It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Excellent! I thank you for the education. I lived in the New Madrid area for about 23 years, never once felt a tremor. But I always knew it could happen, I just never knew when. I still think it is overdue, based on past history. But, as you say, probably not right away. Good day to you, sir.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
reply to post by gormly

I d think that the OP sahould have to apologize atall because what would you rather have someone who htinks they know about a pending disaster and doesnt say anything about it and many people are hurt, injured or even killed or someone who went out on a limb and was wrong

i know which one id rather have

and personally i think you should have to apologize if anyone does because of your last post

First your logic is seriously flawed, although I agree with you on principle, if someone knows something that would prevent tragedy or help the general public they should definately let everyone know.

But we are not talking about that.. we are talking about a person who has posted three alarmist prediction threads:

1. Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes
2. *Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -
3. *Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

Lately she has been running around her threads saying she isnt predicting anything and just giving us all information.

The titles speak volumes, and the content (some edited on her part) point directly at PREDICTION.

Warning people based on sound solid research is one thing.
Warning people based on an internet clipping service is quite another.

One is reality, the other is BS.

So tell me what I should be aplogizing for?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne
reply to post by RussianScientists

Excellent! I thank you for the education. I lived in the New Madrid area for about 23 years, never once felt a tremor. But I always knew it could happen, I just never knew when. I still think it is overdue, based on past history. But, as you say, probably not right away. Good day to you, sir.

Sorry to be a downer on the Madrid one, but I am pretty shore that the web-bot says California. I tend to think that way myself, seeing the lack of fault activity in that area. The way they say in the web-bot about fertal plains and dancing mountains, shore sounds more like California. Madrid will happen one day, but not this one that is coming. Also I see more fruit production and other AG industries and also ports that import, may be affected.

[edit on 12/11/2008 by zman]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly

Originally posted by BAZ752
reply to post by N. Tesla

I think you should apologise for coming across like a complete parochial fool yourself. Allow me to elaborate dear child...

You, YOU, are within a small number 'sane', 'rational' of people contributing to this thread??? You have the audacity to make such a claim yet you have done nothing but victimise the OP as 'easy meat'. It's text book school-yard tactics chum and I think you're in no position to speak on behalf of any 'sane' or 'rational' persons on this thread other than yourself.

Fact is, I also happen to acknowledge 'YOUR' side of the argument, and furthermore, I appreciate why you have YOUR views, but you've given nothing solid other than the fact that you clearly dislike prediction threads and concentrate largely on ridiculing those who 'stand for those beliefs'. See above, it's not pretty at all.

Personally, I'm neither FOR or AGAINST this issue, as the OP fully acknowledges, however, what I do stand for, is the very principle of the thread. The OP deserves better responses that those composed by yourself. Accept it for what it is.

You know what, I think YOU should apologise for coming across like a complete ASS while berating someone else for it. He May not have "contributed" (I say good for him) but you are not better than anyone else "dear child", so stop pretending to be. I can almost hear your little snide chuckle as you wrote that.

And then apologize for furthering these ideas. You and everyone else who helps perpetuate this CRAP.

Allow me to elaborate dear child...

It is people like you that allow the OP to post absolute CRAP over and over again, each time when nothing happens within their "prediction" window, they continue to move it out farther and farther and twist the meaning and results until they find something to fit.

People like YOU allow this to happen.

You prod these pretenders on, give them enchoragement, tell them it's all ok to have an "opinion", good show for all the effort, you're so impressed.... there doing good after all.. hurting no one.

Right?

NOT RIGHT!

They ARE hurting people, they frighten people, stress people out with their circumsantial "evidence" and supernatural BS. People get SCARED. They can do desperate things, cause personal turmoil, change their lives and the lives of others.

You think saying *****WARNING EARTHQUAKE COMING**** isn't the same as shouting "FIRE" in a theater? Think again.

Apologists like YOU are just as bad as people like the OP.

Perhaps we could put a thread together of the number of predictions ever made on ATS that came true..

Yea.. thats what I thought, we couldn't, it wouldn't contain anything.
So do us all a favor, the next time you want to berate someone on content or attitude, take a good look in the mirror.

As for the OP.

It's been 10 days, your time is UP. I am waiting for your apology thread that you promised.

Oh, quite the aggressor aren't we? Care to throw a muffin in with that?

Listen, if you're prepared to write something like that after what you read from my post then I'm prepared to offer you this; think before you speak because in no way have I advocated those things you accuse me of. Apologist??? Read through my posts before accusing me of fear-mongering and check them thoroughly before you come out with something as stupid and offensive as that drivel you've just spewed out there.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Everyone is telling everyone else to aplogize - no apologies are needed from anyone.

And the only apology I am going to give, has already been given in the last thread I did - in the form of a post a couple of days ago. Go and find it, if you feel you need to see "my apology"

People keep referring to this as a "prophecy" It is NOT a prophecy - it is a prediction from a computer that picks up our language on the internet.

So when people refer to it, do not use prophecy - use prediction.

This prediction did not come out of "thin air" either - it came from a proven computer program - which from my understanding "China" even uses a similar type one.

People have to remember - I did not make up the "predictions" in the first place - and I did not make up the postings either of weird animal behavior happening - there is NOTHING that I made up out of my head on any of these threads.

I have only been relaying information - that to me is credible (people's own sightings and thoughts on animals around their area). Be it right or wrong.

I am very hopeful as it is the morning of the 11th and I have checked the world maps of EQ's - there has not been a huge quake.

It does seem the swarms are all around California right now.

I just find it interesting that Calif. is getting all these EQ's - the New Madrid isn't letting off any - except maybe one small one once a week recently.

So why the most postings were around the mid section of states, stating odd animal behavior I don't know?

I am going to continue my prayers and continue with a feeling of hope that everyone in the world will be safe and secure come the 16th of December.

Again, which I have said over and over - the first thread - I did was due to my own belief in the webbot - and was a warning to others.

My second thread was and is an attempt to help and see what areas seem to have the most odd behavior so those people can prepare or do what they will - it was trying in my own way to help people - not put fear in them.

This thread - was to put it all together - so people did not have to read all the post of the 2nd thread - and to say - where the most odd behavior is going on.

If there had been lots of people in the New Madrid area that had said:
"Hey, all the animals around here are just fine and normal - and there is nothing unusual happening" to counter balance those "odd" behavior postings, then this thread would not have been done.

The point is - there were not counter balanced postings of normal behavior in the same areas.

So I personally felt - people around the "odd" animal behavior areas - should have a heads up type warning - which brings us full circle to my belief of webbot being correct in the past on their predictions.

As far as my "scaring, stressing out etc" people, what is interesting enough, is no one - but those who are attacking seem "scared". So then my only assumption is all those who are the most upset - are the ones who are scared and stressed over this prediction.

Everyone else has been discussing it in a calm manner and debating the webbot and also the other threads I did in a rational manner. And forgive me if I am wrong - but would those posters saying I am "scaring" people completely - please show me where there is a post that "someone is completely freaked out". People have expressed their concern - yes - but I haven't seen a post - where people are saying they are running away from the area - selling everything they own etc. I have seen post where people are saying they are getting extra supplies to have on hand, "in case" the webbot prediction happens.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
So when people refer to it, do not use prophecy - use prediction.

There is no difference between a prophecy or a prediction, they both have the same meaning attached to them the only difference is which word you choose to use for the description behind the terminology!

Originally posted by questioningallThis prediction did not come out of "thin air" either - it came from a proven computer program

No it didn't, you posted no proof at all to prove this predictive computer program works. By proof we need links & information we can verify, not just you saying "well it said the China EQ would hit, which it did", sorry but that does not constitute as proof!

From the webbotAs usual, hopefully this will be all wrong - an artifact of a defect piece of code in one of the 200+ small programs that make up the 'web bot project'.

LOL so because the predicted EQ didn't happen instead of holding their hands up and saying "ok so maybe the web bot doesn't work" they just claim it to be an artifact of a defect piece of code ? Is that going to be the excuse for every other outlandish prediction they make that doesn't come true ?

While it may predict financial market changes by picking up words off the internet I can explain why this works. The market is driven mainly driven by people talking, stocks & shares are only as valuable as people are willing to pay for them, if speculators start talking negatively about certain things within the market then prices will duely drop as people will follow suit and discuss about "x product" about to bottom out. I'd like to see how good the web bot worked at predictions for financial markets if it filtered out all words relating to the financial market, I doubt it would do very well at all. The web bot is nothing but a glorified gossip collection device, filtering out all the useless gossip and sorting through the most common occurances of financial talk then making a prediction from that which is almost certain to come true because it's gossip which drives the market and value of shares!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
ok everyone needs to shut the hell up with the arguing....

WE STILL HAVE FOUR DAYS LEFT.

if the prediction is wrong its wrong.... if its right its right.....

just wait and see and stop bickering. NO ONE HERE IS FROM WEBBOT

so picking fights with people who #1 arent subscribed to webbot for 180 bucks and #2 dont even know exactly how it works is meaningless.

the next person who has nothing good to add to this thread should be temporarily banned.

This is getting rediculous reading through 2000 character posts on why someone should apologize. GROW UP.

No one needs to apologize its a prediction... PREDICTION MEANS ITS NOT FACT.

you are all arguing as if this is supposed to be a fact.

ANY AND ALL POSTS TO GO AFTER THIS MESSAGE BETTER BE ONE OF THE TWO TYPES I LIST BELOW

#1 SUPPORTING EVIDENCE AND IDEAS WITH LINKS

#2 UNSUPPORTING EVIDENCE AND IDEAS WITH LINKS

if you dont have either to post then save it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sciencenewby
ok everyone needs to shut the hell up with the arguing....

WE STILL HAVE FOUR DAYS LEFT.

if the prediction is wrong its wrong.... if its right its right.....

just wait and see and stop bickering. NO ONE HERE IS FROM WEBBOT

so picking fights with people who #1 arent subscribed to webbot for 180 bucks and #2 dont even know exactly how it works is meaningless.

the next person who has nothing good to add to this thread should be temporarily banned.

This is getting rediculous reading through 2000 character posts on why someone should apologize. GROW UP.

No one needs to apologize its a prediction... PREDICTION MEANS ITS NOT FACT.

you are all arguing as if this is supposed to be a fact.

ANY AND ALL POSTS TO GO AFTER THIS MESSAGE BETTER BE ONE OF THE TWO TYPES I LIST BELOW

#1 SUPPORTING EVIDENCE AND IDEAS WITH LINKS

#2 UNSUPPORTING EVIDENCE AND IDEAS WITH LINKS

if you dont have either to post then save it.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!

2nd line post!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

First your logic is seriously flawed, although I agree with you on principle, if someone knows something that would prevent tragedy or help the general public they should definately let everyone know.

But we are not talking about that.. we are talking about a person who has posted three alarmist prediction threads:

1. Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes
2. *Alert System* Tell what weird possible Earthquake Animal, Sky or Water behavior is happening -
3. *Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

Lately she has been running around her threads saying she isnt predicting anything and just giving us all information.

The titles speak volumes, and the content (some edited on her part) point directly at PREDICTION.

Warning people based on sound solid research is one thing.
Warning people based on an internet clipping service is quite another.

One is reality, the other is BS.

So tell me what I should be aplogizing for?

she never predicted a thing though she was giving information from web bot so i personally dont think she has a single thing to apologize for atall

and it was just other people who assumed that we are going to have a massive earthquake and started panicking

and yes if anyone (although no one should) should aplogize it should be indeed u because of what was written in your post on the last page

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
hey something just happened hear in Burlington, Ia. The ground shook at 9:31 and then 9:32 and then 9:34 and then at 9:37 am CST. With the 9:32 being the greatest. Checking USGS.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sciencenewby

I didnt see this post so my post may be a little bit against what you are talking about so my bad

star for u to say im sorry

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Hey Gormly - thank you for your following comment that you left on my profile:

I am going to call you out on your prediction threads, three recent alarmist headines all about ther same thing.
People commend you for "speaking out" and "informing" us. You can't fool everyone all the time and I am going to hold you to your predictions.

You WILL apologize as your predictions come to pass as you said you would.

Your scaring people who don't know better and causing stress for your own benefit.

Any apology you feel you need, you can find on *Serious Warnings thread - so you can go and read it, as that is the only apology I will issue.

One thing - I am sorry you are so scared and stressed out over my threads, you seem to be only one of a very few. (oh there is my personal apology to you - happy now?) If you are so scared, I would advise maybe going to other threads like:

"N.Y.C. to be destroyed Feb 2009"
"FEMA coffins in Georgia"
Obama is the Anti-Christ
zombie apocalypse could be possible

Those are just a few of many - Yes, you should definitely go to those threads, I am sure they will have a much more rational discourse on future, current events, and predictions, and non fear mongering, than this thread.

Though I have to say - from my observation:

The majority have found the webbot predictions interesting and people have found the "odd behavior thread" very interesting - ( as I surmise that from the majority of the postings), including people who are interested in maybe going further with it - that are in those fields.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Any apology you feel you need, you can find on *Serious Warnings thread - so you can go and read it, as that is the only apology I will issue.

One thing - I am sorry you are so scared and stressed out over my threads, you seem to be only one of a very few. (oh there is my personal apology to you - happy now?) If you are so scared, I would advise maybe going to other threads like:

"N.Y.C. to be destroyed Feb 2009"
"FEMA coffins in Georgia"
Obama is the Anti-Christ
zombie apocalypse could be possible

Those are just a few of many - Yes, you should definitely go to those threads, I am sure they will have a much more rational discourse on future, current events, and predictions, and non fear mongering, than this thread.

Though I have to say - from my observation:

The majority have found the webbot predictions interesting and people have found the "odd behavior thread" very interesting - ( as I surmise that from the majority of the postings), including people who are interested in maybe going further with it - that are in those fields.

I know what you are doing and I am calling you out, you and the rest of your friends can post bs all day long and I will make it my mission to point out your flaws and call you out when you predict

!!EARTHQUAKES!!

from webbot.

Your welcome for the post I made on your profile.

You don't need to apologizxe to me.. I am not the least bit stressed, I just can't stand people like you who do what you do. I just decided to take a stand when I saw YOUR POSTS..

ALL THREE OF THEM.

You say some peoplethink your animal thread is interesting.. guess what?
So would I... in fact it IS interesting and if you took the specter of EARTHQUAKE out of it I wouldn't say boo to you.. In fact I'd probably congratulate you.

Your intent wasnt to make an interesting thread, it ws to support your EARTHQUAKE theory of the other two posts.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by gormly]

[edit on 11-12-2008 by gormly]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by zman

No downer to me, friend! I still have friends and family back in the Memphis area. I personally hope ( and believe) there is nothing to this. Me and mine know that Mother Nature can have a nasty attitude on any given day. We don't live in fear because of it. I have slept through hurricanes when I lived on the Gulf Coast, and I have been up close and personal with a tornado. I've never been in an earth quake, but maybe one day. Mother Nature can be real scary, for sure, but overall, she is one awesome, UNPREDICTABLE Lady!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne
reply to post by zman

No downer to me, friend! I still have friends and family back in the Memphis area. I personally hope ( and believe) there is nothing to this. Me and mine know that Mother Nature can have a nasty attitude on any given day. We don't live in fear because of it. I have slept through hurricanes when I lived on the Gulf Coast, and I have been up close and personal with a tornado. I've never been in an earth quake, but maybe one day. Mother Nature can be real scary, for sure, but overall, she is one awesome, UNPREDICTABLE Lady!

Never fear, always keep your head about you. I lived in SC and had a tornado run through my back yard taken up trees likes they where twigs. I lived through at least 4 hurricanes. Yep, good old mother nature can be awsome.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gormly
error please delete

If you manage to do that again I suggest the mods delete YOU.

So if I read this correctly, we are now in the middle of the predicted "quake period", I don't see anything in the seismographic reports.

Anything elsewhere in the world that we know of, was this localized in terms of region?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

I had notified the mods and they deleted his (gormly's) 18 post of

error please delete

that he did here over and over

He had gone onto my other threads and did the similar thing over and over.

The mods have obviously taken care of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thanks for clarifying, if he's doing that deliberately it needs to be taken care of permanently.

Well done for reporting

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
questioningall -

I thank you for bringing all this info together. I am really interested in the webbot program, and have been reading about it for some time. There may be something to it... who knows? If there is something there, great! If not, then let's find out. Isn't that what we are all about? Exploring and learning together on a forum? That is one of the reasons I like ATS so much.

Not sure why people are so intent on debunking this... debunking what? It's just discussion over someone else's work.

Have a wonderful day!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Hey I'm still here?

Man I thought the house would fall already and I could collect the insurance!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join