It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisgustedOne

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Here it is and of course nothing happened. This one can clearly be labeled a hoax and filed away with Blossom.

Whoa there, cowboy! I think HOAX is a strong term to use here. Hoax implies intent to deceive and I seriously doubt this was the OP's intention, in spite of what a lot of the dissenters on this thread are saying. And for the record, I neither support nor disbelieve the whole web-bot thing. I had never heard of the web-bot until I poked around in this thread. I am curious, however, and willing to wait for the window to close before passing judgment on THIS prediction. If the OP is sincere in intent (and I think she is) and nothing comes of this, I believe she will post a proper retraction and apology. What about it, QuestioningAll? Am I right?

I believe the overall outcome of these threads will be a more awareness to nature around us. People having stored food, water, batteries, and survival type gear. I hope people have looked at those "alternative' ways of cooking and storing food.

I am very happy that the 10th (one day down) has almost gone by and everyone around the world is still safe!

I will look forward to the 16th to come and I will be very excited and thrilled to put up a thread - Webbot predicted wrong - or something of that affect.

When I do that thread - I will also put in an analysis of why I felt the need to follow webbot's wrong predictions by trying to see into the future and how it as affected my life and how I have learned from it.

It will not just be a thread of - Webbot was wrong - but it will be a thread looking deeper into reasons I and others may try to look at something outside ourselves for guidence and knowing future happenings.

So I do not say it lightly nor with shame or anything else - I will be THRILLED to do a thread on the 16th if nothing happens.

If people don't understand my sincerity when I say that - then they have not read all the posts etc from everyone.

I will say too - I have gotten u2u's from some "real" researchers who are interested in the whole concept of looking further into animal behavior and so on.

So I am not ashamed or anything else for doing these threads - I believe the overall outcome is positive - due to the fact - people have learned things, including myself. Also - the other thread of asking people for odd animal behavior may be a stepping stone for the future.

[edit on 10-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
can i ask why we need a 4th thread full of crap? please explain to me why you insist on continuing this nonsense. cut your losses and walk away.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
32-37 degrees. What does that mean? Really. It is all so darn jumbled to me it makes nonsense.

To say china or San Francisco is rediculous. Give specifics, where on earth is 32-37 degrees?

When you say Sanfrancisco or NewMadras, thats a world apart.

I am getting more confused and those of you that bring up the web predictions act like you understand, oh its all clear to me, just read this....

Please Enlighten me! Please do some explaining if you can really understand the webot.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Tesla,

I've almost posted this at least a dozen times and deleted it every time. If a quake does strike and fits the parameters of the web bot, are YOU willing to apologize and admit YOU were wrong?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VelmaLu

i think i answered that . i said yes i would if given a fair reason
. i see no reason to apologize for being skeptical.

i don't expect anyone to apologize to me after the 16th for all the abuse i had to put up with for being among the small number of sane and rational ones in this thread.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
Tesla,

I've almost posted this at least a dozen times and deleted it every time. If a quake does strike and fits the parameters of the web bot, are YOU willing to apologize and admit YOU were wrong?

Are YOU willing to apologize and admit YOU were wrong when it doesnt occur?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Of course. Heck, I'll even apologize now. I'm sorry. So sorry.

You see, I don't have a whole lot of ego invested in the outcome.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

i don't see you 'getting' any more abuse than you're dishing out on the thread author. most of us it seems, skeptics and believers alike, are willing to sit this out and wait for a conclusion.

why are you being so hard on her? you sound really angry.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelmaLu
Of course. Heck, I'll even apologize now. I'm sorry. So sorry.

You see, I don't have a whole lot of ego invested in the outcome.

Good then its agreed, the one who is incorrect will apologise and I will remove the link of this thread from my Incorrect/ Bad prophecy thread

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
well first of all let me say i haven't read this whole thread. i did read the op though. if i could play judge for a minute?

tesla is wrong for picking on easy targets. he knew this wasn't going to happen from the get go, same as the op. that puts them on level ground and tesla knew better. shame on you

the op isn't necessarily proven wrong. surely there were "earthquakes" somewhere eh? maybe deeeeeep down in the mantle.

ok fine but it works.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Well I can answer that one. That's how Tesla is. Don't take it personally. He just hates prediction threads

-Ign0RanT

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ign0rant
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Well I can answer that one. That's how Tesla is. Don't take it personally. He just hates prediction threads

-Ign0RanT

i think he secretly likes them. he's in here enough.
tEn lines!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

If these threads are such a waste of your time why don't you read another thread? I believe that she has made it abundantly clear she is not trying to prove webbot....she is just doing a little research. No harm...

If you don't agree...fine...state you case and move on but I really think you enjoy antagonizing and stirring the pot or you wouldn't waste your time here. It's one thing to be skeptical but it's another to scoff repeatedly.

Questionall...you have explained yourself and your position in an abundantly clear manner...there is no reason to do so everytime they yank your chain. Ignore them and maybe they will go away because they will have noone else to argue with. I'm not sold on webbot, but it's not about webbot. It may have been the planted seed that got the gears going but that is ok because you've really tried to do something. Atlease you are humble enough to apologize for offending people and repeatedly restating your reasons....IMHO no matter how you explain they will not get it.

Ignore them now and lets continue to see how it all unfolds. Hopefully we can all laugh about this later.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
two articles to take note of just recently posted...
www.nytimes.com...
news.xinhuanet.com...
There we go, one happened in the fertile plains of Illinois, and the other dancing mountains... =)

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mozzy
well first of all let me say i haven't read this whole thread. i did read the op though. if i could play judge for a minute?

tesla is wrong for picking on easy targets. he knew this wasn't going to happen from the get go, same as the op. that puts them on level ground and tesla knew better. shame on you

the op isn't necessarily proven wrong. surely there were "earthquakes" somewhere eh? maybe deeeeeep down in the mantle.

ok fine but it works.

If you're going to come to a thread this long and refuse to read most of it, at least have the decency to understand that it isn't just "any" earthquake on "any" date, it's specific size in a specific latitude in a range of dates.

Also, if you did have the respect and courtesy the other posters had to actually read the thread, you would realize that the Time Monks predicted the last big earthquake in China, but were off by one day.

So it isn't as cut and dried as you make it out to be. Do us all a favor, at least read the thread before commenting.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
link

I just got back from urban survival.

The above earthquake happened on the 10th Click the link to see where.
If not you will have to suffer my description. It happened at 36 degrees in a disputed area of land amongst Missouri, Tennessee, and Kentucky. It happend at 9:11 am 9:11 and 30 seconds

* Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 15:11:30 UTC
* Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 09:11:30 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Normally the big ones have little precursors.... then BOOM!

Sooooo... there may be merit to this yet.

Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

I think you should apologise for coming across like a complete parochial fool yourself. Allow me to elaborate dear child...

You, YOU, are within a small number 'sane', 'rational' of people contributing to this thread??? You have the audacity to make such a claim yet you have done nothing but victimise the OP as 'easy meat'. It's text book school-yard tactics chum and I think you're in no position to speak on behalf of any 'sane' or 'rational' persons on this thread other than yourself.

Fact is, I also happen to acknowledge 'YOUR' side of the argument, and furthermore, I appreciate why you have YOUR views, but you've given nothing solid other than the fact that you clearly dislike prediction threads and concentrate largely on ridiculing those who 'stand for those beliefs'. See above, it's not pretty at all.

Personally, I'm neither FOR or AGAINST this issue, as the OP fully acknowledges, however, what I do stand for, is the very principle of the thread. The OP deserves better responses that those composed by yourself. Accept it for what it is.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by BAZ752

I think you should apologise for coming across like a complete parochial fool yourself. Allow me to elaborate dear child...

You, YOU, are within a small number 'sane', 'rational' of people contributing to this thread??? You have the audacity to make such a claim yet you have done nothing but victimise the OP as 'easy meat'. It's text book school-yard tactics chum and I think you're in no position to speak on behalf of any 'sane' or 'rational' persons on this thread other than yourself.

Fact is, I also happen to acknowledge 'YOUR' side of the argument, and furthermore, I appreciate why you have YOUR views, but you've given nothing solid other than the fact that you clearly dislike prediction threads and concentrate largely on ridiculing those who 'stand for those beliefs'. See above, it's not pretty at all.

Personally, I'm neither FOR or AGAINST this issue, as the OP fully acknowledges, however, what I do stand for, is the very principle of the thread. The OP deserves better responses that those composed by yourself. Accept it for what it is.

You know what, I think YOU should apologise for coming across like a complete ASS while berating someone else for it. He May not have "contributed" (I say good for him) but you are not better than anyone else "dear child", so stop pretending to be. I can almost hear your little snide chuckle as you wrote that.

And then apologize for furthering these ideas. You and everyone else who helps perpetuate this CRAP.

Allow me to elaborate dear child...

It is people like you that allow the OP to post absolute CRAP over and over again, each time when nothing happens within their "prediction" window, they continue to move it out farther and farther and twist the meaning and results until they find something to fit.

People like YOU allow this to happen.

You prod these pretenders on, give them enchoragement, tell them it's all ok to have an "opinion", good show for all the effort, you're so impressed.... there doing good after all.. hurting no one.

Right?

NOT RIGHT!

They ARE hurting people, they frighten people, stress people out with their circumsantial "evidence" and supernatural BS. People get SCARED. They can do desperate things, cause personal turmoil, change their lives and the lives of others.

You think saying *****WARNING EARTHQUAKE COMING**** isn't the same as shouting "FIRE" in a theater? Think again.

Apologists like YOU are just as bad as people like the OP.

Perhaps we could put a thread together of the number of predictions ever made on ATS that came true..

Yea.. thats what I thought, we couldn't, it wouldn't contain anything.
So do us all a favor, the next time you want to berate someone on content or attitude, take a good look in the mirror.

As for the OP.

It's been 10 days, your time is UP. I am waiting for your apology thread that you promised.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Is that web bot also analysing/looking in university or other government terminals, really looking for scientific specs and logs? What access does it have?
I also used to have this news bot mailing me about certain topics i was interested in, but this could be different..

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

I d think that the OP sahould have to apologize atall because what would you rather have someone who htinks they know about a pending disaster and doesnt say anything about it and many people are hurt, injured or even killed or someone who went out on a limb and was wrong

i know which one id rather have

and personally i think you should have to apologize if anyone does because of your last post

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join