It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What country should I flee to?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

Belize is very nice, and being the former British Honduras, it is also an English speaking enclave in Central America. It also has abundant wildlife, having a Caribbean coastline and jungle inland.

Also, the Belizeans I have met are kind and warm hearted people, especially the ones who live tidy simple lives in the villages in the south.

In a big scale sit X it's proximity to Mexico and being in the bottleneck that is Central American could be a problem. Beautiful place to retire though.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by Mikey84

You forget many people who want to leave FEMA camp land are highly skilled. It will not be hard for many of them to find jobs in other countries.America has many expatriots working in foriegn countries. They are prospering.

I think you are posting about countries which can afford to pick and chose or you are posting about the kind of countries which returned Jews back to occupied Europe. Those kind of countries are to be avoided like the plague. America fell victim to greed for progress ;that's why the elites want those fema camps. I don't think that any of the developed countries are safe from this mentality.

There is a place for everyone. I hope the people who know they are targets leave now. It would also not be bad for our young adults to experience life in a different culture.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by eradown]

It’s not just a matter of being “skilled”.

Each country requires different skills, you would then also need to find a company to sponsor you for those skills and will usually require a job before you leave, in most cases it goes to locals first if no locals can be found for the skilled position it then goes to citizens of countries with agreements and then it goes out to the rest and so on. US has no free movement of workers agreement, so are usually at the bottom of the pile.

Not to mention you might need the local language and extra funds.

Just because you have a skill doesn’t mean you will get in, for example a qualified hairdresser will get into Australia quicker than a Doctor, but a Doctor will get into Somalia quicker than a Hairdresser. It depends what is in demand.

Also, not all countries offer skilled migrant, and many offer it only on temporary visas. Regardless, it still takes time, it ranges from country to country – the OP is looking at moving in 45 days, it aint gonna happen.

Again, it’s not as simple as just stepping off a plane and saying “i’ll live here”.

Here is what the Belieze Embassy says to give you an example, as people keep saying for the OP to go there:

"If you are not a 'Permanent Resident' in Belize, you will need a 'Work Permit' to legally work for yourself or for someone else. The permits are good for one year and cost from $500 - 600 BZ. "Self-employment" permits are by far the easiest to obtain, as you will most likely be viewed as someone with a business that will in fact create jobs and employ local Belizean's and will need at least USD$20,000 to invest. General Work Permits must be applied for by your prospective employer. That employer will have to prove that they have been unable to find a current local resident to fill the position before a permit will be issued."

Mikey

[edit on 10/12/2008 by Mikey84]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikey84
post by Mikey84
["If you are not a 'Permanent Resident' in Belize, you will need a 'Work Permit' to legally work for yourself or for someone else. The permits are good for one year and cost from $500 - 600 BZ. "Self-employment" permits are by far the easiest to obtain, as you will most likely be viewed as someone with a business that will in fact create jobs and employ local Belizean's and will need at least USD$20,000 to invest. General Work Permits must be applied for by your prospective employer. That employer will have to prove that they have been unable to find a current local resident to fill the position before a permit will be issued."

Mikey

"Self-employment" permits are by far the easiest to obtain, as you will most likely be viewed as someone with a business that will in fact create jobs and employ local Belizean's and will need at least USD$20,000 to invest."

You should have highlighted this.

There are many countries which are incorruptible , and there are plenty of hiding places. The ones you would consider safe havens are different from the ones I would choose.Inspite of what TPTB would like to believe Americans are not peasants who are attached to the land. Many will leave if things do not change for the better.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

See, you missed the key words there “investment of USD$20,000” The OP reckons he/she might be able to get up $5,000 to head to a new country...... so like I said, he/she aint going anywhere in the next 45 days.

I gave Belize as an example, and its $20,000 investment makes it one of the cheapest South American countries to try and move to. And even then most of the “investment” type permanent residence in South American countries are designed for retirees who are still receiving a pension from their home nation.

Even just step back and think about it logically, if anyone could just decided “oh I want to move to that country” which no restrictions or visas and no large amount of money required, then you’d get thousands and thousands of refugees fleeing to it. Even poor countries need and have immigration control.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by eradown

See, you missed the key words there “investment of USD$20,000” The OP reckons he/she might be able to get up $5,000 to head to a new country...... so like I said, he/she aint going anywhere in the next 45 days.

I gave Belize as an example, and its $20,000 investment makes it one of the cheapest South American countries to try and move to. And even then most of the “investment” type permanent residence in South American countries are designed for retirees who are still receiving a pension from their home nation.

Mikey

Twenty thousand dollars even in a down American economy is obtainable. The OP should see if there are any English teaching positions available overseas. Once out of the sight of the all seeing eye , he might find it easier to build wealth.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Twenty thousand dollars even in a down American economy is obtainable. The OP should see if there are any English teaching positions available overseas. Once out of the sight of the all seeing eye , he might find it easier to build wealth.

Twenty thousand is easy for some but not for all, plus that's just the investment, then they need the extra costs involved on top of it.

The official language of Belize is English and the local population have no problems speaking it, might not be the best place to look for an English teaching job, if they wanted a job teaching English in a school they would have a hard time as a local has to get the job first.

How would they be out of sight and the all seeing eye? They would be there on a work visa – meaning they are on the system and their location, income and work details known.

It’s not like the movies.

The OP best option would be somewhere he/she could actually go - which would be in the USA, so Alaska is probably the best option.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

The official language of Belize is English and the local population have no problems speaking it, might not be the best place to look for an English teaching job, if they wanted a job teaching English in a school they would have a hard time as a local has to get the job first.

I was not posting about Belize.

How would they be out of sight and the all seeing eye? They would be there on a work visa – meaning they are on the system and their location, income and work details known.

This is not the same thing as having goons monitoring phone conversations.This is not the same thing as the goons flying drones over your house armed with special cameras so the goons can see what you do in the privacy of your home. All the spying is leading to poverty. Once away from the surveillance grid which is not the same thing as a paper trail,it is easier to gain wealth and knowledge.

The OP best option would be somewhere he/she could actually go, so Alaska is probably the best option.

Alaska also has FEMA camps, GMO foods, flouridated water and the surveillance grid. So ,no, anyone freaked out(as they should be) should not move there.Alaska is not far enough away from the poverty culture which has taken over in America.

Leaving the country even if temporarily is a good option. People can use the web to find all sorts of jobs such as contracting positions. Once the Americans are off flouridated water and GMO food they can regain their health and their sanity. Americans usually come back from overseas wealthier and smarter. Although if a stop is not put to all the unnecessary spying which is creating poverty there may be no point in coming back.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

And how exactly would you be able to get out of the USA in such a situation, wouldn’t they stop people leaving? And then where would you go, what country would take you?

It’s hard enough now to just move to another country, it would be even harder in that type of situation.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Deleted: there is nothing more to say without being redundant.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

lol, you haven’t immigrated before have you?

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I think that you'll be far better off in a first world country.

The US still produces far more food than it consumes.

Food may be the next commodity to surge in price. If that's the case you're going to be far better off in the US.

I don't see massive numbers of people being rounded up and put in prison camps. It just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

reply to post by eradown

Mikey

You just do not like the idea of Americans leaving America. Well, your entitled to want me to stay in America. It doesn't mean I willl ,and not everyone will slam the door on me because you wish it. In fact, probably the opposite. Have a good day!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

reply to post by eradown

Mikey

You just do not like the idea of Americans leaving America. Well, your entitled to want me to stay in America. It doesn't mean I willl ,and not everyone will slam the door on me because you wish it. In fact, probably the opposite. Have a good day!

What are you on? Why would I not like the idea of Americans leaving America? Get over yourself.

I'm just stating the clear facts, you clearly have no idea or understanding how immigration around the world works. You've been watching too many movies.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

reply to post by eradown

Mikey

What are you on? Why would I not like the idea of Americans leaving America? Get over yourself.
Mikey

You should speak. Your posts exude arrogance. Do not respond to me I do care for your tone. You will be ignored.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by eradown

You can go anywhere you want. I've been to Sweden. It's very expensive. Lunch is in the order of $15. A hotel is a couple of hundred bucks a night.

I've been to Ecuador. The cost of living is pretty reasonable but you need to learn Spanish. A good hotel is $50 bucks a night. You can stay there for much cheaper if you like. The locals seemed to like Americans.

There are lots of open air markets for fruit and veggies.

I have no idea what it would be like if the SHTF.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I also really liked Australia.

The people were great and right now the Australian dollar is pretty low against the American dollar.

It's a long plane ride to get there.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by eradown

You can go anywhere you want. I've been to Sweden. It's very expensive. Lunch is in the order of $15. A hotel is a couple of hundred bucks a night.

I've been to Ecuador. The cost of living is pretty reasonable but you need to learn Spanish. A good hotel is $50 bucks a night. You can stay there for much cheaper if you like. The locals seemed to like Americans.

There are lots of open air markets for fruit and veggies.

I have no idea what it would be like if the SHTF.

Yea "eradown" can go anywhere he wants for a holiday..... It’s when you go on a one way ticket without a Visa that causes the problems. Of course you can go anywhere on holiday, but moving there is a different story and process altogether.

Yea the Aussie dollar is pretty low against the US..... Good for Americans coming here, terrible for us going there.

Mikey

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

since your move is going to be low buck I would head to the caribean: go to Puerta Rico; you don't need a passport, then take a sail around and find a nice island you like.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why not just stay put and grow your own food? I think we are used to extreme excess so when there isn't that excess people freak out a bit.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Hey, I listened to a radio show. The man on it was part of this whole banking thing going on.

It is off this site - but I forgot the mans name:
www.projectcamelot.org...

He left a few years ago, as he was told the plans (of what is happening now). He is a billionare and did not want to be part of it.

He sold everything he had in the states and he said the ONLY place in the world that is relatively safe is Ecuador.

That is where he is now.

I have since researched Ecuador - and it seems ok, except the President right now is becoming another Hugo Chavez. But believe me - if I could I would go to Ecuador right now.

The only reason I didn't leave is because of my daughter and custody reasons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join