500.00 will allow you to do much of anything anywhere.
So you've really only got two options:

1) Move to Alaska and become a trapper.

However, you seem to prefer the warmer climes... so

2) Move to South America and live with some sort of Indian tribe.

The Guarani in Paraguay and Brazil would be a good choice. You'll need additional cash though. Brazil requires would be immigrants to invest a minimum of $50 000. Not sure about Paraguay. Alternatively you could marry a Guarani beauty.
A word of warning: These Guarani live in some of the most heavily snake, scorpion and spider infested areas of South America.
Bon voyage...

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Perhaps good Sir you should not be fleeing anywhere, If you have a family to support you should be relocating in advance of TSHTF to someplace sustainable. No cities are suitable for short, interim and mediium terms because of the volativity of such places. It may be prudent to get out of Dodge while things are still OK and make a life for you and your family in a better place before the # hits the fan.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornPatriot

What responsibility is it that you speak of? I am a citizen of humanity. If the land I live on goes against my will, it's my right to go elsewhere.

I'm not yellow, it's that I see most people are ill of spirit or mind to do what is needed. That it doesn't have to become horrible before it gets better, but that's how it's gonna be.

That I don't have to, don't want to, nor am I willing to fight when there's no point. I'm against both the people as a whole (society) and the government. The government is foolish and the people follow.

Why lead or follow the followers of the foolish? What would that make me?

I want out entirely. not because I fear a fight, but because I refuse to fight in a war where I disagree with both sides.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Why lead or follow the followers of the foolish? What would that make me?
... ...
I want out entirely. not because I fear a fight, but because I refuse to fight in a war where I disagree with both sides.

You are a person able to think independently and therefore a visionary. And I respect you as such. KUDOS to you!

(That's a high five above...)

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Awesome thread.

I'm traveling throughout central and south america through sustainable farms... and i have been very musically gifted so im just trying to, understand it all.

At the personal moment, i am somewhat "listening to the wind" or buscando el mundo (8 yrs span)...mother nature could get nasty. im going to just enjoy life with my good spirit.. and spread good life as well.

Word up on keeping and eye out there though

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
you would be an unwelcome guest where ever you go, you don't know the language nor their way of doing things. You would soon become an illegal alien and be recognized as not belonging to their culture and have no rights to their goods and services. It is important that you can speak annd understand the dialects of the locals and that they can understand yours. It helps to find out whose land you are standing on.......

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
To the moderators. I'm not sure if this is in the correct thread, so if it's better off somewhere else then just move it.

Okay, I'm sick of being so freaked out. I don't buy into the FEMA coffins conspiracy and am not sure about the concentration camps.

What flips me out is that US silos are nearly depleted and food suppliers are being denied the credit needed to bring in supplies. They are working off their stockpiles which may be gone in a few months time.

I don't want to witness food riots, martial law, and the likes. Am thinking of fleeing and laying low for a while. Going to want basic necessities. Food, shelter, security. Have a truck that I can sell, and next to no debt. Thinking of saving for the next 45 days, and then ditching out.

What countries in South America are inexpensive and relatively safe? If I came up with $5,500 USD, could I live off of this for a year in an inexpensive location?

[edit on 8-12-2008 by unityemissions]

Have you considered perhaps that you may not want to survive whatever disaster awaits?

I'm predicting a nuclear strike on the United States by Iran. I work in downtown Chicago and live in a nearby neighborhood in the city.

I am quite content because I know should they use a nuclear bomb, I work and live close enough to city center that I will die instantly.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
Buy a Yacht.

Then you can go wherever you like.

You could buy a unit on "The World" by ResidenSEA

Whether you call Park Avenue, Park Lane or Park City home, your success in life has opened doors to a world most only dream of. Travel to exotic places used to be a reward reserved for few. Now The World opens a vast amount of opportunity to travel the world in an exclusive community as either a Resident or vacationing Guest. With 165 private residences located aboard, many Residents call The World home on a consistent basis while others open their doors temporarily for short term rentals that allows others a unique vacation experience unlike any other.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

[i

Have you considered perhaps that you may not want to survive whatever disaster awaits?

I'm predicting a nuclear strike on the United States by Iran. I work in downtown Chicago and live in a nearby neighborhood in the city.

I am quite content because I know should they use a nuclear bomb, I work and live close enough to city center that I will die instantly.

So why are you bothering to post on a survival forum, surely this place if for optimists ?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I found costa rica to be the perfect place to "lay low". Of course countless other places exist. If some real bad stuff starting happening in America I would like to go back to India, though in these times that might not be a wise decision either.

Bolivia or Argentina are nice places to get lost as well

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Northern Raider

[i

So why are you bothering to post on a survival forum, surely this place if for optimists ?

Didn't you see the thing about the boat? I offered someone assistance.. Does it mean I myself have to partake in it?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by VinceP1974

Originally posted by Northern Raider

[i

Didn't you see the thing about the boat? I offered someone assistance.. Does it mean I myself have to partake in it?

My sincerest apologies, I missed an entire page of threads, sorry.
NR

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Let's see, I plan to stay right here, and defend my country, load the 30.06, load the shotgun, load the 357, and "let the games begin."

Defend your country for crying out loud, and stay here!!!!

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonelypoet
Let's see, I plan to stay right here, and defend my country, load the 30.06, load the shotgun, load the 357, and "let the games begin."

Defend your country for crying out loud, and stay here!!!!

~ Lonelypoet

that scares me... reacting to fear by anger.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Survival, if someone were coming to take over your land, you mean to tell me that you would not "defend yourself," and you darn tootin' I am going to be angry when someone tries to take my land, hurt me, or especially a member of my family! Do you think the American Indians were p*ssed when the white man came and stole their land? I think I would have been scalping a few heads too if I were them!!!

A country full of pacifists just like you is what will cause America to fall, people who cower into a hole or run. How is defending myself wrong? Anger is involved when defending oneself. Anger is an emotion, and when faced with life and death circumstances, then anger is a perfectly normal reaction.

You need a course in psychology, and "Patriotism!"

~ Lonelypoet

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Do you think the American Indians were p*ssed when the white man came and stole their land? I think I would have been scalping a few heads too if I were them!!!

sorry but I agree, I'm a citizen of Humanity and the heavens more so than a nationalist. Every country thinks they're the best and better than everyone else.

When American Indians were Invaded, they fought well, but anyone who was philosophically/spiritually advanced, after doing some homework on the whiteman would have forseen that the fighting would be fruitless and America would be transformed regardless, leaving all those who fought ...practically dying in vein.

I agree about standing up to some of this in the beginning, to the best ability you can, but if you forsee that its fruitless ...then why suffer? Im also looking into another country or heading for the hills as they say.

I'll let those who call me yellow and coward to stay behind on the fronts fighting, while I roll back and use my intelligence to hide out and repopulate the world by re-seeding the planet with all the surviving lonely women. A Much more preferable duty. I could give a crap if someone calls my yella, I'd rather be yella and keeping my family alive, then go out in a bang on the front lines.

It all depends on your roll. If your a gun totin, tv watching, "westernized" trailer trasher ....then by all means you belong on the front lines.

If your a book reading, diplomatic, intelligent, scholarly type then you belong behind the scenes, up in the hills, or safe in another country helping to come up with plan B, C, D, E, and F in case the gun totin plan wears itself out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join