It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Go Back Asleep America,Sleep!

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This just goes to show the people at the top are EVIL, They must be laughing their heads off at this 1.....

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
He should win the medal of piece (of the action).

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This sort of reminds me of when I was a kid. I'd attend some function, win a spelling-bee, do something that was community oriented and when it was all over I'd get a "certificte of appreciation" or something along those lines. It was a big deal,for me as a kid. Years later as a young adult I went to work for a number of commercial printing companies and soon realized that this is where "certificates of appreciation" came from,anyone one could have these things printed up. The printers literally had reams of them all sorts of designs and colours,and gold seals to paste on them if you wanted to spend a little more money. It now seems that medals are pretty much the same thing.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I say good for Bush. It was the american people and the media who turned him in to what everyone hated. Sure, he may not have made some good choices, but he was turned in to something worse by the media and people who opposed him. *shrug* Not a problem anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 13 Circle
This is a joke, right? Just like Al Gore w/ his "bought and paid for" Nobel Peace Prize? I'm laughing.

The biggest LMAO took place years ago when the Nobel Prize commitee awarded two certified terrorists Arafat and Mandela with the Peace Prize. If bin Laden out of his age-induced senility denounces terrorism as a way to settle conflicts, he is surely on his way to Stockholm to receive the secular version of "bless me Father for I have sinned."

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
Another form of social manipulation. Just as Gore was given a medal for his HIGHLY flawed global warming film, Bush will be rewarded for something that could not be further from the truth.

He'll probably award himself a Medal of Honor too.

[edit on 3-12-2008 by dodgygeeza]

What's next? Dick Cheney becomes 2009 Nobel Peace Prize recipient?

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I can sort of understand that.

After all, dead people are pretty peaceful - and Bush has been making 'peace' with thousands.

I'm all of a sudden reminded of that X-Files episode where Muldaur meets a genie, wishes for world peace, and finds the whole world suddenly empty.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

george bush is a lot of things. this is something i can agree with he has helped out with all five of these by bringing more of them. well done mr president!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Best joke ever!!! This is where we live, criminals get medals while pacifists get assassinated.

Idiot world.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
OMG is this for real??????

This is a bad joke.. hmmm?

I can't believe Bush = peace medal.

*scratching my head

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightflyer28
After all, dead people are pretty peaceful - and Bush has been making 'peace' with thousands.

Brilliant!!

star for you... couldn't have said it any better!!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
And in related news…

Madonna wins international chastity award

Richard Simmons named worlds most masculine man

Paris Hilton receives Noble modesty prize

Pentagon named best bookkeeping organization

Ice cream determined to be worlds most healthy food

Also, dark is light, down is up, evil is good, and slavery is freedom.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Pastor Rick Warren awarded President George W. Bush the International Medal of P.E.A.C.E. for his AIDS relief program. The PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation.

rawstory.com...

Could this be the peace we are talking about? It is an acronym.

Bush assisting the poor? Educating people? In what universe? This is funny.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Thats a freaking out rage if anything he should be crusified hung and BURNED! maybe give him a medal fro the biggest joke in presidential history lmao!

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Rick warden is either extreamly high or is illuminati

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

...and preventing NUCULAH WARS!

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Either this medal is one: a joke

Two: Given out by the Skull and Bones Club.

Three: Just a "Give him something to play with
so he'll shut up and go away without a stuggle"
sort of thing.

Four: "Peace" was mispelled and it was meant to mean an award for grabbing an international "piece" of the world, but even if it was that, he didn't do a very good job at it.

It must be number two.

Paul Perner

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If Obama doesn't pull from Iraq within a year, would he inherit the title "War Criminal" from George Bush or did the peace medal awarded to the outgoing president cancel the illegal and immoral USA involvement in Iraq?

The feeling around here is that the award was a joke. Therefore Obama should get busy to take preventive measures against being labeled as a war criminal in the future. Of course, he won't get busy with Iraq, because he doesn't consider George Bush a war criminal and, as all presidents before him, doesn't give a minithought about how the folks he has on the leash feel about him -- apart from the election years.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

Clearly you are clueless about the South African situation, so please do not comment on it - go educate yourself, from a reputable source, not a six o' clock news broadcast and then comment with an informed conscience. Mandela is a freedom fighter!! Stood his ground for twenty seven years while totured and locked up in jail. Wake up sleepy head!!

I suppose you are suggesting that Ghandi was a terrorist as well??

Bush accepted the duties of the front man, while knowing all too well what the ends were - HE IS GUILTY OF MANY ATROCITIES!! He should be put in front of a Jury and tried - just as Sadam was. In fact he should be tried in front of a Muslim court, as well!! We all know what will happen to him then........

I say give GWB a medal.....a Noddy badge as well....hell, give him a necklace with all the ears of all the people he murdered!

He needs a bullet - YOUR TIME IS OVER, BOYS CLUB!!!

PEACE NOW!!!

Love and Light To ALL!!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join