It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: Camera Shy Big Brother

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

I'm sorry, but this is precisely the nonsense we do not need on ATS. People that view a couple of videos with a couple of cops (out of millions worldwide) and then brand every cop a terrorist!

Seriously, the real terroists are the cops, they and the other evils in the government are he ones that are the biggest danger to us.

Yeah, screw you trolls, take your personal attacks and offtopics coments and place them where they belong up your arse.

Thanks. I will take it under advisement.

If someone could point me to a video or documentation or something that shows that the cops are being brainwashed, payed extra, trained or something to act the way they do and te be these piles of vomit that they are being, please, please, please post a link. I want to believe that there is some sort of reasoning behind this insanity, I want to see documentation that proves these cops are being trained or something to act like phychotic, rabid animals.

I rest my case. Desperation at it's worst.

Look. I respect Dimensional Detective's posts and his commitment to the board 100% - it's unquestionable. However, this is the type of poster (quoted above) that really does not do anything other than to inflame the situation more. And you people are buying into this 'eye for an eye' nonsense.

And this building weapons issue is really out of order.

Jimmy - you need to get educated mate!

Breifne

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

THANK YOU!!! I was feeling very lonely in my rational thinking there for a few minutes! If I could hug you, I would.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm going to do an experiment. I'm going to go down to a little public circle. A hippy/bohemian kinda walk-around place with restaurants and a little theater. There are frequently police officers walking around. I'm going to see what their reaction is to me filming with my little digital camera. This stuff makes me crazy!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

I did not notice this post until it was quoted. I want proof that the MAJORITY of cops are bad. Proof! not youtube videos that are only giving one sided views. There is no doubt that there are bad cops, but there is also no doubt there are bad civilians. *wink wink* yes, those were meant as a reference to YOU!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

I'm a bad civilian? How? Personal attack, even though it's uncalled for and unprevoked.

When they come for you, you'll see that I was right, btw, I don't believe violence solves any problems, but in this case, it might, I mean what choice do people have when this gets way too outta control?

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Yet you are linking the public (bc face it, a lot of ppl read this site) without filtering to a site that will teach how to make homemade weapons WHILE YOU ARE INVOLVED in riling them up against ppl that you have NO proof to support are bad majority wise.

You are coming across as the traditional definition of terrorist, to put it bluntly. I am not against my fellow citizens (which include the policemen/women).. what I am against are those who would incite fear followed by calls to violence. It proves you know nothing about what this country was founded on.

EDITED TO ADD: and if and when they come for me, I will take personal responsibility to stand up for myself and my family if they come unjustly. However, making assumptions to incite violence is not in my personal code of ethics.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Gee wiz, you got to be kidding me.
The info I linked to is good for other scenarios too, what if the country was taken over by a foriegn power? Seeing your history of posting on this thread it's obvious what you'd do, you'd role over and take it in the butt.
Others however would fight, and while I do not believe violence salves problems (as previously stated), I'm getting to the point of seeing how it may though. We have the freedom to bare arms and to protect ourselves from powers both foriegn and domestic. However hat freedom is being taken away bit by bit.
You have no idea if the majority of cops are good or bad, you know just as much as I do. I just want people to be prepared if they are attacked, not to go out and attack cops for no reason as you are making it sound. I'm also not using fear as a tactic, it's just sometimes the truth is a scary thing.

Quit attacking me and attack the issues or get off the thread.

-Jimmy

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I wouldn't be posting to the link honestly if it weren't done in a thread with an agenda that is against fellow citizens. Like I said, while I agree there are cops who are clearly in the wrong in this country, this does not mean the majority are. So, I guess my opinion is that to post a link into this particular thread, it is insinuating a certain outcome.

I am 100% clear throughout this board that I believe we should be allowed access to the same weapons that the police and even military have, but I would never promote it in threads such as these because it comes across as though an implication is being made.

Thus why I said several posts earlier that ppl are so blinded by their hate and fear they are not THINKING about what they are saying. I hope this is merely the case for you.

[edit on 5-9-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyCommentMatters

Its right to not have cameras everywhere but if you really feel the government is watching us then i feel you have gone to deep into this whole government controlling us problem. Yes that police official was being very aggressive towards that reporter but that was the coppers personal problem with that guy. How can you possibly put it as if every policeman is the same, there not. Many like to abuse there status but most do there job as specified. Now the filming in public is very touchy subject, you could be a terrorist filming an area for future ideas of a terrorist attack. Now would you rather allow the government to allow anyone to video tape any building of there choice or would you like it to continue and stop the many problems it has already stopped. Now its not the government that has implied these precautions its the people who have lost people dew to terrorist attacks. Now if i had lost someone in something like that, i would also enforce that not cameras are aloud to film in places where people like that would film. Now they filming in public, like i say. Thats a personal problem with the camera guy and the police officials. isn't it! Stop acting as if our freedoms are being taken away from us because the laws in which we abide by these days have been thought up by you and me and been turned into laws.

A "personal problem between the camera guy and the police officials"..
thats rich - that means there are simply hundreds of coppers running around with "personal problems" judging from the number of incidents floating about on film not to mention the ones I've seen with my own eyes....I have a personal problem alright - its called freedom of speech and assembly in a public place...when someone tells me I'm not free to film in a public place I take it very personally...but some of us..(cough) are too busy kissing the ring to notice the fist being stuffed down our throats...

After 40 years of seeing this kind of thing go down in the street with police I am fully qualified to tell you that It IS NOTHING NEW - it is simply much more documented now with the proliferation of cheap technology and a few more people are finally waking up to the facts....about f-ing time imo...

edit to day I'm a bit cranky this evening

[edit on 5-9-2008 by realshanti]

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Now that's an interesting piece of information. Being able to write in and get a copy of the videos. That would be an interesting way to put a dent in their pockets. Everyone write in, get copies of everything. Not in the UK myself, but that's a pretty handy piece of information to have.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Here's a link to a photographers rights under the law in the UK...

www.urban75.org...

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by truth_seeker3

Actually, Orwell's 1984 was written in 1949. It is extremely valid as a reference point though. I only mention the error in an effort for accuracy.

..ex

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MyCommentMatters

Its people as ignorant as you who hand the world over on a silver platter.

Why dont you do some critical thinking and ask your self "why do they want to put cameras up everywhere" and "why do these cops thinks its against the law to film in public places".

You know its people as ignorant as you who thin that the human race has somehow changed in our desire for power. Whats the best way to stop a rebellion or revolution stop it before it even starts how do you do that? Well the communists had a good idea more police everywhere, the nazis had a similar idea as well kept those jews in line, the more police you have the more eyes and ears you have. The problem is police are not easy on the eye they make people angry and resentful so an improvment on the commies idea, Security cameras.

A camera on ever street, building, and home in the USA. With eyes all over the place and ears listening in on our phone calls they have complete control over any situation that threatens their power.

Yes terrorists might film places but they can also memorize them, what do we do about that cut out everyones eyes so they cant look anywhere? Thats a lame duck bush administration excuse for not filming in public places. And really lets ask ourselves what are terrorists? In my definition a terrorists is someone who kills innocent people for personal gain. Hmmm the United States government fits that description better than Al queda does.

Do you even know why Osama Bin Laden and folks like him hate the west? Because we are taking the values out of their society, and we are replacing it with the quest for money and power. I can agree with that too, we have no values on anything in the west except money. If you ask people what they want most in life they will probably say "to be rich". I think thats disgusting they should want to be happy, but no money is the only thing we value.

Thats really what this and many other issues come down to, Money and the quest for power. People like you fail to realize that as humans cops and politicians are very prone to corruption, and where as they might start off good and innocent over time they will be corrupted with authority and money(politicians more so for the money thing). So when you have a society that values money and power, though money leads directly to power, you have a society not by the people for the people, but by the rich and powerful for the rich and powerful. If you disagree with me then you need to open your eyes and take a nice dose of reality.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What do you expect? You elect a$$holes and then you go OMG what are they doing!!!???

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI
What do you expect? You elect a$$holes and then you go OMG what are they doing!!!???

Exactly the problem. We do NOT elect these people. They stopped even letting us have that little illusion 8 years ago and people still think we elect them.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
News memo to Amy Goodman. The next time a police officer tells you to move along.....move along.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
i'm currently living in china the communist china and you know what, you are free to take pictures anywhere here as long as its not a government building, i feel there is a turning point here, communist china having the real freedom while democratic america is loxing it.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Coming in late...

I propose (and am a staunch proponent of) enacting legislation that requires all elected Federal officials, as part of their sacrifice of office, to have video cams (with audio) attached to them at all times fed to public access channels.

This would enable us to:

Ensure that those who serve are in it for the service;

Ensure that those who serve are actually serving us and not their own or cronies' interests;

Keep the secrets (which allow a government to be subverted, by virtue of not allowing us to make the choices for us) out of government;

I feel that if they can watch us...we should watch them.

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

Um... FYI, we did not elect Bush - ever.

The Supreme Court appointed him in 2000, and Diebold ensured he looked like he was elected in 2004.

We know about Diebold because the exit polls, which in paper ballot cases are always off by a very small margin, were showing Kerry ahead by a tidy amount and the skew from those polls and what Diebold gave was statistically impossible.

Geez. Learn ya'se'f a bit o' history, then.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join