It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The "super moon" tomorrow has me a little worried.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ok one day passed nothing to report,i think this will be the same for another 4 days,and the op can eat her words that the web bot is nonsense...

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In the past the web bot developers have mis-interpreted the language. For example on October 7th everyone thought it was going to be a terrorist attack and it ended up being the beginning of the stock market crash.

The reason I mention this is because New Orleans saw a significant amount of snowfall. This struck me as quite unusual because that area doesn't see this much snow. Could the web bot have mis-interpreted the language?

Not trying to over analyze anything here, just trying to point out these unusual events. Like I said the web bot can mis-interpret the language so we should be watching for any significant events, not just earthquakes.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Mikey2448]

[edit on 11-12-2008 by Mikey2448]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey2448

I get it could create a chicken bot! All I need to do is watch my chickens count the number of times they peck dark spots on the diagram that I lay out.the diagram will have many colors all will predict events that will come to be!But the dark spots"black" will be a aaa.. Stay tooneed..

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

Comrad "zman", Web Bot predicted two earthquakes, and it's prediction included one in the region of New Madrid, Missouri and the other one around Vancouver, Washingtion.

There seems to be a lot of people stating that Web Bot did not predict one for the area of New Madrid, Missouri; but they are wrong. If you look for the following article using Google you will find out that the Web Bot people did predict the area around New Madrid, Missouri to be struck.

Web-Bot Project Says Giant Quake by Dec 15 -- Avoid New Madrid Fault
Posted December 2nd, 2008 by Agesilaus

As you can see from the above article if you search for it using Google that it is true they did forecast one to stike in the area of New Madrid.

Also if you put in

New Madrid Fault Web Bot Earthquake

on the Google search engine you will even find more references where Web Bot has picked the New Madrid area.

As a matter of fact if you really look into it, Web Bot basically has predicted these two "huge earthquakes" to strike in all kinds of places all over the world, when you really look at the sites that Web Bot has chosen.

They have predicted sites "all over the world", but the time line that they are to strike in is still between now and the 15th.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zman

Comrad "zman", Web Bot predicted two earthquakes, and it's prediction included one in the region of New Madrid, Missouri and the other one around Vancouver, Washingtion.

There seems to be a lot of people stating that Web Bot did not predict one for the area of New Madrid, Missouri; but they are wrong. If you look for the following article using Google you will find out that the Web Bot people did predict the area around New Madrid, Missouri to be struck.

As you can see from the above article if you search for it using Google that it is true they did forecast one to stike in the area of New Madrid.

Also if you put in

New Madrid Fault Web Bot Earthquake

on the Google search engine you will even find more references where Web Bot has picked the New Madrid area.

As a matter of fact if you really look into it, Web Bot basically has predicted these two "huge earthquakes" to strike in all kinds of places all over the world, when you really look at the sites that Web Bot has chosen.

They have predicted sites "all over the world", but the time line that they are to strike in is still between now and the 15th.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

I'm repeating this one...from an interview with the web bot creator Clif High:

So the next time we do an earthquake predication… which is for December 10th through 12th. We think there’s gonna be two very large earthquakes. They’re not necessarily in the same place on the planet, but they could be. We have some references that we seem to think are valid for the Pacific northwest, where I live.

We also have some references for the band of latitude 32 degrees north to 36 degrees north, which would cover places life California, Japan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, etc. And that’s the best we can do at this stage.

The only two US locations he talks about are the Pacific Northwest and Canada.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

The only two US locations he talks about are the Pacific Northwest and Canada.

Umm....Canada is not in the US my friend, i belive thier orginal wording was somthing to the effect of Two large earthquakes possibly in the pacific north west or westcoast/vancouver size earthquake.

- The Web Bot foresee a West Coast/Vancouver area large-scale earthquake around December 12, 2008.
Many have seen signs of this coming for quite some time. This may not be the “Big One”, but it will prove to be significant and very devastating to the area.

linky

[edit on 12/11/0808 by Trayen11]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
well, the pacific coast that aligns with 32 degrees north and 36 degree north latitude would be between San Diego and Bakersfield CA. With an all time favorite LA in the middle.

Not even San Francisco is within this latitude.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
That's why the web bot idea is so clever. Let the people "predict" the future. All the web bot does is search the web and output random strings of text about things that people think are going to happen. Then the humans interpret the "language" and make it fit into practically any situation on Earth.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Totakeke]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech
Secondly you have made absurd claims that these web bots are truely effective at predictions yet despite being asked on numerous occasions, you refuse to back up these claims with substantial evidence added to the fact that you are freely advertising a company which makes money from these so called predictions

While the OP might not have provided what you were looking for, I feel like I've independently verified the information that can be found in the archives from January of this year up until now. Specifically, there are four different events which I feel were positive hits from predictions made from the webbot prior to the events happening.

In addition, someone earlier in the thread was clamoring for timestamps. I found the following after looking around for about five minutes, which I would guess is more time spent than most of the debunkers have spent actually reading some of the links in this thread.

www.urbansurvival.com

We apologize that our data is not as neat and as well preserved as one might hope. Part of that is because I've been through two computers since we started this, and Cliff has been through a couple of ISP's...some of the early files were lost, although most of the outputs were logged in to a dot mil computer so timestamps are available

George Ure is a busy guy, but I'm sure if you emailed him he could point you in the right direction if timestamps are what you are after concerning some of the earlier webbot predictions.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Could it be that after the first prediction, as the web-bot was gathering data and people started discussing it, it started picking data about people that were concerned about this possible event, changing the prediction according to the ones that were most frightened or preoccupied with it (like people on this thread that posted something like "I am in XXXXXX", so that place started getting mixed with the prediction).

Good question and that is covered in the article at Reality Sandwich

The reports are offered on a per-run basis, with new subscriptions costing $280 USD. Subscribers can then renew for later runs at $70 USD. The price points, in part, are intentionally chosen so that people who don't have money to lose don't "gamble" their limited resources on a self-described crackpot prophesy. Also, were the audience to grow too large, the likelihood of the reports appearing on the Internet intact increases. And with that comes the increased chance of the snake swallowing its own tail, as the search spiders find their own reports referencing back to their own dictionaries, which results in corruption of the data. (This actually happened with their first attempt to go public with a prediction.) So, the first rule of Half Past Human is: don't talk about Half Past Human.

I would also like to point out that these people aren't in it for the money, as has been suggested by a few people on this thread.

The small size of the subscriber base (in the low hundreds) is also reflective of their marketing techniques. Their site states, "Most humans will wisely refrain from subscribing to an ALTA (Asymmetric Language Trend Analysis) series." Returning subscribers are thanked for their support, but cautioned that, "really, you should probably seek counseling now."

If you can't tell, the Time Monks do have a sense of humor about it all.

Last thing before I head to bed. The words in parenthesis are the words that pop out of the data and are used to make the predictions I believe. I know there are different levels of data within different subsets which they have to literally sift through to see what jumps out at them.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Evil Genius]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You realize there is no webbot right?
Its just some loony scammers on a website who think they are psychic.

And people give them money.:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Since a lot of people are accusing others here of fear mongering let me just post this information on New Madrid (yes I know many are talking about the Pacific Northwest and California but the coordinates given smack right in the middle of New Madrid so it is the likely culprit being talked about in this supposed webbot prediction)...............

OK let's just get the facts out there to everyone of the horrors of what this would be (almost unimaginable if it happened today) and then instead of ridiculing and attacking others here, let's just all hope and pray that the webbot prediction if it did in fact predict this (which there seems to be an argument that even did) - that if it did predict that it is wrong. Let's all think about that instead of accusing others of fear mongering. I know I will simply say it's unlikely of course this would happen, but just because it could happen (you never know) I'm just going to hope it does not happen and think about it in those terms.

So we should all be HAPPY if it does not happen rather than ridiculing others about their posts and here is why:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Historic Earthquakes
New Madrid Earthquakes 1811-1812

Earthquake Summary

1811, December 16, 08:15 UTC. Northeast Arkansas
Magnitude 8.1
On the basis of the large area of damage (600,000 square kilometers), the widespread area of perceptibility (5,000,000 square kilometers), and the complex physiographic changes that occurred, the Mississippi River valley earthquakes of 1811-1812 rank as some of the largest in the United States since its settlement by Europeans. The area of strong shaking associated with these shocks is two to three times larger than that of the 1964 Alaska earthquake and 10 times larger than that of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.
The magnitude of these series of earthquakes, usually named the New Madrid, Missouri, earthquakes, vary considerably between the mb and Ms values estimated by Nuttli. The mb was estimated from isoseismal maps, and the MS was estimated from a spectral scaling relation by Nuttli for mid-plate earthquakes. The value of MS magnitude has a functional relationship to the mb. The authors have chosen to include the Mfa magnitude because it was estimated from isoseismal maps, as were most of the historical earthquakes.
The first and second earthquakes occurred in Arkansas (December 16, 1811 - two shocks - Mfa 7.2, MSn 8.5 and Mfa 7.0, MSn 8.0) and the third and fourth in Missouri (January 23, 1812, Mfa 7.1, MSn 8.4; and February 7, 1812, Mfa 7.4, MSn 8.8). Otto Nuttli, however, has postulated another strong earthquake in Arkansas on December 16 at 18:00 UTC (MSn 8.0). This would make a total of five earthquakes of magnitude MSn 8.0 or higher occurring in the period December 16, 1811 through February 7, 1812.
The first earthquake caused only slight damage to man-made structures, mainly because of the sparse population in the epicentral area. The extent of the area that experienced damaging earth motion (MM intensity greater than or equal to VII) is estimated to be 600,000 square kilometers. However, shaking strong enough to alarm the general population (MM intensity greater than or equal to V) occurred over an area of 2.5 million square kilometers.
At the onset of the earthquake the ground rose and fell - bending the trees until their branches intertwined and opening deep cracks in the ground. Landslides swept down the steeper bluffs and hillslides; large areas of land were uplifted; and still larger areas sank and were covered with water that emerged through fissures or craterlets. Huge waves on the Mississippi River overwhelmed many boats and washed others high on the shore. High banks caved and collapsed into the river; sand bars and points of islands gave way; whole islands disappeared. Surface rupturing did not occur, however. The region most seriously affected was characterized by raised or sunken lands, fissures, sinks, sand blows, and large landslides that covered an area of 78,000 - 129,000 square kilometers, extending from Cairo, Illinois, to Memphis, Tennessee, and from Crowleys Ridge to Chickasaw Bluffs, Tennessee.
Although the motion during the first shock was violent at New Madrid, Missouri, it was not as heavy and destructive as that caused by two aftershocks about 6 hours later. Only one life was lost in falling buildings at New Madrid, but chimneys were toppled and log cabins were thrown down as far distant as Cincinnati, Ohio; St. Louis, Missouri; and in many places in Kentucky, Missouri, and Tennessee.
The Lake County uplift, about 50 kilometers long and 23 kilometers wide, upwarps the Mississippi River valley as much as 10 meters in parts of southwest Kentucky, southeast Missouri, and northwest Tennessee. The uplift apparently resulted from vertical movement along several, ancient, subsurface structures; most of this uplift has occurred during earthquakes. The Lake County uplift can be subdivided into several topographic bulges, including Tiptonville dome, Ridgely Ridge, and the south end of Sikeston Ridge. A strong correlation exists between modern seismicity and the uplift, indicating that stresses that produced the uplift still exist today.
Tiptonville dome, which is 14 kilometers in width and about 11 kilometers in length, shows the largest upwarping and the highest topographic relief on the uplift. It is bounded on the east by Reelfoot scarp, which has a zone of normal faults (displacement about 3 meters) at its base. Although most of Tiptonville dome formed between 200 and 2,000 years ago, additional uplifting deformed the northwest and southeast parts of the dome during the earthquakes of 1811-1812.
A notable area of subsidence is Reelfoot Lake in Tennessee, just east of Tiptonville dome. Subsidence there ranged from 1.5 to 6 meters, although larger amounts were reported. It may be that the lake was enlarged by compaction, upwarping, and subsidence occurring simultaneously during the New Madrid earthquakes.
Other areas subsided by as much as 5 meters, although 1.5 to 2.5 meters was more common. Lake St. Francis, in eastern Arkansas, which was formed by subsidence, is 64 kilometers long by 1 kilometer wide. Coal and sand were ejected from fissures in the swamp land adjacent to the St. Francis River, and the water level is reported to have risen there by 8 to 9 meters.
Large waves were generated on the Mississippi River by fissures opening and closing below the surface. Local uplifts of the ground and water waves moving upstream gave the illusion that the river was flowing upstream. Ponds of water also were agitated noticeably.
Otto Nuttli reported that more than 200 moderate to large earthquakes occurred on the New Madrid fault between December 16, 1811, and March 15, 1812 (5 of MS about 7.7; 10 of MS about 6.7; 35 of MS about 5.9; 65 of MS about 5.3; and 89 of Ms about 4.3). Nuttli also noted that about 1,800 earthquakes of mb about 3.0 to 4.5 occurred in that same period.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by Red Cloak]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
The web bot does not predict anything. It simply searches the internet for future statements, does something to them (what specifically we do not know), and then gives us these results we're supposed to interpret. Humans cannot predict future seismic events, or any kind of obscure, surprise event. We can predict things that are likely to happen, but the only reason why the web bot returned results that may or may not be an earthquake, are because that's what people were talking about at the time.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totakeke
The web bot does not predict anything. It simply searches the internet for future statements, does something to them (what specifically we do not know), and then gives us these results we're supposed to interpret. Humans cannot predict future seismic events, or any kind of obscure, surprise event. We can predict things that are likely to happen, but the only reason why the web bot returned results that may or may not be an earthquake, are because that's what people were talking about at the time.

If you have read many of the postings here, you will find, no the webbot does not pick up the "exact words" like we are talking about right now.

The webbot, began picking these EQ's up 1 1/2 years ago - (now I don't believe any of us, were talking about EQ's at that time, as we are now)

The webbot picks up "emotional" events - from all of our writings - as together we make a "superconsiousness". So it will pick up some words used over and over again then it goes in front and back of that word and picks up words of what the event will be and the emotional aspect.

There are some good interviews and here is one, that I highly suggest people listen to, or read, to understand how the webbot was created and how it works.

www.projectcamelot.org...

The above link takes you directly to a transcript of a radio interview, you can also listen to the audio of it if you want.

Reading that, will help you best understand the webbot.

BTW: The history channel has even had the webbot on some of it programs, when it has talked about the future.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Although it's not an earthquake, does the failure of the AUTO bailout have any meaning to all of this?

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I get physical symptoms with earthquakes depending on where and how severe they will be. I live in Sydney Australia and have found in the past that quakes which eventuate in the Kermadec Islands just north of New Zealand have the worst effect, but they generally just make me feel really strung out, but tonight I have really awful pains along my spine and am unaware of any real physical cause of this, so perhaps there is going to be a major quake in an unusual place very soon.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nineteen
I get physical symptoms with earthquakes depending on where and how severe they will be. I live in Sydney Australia and have found in the past that quakes which eventuate in the Kermadec Islands just north of New Zealand have the worst effect, but they generally just make me feel really strung out, but tonight I have really awful pains along my spine and am unaware of any real physical cause of this, so perhaps there is going to be a major quake in an unusual place very soon.

If you check the USGS there's some activity with a fair few 5+ magnitude quakes in the kerdamec island region recently

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Wow. These threads are full of posts from people who THINK they understand how WebBot works but have no clue. And many others that are perpetuating bad information about what WebBot has said. Cases in point:

The web bot does not predict anything. It simply searches the internet for future statements, does something to them (what specifically we do not know), and then gives us these results we're supposed to interpret

All the web bot does is search the web and output random strings of text about things that people think are going to happen. Then the humans interpret the "language" and make it fit into practically any situation on Earth.
[edit on 12-12-2008 by Totakeke]

The WebBot does NOT work this way and the OP has tried to point this out. The WebBot does not look for strings of text (like earthquake, for example) and see how often it shows up. Nothing even close to that.

In an oversimplified explanation, what they did when they first developed WebBot and have optimized over the years is setup a huge list of 'target words and phrases'. They then look for CHANGES to language around those words. Over a massive dataset the language around their targets would tend to be the same. What they look for is statistically significant deviations from that baseline. Nothing whatsoever to do with 'looking for what people are talking about on the Web'. WebBot specifically does NOT look for what we are consciously discussing because. of course, that would be self-fulfilling. WebBot is trying to identiufy subconscious shifts in liguisitics in order to pick up on precognitive signals. As I have said previously, WebBot is building on the massive body of work that has proved and quantified human precognition.

Originally posted by RussianScientists

With all due respect RussianScientist, who is Agesilaus and what verifiable connection does he/she/it have with WebBot? People post all kinds brown-trout on the web. That doesn't make it true.

I have closely watched WebBot for a long time. Many years. It is closely related to what I have done for a living for over two decades. So I have a professional curiosity. WebBot (halfpasthuman.com nor urbansurvival.com) have EVER said there would be an earthquake on December 15th. Let alone at New Madrid. What they HAVE said is that they are seeing indicators for two large earthquakes that are somewhat back-to-back. The 'window' for that occurrance is roughly between Dec 10th and Jan 4th with the highest liklihood in the window of Dec 10th through Dec 15th. NEVER one on the 10th and one on the 15th as so many people keep perpetuating. It was never said. Ever.

Originally posted by Mikey2448
For example on October 7th everyone thought it was going to be a terrorist attack and it ended up being the beginning of the stock market crash.

Similarly. They NEVER said there would be a terrorist attack on Oct 7th. What they DID say was that there would be a massive economic event/collapse around Oct 7th with alot of emphasis on 'collapse of the dollar'. They also predicted a second 'event' around Oct 15th that had a 'military' aspect to it.

There was nothing obviously evident regarding the Oct 15th 'event' but anyone who dismisses the historic ass-over-tea-kettle that happened the week of October 7th is seriously deluding themselves. Remember, as bad as that week was here in the US it was (so far) MUCH worse in many other countries. Northing like it has happened since the 1930's if even that can compare. Lucky guess? Do the math.

The WebBot is NOT perfect. The developers are the first to admit that, It requires human interpretation of the data and that is where error creeps in. But to be fair, look at seismology or medical diagnostics, for example. They take an array of readings and then try to make sense of them. It's not black-and-white and they sometimes get it wrong. But people here are being decidely unfair --- and in some cases outright disingenuous --- in their comments on the WebBot work and this thread subject.

Please, don't repeat things you don't understand or perpetuate someone else's misstatements.

[edit on 12-12-2008 by jtma508]

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join