It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 10 days Left-Until Predicted Huge Earthquakes

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I just want to say that I have personally enjoyed this thread. It didn't scare me, nor do the webbot predictions. I feel that thanks to this thread I have learned some valuable information. None of us want these predictions to be accurate , but there is always in back of the mind as a human being the nagging little question "what if"... preparedness doesn't hurt anything or anyone!

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Here here comrad RussianScientist!!

It's a shame she doesn't practice what she preaches in her signature

"Inform yourself - before making an opinion on something! Enlightenment and knowledge on a subject broadens your world to infinite possibilities!"

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Here it is and of course nothing happened. This one can clearly be labeled a hoax and filed away with Blossom.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This prophecy has officially been added to the ATS Incorrect/ Bad Prophecy Almanac thread

Thanks to web bot, and no offence intended the the OP

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
This prophecy has officially been added to the ATS Incorrect/ Bad Prophecy Almanac thread

drinks are on me
at the after party

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Is my calendar off??

A little premature to be officially incorrect eh?

Maybe your prediction of it being wrong could be posted to your own thread............HOPEFULLY NOT

I would rather all be wrong on prediction of the Quake

NO E.Q. & NO offence intended

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Dont worry mate

I will humbly withdraw it if Im wrong

I can admit mistakes

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

reply to post by SANTA CLAWS

Dont worry mate

I will humbly withdraw it if Im wrong

I can admit mistakes

No problem, I like to see all views if plausible, And I hope you are right that there will be no e.q. soon, would be too devastating given the current problems we are dealing with now every day.

Got a day or 3??? it would take me that long to admit all of mine at one time, but I chose to do them 1 at a time.

Best to all

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksarerocks
Here it is and of course nothing happened. This one can clearly be labeled a hoax and filed away with Blossom.

Whoa there, cowboy! I think HOAX is a strong term to use here. Hoax implies intent to deceive and I seriously doubt this was the OP's intention, in spite of what a lot of the dissenters on this thread are saying. And for the record, I neither support nor disbelieve the whole web-bot thing. I had never heard of the web-bot until I poked around in this thread. I am curious, however, and willing to wait for the window to close before passing judgment on THIS prediction. If the OP is sincere in intent (and I think she is) and nothing comes of this, I believe she will post a proper retraction and apology. What about it, QuestioningAll? Am I right?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Comrad difsjf, nice to hear from you.

I offered that equipment to the USGS in 1996, to detect earthquakes ahead of time scientifically; the offer was for 300 units to be built by different manufacturers of different parts making up the units, and the Chief Seismologist of the USGS turned down the offer by sticking it in file 13, as per the Contracts Officers report. So, blame the 1996 Chief Siesmologist if your country doesn't have the equipment, besides, according to the Contracts Officer he had no right to turn down the offer, since Congress was/is funding the USGS for the purpose of getting such knowledge and equipment.

No, there are no others in the know, especially seismologists, as you can tell from anywhere on the internet.

I was a geologist; but now I'm an Earthquake and Weapons of Mass Destruction Consultant.

I am the sole person out here that scientifically knows there will be no earthquake, for the time and area I have written it for.

These tools are extremely accurate and no other person has such a system, or knows of it.

You are a good person, difsjf. The animals and all that stuff, really mean nothing, because they are not always right. I've watched animals and clouds and all that stuff over the last 30 some years, and they are not reliable. Animals are as unpredictable as people.

I gave the OP a break all the way through if you'll read all of my posts within the last week, and now suddenly the OP is on the attack, making false accusations. The only reason that I can possibly come up with as to why the OP is on the attack, is simply because this person is somehow directly linked to the WEB BOT people, and is probably one of them. I mean come on, this person is sticking up for the WEB BOT "ALL THE TIME", and this person goes by the sur name of "questioningall", isn't that what WEB BOT does, is to question all things going through the internet.

I'm almost sure this person is trying to drum up business here on ATS for the WEB BOT by fear mongering and simply by getting more attention knowing that they would get a lot of financing from many different sources if they get lucky and are right, and this person is doing it in a sly manner. Why don't the people of ATS ask this person if this person is directly related to the WEB BOT people; if this person is related, then I suspect there could be some lawsuit involved if the earthquake doesn't strike in the period stated, and this person asked others to strap their water tanks and gather extra food and other such unneeded stuff.

As for me being scared, who are you fooling? Why would I be scared? There is no huge earthquake out there looming in the central USA, and if there was, I would move in as close as I could and stay as close as I could to it with my equipment and learn even more about earthquakes until it had done its thing, because that is exactly what I have done in the past for many years; unfortunately it looks like I'm waisting my time on the STUPID WEB BOT PREDICTION, but I will stick it out none-the-less.

I'll tell you something right now, "if I were to guess" where a large earthquake was going to strike in the near future, I would be looking down in the area of Puerto Rico; look how many small earthquakes they are suddenly having down there, its just a matter of time before a fairly large one strikes down there in that area where all of those smaller earthquakes are suddenly striking.

Now look over at New Madrid and those areas, there is hardly any activity in the central USA right now. So... do you think that there will be a fairly large earthquake here in the central USA? Or, possibly one near Puerto Rico? I think you would choose Puerto Rico.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

yes i don't think there's any doubt that the thread author *isn't* trying to pull a hoax so it will be interesting to see whether mods label it as such.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
reply to post by difsjf

I gave the OP a break all the way through if you'll read all of my posts within the last week, and now suddenly the OP is on the attack, making false accusations. The only reason that I can possibly come up with as to why the OP is on the attack, is simply because this person is somehow directly linked to the WEB BOT people, and is probably one of them. I mean come on, this person is sticking up for the WEB BOT "ALL THE TIME", and this person goes by the sur name of "questioningall", isn't that what WEB BOT does, is to question all things going through the internet.

I'm almost sure this person is trying to drum up business here on ATS for the WEB BOT by fear mongering and simply by getting more attention knowing that they would get a lot of financing from many different sources if they get lucky and are right, and this person is doing it in a sly manner.

I really don't mean to butt in here, but I kinda doubt the OP is working for or is a part of the web-bot thing. I say this because if she were, this whole prediction thread would be the WORST possible way of drumming up new business. If pressed hard, I would have to say that I really don't believe web-bot can predict EQ's. And in light of that, I say again, this is the worst way to promote web-bot, and if you think about it, you might agree. The chances of a failed prediction are too great, based on all of the knowledgeable postings so far. But to assign nefarious intent to the OP is a little harsh, IMHO.

Now, to satisfy something I am curious about, where are you located (nothing specific, general will do, as in USA, France, Russia, whatever) and then based on your location, how far away from a known active area can your equipment detect and quantify seismic activity?

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
go to

hisz.rsoe.hu...

all active.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
DetailsSummaryMapsScientific & TechnicalWhere can I find...?
Earthquake Details
Magnitude 2.0
Date-Time Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 15:11:30 UTC
Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 09:11:30 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 36.471°N, 89.568°W
Depth 9.8 km (6.1 miles)
Region SOUTHEASTERN MISSOURI
Distances 6 km (4 miles) SE (143°) from Marston, MO
11 km (7 miles) SSE (165°) from Howardville, MO
12 km (8 miles) NE (47°) from Hayward, MO
45 km (28 miles) S (178°) from Sikeston, MO
155 km (96 miles) NNE (13°) from Memphis, TN
247 km (154 miles) SSE (166°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 0.3 km (0.2 miles); depth +/- 0.8 km (0.5 miles)
Parameters NST= 23, Nph= 41, Dmin=6 km, Rmss=0 sec, Gp= 50°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=A
Source Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID nmhnw1210a

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thats a cool map. I have a question. Being NC I have never experienced an earthquake. Whats the lowest magnetitude that can be felt.Just the idea of the ground shaking scares me.reply to post by cmaracing

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DisgustedOne

Comrad DisgustedOne I'm in the Central USA right now, and you want to know how far away my system will pick up and quantify seismic activity.

The magnitude of the earthquake gives the approximate distance it is detectable out to. In the case of a 6.0 magnitude earthquake, it would be detectable before it strikes for a maximum distance of somewhere around 500 miles from the epicenter. For a 5.0 magnitude earthquake, it would be detectable before it strikes for a maximum distance of somewhere around 400 miles. For a 7.0 magnitude earthquake, it would be detectable before it strikes for a maximum distance of somewhere around 600 miles.

I call these approximate maximum distances, because it can be less or greater, depending on the surrounding activity. If you are in an area where there is no activity, or at least very small earthquake activity at a great distance, then you could add up to maybe 100 miles onto those figures.

If you are in an area where another earthquake is going to strike, then the distance is considerably reduced by the other earthquake. A large earthquake will overshadow, or make lesser earthquakes not detectable.

Example: About 2 years ago I was in Newton, Kansas and the pressure from the 5.0 magnitude earthquake out by Taos, New Mexico was easily detectable in Newton, Kansas; and that was at a distance of approximately 475 miles distance from the epicenter.

I calculated at the time that by the detected pressure there in Newton, Kansas that the Taos, New Mexico earthquake must still have been detectable out another 60 to 100 miles to the East of Newton, Kansas.

On the other hand, to the West of the Taos, New Mexico earthquake, the distance was less because of other earthquake activity to the West of the Taos, New Mexico 5.0 magnitude earthquake; and no, the 5.0 magnitude earthquake did not strike the City of Taos, New Mexico; but it struck out by Taos, New Mexico.

As to quantifying its magnitude, you simply move up through 32 different ranges to get the magnitude. The distance from the epicenter, using a gps, together with the pressure detected tells you the magnitude of the earthquake; this gives you a very good Isoseismic Map, or Isoseismal Map of the upcoming earthquake. Comparisons of past maps to the one you are making, makes it easy to determine its size/magnitude. As for the 32 different ranges, this is only good for earthquakes measuring up to 6.8 in magnitude; after that you may have to go up more ranges; for a volcanic explosion you would probably have to go up even more ranges.

I hope that answers your questions.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
About that map...is it normal for so many volcanos to be erupting and what is an orange alert???reply to post by cmaracing

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
theres alot more going on, on other days but the map is real time.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
The following ALTA runs where released thru www.urbansurvival.com with permission from www.halfpasthuman.com

As a little background, these are the runs from early August which people get for being subscribers.

Here's the Aug. 8th, 2008 report...

"December 10th through the 15th of January are especially active with combinations of problems including the [earthquake] already forecast for that period in the 32/thirty-two to 36/thirty-six degrees of latitude band, and also now several large [storms] are indicated to also contribute to the [diaspora] meme at [local] and [regional] levels. There are specific references within the [flowing waters/flooding_induced by storms] which include the [pacific northwest] of the continental USofA, as well as [northern, western europe]. This last is apparently also associated with [storm surge]."

"The Terra entity continues to accrue values under the [dancing mountains] sub set, and as this is likely [volcanic], and includes a [swarming of earthquakes], the linguistic structures are also pointing toward [oceanic dancing mountains]. The sub set can also be interpreted at the secondary support level by the phrase [planetary growth spurt]. This could be indicating that the planetary expansion model needs to be reviewed for potential accuracy."

Also part of the Aug. 8, 2008 report...

"There continue to be aspect/attribute sets which accrue in support of the [earthquake] in December. The actual range in December has been noted in modelspace to extend from December 3rd out to January 5th, but the spot of the largest accretion of groups of support within that range is December 10th through the 12th. This is also when the [visibility] sub set summations are at their peak. Further, the sub set of [earthquake] for December, while having a 32/thirty-two to 36/thirty-six degree latitude band for the 'center' of this particular earthquake series, also are indicating a [radiating/extending northward] pattern of impact. The [northward/north bound] direction of this [earthquake] will somehow be more significant relative to the [damage caused] than other potential directions. Further the [location] of the [epicenter] is indicated to have something of a [joke/pun], or other [playful quality] associated with the local name.

The Terra entity has had growth in the supporting layers of a number of sets which are themselves acting as support via cross links to the GlobalPop and Populace/USofA sets of [food supplies]. The data sets seemingly indicate that Terra intrusions this Fall and Winter will produce some [dramatic] new [crises] within the area of the [food supplies]. This is showing as being planetary in scope."

From an earlier run on Aug. 2, 2008...

"The data sets in support of a large [earthquake] in December 2008 are suggesting that a [disputed territory], or [long chain of disputes over lands] will be the location of the most [damage]. These [disputed lands] are indicated to be very [near/proximate] to a [hyper spatial/sacred geometry] point in the [northern hemisphere]. The indications are that the latitudes will be near or in the range between [32/thirty-two] and [37/thirty-seven] degrees. Now we note that the most prominent [disputed territory] within this latitude band is Kashmir, and that it is also in very geophysically active area. The [32/thirty-two] and [37/thirty-seven] degrees could also be a number of other locations, most of which are also geophysically active as they are within the [hyper spatial/sacred geometry] band. These include California around San Francisco, and the New Madrid fault in the central USofA, as well as all of Turkey, and areas in China near the recent very large earthquake. This last is probably less likely as presumably the great quake there has released strains."

And finally, from July 4, 2008...

"Within the [destruction of the past] sub set, which is still gaining values, there is a sub set indicating that the [great quake (8+ R.scale)] will be [deep] at an [exceptional level], and yet *still* has [destructive power] for [surface structures]. There are also indications of [severe affects (on/to) waters] and their [flows]. This area is cross linked back over to our now very tiresome [flood] aspect/attribute set where we find supporting sets for [alterations (of) flows], and [tidal currents/shoreline shapes change], as well as further links back to [benthic topography shifts]. This area of [sub sea floor] descriptors is also extensively cross linked over to the [ocean sickness/illness/radical change] which is itself a sub set of the [global coastal event] sub set forecast for 2009."

So, for all the people who are crying for it to be labeled a hoax, the complete prediction will hopefully clear things up for you a bit. Things to note...

1) The timeframe for the quakes to appear is from Dec. 3, 2008 - Jan. 5, 2009, with the largest accretion of groups centered around Dec. 10-12.

2) That the quakes will be around disputed land near an area of sacred geometry in the range of 32-37 degress latitude. Possibilities include Kashmir, San Francisco, New Madrid, Turkey, and China.

Given the wider range of time and location presented, for a prediction such as this to be considered accurate in my mind, some of the smaller details would need to come thru to help substantiate it, if they didn't occur within the next 2-3 days. Also, note that one of the runs refers to the quake being 8.0 or greater on the richter scale.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
About that map...is it normal for so many volcanos to be erupting and what is an orange alert???reply to post by cmaracing

Yes it is....volcanoes can be erupting almost constantly, but it differs in degree.

Im pretty sure orange alert is an aviation warning concerned with ash plumes from erupting volcanoes....where I work, we actually send out aviation alerts for the Indonesian region

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join