It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Bush to receive 'international medal of peace'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

????

HOW CAN ANYONE GIVE THIS MAN A "MEDAL OF PEACE".

This is actually pretty funny.

Fair enough, he might have helped towards the elimination of HIV but peace?

He goes against almost everyone of these..

pandemic diseases, extreme poverty, illiteracy, self-centered leadership and spiritual emptiness.

And lets not forget how he made those middle easterners eat all that war and death.

Someone should give me a medal of peace for not going nuts when i read that article

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

ya because the middle east has been the most peaceful area on eartht he last 2000 years or so.....

/sarcasm

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

This is just a spit in the face.
he'll be smiling and smurking while accepting it.
this man deserves a bullet, not a medal!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Maybe most really are not able to have rational well thought out opinions. What with all the chemicals in the food and tap water. Not to mention when you watch t.v. your brain just takes in what its being told without debate. Most don't go back later to dissect everything they just took in. That's the whole point of watching it in the first place. To be simply 'informed'. I personally think that yes. The propaganda works that well. OR, there really are not as many people that back Bush as we may think. Who comes up with those numbers now? Are they not falsified as well? I'm sure that the citizens in Germany were told Hitler was a great guy as well.

link   

link   

Obama again praises Bush's AIDS relief efforts

President-Elect Barack Obama offered praise for at least one aspect of President Bush’s foreign policy Monday, during videotaped remarks to the Saddleback Civil Forum on Global Health hosted by Pastor Rick Warren.

“I salute President Bush for his leadership in crafting a plan for AIDS relief in Africa and backing it up with funding dedicated to saving lives and preventing the spread of the disease,” Obama said. “…My administration will continue this critical work to address the crisis around the world.”

Obama’s nominee for Secretary of State, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, said at the same event she wanted to “commend” Bush for the program, which she called “bold” and “important.”

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

If the guy who promises to go after the Bush administration to see if they committed crimes can praise Bush, why can't some of you guys?

Hell, even Hillary praised Bush for his work.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You've GOTTA be kidding me! This man no more deserves a Peace Award than Hitler or others of his ilk!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vladika_joan

Do you even know what the award is for? or are you just basing your assumptions on the title of the thread? Read into the thread and if you still feel the same way then, oh well.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I will post it again.

The PEACE is an acronym not the peace that most of you think.

Pastor Rick Warren awarded President George W. Bush the International Medal of P.E.A.C.E. for his AIDS relief program. The PEACE acronym stands for promotion of reconciliation, equipping servant leaders, assisting the poor, caring for the sick and educating the next generation.

PEACE in the Medal of Peace is an Acronym

Many of you guys are obviously reading only the first post or just the title. I don't think anybody in their right mind would give a peace award to a war President without realizing that they would be the butt joke of society. At least read the entire first page of the thread to ensure that nobody hasn't contradicted or refuted the story.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by mind is the universe

Umm the news articles never mentioned that Bush solved AIS/HIV, he was given a medal for helping to fight AIDS/HIV. Theres a difference.

One of the first things Bush did after taking office was immediately stop funding to all foreign women's clinics.

Why? Because some offered abortion. Like that is the only thing they did.

How does stopping financial aid for women's clinics in foreign poverty stricken areas help fight AIDS/HIV?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
ya because the middle east has been the most peaceful area on eartht he last 2000 years or so.....
/sarcasm

Yea, thats exactly the reason why he should be allowed & get a medal for sending in a load of troops to rape it for oil under the guise of 'war against terrorism'

///////////////////////////SSSAAARRRCCCAAASSSMMM

Hope I didn't hit a sore point with a bush war supporter there. /sarcasm

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
That's Great!!

I also heard that Dennis Kucinich won Congo's B.A.D.M.F.R. Award. That stands for Bad Ass Dictator Mega Fear Ruler award which is just excellent as well! Congratulations to George and Dennis!

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Excuse me while i throw up in my mouth abit ,carry on

[edit on 3-12-2008 by all2human]

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by Swatman
/sarcasm

Yea, thats exactly the reason why he should be allowed & get a medal for sending in a load of troops to rape it for oil under the guise of 'war against terrorism'

///////////////////////////SSSAAARRRCCCAAASSSMMM

Hope I didn't hit a sore point with a bush war supporter there. /sarcasm

you liberals are all the same. when did bush steal the oil???? how come no reports have come out saying we have stolen oil? how come oil was at its highest point ever until the economy fell? think before you turn into another mindless fool... ahh too late

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What? what the f@#%? this is crazy, peace trough war I guess. Whatever.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Please, you have to give up this line. Its so unbecoming of you. Bush did not deserve that award. Even if there is something to be said about his contribution to fighting AIDS in Africa he absolutely violated ALL the rest of the items that silly and misleading acronym stands for.
Even you have to admit that.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

couldn't agree with you more there. when i first started reading the article i was thinking that its just an elaborate joke and was waiting for the punch line. sadly i was disappointed.

but i think you had it spot on that it is so that masses can see bush as a valid president - and i personally believe it may be the first in a whole string of things to come to 'soften' our memory about the bush jnr era. One shouldn't forget that it was in 2005 that Bush Snr. started talking about Jed Bush being in the white house someday.
Bush III for Prez

If the people accurately remember the Bush II legacy then what hope is there for Jeb to be the future leader of the free world? Our memories need to be altered in order to fulfill their aim somehow.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

When the George Herbert Walker Bush - C.I.A. Building was dedicated by George Tenet he commented that he'd like to thank Mr. Bush "for preserving" the CIA. No kidding, killing Kennedy did that for sure.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
An almost humorous attempt to improve a legacy of failure with a shinny medal.

I am wondering what the criteria would be for this medal?

I can think of a few other historical figures who may also be deserving of such a prestigious award.

Care to guess who they would be?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Did anyone else think of that children's story, "The Emporer's New Clothes" when they read this?

I mean really, he gets a shiny medal to make him feel better, but considering the situation and the acronym PEACE, isn't that kind of ridiculous?

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The world since George Bushs' presidency has just spiralled down to a worse state of affairs. He has fanned the flames of hate with war and sanctions and they give him a peace reward?

It's rare i'm speechless, but in all truth i just don't know what else to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join