It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Even if there is something to be said about his contribution to fighting AIDS in Africa he absolutely violated ALL the rest of the items that silly and misleading acronym stands for.
Even you have to admit that.

I will admit to that when everybody else starts admitting that Bush was not alone in violating ALL the rest of the items that silly and misleading acronym stands for..

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Doesn't matter about other's at this stage it's him walking away with a trophy stop deferring the judgment.

The judgment is he doesn't deserve it, he's the only man getting it. So evryone is fuming he's walking away with this award.

I can't believe he's getting it. The only reason I know he's getting it, is for the final publicity stint as president leaving office.

It's a total scam.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I know how you all feel right now. This is like a disgusting joke. I would like to know the jokers who's idea it was to give him this highly undeserved medal. Maybe some good researchers can find out who initiated this award.

In the end, I am not worried. George W. Bush, as we speak, is being cursed and haunted by very unforgiving forces. Upon GWB's death, he will fall uncontrollably into a pit of fire and his soul will burn for the rest of time (infinity).

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

In the end, I am not worried. George W. Bush, as we speak, is being cursed and haunted by very unforgiving forces. Upon GWB's death, he will fall uncontrollably into a pit of fire and his soul will burn for the rest of time (infinity).

Pardon me, but who the hell are you to condemn anyone (even Bush) to hell?

He is getting a medal of peace for an HIV/AIDS cause.... It may be offensive but we must take things in context.

Bush is/was a bad president I will agree, but we are not his ultimate judgement, nor should we conclude where he will spend eternity.

Personally I hope the man can find some PEACE in what life he has left in this world away from the political world that has consumed so much of his life.

We can be critical, but hate and anger will do none of us any good.

We should pray for him, if you are spiritual of course.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by ALLis0NE

Pardon me, but who the hell are you to condemn anyone (even Bush) to hell?

He is getting a medal of peace for an HIV/AIDS cause.... It may be offensive but we must take things in context.

Bush is/was a bad president I will agree, but we are not his ultimate judgement, nor should we conclude where he will spend eternity.

Personally I hope the man can find some PEACE in what life he has left in this world away from the political world that has consumed so much of his life.

you forgot one thing about that guys angry rant, it is only ok to condemn and kill someone when you are a liberal. anything else is unacceptable

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I think im going to have to do some more looking into this pastor rick warren but as someone who actively pointed out and documented alot of bush crimes both in and outside of this country I think im speachless this time.

We are rewarding people for mass murder? Saved lives in africa threw aida ok what about all the people who already died by aids in africa? I dont know who rick warren is but I think to send a clear message to him his followers do not need to show up for this ceramony.

I have seen some $%*&ed up things in my time looking and just the news thats come out but this is going above and beyond anything I think ive read in recent years.

FBI do your dam job and arrest that man before he does anymore damage.

God help us all.

Falcon.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

So it's ok to kill Saddam?

You just attacked another poster for giving his opinion on him going to hell, You pardon it.

Yet you go and do the same thing? making a personal judgement of where he should go.

Do you even read the BULLPOO you just blab. The fact of the matter is he created massive conflict throughout the world. Therefore he is not peaceful and does not deserve any earth time on this planet. He is abomination and so is his father. They are sick and pure flith of the ground.

He has to be judged, it's his karma, and his bad karma is going to get him.
If we sing coob bina yanna or not.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mind is the universe
So it's ok to kill Saddam?

Was it OK?

If that is what you are asking, I suggest you ask the Iraqis who put him to death.

You just attacked another poster for giving his opinion on him going to hell, You pardon it.

I attacked no one, at least not in the way you describe. There is a huge difference between what I said and the poster, if you fail to see it I can't help you.

I am a centrist, I am often critical of Bush, but I wish him no personal harm in this life or the afterlife. If you can't see what that means I again can't help you.

I thought this thread was humorous at first, (see my first post in this thread)

We must keep our civility and humanity... Hope for a better future for all... Even George W. Bush.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Since this is the first time this award has ever been given, perhaps it was arranged by friends who wished to give Mr. Bush something to be proud of in his waning days.

As we already know, history will not be kind to this man.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
WOO HOO!!!!! This is the best laugh I have had all day. The sheer stupidity of others is just unbelievable.

Giving Bush a Medal for Peace is like being "kinda pregnant"

I mean really...who is kidding who here?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Maybe they meant... "We're going to cut you into pieces with metal."

That would be a bit more fitting for that filthy excuse for a man.

To the poster asking who are we to condemn somebody: We're his victims. We're among the 6.5 billion or so victims who now have to live in an unstable world, with an unstable economy, and an unstable energy situation that very well may collapse and destroy us all; and if it doesn't, we 6.5 billion or so victims still have to live in utter fear of the consequences of that piece of filth's actions.

So I agree whole heartedly: Send him to hell, and if there's no hell, turn the rest of his life into one.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I don't care if P.E.A.C.E is an acronym... this is a sick, twisted, and demented joke.

Who the heck is this D.C Warren?

... calming down now...

I have an idea.

We here at ATS, pending a vote from our members, should award Mr. Bush our own award.

We can take concepts of our own acronym.

I submit N.A.Z.I Award.
(North American Zero Intimidation Award)

Here's the details of my proposal...

1. We call a vote across ATS. Whether we want to send a joke award to the office of president George W. Bush.

2. We then take submissions of joke awards. While also taking charity contributions. (And I do mean charity... anything beyond what we need to make and send the award, we give to a charitable organization.)

3. We vote on the award which will be sent. Once voting is complete, we have the award made, and sent to the office of George W. Bush.

Whats in it for us.

-ATS Members, we get to actively participate in a piece of history!

-ATS Contributors, while getting your name remembered, you get to contribute to a charitable organization!

-ATS Readers, a load of comical fun, and possibly even MORE members because of it.!

-ATS Owners, a place in the story lines of media outlets!

-ATS in general, total country wide recognition for not only our comical side, but our contributions to a charity, and even more members!

Please consider my proposal people!
It's VERY doable, and it will be VERY beneficial for ATS!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
i know ill be pinged for this but ...why ?????

I have resigned myself tobe in the shadow of the decisions made by the dimly lit people of the world but to give them a medal for being such puppets is outstanding.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I also realized... how can it feasibly be labeled an international medal of peace, if the organization itself is based solely in one country?

Did the rest of the world get a say?

Did anyone outside of this organizations office have a say?

Anyways, I still hold to the proposition of a satirical ATS award.
At least then... we can still call it an international award!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
That is not a medal of Peace but a medal of P.E.A.C.E ...that has nothing to do with the word peace whatsoever. It's something related with AIDS or something >.>.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Why George Bush deserves this medal? He took Saddam Hussein out, ya okay 9/11 was probably staged, and his father's legacy was probably significant motivation, but it had to be done, an uncooperative and ruthless dictator isn't going to just turn a new leaf suddenly. At that time Saddam may not have had nuclear technology, but he had attempted to refine it in the past. In the event that he did get his hands on some yellow cake, I'm pretty sure he'd make use of it one way or another. No thanks.

Okay so there was the oil too, but look, oil, imagine one day without oil, the entire world would fall apart. Good thing the middle-east controls mass reserves of it, because now by legitimately buying it from them, we are essentially funding their policies. They knew this, that's why George introduced the hydrogen fuel initiative which has had over a billion dollars invested into it since. An attempt to avoid foreign oil dependence as well as to promote perfectly clean energy, H2 + O2 -> H2O + Heat, not bad?

It seems to me a lot of you are caught in the group thought of bush hating
"Why should bush win the international medal of peace? He was a warmongering president!" Come on the united states has had their hands in every major war, WW1 WW2 Coldwar Vietnam Gulfwar, your military is one of the best in the world, this is what you do, you stick your nose in everything, you eliminate threats, and you spread your democracy. You do this to prevent dealing with some snowball effect out of control dictator ten years down the line. This is what bush did, there was a problem and he dealt with it, he took the heat for it big time, your economy suffered, your reputation suffers, but now global prosperity is safer, the job got done. Stop hating, think objectively, and give the man his dues.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I don't care if P.E.A.C.E is an acronym... this is a sick, twisted, and demented joke.

Who the heck is this D.C Warren?

... calming down now...

I have an idea.

We here at ATS, pending a vote from our members, should award Mr. Bush our own award.

We can take concepts of our own acronym.

I submit N.A.Z.I Award.
(North American Zero Intimidation Award)

Here's the details of my proposal...

1. We call a vote across ATS. Whether we want to send a joke award to the office of president George W. Bush.

2. We then take submissions of joke awards. While also taking charity contributions. (And I do mean charity... anything beyond what we need to make and send the award, we give to a charitable organization.)

3. We vote on the award which will be sent. Once voting is complete, we have the award made, and sent to the office of George W. Bush.

hear hear! i second the notion.

I wonder if you can start a petition for this

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
That is not a medal of Peace but a medal of P.E.A.C.E

That is fair enough but they could at least have called it something else.. especially seeing as who is receiving the first ever award.

It kind of ruins it for everyone else.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
How are you people going to feel about Obama when he sends troops blazing into Afghanistan and Iran? You know it is inevitable because he, like every other president, has no control over the situation. Afghanistan has all the makings for a disaster. Urban fighting in Iraq doesn't compare to the challenging terrain of Afghanistan.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join