It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Serious Warnings* Alert * Earthquake* Postings* Please Read*

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I been thinking about it a lot this evening. The webbot says something about a wave too. The moon influences all that. Something to watch.reply to post by TSOM87

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I have kind of a stupid question, I'm not very knowledgable on astronomy so i was wondering what is the big deal with the "Super moon" And does it look any different than a normal full moon?

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Trayen11

I don't know alot as well, but the Moon is supposed to look huge in the night sky. I remember years ago seeing one. It really is cool.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

Thank, ill have to go check it out in a little bit, maybe ill snap a picture and post it.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ll__raine__ll

Comrad "ll__raine__ll" you are very right, Web Bot did predict two earthquakes, and it's prediction included one in the region of New Madrid, Missouri and the other one around Vancouver, Washingtion.

There seems to be a lot of people stating that Web Bot did not predict one for the area of New Madrid, Missouri; but they are wrong. If you look for the following article using Google you will find out that the Web Bot people did predict the area around New Madrid, Missouri to be struck.

Web-Bot Project Says Giant Quake by Dec 15 -- Avoid New Madrid Fault
Posted December 2nd, 2008 by Agesilaus

As you can see from the above article if you search for it using Google that it is true they did forecast one to stike in the area of New Madrid.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
in SoCal tonight during sunset the higher cirrus clouds were extremely vibrant in their rainbow shades -- just like the 'fire rainbow' video 30 minutes before the China quake earlier this year... gulp. LOL

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Yes, they did. BUT, it didn't happen, now did it?

I was at first actually believing this, lol now I feel dumb.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by toast317

That is certainly a premature seis-lack-utation.

Especially since it is forcast to hit between Dec 10'th-15'th.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Your link..

www.dailypaul.com...

Pretty interesting scenario is depicts there.

the last part -

Part of the data sets are now going to the [visible] problems which will result from the [earthquakes]. A very major problem is showing as an [agricultural area] being [so devastated] as to have [problems with production]. Both this last, and the [rebuilding] are indicated to be a [decade, 10/ten years] activity. Other issues include the [immediate needs (of) food] and [shelter] for the [affected humans]. Much of the supporting language is coming in support of the idea of [needing to feed] some large/significant numbers of people post-earthquake. This is shown as being caused by several factors including the [isolation] brought on by the [disruption/destruction] of the [roads]. Some of the detail layers show that many days later, perhaps even [weeks], there will be a [cadre] of [humans] and [animals?] which will [undertake daily walking] to [bring back supplies] to the [affected regions]. The data sets are presenting the idea that even [large amounts] of [helicopter] delivered [food/aid] will still [require/need] to be [hand carried] to get to the [isolated communities]. The local [systems] for everything from [health care] to [fuel delivery] will be [disrupted] for some time in excess of [3/three years] by the [alterations] in the [ground shapes] and [bridges failing]. The data sets are also indicating that [following] the [earthquakes] and the [dancing mountains], the region (and perhaps the whole of the planet) will have a period of [profound rest/quiet] relative to [earthquakes]. This [period of rest/quiescence] is apparently of an emotional significance as the [lack of activity] is indicated to cause its own level of [stress] in the populace of the planet. "

I would be part of the "cadre" to deliver food.... I need some fresh air.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by TwiTcHomatic]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I may be wrong, but since that article that you are referring to links right back here to the first thread on the subject, it looks to me like the New Madrid part comes from the ATS thread and not the web bot. What it looks like to me is that the author used the "10 Days Until..." thread for his research.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I think everyone should just sit tight till the 15th is over, then if nothing happens, well then you can criticize all you want!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

N.Tesla, the New Madrid stuff was discussed at the urbansruvival.com site, here: www.urbansurvival.com... . Here's the list of official candidate scenarios:

Scenario 1 - Opposite in the same latitudinal hemisphere: First earthquake in Iran/Pakistan (or less likely Turkey/and areas north of the Black Sea or Caucus region). There would be 5/five after shocks. The first earthquake will be 'localized' in an area roughly 1000/one-thousand miles in diameter. The second quake would follow in either the ocean off of British Columbia, Canada, or in the volcanic region of very southern Alaska.

Scenario 2: Opposite in opposite longitudinal hemisphere. The first earthquake as above excepting more to the east, and increasing possibility of the location in China. Second earthquake in the southern hemisphere, more likely in the volcanic region of mid to southern Chile. Both earthquakes in this scenario are within the 32/thirty-two to 36/thirty-six degrees of latitudes bands.

Scenario 3: Opposite in same longitudinal hemisphere. In this scenario, both earthquakes would be within the same hemisphere, but the earthquakes would be opposite along (roughly) the same longitudinal lines. So 2/two more probable sub scenarios would include both earthquakes in the American hemisphere, with the first being in Chile, and the second being in the Pacific Northwest of the USofA (likely WA State, or off the coast of OR state). Or the first earthquake could be in the area of geoactive regions in China, and the second in the Indonesian region.

Hope that helps.

And please, just ease up on the "jumping to conclusions" tendencies, would ya? The OP really doesn't deserve it.

[edit on 11-12-2008 by citnaj]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

i did some cutting but thats basically it. i included the last 2 parts to show fear mongering HUGE HOrrible. sounds like fear mongerign to me

Stop with throwing around the term "fear mongering" will yah people? If you actually believed that there was credible evidence that there might be a disaster headed somebody's way, wouldn't you warn them? Wouldn't that be the RIGHT thing to do? Even if there was a chance that you might be wrong?

Besides, lighten up already- it's fun speculation if nothing else.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Comrad "ll__raine__ll" you are very right, Web Bot did predict two earthquakes, and it's prediction included one in the region of New Madrid, Missouri and the other one around Vancouver, Washingtion.

There seems to be a lot of people stating that Web Bot did not predict one for the area of New Madrid, Missouri; but they are wrong. If you look for the following article using Google you will find out that the Web Bot people did predict the area around New Madrid, Missouri to be struck.

Web-Bot Project Says Giant Quake by Dec 15 -- Avoid New Madrid Fault
Posted December 2nd, 2008 by Agesilaus

As you can see from the above article if you search for it using Google that it is true they did forecast one to stike in the area of New Madrid.

No they have never said where the EQs were going to be.

They said between 32 degrees and 36 degrees.

There has never been a specific place.

They had a discussion about 2 weeks ago - mentioning how the govt. had released a report on New Madrid and had a discussion about it.

But if someone said they specified New Madrid that person is wrong.

When Urban Survival had a discussion on New Madrid regarding how the govt. has issued a warning and released a report on Nov. 20th. - that personally made me sit up - I had always assumed it was PNW.

The only thing the webbot guys have said is that New Madrid does fit into the latitude - but so does other places like : Turkey which is active right now.

Because of various places as being possiblities - that is when I did my little "research" project here.

Yes, that is where the majority of the postings said there were odd animal behaviors happening.

But remember - NO ONE has pinpointed nor said an exact place these EQ's are suppose to occur.

The hope is that the webbot is wrong!

[edit on 11-12-2008 by questioningall]

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is taken from an interview with Clif High on Project Camelot

So the next time we do an earthquake predication… which is for December 10th through 12th. We think there’s gonna be two very large earthquakes. They’re not necessarily in the same place on the planet, but they could be. We have some references that we seem to think are valid for the Pacific northwest, where I live.

We also have some references for the band of latitude 32 degrees north to 36 degrees north, which would cover places life California, Japan, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran, etc. And that’s the best we can do at this stage.

So, the first in the US he talks about is in the Pacific Northwest, the other US location he talks about is California. Nowhere in this interview does he say New Madrid. However, the more we talk about it, the more the web spot spiders will pick up on that...

Did anyone read the interview to see how these programs work? There is a neat science to it, and providing there is no hysteria and people just let them do their thing...they will work. If it picks up on newpapers or blogs talking about quakes here and there it can calculate a future quake. If it picks up on sites such as this it will tip towards New Madrid.

Now, I'm not saying there won't be a New Madrid quake. There will be. It's period has come up. Also, the Yellowstone Caldera's period has come. These things will happen. Will they happen this week? That's the mystery, I guess.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains

Originally posted by toast317

That is certainly a premature seis-lack-utation.

Especially since it is forcast to hit between Dec 10'th-15'th.

Actually, it said that between December 10th-12th the first one would hit the US (new madrid) followed by 5 shock waves, and the second would hit sometime before the 15th after that.

I used to believe this thread, posted things about this on my myspace etc. Now I feel like a fool, I really thought it was going to happen 0_o ..

I mean, even if the first one was to hit on the 12th, there would be at least a little bit of activity near the New madrid vault line, but there isn't.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rintendo

Now, I'm not saying there won't be a New Madrid quake. There will be. It's period has come up. Also, the Yellowstone Caldera's period has come. These things will happen. Will they happen this week? That's the mystery, I guess.

That's actually a really interesting point.

If we assume for the sake of discussion that the web bot experiment actually has real merit and that precognition is real, then isn't a paradox created when knowledge of the web bot's predictive ability has a direct impact on the content it scours by causing people to disproportionately discuss its very predictions?

The really weird thing would be if it was discovered somehow that this made no difference; that, in effect, we were creating a self-fulfilling "prophecy."

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Regarding the Yellowstone caldera, that is an interesting thought. I hadn't thought of what would happen if an earthquake triggered the caldera. But yes, according to a documentary I saw on the History Channel's, it is definitely overdue for a big eruption.

It's especially interesting when you read this part of the ALTA run that George posted on his daily blog on Monday or Tuesday....can't remember which day it was:

Deeper into the detail aspect/attribute layers we have descriptors for [images/views] of [humans looking up] and [humans (with) dropped jaws] and [humans with [fixed/glazed stares].

When I originally read that on Monday or Tuesday, I asked myself "If there is a major earthquake, with major devastation, why would there be people staring UP? Wouldn't people be looking down onto the ground or even into the ground?"

I didn't think much of it at the time beyond that, but then when I got home from work tonight and checked this thread, and saw the information about the Yellowstone caldera....I went "Aha! Maybe they would be looking up at a giant super-volcano!"

Who knows....it could be possible. It is probably an EXTREMELY remote possibility, but an interesting possibility, that's for sure.

But seriously, though, when you think about it, why would people be looking up after a major earthquake? Huge fires? Hmmm....maybe lights in the sky before the earthquakes? Anyone have any other ideas why people would be looking up?

Birds flying in strange formation, maybe?

[edit on 12-12-2008 by nikiano]

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by nikiano

We may be looking up because earthquakes cause land in some areas to sink and other places to rise up.

If an earthquake is strong enough it could cause a rift fault to split the US into two parts sending the Great Lakes rushing into the Gulf of Mexico.

Or not.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren

Originally posted by stanlee
[...]

There is definitely something going on, but I cannot for the life of me tell you exactly what. What I do know is bats have no place or purpose in Cheyenne Wyoming [...] it was noteworthy enough that it brought zoologists here from as far as the Ukraine. about 30 were found in the bark of cottonwood trees.

If you want something more to chew on,[...] There are Elms here, Siberian and American, Cottonwood, Lanceleaf, and Broadleaf, and Quaking Aspen that still have the greenest leaves on them. (post third snow fall and frost) No freezing of cambium, and no withdrawl of starch into root systems. Its as if its a bloody well turn of season on a few of these trees that by rights should be all but dead. As a Master of horticulture, I KNOW this cannot be. I KNOW these crab apples shouldnot have productive moving aphids on them in the midst of december snow, and tempuratures less than 20. This is physiologically impossible, but its happening.

Perhaps you'd consider starting a thread on this in the Fragile Earth forum? I, for one, would love to read more. If you have already done this could you shoot me a link? Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Actually mate, I am in the works of that currently. Whatever the 'thing' is, i just hope it won't be far too late when its up there. But, you know how research works. I have mates in Alaska, Florida, Tennessee, and Minnisota working on this with me. Jobs ranging from Drilling, to Forestry services, park Rangers, and one Plumber. (You have to throw in a shoe to get a decent control group and x-factor)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join