It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I find all this very fascinating. I have been following the web bots for months and watching the earthquake activity every day for several months.

No one has any absolute answers to what is in front of us. But what I do know is this earth has ways of telling us what is going on if we just knew how to listen.

We have known for a long time that animals can sense things we cannot – that is just a fact.

So to ask a question as to what nature is doing is a pretty down to earth thing to do. Then as we are observing that things are not normal, take not of it. Then after the event happens, if one does, compile the information. We may very well be better off for it down the road.

There are many things in this world science cannot explain. So just because things are happening that science cannot explain does not give it any less credence.

Why don’t we just get off our high horses and observe what nature is offering us. Maybe we will learn something.

To add to animal behavior patterns I give my two cents worth.
I live in the Denver area, this last Sunday I had to go to Aspen on business and as we were driving on I-70 there was a portable road sign that read watch for dear crossing the road. I have been this way many times and have not seen this before. The person that I was riding with told me to be on the look out because in the last 2 weeks there have been more than 25 dear and elk hit along this section. This is hunting season; I would call that not normal.

Also I was talking to my mom about this, who lives in the area, and she said her dogs have been acting strange lately. One of the things one of her dogs has done recently is ran into the house jumped up on my young nephew sitting on the couch and pissed all over him. Not something this dog has ever done before.

I have also noticed the we have had an increases of wild life showing up around here, being to me, abnormally friendly. The squeals have been so bold as to come right up to me, and I mean at my feet, as though they want me to pick them up.

Maybe they sense the turmoil our nation is about to go through and are as scared as many of us are.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Geez, you guys!

To all of you who are blasting the OP out of the water for starting this thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves! If you don't like the content of her thread, then leave! Nobody is forcing you to read this, nobody is shoving it into your face. There are plenty of threads on this site that I don't agree with, but do I go onto them looking for a fight? No. I just do not go there.

So, live and let live, ok? If you don't like the content of this thread then you have the choice to simply walk away. Why do you come here looking for a fight?

Some of us are very interested in this subject, and are really enjoying the discussion. It doesn't mean we're freaked out by fear, any more than it means that you are freaked out by fear when you enjoy discussing the things you like. It simply means that many of us follow the web bot predictions, and we are intrigued by them.

So, if you don't like the discussion, then LEAVE! But please quit accusing questionall for fear mongering, because she is not fear mongering. There is a HUGE difference between having a conscience and feeling compelled to warn the general public, and fear mongering. I did not come on to discuss this thread because I'm afraid, I came on to discuss this because I am genuinely interested in the topic at hand.

So please.....stop being school yard bullies and stop being so mean and rude. If you have something intelligent to add to the discussion, then by all means add it. But if you're just here to gang up on her and bully her, then go do your bullying somewhere else.

And by the way, the web bots were right about the dates of Sept 22-29th being a warning to bigger events starting on Oct 7th. September 22-29th was the week where all the big banks and investment firms really started to fall....Fanny Mae, Freddy Mac, AIG, etc... That was the week where time began to stand still in the financial world, and everyone said "What the hell.....where did THIS come from?" Then, October 7th was the day the stock market started to crash. I can't remember how many points it dropped that day, but I remember it was a BIG drop that week. October 7th was basically the day the entire economic crisis started. But no....I guess that's not a really big deal or anything.

And since when is a poster required to apologize for free speech? Are we living in Afghanistan or something?? No. Most of us live in the free world. There was no hate language. There was no racism. There was no insensitivity to any racial, religious or ethnic group. There was only a person putting together some really good thoughts and a genuine desire to alert and warn others. Therefore, no apology required.

In fact, I genuinely wish there were more people like her, instead of all the bullies who troll these pages looking for a fight.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

My well, 146 feet deep,mature, drilled over 10 years ago, started smelling sulphur 2-3 weeks ago,located in NW arkansas, Bentonville zip 72712/WEB

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
In reply to post of swarm of black birdsreply to post by N. Tesla

My friend and I noticed a swarm of black birds on Decemeber 6, 2008 - heading north or north/west, along a river on interstate 495. We are used to seeing small black "Starlings" up in the northeast flying in a swarm. But not 4 foot long Crows, I'd estimate the swarm to be 600-800 birds!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Well I dont go very much for the doom and gloom predictions, but that doesnt mean I dont at least read them and consider them.

I think what bothers some the most is the "cry wolf" syndrome over the predictions and not necessarily the messenger. Some who are delivering the message do tend to get a little overtaken by the message they are delivering.

A line from a song. "Paranoia...self destroyer".

Cheers!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano
To all of you who are blasting the OP out of the water for starting this thread, you should be ashamed of yourselves! If you don't like the content of her thread, then leave!

That's not how it works around here. Someone posts a topic they should expect counter points... After all we are here to Deny Ignorance

And as RF Burns said we are tired of the influx of Gloom and Doom. Its already wiped out Project Avalon before they got off the ground, it resulted in spam GFL threads and its still going on.

So forgive us for wanting to add reality instead of fear mongering.

You know MANY people take these posts seriously and are SCARED. Will the OP take responsibility for the stress put on these people when this turns out yet again to be a false prophecy?

You know what happens if you yell FIRE in a crowded theater? People die and you get arrested

You know what happened when Zetatalk predicted Nibiru was coming in 2003? People sold their houses, quit jobs and bought bunkers... only to find it didn't happen..

Yet Zetatalk has a new following

Everyday somewhere on Earth there is a tornado, or an Earthqauke, or a flood or a forest fire or whatever...

So what to do? pack our bags and leave home everytime a new prophet scream "The End is Near" Prepare for its the End of Days....

Okay I prepared... Got a stock of food, weapons and bought a Franklin wood burning stove...

So what is that date again/ and where will it strike?

Why do you come here looking for a fight?

Because some people care about the damage a false message can do

So, if you don't like the discussion, then LEAVE!

Freedom of expression... no one says LEAVE in that tone of voice and gets away with it...

There is a HUGE difference between having a conscience and feeling compelled to warn the general public, and fear mongering.

Yes there is... Real concern would come with real facts that can be used to help, not repeating others predictions that are incorrect.

If you can tell me that tomorrow at noon downtown LA will be hit by an earthquake and can show me how you know that I would listen... if that day comes and nothing happens I won't pay you any more attention.

So please tell me what EXACTLY are we being warned about? Specifics? So I know what to expect?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

You know MANY people take these posts seriously and are SCARED. Will the OP take responsibility for the stress put on these people when this turns out yet again to be a false prophecy?

There are people out there who thrive on stress. If they can't stress over something, they find it. No one can be held responsible for the way anyone reacts to or interprets any information put out to the public. Have you noticed during hurricane season when they say a storm might hit a certain area that some people get out way before hand and others take a casual attitude and stay? I could post anything on a topic and everyone would respond differently. For instance, if I were to say the sky is turning green, there are a number of people that would question why, some could care less and others would think the end of the world is nigh, so how could I be held responsible for anyone jumping off a bridge? Some people make mountains out of molehills and some do not. Some people freak out over small things while some don't seem to react to big ones.

Yes, strange things are happening and I've stated previously, if something does happen, there will be evidence of things to watch for in the future and if it doesn't happen, then we've all had something to think about and information will be compiled anyway. Some people look at this as something to think about and some people freak out. As I've stated before, no one can be held responsible for how anyone acts/reacts.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by opal13]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I don't expect anything to happen, but I will always appreciate the wealth of knowledge that I have received by reading this thread!

Thank you each an every one that contributed to this post!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Haven't read all of the post as there is too many pages. Apologies if this was mentioned already.

I have seen several programmes on this matter and at the moment the most effective warning seems to come from electric eels. They seem to be able to pick up on changes in electric charges in their water which can happen before a quake. The eels get very agitated. So if you want a warning system buy some of these. Scientists don't give this theory much credence I believe purely because they can't figure out how the animals do it. So, as usual if a scientist cant prove it then it must be imaginary :-)

In the terrible tradgedy of the Tsunami that occured a few Christmas' back there was only a handful of animals appeared to have been killed. The majority had legged it before the disaster had struck.

This theory has been around a long time. Historians apparently recorded that animals including rats and snakes deserted the Greek city of Helice days before it was destroyed by an earthquake and tsunami. THis was something like 350BC

Peace.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Couldn't have said this better, zorgon!
Well worded and spot on.

Additionally, I want to add that this sort of threads is going to bring ATS down, at least for people with a little rationale left. Majority of the most active/popular threads here are doom predictions, hoaxes and extraordinary claims without extraordinary evidence - often even worse and without any credible sources. Sensationalism rules here...

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You know MANY people take these posts seriously and are SCARED. Will the OP take responsibility for the stress put on these people when this turns out yet again to be a false prophecy

First it is not a prophecy - it is a prediction from a computer program that has stated this from our own writings on the internet.

People have to remember - I did not make up the "predictions" in the first place - and I did not make up the postings either of weird animal behavior happening - there is NOTHING that I made up out of my head on any of these threads.

I have only been relaying information - that to me is credible (people's own sightings and thoughts on animals around their area). Be it right or wrong.

I am very hopeful as it is the morning of the 11th and I have checked the world maps of EQ's - there has not been a huge quake.

It does seem the swarms are all around California right now.

I just find it interesting that Calif. is getting all these EQ's - the New Madrid isn't letting off any - except maybe one small one once a week recently.

So why the most postings were around the mid section of states, stating odd animal behavior I don't know?

I am going to continue my prayers and continue with a feeling of hope that everyone in the world will be safe and secure come the 16th of December.

Again, which I have said over and over - the first thread - I did was due to my own belief in the webbot - and was a warning to others.

My second thread was and is an attempt to help and see what areas seem to have the most odd behavior so those people can prepare or do what they will - it was trying in my own way to help people - not put fear in them.

This thread - was to put it all together - so people did not have to read all the post of the 2nd thread - and to say - where the most odd behavior is going on.

If there had been lots of people in the New Madrid area that had said:
"Hey, all the animals around here are just fine and normal - and there is nothing unusual happening" to counter balance those "odd" behavior postings, then this thread would not have been done.

The point is - there were not counter balanced postings of normal behavior in the same areas.

So I personally felt - people around the "odd" animal behavior areas - should have a heads up type warning - which brings us full circle to my belief of webbot being correct in the past on their predictions.

As far as my "scaring, stressing out etc" people, what is interesting enough, is no one - but those who are attacking seem "scared". So then my only assumption is all those who are the most upset - are the ones who are scared and stressed over this prediction.

Everyone else has been discussing it in a calm manner and debating the webbot and also the other threads I did in a rational manner. And forgive me if I am wrong - but would those posters saying I am "scaring" people completely - please show me where there is a post that "someone is completely freaked out". People have expressed their concern - yes - but I haven't seen a post - where people are saying they are running away from the area - selling everything they own etc. I have seen post where people are saying they are getting extra supplies to have on hand, "in case" the webbot prediction happens and in the odd animal behavior areas.

[

[edit on 11-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
For those looking at animals to predict earthquakes, you first need to find the right animals; ones that can act weird and talk;

www.youtube.com...

Someone needs to find this cat and start asking questions.

But the best place to find animals acting weird is at our zoos. These animals sit around and do nothing, or pick up some routine behavior due to their limiting environments. Several attendants and keepers have noted strange behaviors in animals prior to an earthquake, but we still need humans to make the observations and an alert system before they strike.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by addvantage666]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by addvantage666

You know what, I am going to be calling some zoos today - in Memphis and other areas, I will post any information I receive from them. Be it normal or odd.

GREAT IDEA - addvantage666- thank you. If other's want to call zoos also around your area, please do and let us know whatever info you get.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I am in a small town (Casey) in Illinois, about 40 miles west of the Indiana state line. I usually have ALOT of birds and squirrels in and around my backyard. They have almost all disappeared in the last few days. Also, my two dogs are constantly wanting to go out. They will normally want out 3-4 times a day. Now they sit and stare at me and even whine and dance around to get my attention and then run to the back door.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

What you wrote struck a common chiord in me, would you come out of your anonymity, look me up and contact me? I live in the Denver area as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

But more specifically, the zoos in the area where activity is suspected. Also, I thought to look around the 'Net to see if there is already some sort of program in existence, but haven't done that yet.

Did you find that talking cat yet?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That's something worth keeping your eye on. I saw a documentary once about sulfur in the ground that when the ground starts to lift it releases methane gas into the air which smells like sulfer. It indicates or could indicate the plates are on the move.
Keep us posted.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DDay

No, no, no... methane does not smell like sulphur. What this person is smelling is hydrogen sulfide. And this CAN (read can) be an indicator of geological activity.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
12-11-2008
I live in Middle Tennessee and I have noticed odd things recently. I thought to myself "this is weird" BEFORE I ever read this thread. My husband and I squirl hunt but we have only killed one squirl this year. The trees are full of nuts down on the family farm but there are no squirls? Also, my ears have been ringing and raoring lately like crazy, I have no idea if this is relevent but I have read other people having this on this thread so I thought I would mention it. Also the birds, around here its a little late to be seeing them migrate but I had a large gathering of them in my yard yesterday and thought it was weird. Also two little birds are nesting on our front porch, we have NEVER had birds nest hear in the winter. Usualy that nest (that has been here for awhile) is empty till spring. We do not bother the nest because we welcome the little things.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
In reply to post of swarm of black birdsreply to post by N. Tesla

My friend and I noticed a swarm of black birds on Decemeber 6, 2008 - heading north or north/west, along a river on interstate 495. We are used to seeing small black "Starlings" up in the northeast flying in a swarm. But not 4 foot long Crows, I'd estimate the swarm to be 600-800 birds!

Thats nothing, I live near a highway corridor that has THOUSANDS of crows who fly back and forth accross. I thought it was "strange" at first ... 8 years ago.

Now I know it's normal.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join